The Division 2

So, still months since touching Destiny 2 i've been revisiting the looters I played for a bit and dropped in the past two years. Revisiting Outriders was fun for a few weeks but once you can clear CT15's.. there isn't anything to do in that game.

I re-installed this game last weekend, ran through the story again to relearn how to play it then realized there was an expansion that changed a ton. Played through that story and got to level 40 and realized there is a TON to do in this game now and i'm getting overloaded with gear. The world difficulty settings, the changes to skill build viability, the ton of new missions, the whole new NYC map, targetable loot, the summit.. Oh boy.. plenty to sink my teeth into!

There is a lot to really crafting a "build" which is what I really enjoy so I think I found a new timesink for a while.

The DLC is called "Warlords of New York." But be weary, some people have been having problems with CTDs, not trying discourage you or anything, I'm one of the lucky ones that can play the game without it crashing.

Started playing again about a week ago, been having a lot of fun. It looks like only 2 or 3 of us in the clan are active.

is the expansion something you can play single player or is it multiplayer oriented like most things in these games?

is the expansion something you can play single player or is it multiplayer oriented like most things in these games?
It's always been a multiplayer game, but you can still do a lot of things solo. I wouldn't expect the new expac to be any different.

It's always been a multiplayer game, but you can still do a lot of things solo. I wouldn't expect the new expac to be any different.

The main story is SP/MP and didn't require MP to really play it. A lot of the DLC/extras in both games required you to play MP which I I don't want to do.

I’ve done everything solo but if I die I occasionally hit the call for backup button and it seamlessly puts someone in my game who can revive and then help me. I love how well that works. Saves me from having to respawn.

I just really love the idea of returning to NYC in Div 2. I missed the snowy NYC vibe in Div 1.

Being from NY - you can smell the air in Div 1, they did such a great job - one of my fav games ever (and only looter shooter I like/love) and the atmosphere they created/recreated was a large part of that

Div 2 me and a friend played a free trial - maxed our guys, wasn't feeling it. Maybe I'll buy the 'whole set' when it's $15 just to play the return to NY

Something else that's really "wow"ing me right now is just the detail to the environments, especially in some of the newer missions and NYC. Cranked on ultra @ 3440x1440 its really something.

mething else that's really "wow"ing me right now is just the detail to the environments, especially in some of the newer missions and NYC. Cranked on ultra @ 3440x1440 its really something.

The Zoo in Div 2 is the only environment that I felt had the 'wow' factor of being in NY in terms of detail and immersion

By ‘tighter game’ do you mean a smaller map? I haven’t played Watchdogs 2 so I don’t think I get the context.
Meaning something that's more like Watchdogs 2 and less of a looter shooter I'm guessing. Looter shooters and MMO type games often lack the tighter narrative of single player games.

Just now hearing about Heartland, is this going to be another dlc expansion to the Division 2 base game, or will it be a new standalone game? If its a new standalone game, is it going to be considered the division 3?

Standalone. Seems like it will be somewhat like the Dark Zone, where you PvPvE and try to extract equipment/resources. I never went through the Dark Zones in Div2 much so not sure I'm overly interested. Also free-to-play but they are going to monetize something, right? Outfits, weapon skins, etc??

https://earlygame.com/gaming/the-division-heartland-coming-to-pc

I recently tried jumping back into Division 2, and having performance issues. A lot of freezing during engagements and the game keeps defaulting to windowed mode at a lower resolution. My hardware hasn't changed since I played through a year or so ago.

Anyone around here still play the first Division? I played them out of order. I played D2 when it came out. A few months ago I got D1 for like $10 and have been playing almost daily for the past month. It's starting to get repetitive as I have done everything you can do solo. There are several things I have not done at all yet as they require teammates but I don't know anyone that plays D1. I'd rather play with some [H] peeps instead of some random people from facebook or something.

Anyone around here still play the first Division? I played them out of order. I played D2 when it came out. A few months ago I got D1 for like $10 and have been playing almost daily for the past month. It's starting to get repetitive as I have done everything you can do solo. There are several things I have not done at all yet as they require teammates but I don't know anyone that plays D1. I'd rather play with some [H] peeps instead of some random people from facebook or something.

What do you need to do?

While I don't still play, I do still have it installed. While I probably don't have the best gear, I was pretty stacked before I quit. Getting teamates in d1 does seem to be a problem though.

I loaded it up a month ago or so, to see what's going on. dead

If you need a teammate, lmk.

Last edited:
I have it, not installed and haven't played in ages but I can load it back up and get shit done. It's likely the same missions that I haven't finished either because I don't have friends who played it anymore lol.

I'm down for everything but survival, people love it, 'survival race against the clock hit z to administer blood pressure medication' was never my thing

If we have another nomad (been a while, think that's the self heal one) we might be able to do speed runs of clear sky, best mission and only way to play

I need all the legendary missions done so I can that last shield. 6 piece classy Nomad and 6 piece Strikers, used to have a 6pc Reclaimer build but accidently deconstructed a classy piece. Been soloing mostly for so long, I forget what are good builds in a team, I know a Reclaimer(the team healer) is essential in a team but not sure what else.

All the incursions as well. Too bad you can't cheese them by dropping down to tier 2 and solo them.

Yeah, need all the legendary missions as well. I have 2 complete but that's like 5 or 6 more still to do.

Staknhalo and I tried one of the Incursions last night but couldn't get very far. We definitely need 4 people.

Which one? Was it Stolen Signal? Anyways, my UPlay is: Agent_BauerCTU

Let's all get something going for next week. I'll be watching some videos on the incursions and legendary missions so I know what to expect.

My gear is 6 pc classy Nomad and 6pc Strikers

Edit: I live in Seattle so PDT for me. Try to get on early mornings or after work right when the dailies reset so 17:00

Back