The Division 2

I got tired of the recycled content. I did not at all like that they expected you to go replay the same missions over and over. It should have been more single player game like where you could simply play the new content and move forward through the story.

I got tired of the recycled content. I did not at all like that they expected you to go replay the same missions over and over. It should have been more single player game like where you could simply play the new content and move forward through the story.
Agreed. It does get a really repetitive to replay missions and control point tasks just to unlock the bounty mission for the season's target operatives.

Div1 is just a better game all around. Far better and more interesting setting, same with the story. Both games have too much emphasis on multiplayer, imo, and there shouldn't be pvp at all since Massive can't figure out how to make that anything less than the most toxic fucking environment possible when it comes to mechanics.

No survival mode has completely killed my interest in this game. That's peak Div1 on a lot of levels and there's absolutely nothing in Div2 that kept me coming back. As far as I'm concerned the game is dead.

Div1 is just a better game all around. Far better and more interesting setting, same with the story. Both games have too much emphasis on multiplayer, imo, and there shouldn't be pvp at all since Massive can't figure out how to make that anything less than the most toxic fucking environment possible when it comes to mechanics.

No survival mode has completely killed my interest in this game. That's peak Div1 on a lot of levels and there's absolutely nothing in Div2 that kept me coming back. As far as I'm concerned the game is dead.
100% agree. Div 1 initially interested me a lot because of the narrative/story. However, they abandoned staying with a bit of reality and went full-retard Destiny/Whatever style multiplayer gaming that I can't stand. I don't mind coop, but the focus on the dark zone PVP stuff or bullet sponge raids is just such a huge turn off.

Very rarely, once or twice a month. But lately I’ve wanted to start a new character from scratch and play back through the story. I might do that if I can snag a new GPU, as part of the “go back and re-experience old games” thing we all do when we get new hardware.
What kind and how new of a GPU are you thinking of getting?

I still play survival to this day.. Love it.

I definitely liked div 1 way more than 2. Too much emphasis on MP for me. I also didnt lime how itnplayed out with progressive worlds you couldnt go back on. After the main story and the other bad guys moved in I lost all interest as the game became a massive chore to play.

I definitely liked div 1 way more than 2. Too much emphasis on MP for me. I also didnt lime how itnplayed out with progressive worlds you couldnt go back on. After the main story and the other bad guys moved in I lost all interest as the game became a massive chore to play.
I love both games, and think 2 is an improvement upon 1. I’m looking forward to a 3rd game in 2022-ish (hopefully). I hope they go back to winter in like Chicago or Boston or somewhere like that.

I love both games, and think 2 is an improvement upon 1. I’m looking forward to a 3rd game in 2022-ish (hopefully). I hope they go back to winter in like Chicago or Boston or somewhere like that.

I agree, but I do admit I got the first one not long b4 the 2nd one launched and I found it hard to know exactly what to do after I finished the campaign and got to max lvl, I once tried a mission it wanted me to do, but I could not even get passed the first mobs as they were all yellow and almost unkillable by me while the would rape me.

In the 2nd one I did miss the civilians running around in the city but I had abetter grasp at the game as i was playing from the start and did not skip a couple years worth of updates.

D2.png

it really sucks outliving your favorite franchises. i want a new division 3 so bad man. i wanna see what new gameplay possibilities the new console hardware allows for. bigger map, more enemies, smarter AI not just damage and accuracy up X amount.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I fired this up the other day because they have Fei Lau and the President and wrap things up and I just can't make myself do that grind anymore like that. I wish they had handled that stuff like the rest of the story. I suspected I was done with the game for a while and that pretty much proved it to me.

Is the game still based around doing the same missions over and over? Does the content for new targets still require you to replay old missions to advance?

Yup. The rinse repeat grind... I just can't do it anymore. It's not worth it.
I really liked the campaign part of the game in the beginning where you played through each mission once and improved the bases. The end game was absolutely terrible though where they expect you to repeat the same content.

I really liked the campaign part of the game in the beginning where you played through each mission once and improved the bases. The end game was absolutely terrible though where they expect you to repeat the same content.

I don't mind doing a little bit of that... this is the way Destiny can be as well for some things... but a little of that goes a long way otherwise that's it for me. Division 2 burned me out months ago. Too bad. If they do another game, and they probably will, I think they need retool and reconsider some things.

I don't mind doing a little bit of that... this is the way Destiny can be as well for some things... but a little of that goes a long way otherwise that's it for me. Division 2 burned me out months ago. Too bad. If they do another game, and they probably will, I think they need retool and reconsider some things.
I am avoiding anything developed by Massive unless reviews indicate that they have changed course.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Title Update 12

Are you using DX 12? If so turn iit off and use DX 11. Have you tried verifying files?

It's pretty broken atm, had glitches in DX12 so reverted to dx11 after a disconnect due to my internet crapping out the game now crashes every couple minutes, well, closes itself, found some post on reddit, seems a lot of people have this issue.

File verification failed and was corrected so it appears that some DX12 files were corrupt in the game files as direct x was reinstalled upon next game start up. The consequent game restart crashed my system though. The next game start was successful and hasn't crashed since so I guess it's fixed now.

I don' t know how excited I would be for a Division 3 at this point since I think it would just be more of the same. I don't see them doing much to make the world a more living world that changes any. I fired it up to look at the Tower and just had zero interest after the first floor.

I would love it though if they actually did some twists on the game since the setting and engine seem perfect for it.
For example, I think dealing with monster attacks in a large city similar to the Monster Hunter books by Larry Correia could be amazing. Or after playing with the shield and crossbow, it could also be interesting to see them do a something along the lines of Dies the Fire by SM Stirling where something causes some of the physical laws to change so things like gun powder no longer work and people revert to bows and classic weaponry.

I would not mind a 3rd game, but they do need to find a better way to keep things interesting then re-using the same content over and over again.

Also what is going on with bounties in NYC, some of them have you running trough half a zone, takes longer then some story missions.

I would not mind a 3rd game, but they do need to find a better way to keep things interesting then re-using the same content over and over again.

Also what is going on with bounties in NYC, some of them have you running trough half a zone, takes longer then some story missions.

I think some serious changes to be considered for a third game. It's a shame this thing just basically drowned in a sea of tedious slog. "More of the same" at this rate has no appeal for me.

I want to play something loot based again and am thinking about going back to finish the Warlords of New York story.

What is a good solo build these days? Is it skill builds? I have always gone a mix of red and blue and not paid much attention to skills. Should I focus on them now that I will have to redo all of my gear anyway after "gear 2.0"?

I want to play something loot based again and am thinking about going back to finish the Warlords of New York story.

What is a good solo build these days? Is it skill builds? I have always gone a mix of red and blue and not paid much attention to skills. Should I focus on them now that I will have to redo all of my gear anyway after "gear 2.0"?

I like the seeker mine and the turret, seeker mines can clear out full groups in one throw, turret is good as a diversion and does good damage

Since I solo a lot and rarely group play;I use a memento backpack and 4 piece Hunter's Fury with a god rolled Scorpio shotgun and AK-M, along with a revive hive and a turret.

If you can get it, you will want to use an Intimidate chest piece with the 4pc Hunter's Fury gear set.

The Division 2 Aiming to Add Major New Mode by Late 2021

We are thrilled to announce that The Division franchise has reached over 40 million unique players!

"As announced a few weeks back, we have begun work on new content for The Division 2. The development of this content will be led by a group of project veterans at Ubisoft Massive. This will see Adrian Trasca and Yannick Banchereau staying at the helm of the project as producer and associate creative director. We are also excited to announce that the new content will be made with the support of a talented group of developers at Ubisoft Bucharest

In the next major update, we are looking to bring a game mode that is entirely new to the franchise"...

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/...ad-ahead?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

The Division 2 Aiming to Add Major New Mode by Late 2021

We are thrilled to announce that The Division franchise has reached over 40 million unique players!

"As announced a few weeks back, we have begun work on new content for The Division 2. The development of this content will be led by a group of project veterans at Ubisoft Massive. This will see Adrian Trasca and Yannick Banchereau staying at the helm of the project as producer and associate creative director. We are also excited to announce that the new content will be made with the support of a talented group of developers at Ubisoft Bucharest

In the next major update, we are looking to bring a game mode that is entirely new to the franchise"...

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/...ad-ahead?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

Makes me wonder if it would be a BR mode.....In some ways I can see that being ok for the style of Division 2. My only issue is I am sick and tired of BR games laugh.

I took a hiatus from the game and yesterday I keep crashing out of the game after playing for several minutes. Hopefully they fix this issue since it has been reported online by numerous players.

I took a hiatus from the game and yesterday I keep crashing out of the game after playing for several minutes. Hopefully they fix this issue since it has been reported online by numerous players.

Yeah I have the same problem, quite annoying

Will this new game mode bring me back from quitting out of boredom? Probably not unless it's a story mode. Anything else is just adding more to the pile of boredom that the end game brings.

Will this new game mode bring me back from quitting out of boredom? Probably not unless it's a story mode. Anything else is just adding more to the pile of boredom that the end game brings.

My playtime ebbed and flowed with the first game (played a ton cumulatively - 1000 hours or so), and the second game has been the same (800 hours or so). The Division has a way of sucking me back in. I think I’m pretty much done with this one though. Bring on The Division 3.

My playtime ebbed and flowed with the first game (played a ton cumulatively - 1000 hours or so), and the second game has been the same (800 hours or so). The Division has a way of sucking me back in. I think I’m pretty much done with this one though. Bring on The Division 3.
I've put way more hours into 1 than 2 but nowhere close to your epic levels. 1 just felt way better with the tech build (seeker mines/turret) than what 2 "rewrote". My friends & I got bored with 2 as soon as we beat Keener. With 1, I can jump back in any time & do the LZ boss run for kicks while soaking in the snowy, quiet NYC atmosphere.

If 3 combines the best of 1 & 2, consider me in.

Back