The Division 2

I finally want an exotic AR (seeing the other one drops in a raid I'm not getting in anytime soon)

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Picked it up last week on the first cheap sale. In WT5 now, just made a clan to get the vendor and rewards from it but need a couple more people to join if you don't have one yet. Called "For the Vendor" aka FTV. Send an application and I'll grab you. No need to play with us or have coms or anything, just to get the crap for being in a clan

Good to see people are still playing this game. I logged in the other day and it said it had been 68 days since my previous login. I needed a break, badly. That break has turned into 400hrs into Destiny 2, nearly as much as I currently have in Division 2. A different game, but they have a better grip on their loot pool and gameplay loop. When I left Division 2, it was u t t e r l y unrewarding. Hopefully they are working on that, because I'd like to come back some day.

On that note, with my extended absence, the game has appointed Denpepe Clan Leader. He kindly notified me in the event I wanted it back. I think he will do a fine job. If those of you still in the HardOCP Clan need anything, you can see him. I'm guessing not since I was still ranked 4th in the Clan after a 2 month hiatus. :p

Have a good one guys. I'm still around if you ever want to chat. Take care.

I think I'll be spending all of my time in NYC from here on out. I'm way too bored with DC in game & I usually go back for LZ Boss runs in TD1 when I'm feeling nostalgic. Taking down Keener & having a blast doing so is the only way to go IMHO.

This is sounding good. The new re-calibration stuff reminds me of the Kanai's Cube from Diablo 3.
Anyone know of any active casual, laid back clans? I've joined two clans now and neither has been active and I've been playing the whole game so far solo. Just looking for some other like-minded players to play with.

I'm going to have to jump back into this ...I have been on a few times recently...but only for short amounts of time. It will be nice seeing NYC in the summer for a change..LoL. I have some work to do to unlock the Heavy Gunner and the class with the Rocket Launcher...meh..forget the name.

Coney Island was a nice little teaser for the NYC expansion that's coming. I will get the expansion but waiting on launch day and see what others have said about it. No pre-ordering this time around.

I enjoy TD1 a lot more than TD2, DC does get a bit boring after a while. Leveling up a guy to DZ level 99 with Striker Classy instead of Nomad this time around. I've been doing Survival but every time I get into the DZ, I get killed, rage quit, and rinse and repeat.

There's a TD1 Global Event coming up so definitely will play that and Survival, maybe I will extract this time.

STOG

State of the Game - February 12th, 2020
Title Update 7 / Episode 3 Links

Please note - TU7/Episode 3 is NOT Gear 2.0
  • There has been quite the confusion lately, but Gear 2.0 with all the changes to the attributes and the loot system will NOT drop with TU7 / Episode 3. All those changes are scheduled for TU8 / Warlords of New York.

Priority Alerts
  • Title Update 7 Released for all players today.
  • Early Access for Episode 3 released today. Episode 3 access for all will happen on February 19th.
  • Level 30 Boost Purchase
    • There was a Single Use Level 30 Boost available for purchase. If you purchased it by accident, instead of WoNY, you can contact Support and request a refund. There is an Unlimited Use Level 30 Boost that will available as part of the WoNY Expansion and you don't need to purchase the Single Use.
  • Warlords of New York (WoNY) will be released for those that have purchased the expansion on March 3rd, 2020.
  • Title Update 8 will be available for all users on March 3rd, 2020
  • The 2nd Raid will be released in the spring and will be available to all players.

News
Hamish had a more in depth discussion about future content to be released on March 3rd with Yannick Banchereau & Drew Rechner

WARLORDS OF NEW YORK (WoNY) EXPANSION

Seasons
  • Addition of Seasons to give new structure to endgame thru narrative, objectives and activities. The seasons will last 3 months at a time. Players will earn XP by playing objectives and activities to unlock rewards.
  • Seasons will be discussed in more detail in a future SOTG

SHD System to replace Field Proficiency Cache System.
=>[watch](insert)
  • Your shade level will allow you to customize your characters by investing points into stats permanently with Core Attribute Categories.
    • Offensive (WD, HSD, CHC, CHD)
    • Defensive (Armor, Health, Explosive Resistance, Hazard Protection)
    • Utility (Skill Damage, Skill Haste, Skill Duration, Skill Repair)
    • Handling (Accuracy, Stability, Reload Speed, Ammo Capacity)
    • Scavenging - Allows you to specifically target certain resources based on your need (certain crafting mats or currency for example).

Dificulties & Modifiers
  • Legendary Difficulty
    • To be added to the 3 original strongholds (Roosevelt, DUA, Capitol)
    • Will scale with Group Size
    • Will have same progression checkpoints as current Heroic missions.
    • Black Tusk Faction (wearing white)
    • New AI Mechanics (for example - BT Heavy no longer will have healer hive on back. Will now have a wasp type hive that will inflict more damage the closer it gets to the player)
    • More incentive to play harder content. The harder the difficulty, there will be better chances of better gear dropping.
    • Possibility of Leader Boards in the future. Not available at release.
  • Directives
    • Player selected difficulty modifiers to make missions or entire LZ more difficult with the promise of better rewards thru XP. (for example - adding modifier that stops healing out of combat modifier)
  • Global Difficulty
    • A degree of difficulty can be set over the entire world, and all of the NPCs, activities & missions will scale to the selected difficulty.
    • Directives can be added to the Global Difficulty modifier to increase XP.
    • Check Points - Once you gain control of a CP, you will maintain control until the Global Difficulty is changed.

The Dark Zone
There will be no new DZ in NYC. All changes being discussed are for the 3 DZs in D.C.
  • No longer will the DZ be viewed as a place for everyone. It's a lawless land for players "ready to engage with other players". The multitude of activities in the LZ should satisfy the need for a PvE DZ, and players should not go into the DZ expecting to not engage with other players.
  • VOIP will be open by default
  • There will be an added "Social Menu" in the UI that will allow you to see the names of players nearby.
  • Signature Weapons and Ammo will be removed from the DZ
  • The player count will remain at 12, but they will continue to monitor

Misc.
  • Raid Leader Boards will be reset when WoNY and TU8 is released. They will retain Legacy Leader Boards.
  • 1000 Stash Count - Yesterday's stream used a dev. build and the Stash Inventory Count will not be increasing.

Known Issues
=> you can check out the Known Issues here: Link

Roadmap

Community Resources
The community has provided many guides, tools, and lists: Link

Important links
  • Video
  • Article on the official page

I tried to download uPlay last night to try this, but it seemed like Ubi's servers were down. Couldn't even get to their website.

I'm sure they'll find something to fuck up but it looks pretty exciting.

I also want to like the PvP in this game, but honestly they can't seem to make it anything but awkward as fuck in practice.

I played trough the Coney Island missions, not bad, tad short maybe imo, the setting is cool though.

For $3 I bit and bought the game. Never played the series, but for this price is worth checking out. I liked Destiny 2 so I think I'll probably enjoy.

how is the single player story in this?...how do graphics compare to the first game?...I get a sense that the game didn't live up to the hype

how is the single player story in this?...how do graphics compare to the first game?...I get a sense that the game didn't live up to the hype

Single Player story is pretty good, although there are some references to the Division 1 storyline, so it'll be good to read up if you've never played Div 1 before. I almost always play solo (not a huge fan of PvP in general) and it's a good 50-60 hours worth of gameplay on the story mission front (including Episodes 1-3).

Graphics are quite nice on my rig, although I was constantly frustrated with the random crashes during the first several months (bought it when Div 2 was released last year). Between patches and nVidia driver updates, the crashes are less frequent, but it sadly still happens to me (usually after 1 - 1.5 hours of gameplay).

so all of the story DLC Episodes 1-3 are free and is built into the base game?...the new Warlords of NY content is not free and is the start of Year 2 content?

so all of the story DLC Episodes 1-3 are free and is built into the base game?...the new Warlords of NY content is not free and is the start of Year 2 content?

Correct. Episode 3 is available today for Year 1 Pass holders, and on 2/19 for everyone.

I don't have a main group and after finishing the main story mode up to maybe wtier4, it started feeling to me like the grind it is.

Dark zone is also not my cup of tea so I'm guess im missing out on a bit of the unrepetitive replayability.

Will be waiting for reviews before picking this one up. OTOH, given my current lack of games to play, i may just pick this up anyway for the campaign.

Last edited:
I really needed to hear everything in this video. This may pull me back into the Division:

*hope Ubisofts makes things right with their Content Creators

--

4k Trailer:

--

Full Story Trailer:

Looks like they are going all out to save this game, which is good to see.

I really needed to hear everything in this video. This may pull me back into the Division:

Looks like they are going all out to save this game, which is good to see.

what turned you off about the game?...you were one of the biggest fans of the first game

what turned you off about the game?...you were one of the biggest fans of the first game

Pretty much everything he complained about in the video. The RNG; the lack luster gear - particularly Exotics; farming for hours and deconstructing literally everything because nothing was an upgrade and my existing gear was mediocre at best; constant inventory management; the Dark Zone having almost none of the atmosphere of the first game, also being so small the loot farmers could not employ any strategy to avoid Rogues... It was just the same boring thing day after day for no reward. I got burnt out and took a break. I am looking forward to seeing what the changes do to the game and playing the new content. Keener was the right choice, hopefully they pull off dispelling his mystery satisfactorily.

I'm thinking hard about deconstructing all my gear in my stash and on my characters, keeping a loadout or two, and just starting fresh with the Year 2 content. I stopped playing around August last year and i left my stash completely full and my characters almost full of gear, all items with some specific purpose in mind that i've since forgotten. I've logged on a few times over the last few months and i can't loot anything because my characters are full, and i can't really deconstruct anything because i haven't spent the time to review my items, and i'm just sort of stuck in paralysis.

That's where I am at. I played a bit earlier today and was just deconstructing stuff for the mats, but I have a few loadouts. I want to just start over again with a clean slate. Also, right now, Badger Zero Fs is being sold at the clan vendor for those don't have one.

I contemplating on whether grinding for the Savage Wolverine AR blueprint(Lvl 30) now or waiting until year 2 drops. https://holdtoreset.com/how-to-get-the-savage-wolverine-in-the-division-2/

Also, The Division 1 Global Event: Blackout starts tomorrow @ 0800 UTC and goes until the 24th. Maybe, I can extract in Survival finally, I keep dying to NPCs in the DZ lol.

Don't deconstruct anything now. Wait until March 3 when you can add stats from gear permanently to a stat bank to reuse.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
That's where I am at. I played a bit earlier today and was just deconstructing stuff for the mats, but I have a few loadouts. I want to just start over again with a clean slate. Also, right now, Badger Zero Fs is being sold at the clan vendor for those don't have one.

I contemplating on whether grinding for the Savage Wolverine AR blueprint(Lvl 30) now or waiting until year 2 drops. https://holdtoreset.com/how-to-get-the-savage-wolverine-in-the-division-2/

Also, The Division 1 Global Event: Blackout starts tomorrow @ 0800 UTC and goes until the 24th. Maybe, I can extract in Survival finally, I keep dying to NPCs in the DZ lol.

I've played hundreds upon hundreds of survival matches. I've got a good system for enjoying the scenery (my god is it beautiful) and being prepared for the elites and Hunter(s)

I can give you links to my recent survival runs on twitch if you'd like. My best PvE run was like 25.8k score because I killed almost 400 enemies lol. That was rad

Now if they'd just do the same thing for div2...

I've played hundreds upon hundreds of survival matches. I've got a good system for enjoying the scenery (my god is it beautiful) and being prepared for the elites and Hunter(s)

I can give you links to my recent survival runs on twitch if you'd like. My best PvE run was like 25.8k score because I killed almost 400 enemies lol. That was rad

Sure, I'd like to take a look at your runs.

STOG:

State of the Game - February 19th, 2020

Topics: Factions and their AI in Warlords of New York. Old enemies with new tools and challenges! We also will be answering frequent questions surrounding the expansion.

Title Update 7 / Episode 3 Links

Please note - TU7/Episode 3 is NOT Gear 2.0

• There has been quite the confusion lately, but Gear 2.0 with all the changes to the attributes and the loot system will NOT drop with TU7 / Episode 3. All those changes are scheduled for TU8 / Warlords of New York.

Warlords of New York - Launch Details and Versions

There have been many FAQs about the different versions, what is free, what is not and why the Expansion is not in the PS4 store.

This is an overview of the different editions:

=> Link

Priority Alerts

• Twitch Drops - Due to the confusion about the drops and how to get them, all players that log in before March 3rd will receive the Twitch Drops.
  • PS4 Preorder Issue - They understand that it's not available right now, but they are working on fixing it.
  • Preorder Vanity Items - will be available for those that purchase the game before April 3rd.
  • #FindTommy
  • - All Tommys have been found and the new weapon skin will be given to all with TU8 update on March 3rd.
  • Weird Walls - New physical walls have been discovered and will be fixed with TU8 update on March 3rd.
  • Stinger Hunter Outfit - It takes 24 hours for the outfit to appear in game. If you haven't received it after 24 hours, contact Ubisoft support.
  • Covert Black Hunter Outfit - Will be available in the store OR in can be earned playing in game thru opening Apparel Caches.

Summary

Hamish had a more in depth discussion about factions with Drew Rechner & Mackenzie Bates.

The old factions from New York have evolved in the 8 months since the Dollar Flu happened and have regrouped in Lower Manhattan. They have reformed, changed and adapted, just as our agents have. With new archetypes, toys and weak points, the factions are not a copy/paste of The Division 1 returning factions.

CLEANERS - A more battle hardened, tactical group with better toys.

• Improved AI with better tactical improvements, strategies and awareness than before.
  • While they have the weak points, like the old cleaners, weak point logic has been updated and will tie to each ability.
  • They heavies will destructible armor systems that will allow for individual destruction of armor.
  • Area Denial & Coverage Denial will be used by the Cleaners to promote alternate gameplay.

RIKERS - With the death of Larae Barrett, they have recruited and reformed behind the flag of the Rikers and have changed quite a bit.

• The faction is more about teamwork, gunplay and flanking.
  • OG Rikers will add to the battle by providing "Inspriation" healing. All of the faction that is around them will have an extra green bar of health that will exist until that OG is taken down.
  • There will be a more "grittier" feel to their weapons with proximity nail bombs and nail guns and shields.
  • There will be a need to deal with the Rikers with more strategic planning and taking out certain elements to be successful.

LMB - Stragglers have now been absorbed by the Black Tusk and they now have new weaponry and skills.

• Grenadier Warhounds that launch a 3 grenade volley - Explosive for Normal and shock for Elites. With a weak point on their back.
  • Minigun Warhounds that never stops moving - Avoid exposure and shoot the weak points in the legs to stop their attack.
  • Support - Will deploy an overheal and you want to prioritize destroying it. But if it's not destroyed, it will provide armor kits.

LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY - Level 40 only

• May have apparel awards linked to completing Legendary Missions.

MISC.

• The Eagle Barer - The new version of the raid will drop Eagle Barer 2.0
  • Roaming Hunters will be in both NY & DC.
  • DZ will have Level 30 and Level 40 Brackets - Level 30 will scale to Level 40, but loot will not scale. Also the buffs that bring a Level 30 player to Level 40 will be slightly less than a player playing at Level 40.
  • SHD Levels will be account wide, but you have to be Level 40 to contribute to those levels.
  • Dark Hours Raid - Level 30 players will be able to play with a Level 40 player in the Raid.
  • Still reasons to go back to DC after NY?
    • Seasons (to be discussed on the next SOTG)
    • Targeted Loot will be in either DC or NY.
    • Priority Mission and Projects will still target DC & NY.
  • No PTS for WoNY - Narrative driven campaign and they don't want spoilers.

*hope Ubisofts makes things right with their Content Creators

Indeed. Not surprised since I all of a sudden saw streamers I watch regularly getting paid to stream Div2 content last week or so when they hadn't touched it since Div2's release last year. Yet one of the streamers he mentioned was just playing Borderlands3. A streamer that used to play survival in Div1 damn near everyday.

Last edited:
Back