The Division 2

My buddies and I just did the missions last night. Not the most exciting thing ever but fun. There were a few gotcha spots, as you said, we had two sudden deaths by the two guys that like to rush in but we were all running hybrid skill builds (though gimped by 3/4 of us running technician with little / no points). Our 2x seeker mines, a (steroided) striker drone and an incendiary turret helped us beat it back. Considering it was story mode - it was a surprise for sure - since we normally farm challenging / heroic missions / bounties for loot.

I was talking to my buddies last night that the days of a straight gun / single target DPS build are way long gone. No way to crowd control and no way to stop the kamikaze flanking the mobs like to do all the time. Having a full skill build or good hybrid is basically a must nowadays if you solo (or another member on your team if grouped).

All of our timers are on reset now but if VF31Tomcatters want to give it another go, message me in game and we'll be glad to run you through it -> themaker387 (we run on EST)

Last edited:
Had some weird graphical glitches going on tonight, mostly with my toons arm, anyone else notice something funky?
funky arm.jpg

My buddies and I just did the missions last night. Not the most exciting thing ever but fun. There were a few gotcha spots, as you said, we had two sudden deaths by the two guys that like to rush in but we were all running hybrid skill builds (though gimped by 3/4 of us running technician with little / no points). Our 2x seeker mines, a (steroided) striker drone and an incendiary turret helped us beat it back. Considering it was story mode - it was a surprise for sure - since we normally farm challenging / heroic missions / bounties for loot.

I was talking to my buddies last night that the days of a straight gun / single target DPS build are way long gone. No way to crowd control and no way to stop the kamikaze flanking the mobs like to do all the time. Having a full skill build or good hybrid is basically a must nowadays if you solo (or another member on your team if grouped).

All of our timers are on reset now but if VF31Tomcatters want to give it another go, message me in game and we'll be glad to run you through it -> themaker387 (we run on EST)

I've seem to calm down my from rage quit the other day lol. I'll take you up on your offer to join you. I'm Agent_BauerCTU

I'm not too much into skills as I am into DPS, like the only skill build I liked was the Reclaimer from TD1. I don't even know what skill builds are good in TD2 now.

Skill builds are great. Going with the Technician specialization with good mods for the drone & smart mines (or any other skill) goes a long way. I'm at over 5K skill power for each skill, which is actually have a nice impact against elites.

My major gripe still remains... once I've done the quests, I'm back to square one with boredom. Is there anywhere to know when targeted gear rotate in? I'm looking to build a full Hard Wired gear set but I have no clue when any of that even shows up on the map.

Just look for the gearset targeted gear area on the map. It rotates daily. It could be a zone, dark zone or mission. I think it's random.

Could any of y'all please post some screenshots of your TU6 builds? Thanks. I want to get an idea of how to build a skill build.

Also, the best Global Event is happening now on The Division 1 for that care. Outbreak, the one where headshots make that sound when you shoot enemies in the noggings.

Could any of y'all please post some screenshots of your TU6 builds? Thanks. I want to get an idea of how to build a skill build.

Also, the best Global Event is happening now on The Division 1 for that care. Outbreak, the one where headshots make that sound when you shoot enemies in the noggings.

I'll do that for you tonight. I'm probably not the best example but at least SAM has acknowledged that I'm in the top 10% for skill kills.

Edit: ...and I forgot. I need to make myself a note & actually do it. I apologize VF31Tomcatters

Last edited:
If any one figures out how to get the Kendra Capital building level 5 shoot her rockets then kill her let me know. Maybe it's bugged. For the Technician shield accomplishment thingy.

OK False alarm. When I went back into the game it worked. It just came off of the list. All is good.

Last edited:
It was my first time playing the invaded Manning Zoo mission and I have to say it's now my favorite invaded stronghold out of 5 strongholds. The mortars,turrets, and electrical jammers were a nice touch too.

Crimsonknight13 don't worry about it, just whenever you get a chance, no rush.

It was my first time playing the invaded Manning Zoo mission and I have to say it's now my favorite invaded stronghold out of 5 strongholds. The mortars,turrets, and electrical jammers were a nice touch too.

Crimsonknight13 don't worry about it, just whenever you get a chance, no rush.

I keep failing... So many games to play & TD2 has taken the bench after I played most of the new content. Do you want every piece of gear I have equipped or just the general loadout screen?

Just the general load out screen.

I picked up a Pyromanic M4A1 the other day, the DPS isn't as high as the P416 G3 but the shit's hilarious watching my enemies screaming while they burn to death.

Title Update 6.1:
the divisionthe division 2
The Division 2 – State of the Game Recap: Title Update 6.1 and Situation: Snowball
mikel reparaz
The Division 2 State of the Game returned this week with a look at Title Update 6.1, arriving next week with a holiday event, a new mode, and much more. With Associate Creative Director Yannick Banchereau and Associate Game Director Drew Rechner, this week’s stream took a deep dive into what’s coming and what’s set to change next week. A few highlights:

• Title Update 6.1 will be deployed during the maintenance window (12:30-3:30 AM PST) on December 10.
  • The Division 2’s holiday event also begins on December 10, bringing free Santa hats and a chance to score a snowball-launching “Sleigher” weapon.
  • A permadeath Hardcore mode will also arrive in Title Update 6.1, although the developers stress that it’s not yet complete.
  • The stream also featured short Q&A videos with UI Technical Artist Braden League and Senior Narrative Designer Noel Walling.
  • The stream took time toward the end to answer community questions directly from the chat.
State of the Game streams every Wednesday at 8:00AM PDT on Twitch, Mixer, and YouTube. (To find out what was covered in the last episode, make sure to check out the previous State of the Game Recap.)

PRIORITY ALERTS
Maintenance Recap

• Fixed an issue that blocked progression in Manning National Zoo by not triggering the next stage after "Locate Emeline."
  • Fixed an issue that blocked progression in Manning National Zoo by not triggering the next objective after planting the C4.
Title Update 6.1 Incoming

• The new update will arrive on December 10, during the normal maintenance window of 12:30 AM PST – 3:30 AM PST.
Communication

• The team feels their recent communication with players has left room for improvement, and they have taken player feedback to heart.
  • The team will put a higher emphasis on keeping players informed and maintaining a productive two-way discussion.
  • The developers acknowledge many of the same areas in the game as players for improvement.
  • The team is still working hard on new content, and is currently working on a variety of revamps to address these areas for improvement.
Black Friday Care Package

• Ends tomorrow, December 5.
  • Log in to The Division 2 to claim it. Be sure to check your Mailbox at the stash!
TITLE UPDATE 6.1
Upcoming Fixes

• The developers have made further audio improvements, which should mean that instances where audio cuts out or stops completely should be much rarer.
  • Fixing an issue that causes Apparel items to stop dropping in the world before players have collected all 72 items.
  • Fixing an issue that causes players to be unable to send text messages in any chat channel under certain circumstances.
  • Turning off the alarm sound in the Base of Operations.
  • Improving loot UI to hide dropped item details while in combat, so they don’t block the Agent’s view.
  • Fixing an issue that prevents some Xbox One players from installing the game from disc.
  • Fixing issues with Cassie Mendoza, including spawn and notification glitches.
  • There are some fixes in 6.1 for invisible walls and NPCs getting stuck, but the developers are continuing to investigate these issues for future fixes.
Small balance changes to the Negotiator’s Dilemma 3 Piece Talent “Blowback”

• Updated to change the behavior of the launched grenade.
  • The grenade no longer explodes immediately on contact.
  • The grenade now has a fuse timer (currently 2 seconds) from launch before it explodes.
  • The UI now appears immediately on launch to warn players of the incoming projectile.
  • If the fuse is not finished, it will land on the ground and wait for the fuse to end before exploding.
Holiday Event – Situation: Snowball

• Washington, DC is still being fought over by all factions and the Division, but there should always be time for holidays and presents.
  • During the event, the game will get a new look, including a festive makeover for the login screen.
  • Players can grab a holiday care package that includes a festive Santa hat and three pieces of equipment.
  • Ambusher crews have a random chance to appear wearing Santa hats. Killing the “Hoarder” NPC wearing a hat has the chance to drop “The Sleigher” (guaranteed to drop the first time), a weapon that shoots snowballs and confuses enemies when hit.
Apparel Event #5 – Silent Night

• Runs from December 10 through December 31, and keys can be used until January 7.
  • Players who log in during the event receives one free Apparel Cache key (Year One Pass holders will receive an additional three keys as a bonus).
Changes have been made to how players acquire Apparel Event Keys:

• Guaranteed key with every three Field Proficiencies.
  • Guaranteed key with every five Dark Zone Proficiencies.
  • Weekly Apparel Projects reward three keys.
  • Gifting Apparel Event Keys is now possible.
Hardcore Mode

With the holidays around the corner, the developers want to try something out and deliver a surprise for players. For the past couple of months, they have been working on a side project that they think will add a lot of fun for players, as well as a new way to engage with the game. With the caveat that it’ll be in beta at release, this small addition to the game will arrive next week with TU6.1.

Details of Hardcore Mode:

• Permadeath – players begin Hardcore Mode with a new Agent, lose all progress and items on death, and can then start again.
  • If all a player’s character slots are full, they’ll need to delete one to create a Hardcore character.
  • Hardcore characters don’t have access to the Stash, and no gameplay rewards from Hardcore mode carry over to a player’s other Agents.
  • Hardcore Agents play on Hardcore-only servers, and can only play in co-op with other Hardcore players.
  • Hardcore Mode comes with special vanity rewards, including a YOLO hat awarded for reaching level 2.
More work is still needed on Hardcore Mode, but the developers are releasing it in beta because they feel that it’s already a fun addition to the game, and adds something new for players to experience. Some things haven’t yet been implemented as fully envisioned by the developers, and there are planned features that haven’t yet been added. However, the team would like to hear from players via the subreddit and forums.

just now, GW Hotel.
I got BTSU and Chatterbox.
Gave both away.
Next round a guy gave me Sawyer knee pads...
I love the community.

Last edited:
Alright finally reset my pw and got through checkout. Painless with PayPal, linked to UPlay and the game showed up, took about 30 seconds.
That was easier than other UPlay-linked purchases I've made.

New Gear System
In this State of the Game, we got the first introduction into the new Gear System. Keep in mind all of this will be added to the game after Episode 3 and all stats, talents and Gear Sets that you see are work in progress and subject to change.

Part of a larger revamp
  • As of this moment they have about a year's worth of feedback and ideas from players. This in combination with their own knowledge playing the game gives them a good foundation to work from.
  • Some changes can’t be introduced into the game incrementally and require a big-bang
  • So they needed to make this reboot of the gear game to address the big issues that have been brought up.

Why are we changing this?
  • Once the players hits endgame, they get confronted with a lot of RNG.
  • That puts a lot of stress on the loot system because you get a lot of things while doing content that doesn’t feel rewarding enough.
  • All these items put stress on the inventory system because you have to sort things out and also judge all the items that you got if you should keep them or not.
  • So instead of playing the game, you are more in the inventory screen and that is of course not the idea.

Overall the current situation is:

• Too rare to get usable things
  • The system is hard to understand (you need excel sheets for max rolls etc.) and it is difficult to judge what is good.
  • You have to keep too many things for recalibration.
  • No satisfaction in god rolls.
  • Too many hybrid builds – no clear roles in the group.

To address this, they have three aspects they want to change:

• RPG (The gear rework)
  • Recalibration stat storing
  • Skill power refactorization
Today, they are only talking about the gear rework and give you some context of what exactly and why it is happening.

Gear Rework is part of a package
Gear reboots are not particularly popular, especially when you already have good builds on your character.

So just to be clear, this gear reboot will be added to the game in a package:

• All gear will be rebooted.
  • There will be new items to get (double the amount of named items for example).
  • There will be new things to play.
  • There will be a new power cap – so you can grow as you get the new things and it is not just refarming items to get back to the status quo.
  • The old gear gets converted to the new gear system.

Goals with the new Gear System
=> Image

• Intuitive - (You should be able to look at things and judge them without an Excel Sheet)
  • Deep - (It should still keep synergies and connections that make builds interesting while still being accessible)
  • Satisfying – (You get rewarding loot and you feel the impact when you put an effective build together)
  • Transparent – (The focus should be more on what you see is what you get and less about hidden mechanics that you have to google)
  • Clear Setup – (The goal should be to start on one decision and then build around it and not get stopped because you don’t have enough red attributes to unlock a talent)

No Budget System
=> Image

• With the new Gear System, they remove the budget system from the items.
  • All the bars and every stat of an item can roll max at the same time (the god rolls are back)
  • That makes it easier to understand and judge, if an item is good or not in terms of rolls.
  • That should also give you a satisfying progression.

New Brand Bonuses
=> Image

They’ve looked at all the stats from the Gear Brands.

• More aligned with playstyle (they should fit better the different playstyles)
  • More combinations between the different Brands
  • Low popularity Brands revitalized with new attributes to make them more interesting.

Core Attributes
=> Image

The Core Attributes is something new that gets added to the items and is similar to Firearms/Stamina/Electronics system that we had in The Division 1.

Each item has one core attribute that is either:

• +% Weapon Damage
  • +1 Skill Tier
  • + Armor

The Core Attributes are the only way to get these stats and you have to make a choice if you want to do weapon damage, if you want to focus on Skills or if you want survivability through armor.

• The Core Attributes are determined by the Brand
  • Core Attributes can be recalibrated (As before still one stat per item)

Bonus Quality Indicators
=> Image

With the new Gear System we also get new ways to judge an item:

• You get stat bars for each attribute that shows you how close it is to max-roll
  • This way you can clearly see what stat is a god roll.
  • In the recalibration bench you can see the specific max values.
  • When it is max rolled, the specific stat also has an orange marker.

Powerful Talents
=> Image

In the new Gear System, the Talents have a different role than before.

• Build defining talents – they should be impactful when you equip them.
  • Amplifies your stats – for example, “increases weapon damage by 10%”.
  • No requirements – there will no requirements to activate a talent.
  • Fewer active Talents at the same time, but more powerful.
  • Regular Talents can be found on Chest and Backpack – no other normal items have Talents on them.

So in short, you don’t have to track and tweak your build to match the requirement of six and more talents. You can pick two build defining Talents on your chest and backpack and start building your setup around them.

Talent Group Synergies
=> Image

One of the goals of the Talent rework was also to put more focus on group synergies and not just on buffs for the specific player. They also have the goal to promote designated roles in the group, so that you can specialize in a healer or a tank for example and still pull your weight in the group.

For example:

• “Leadership” awards temporary armor to your team when you do a cover to cover move. It will be 20% of your current equipped armor. So the more armor you have (as in tank) the more armor you can apply to your group members.
  • “Emphatic Resolve” buffs weapon- and skill damage when you are healing other players. So you don’t just heal your team-members, you give them a damage buff at the same time.

There will of course still be talents that just focus on the player itself.

Gear Mods
In the new Gear System, we still have Gear Mods, but they have also been reworked:

• Gear Mods will only roll one stat.
  • Like the gear, the Gear Mod stats also have quality bars
  • This will help you in the sorting process when you go through your inventory.

Equipment Examples
When you look at your equipment you see on one glance the Gear Brand, the attributes on the item and the max-rolled stats are also highlighted with orange.

Keep in mind, all these talents, stats, and attributes are work in progress.

Exotics
While the Exotics have been reworked, the basic idea stays the same.

While the normal gear only has Talents on Chest and Backpack – the Exotics have talents for the other slots. (BTSU Gloves still come with a talent for example)

When you have an exotic backpack (or chest) – you also give up a regular talent – but the exotic backpack will compensate for that.

Named Items
Named Items are still in the game and it has been teased to be double the amount of what we currently have.

But since only chest and backpack items have talents – when you have a named item that is a glove, it will not have a talent, but one stat will be rolled better than how it would usually be allowed. (10% weapon damage instead of 8% for example)

This way the Named Items are still better than their normal counterparts.

Gear Sets
=> Image

All Gear Sets have been revisited and adjusted:

• Reworked – the Gear Sets kept their essence but are more straight forward now.
  • 2, 3 and 4-Piece Bonuses
  • Chest and Backpack have Amplification Talents

Amplification Talents

When you equip chest and backpack from a Gear Set, you sacrifice two normal Gear Talents. That is why on Gear Sets you have Amplification Talents on the chest and backpack. They basically increase the efficiency of the Gear Set by an amount. So if you want the full power of a Gear Set, you need to equip 4 pieces while two of them are Chest and Backpack. You can then further enhance the build with an exotic that can have talents for the remaining slots and a regular high-end item.

So you have to make an active choice of how you combine the talents and attributes of the items.

Solo vs. Group
The new Gear System has a lot more group synergies and buffs because that is what the old system was missing. But that does not mean, that there are no specific solo Talents.

Lootsystem Changes
The new Gear System also impacts the loot system.

• In the old system you got a lot of loot and most of it was trash.
  • The goal in the new Gear System is, that you get slightly less loot, but the vast majority of items that you get are super interesting and good.
  • So you spend less time in the inventory and when you get something it is interesting.

Gear Conversion
With the introduction of the new Gear System, the old equipment gets converted.

• Named Items will still be named items after the conversion
  • Exotics and Gear Sets are still around and have been reworked
  • Example: When you have a Named Item as gloves that no longer has a talent in the new Gear System, that item will have one stat that is rolled better than how it would usually be allowed. (10% weapon damage instead of 8% for example)
  • Stats and Mod Slot will be moved around and overall the item will still be good.

”Damage to Elite” removed
With the new Gear System, the Damage to Elite stat is removed from the stat pool.

The goal is to build high damage output to everything and not being able to kill an elite enemy faster than a red-bar enemy.

In essence: “Damage is damage to everything”

”Damage to Armor”
This stat will remain on the Shotguns.

New Gear System
In this State of the Game, we got the first introduction into the new Gear System. Keep in mind all of this will be added to the game after Episode 3 and all stats, talents and Gear Sets that you see are work in progress and subject to change.

Part of a larger revamp
  • As of this moment they have about a year's worth of feedback and ideas from players. This in combination with their own knowledge playing the game gives them a good foundation to work from.
  • Some changes can’t be introduced into the game incrementally and require a big-bang
  • So they needed to make this reboot of the gear game to address the big issues that have been brought up.

Why are we changing this?
  • Once the players hits endgame, they get confronted with a lot of RNG.
  • That puts a lot of stress on the loot system because you get a lot of things while doing content that doesn’t feel rewarding enough.
  • All these items put stress on the inventory system because you have to sort things out and also judge all the items that you got if you should keep them or not.
  • So instead of playing the game, you are more in the inventory screen and that is of course not the idea.

Overall the current situation is:

• Too rare to get usable things
  • The system is hard to understand (you need excel sheets for max rolls etc.) and it is difficult to judge what is good.
  • You have to keep too many things for recalibration.
  • No satisfaction in god rolls.
  • Too many hybrid builds – no clear roles in the group.

To address this, they have three aspects they want to change:

• RPG (The gear rework)
  • Recalibration stat storing
  • Skill power refactorization
Today, they are only talking about the gear rework and give you some context of what exactly and why it is happening.

Gear Rework is part of a package
Gear reboots are not particularly popular, especially when you already have good builds on your character.

So just to be clear, this gear reboot will be added to the game in a package:

• All gear will be rebooted.
  • There will be new items to get (double the amount of named items for example).
  • There will be new things to play.
  • There will be a new power cap – so you can grow as you get the new things and it is not just refarming items to get back to the status quo.
  • The old gear gets converted to the new gear system.

Goals with the new Gear System
=> Image

• Intuitive - (You should be able to look at things and judge them without an Excel Sheet)
  • Deep - (It should still keep synergies and connections that make builds interesting while still being accessible)
  • Satisfying – (You get rewarding loot and you feel the impact when you put an effective build together)
  • Transparent – (The focus should be more on what you see is what you get and less about hidden mechanics that you have to google)
  • Clear Setup – (The goal should be to start on one decision and then build around it and not get stopped because you don’t have enough red attributes to unlock a talent)

No Budget System
=> Image

• With the new Gear System, they remove the budget system from the items.
  • All the bars and every stat of an item can roll max at the same time (the god rolls are back)
  • That makes it easier to understand and judge, if an item is good or not in terms of rolls.
  • That should also give you a satisfying progression.

New Brand Bonuses
=> Image

They’ve looked at all the stats from the Gear Brands.

• More aligned with playstyle (they should fit better the different playstyles)
  • More combinations between the different Brands
  • Low popularity Brands revitalized with new attributes to make them more interesting.

Core Attributes
=> Image

The Core Attributes is something new that gets added to the items and is similar to Firearms/Stamina/Electronics system that we had in The Division 1.

Each item has one core attribute that is either:

• +% Weapon Damage
  • +1 Skill Tier
  • + Armor

The Core Attributes are the only way to get these stats and you have to make a choice if you want to do weapon damage, if you want to focus on Skills or if you want survivability through armor.

• The Core Attributes are determined by the Brand
  • Core Attributes can be recalibrated (As before still one stat per item)

Bonus Quality Indicators
=> Image

With the new Gear System we also get new ways to judge an item:

• You get stat bars for each attribute that shows you how close it is to max-roll
  • This way you can clearly see what stat is a god roll.
  • In the recalibration bench you can see the specific max values.
  • When it is max rolled, the specific stat also has an orange marker.

Powerful Talents
=> Image

In the new Gear System, the Talents have a different role than before.

• Build defining talents – they should be impactful when you equip them.
  • Amplifies your stats – for example, “increases weapon damage by 10%”.
  • No requirements – there will no requirements to activate a talent.
  • Fewer active Talents at the same time, but more powerful.
  • Regular Talents can be found on Chest and Backpack – no other normal items have Talents on them.

So in short, you don’t have to track and tweak your build to match the requirement of six and more talents. You can pick two build defining Talents on your chest and backpack and start building your setup around them.

Talent Group Synergies
=> Image

One of the goals of the Talent rework was also to put more focus on group synergies and not just on buffs for the specific player. They also have the goal to promote designated roles in the group, so that you can specialize in a healer or a tank for example and still pull your weight in the group.

For example:

• “Leadership” awards temporary armor to your team when you do a cover to cover move. It will be 20% of your current equipped armor. So the more armor you have (as in tank) the more armor you can apply to your group members.
  • “Emphatic Resolve” buffs weapon- and skill damage when you are healing other players. So you don’t just heal your team-members, you give them a damage buff at the same time.

There will of course still be talents that just focus on the player itself.

Gear Mods
In the new Gear System, we still have Gear Mods, but they have also been reworked:

• Gear Mods will only roll one stat.
  • Like the gear, the Gear Mod stats also have quality bars
  • This will help you in the sorting process when you go through your inventory.

Equipment Examples
When you look at your equipment you see on one glance the Gear Brand, the attributes on the item and the max-rolled stats are also highlighted with orange.

Keep in mind, all these talents, stats, and attributes are work in progress.

Exotics
While the Exotics have been reworked, the basic idea stays the same.

While the normal gear only has Talents on Chest and Backpack – the Exotics have talents for the other slots. (BTSU Gloves still come with a talent for example)

When you have an exotic backpack (or chest) – you also give up a regular talent – but the exotic backpack will compensate for that.

Named Items
Named Items are still in the game and it has been teased to be double the amount of what we currently have.

But since only chest and backpack items have talents – when you have a named item that is a glove, it will not have a talent, but one stat will be rolled better than how it would usually be allowed. (10% weapon damage instead of 8% for example)

This way the Named Items are still better than their normal counterparts.

Gear Sets
=> Image

All Gear Sets have been revisited and adjusted:

• Reworked – the Gear Sets kept their essence but are more straight forward now.
  • 2, 3 and 4-Piece Bonuses
  • Chest and Backpack have Amplification Talents

Amplification Talents

When you equip chest and backpack from a Gear Set, you sacrifice two normal Gear Talents. That is why on Gear Sets you have Amplification Talents on the chest and backpack. They basically increase the efficiency of the Gear Set by an amount. So if you want the full power of a Gear Set, you need to equip 4 pieces while two of them are Chest and Backpack. You can then further enhance the build with an exotic that can have talents for the remaining slots and a regular high-end item.

So you have to make an active choice of how you combine the talents and attributes of the items.

Solo vs. Group
The new Gear System has a lot more group synergies and buffs because that is what the old system was missing. But that does not mean, that there are no specific solo Talents.

Lootsystem Changes
The new Gear System also impacts the loot system.

• In the old system you got a lot of loot and most of it was trash.
  • The goal in the new Gear System is, that you get slightly less loot, but the vast majority of items that you get are super interesting and good.
  • So you spend less time in the inventory and when you get something it is interesting.

Gear Conversion
With the introduction of the new Gear System, the old equipment gets converted.

• Named Items will still be named items after the conversion
  • Exotics and Gear Sets are still around and have been reworked
  • Example: When you have a Named Item as gloves that no longer has a talent in the new Gear System, that item will have one stat that is rolled better than how it would usually be allowed. (10% weapon damage instead of 8% for example)
  • Stats and Mod Slot will be moved around and overall the item will still be good.

”Damage to Elite” removed
With the new Gear System, the Damage to Elite stat is removed from the stat pool.

The goal is to build high damage output to everything and not being able to kill an elite enemy faster than a red-bar enemy.

In essence: “Damage is damage to everything”

”Damage to Armor”
This stat will remain on the Shotguns.

tons of changes, this will bring me back

That almost reads like a soft reboot and a much needed one. I'll be checking in when that hits.

I'm glad this stuff got done for the people that care about it, but what i want to know is "did they actually do anything with the story?"

After beating the base game and getting through WT5 has any of the new stuff they put out actually been good from a plot perspective?

I wonder if that scientist is Vitaly Tchernecko from the first game. Did I spy Aaron Keener at the end? The rogue Division agent with a red SHD walking away?

Looks like we're getting a flamethrower specialization too. Time to fight fire...with fire?

I like the fictional Kriss Vector exotic chambered in 7.62mm too.

wait are the story things free? are they just extra content? I haven't touched Div 2 in a while...I never got through the second part after yuo retake the place and the new extra bad guys come take over.

Most of them are free, season pass holders get a couple extra missions and earlier access, the big stuff is free for all who have the game

State of the Game:

State of the Game - January 29th, 2020
This week’s The Division 2 State of the Game livestream offered up an advance look at what’s coming to the game with Episode 3 in February. With Associate Creative Director Yannick Banchereau and Associate Game Director Drew Rechner on hand to talk about the finer points of fighting fire with fire, the stream dove into Coney Island, the return of the Cleaners, and the new, flamethrower-equipped Firewall Specialization.

Priority Alerts
Maintenance
There is no planned maintenance this week.

Known Issues
Clan XP not updating

There is an issue with Clan XP and they are investigating that.

Blueprints not showing

The underlying cause for some Blueprints not showing up (for example, on the second or third agent after sharing Blueprints) has been found. The developers are working on the issue, but a fix may not be ready for Episode 3.

Kenly College Chapel not Opening

This is being investigated.

=> you can check out the Known Issues here: Link

Title Update 7 / Episode 3
=> Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: Episode 3 Story Trailer

The Division 2 Episode 3 takes the Agents to Coney Island in search of a cure to the virus that started everything.

Release Date: February

• At launch date, everybody will get all the bugfixes, changes and the new Specialization. Year 1 Pass Owners will be able to play the new missions.
  • Seven Days after launch, everybody else will be able to play the new missions.

Coney Island

Returning to Coney Island is something they’ve wanted to do for a while. In The Division 2 they could explore new areas with Washington D.C. but like a lot of the players, they were also very attached to New York. Returning to Coney Island is like coming back to familiar ground and also a city that is such a big part of the franchise.

Like in Washington D.C. time has passed and as you visit Coney Island, it is also summer. But this place also fits the hot and humid summer that you would experience in New York pretty well. Beyond that, as seen in the trailer, it is also a very moody place with a lot of interesting corners to explore – so it will be something different.

Coney Island is also not a free roam area, but you can explore the area through the missions.

Two New Missions
Episode 3 includes two new main missions:

• Coney Island Ballpark
  • Coney Island Amusement Park.

While they did not reveal any specifics, in the new Main Missions, the story will take a leap ahead. Episode 1 and Episode 2 have built up to this and “now you will know where this is going”. There will also be some callbacks to The Division 1 and it will tie up some unresolved things.

The Cleaners Return
It has been eight months since we saw the Cleaners the last time. Even though their leader Joe Ferro was killed when the Napalm Production Site was raided by Division Agents, the Cleaners are still around and they have changed. They are more strange, more tactical and also more battle-hardened.

Tactics

In The Division 1, one of the key tactics was to blow up their big gas tanks that fueled their flamethrowers and that was basically their big weak spot. That has not changed in The Division 2. The tanks are on the exact same spot as before just waiting to be blown up.

New Weapons
New Weapon - Honey Badger
=> Image

=> Image

As seen in the Episode 3 Story trailer, the Honey Badger will be added to the game as a normal weapon.

New Exotic - Chameleon

The new Exotic is an assault rifle that revolves around three buffs. These buffs are not exclusive, so you can build them up at the same time and then it is all about timing to activate and stack all the three buffs.

It also changes its color depending on your environment and the source of the weapon is a surprise as of now.

Talents
Adaptive Instincts

• Hitting 30 headshots grants +20% critical hit chance and +50% critical hit damage for 45 seconds.
  • Hitting 60 body shots grant +100% weapon damage for 45 seconds.
  • Hitting 30 leg shots grants +150% reload speed for 45 seconds.

Overlap

• While holstered, gain +5% weapon handling.

Two New Classified Assignments
With Episode 3 Year 1 Pass owners get two new exclusive Classified Assignments.

• Detention Center Rescue – Image
  • Nightclub Infiltration – Image

New Specialization – Firewall

The Flamethrower has been on the board for quite some time as something they wanted to explore – also because it is not something that you would expect to be in the arsenal of a Division Agent. They also wanted to add it to the game for a while, but it took time to develop and with Episode 3 and the return of the Cleaners it was a perfect fit to add it.

Concept
The basic idea about the Firewall Specialization is to get up-close and personal. Obviously, the flamethrower has a limited range (about 15 meters) and that feels quite close in the game, but that is where the new Skill Variant comes into play.

K8-JetStream Flamethrower Signature Weapon
=> Image

The Firewall Specialization is equipped with the K8-JetStream Flamethrower Signature Weapon. The Flamethrower ensures that you can take on enemies up close by firing an arc of flame dealing fire damage and applying the burn effect to enemies caught in its radius.

New Skill Variant
=> Image

With Firewall Specialization you get a new Skill Variant for the Shield that allows you to use your Flamethrower and the shield at the same time. This shield combo allows you to get close to the enemies and deal damage at the same time.

The new Striker Shield Variant will also gives the allies that are taking cover behind you a damage buff depending on how many enemies are in a cone in front of you. In essence, when you have the shield equipped, you see a cone on the ground and the more enemies you have in that cone, the bigger the damage buff is that your allies get.

=> Image

This can, of course, be combined with the team buffs, that give your team members in close proximity a damage buff.

Team Buffs
  • The Firewall Tactical Link gives a 10% damage buff to all team members that are within a 10-meter distance.
  • Bull Rush +50% Bonus Armor during cover to cover moves – Image

Damage Talents
  • Fiery Response – On armor break, apply burn to enemies within 5m (This should give you some protection when you get flanked while using the shield) – Image
  • Enriched Magnesium Formula – 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% increased Burn duration

Support Talents
  • Frontline Recovery – 10%/20%/ 30% Health on Kill

Handgun
=> Image

=> Image

The assigned handgun is a double-barrel shotgun that applies a debuff to enemies that increases the flammability.

Primer Round

Damaged enemies lose 50% burn resistance for 5 seconds.

This becomes especially useful when you encounter enemies that are immune to burn. Attack them with the handgun and they can be lit on fire with any tool in your arsenal.

Grenade
=> Image

The dedicated grenade of this Specialization is the “Cluster Grenade”.

The Cluster Grenade launches mini grenades that detonate in a large area of effect.

Weapon Mod
=> Image

The dedicated weapon mod is a Tactical Short Grip for the underbarrel slot and it gives +10% Critical Hit Damage.

Armor Kit
=> Image

Since the whole concept of this Specialization is about close encounters, the Armor Kit also supports that by giving you constant healing over 10 seconds:

The dedicated Armor Kit of this specialization recovers 200% armor and 200% health over 10 seconds.

Special Field Research
Similar to the Special Field Research for previous Year 1 Specializations, you will need to take on five stages of in-game challenges that each have their specific set of objectives and rewards. Once you have completed all the stages, you unlock access to the Firewall Specialization, adding the K8-Jetstream Flamethrower to your repertoire of powerful Signature Weapons.

If you own the Year 1 Pass, you will instantly unlock the Firewall Specialization. You still have the option to take on the Special Field Research, but as you progress through each stage of challenges you can unlock additional, exclusive cosmetic rewards such as the Firewall Safety Helmet, Shirt, Pants, and Mask. Additionally, you can collect the Caldera and Basalt Weapon skins, Lava Lake and Tremor Gear dyes and the Mundane Signature Weapon Skin.

FAQ
  • Since Pass holders get immediate access to the specialization, doesn't this create a gameplay advantage?

Specializations have abilities and specialized weapons tailored to specific playstyles. Though Year 1 Pass owners will have the benefit of instant access to new Specializations, all players will be able to unlock them through gameplay. All Specializations have different strengths and weaknesses and appeal to different playstyles and tactical situations. The new Specializations will offer the same tier of power as other Specializations.

• Is Year 1 Pass the only option to instantly access the specialization and earning the cosmetic rewards?

Players interested in the Firewall Specialization access and earnable cosmetic rewards, can either secure it through the Year 1 Pass, or purchase a Firewall ‘Specialization Pack' for Premium Credits on the in-game store. This entitles them to the same benefits for the Firewall Specialization.

• Can I still get the cosmetic rewards if I start the Specialization Field Research without the Pass?

Yes, you can upgrade to the Year 1 Pass at any point. The moment you get the Year 1 Pass, you will immediately unlock the Firewall (if you have not finished the Research just yet), as well as get the cosmetic rewards you have earned, depending on which stage you are at. Even if you unlocked the Specialization without the Pass, once you purchase it, you will immediately unlock all cosmetic rewards.
Episode Next
Here are some teasers for updates that come after Episode 3.

More Hunters
As Revealed during the State of the Game:

“There will be more hunters in the future.” (in an update that is coming after Episode 3)

Heroic for all factions
In an update after Episode 3, Heroic will become available for all factions and not just Black Tusk.

Back