The Division 2

I give credit to the guys that wanted to run it last night but post-patch I'm still re-farming parts to get to a decent build.

After watching the Nick Tew vid - I was surprised to see so many glass cannon builds: 100K armor and 20K health. I ran that before and it was one-shotted all day long.

Just out of curiosity what is everyone running right now? I'm testing out survivialist/ with AR/Shotgun (Sweet Dream) with chem heal + hive revive. Still farming for more optimized pieces. I need to get mad bomber back in one slot - I love that talent, especially with incendiary.

I give credit to the guys that wanted to run it last night but post-patch I'm still re-farming parts to get to a decent build.

After watching the Nick Tew vid - I was surprised to see so many glass cannon builds: 100K armor and 20K health. I ran that before and it was one-shotted all day long.

Just out of curiosity what is everyone running right now? I'm testing out survivialist/ with AR/Shotgun (Sweet Dream) with chem heal + hive revive. Still farming for more optimized pieces. I need to get mad bomber back in one slot - I love that talent, especially with incendiary.

I’ve just been slowly optimizing my glass cannon builds for better armor and health (say around 200k armor and 50k health at the moment). For PvP I’m using the standard On The Ropes builds for the most part. I did put together a PvE skill power build (~2400 SP) for the hell of it just to play with. It’s ok, requires you to sit back and let your skills do a lot of the work though. I’ll always be a face-tanking neanderthal at heart :D

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Not sure how this new Exotic will not get nerfed. Given what you have to go through to get it, I'd say it is the kind of reward it should be, but once it starts affecting PvP, the whining will commence and you know what happens then. That should take awhile given how few people will have it, but we'll see it. Probably by the time I get it (if that ever happens).

Also, finally a good Gear Set? Well, well.
What incentive is there for solo players to purchase the season pass if they are blocked from gear?

like this
That's my feelings on the matter. I've been playing pretty much solo from day 1 since i get on when most everyone is not. Only time i get a chance to play more than a few hours is the weekend and that's family time for the most part. Maybe if the cry is loud enough they'll put in some difficult and convoluted way to solo the new exotic? :shifty:

I have been running around with some random pieces of armor that are all 500 and def. not optimized...well all the abilities are beneficial with the weapons I'm currently using (AK-74m and Chatterbox) but definitely not optimized yet. The AK only does 16 or 17k - so going to test an LMG I have that does 28.8k (doesn't look very LMG) w/100rd mag and see if that will work for me.

After being in the group that attempted to do that raid last night....I know I'm going to have to take some time to get a somewhat optimized build ready for this.

What incentive is there for solo players to purchase the season pass if they are blocked from gear?

I solo 97% of the time, so I hear you. I imagine they will eventually offer it via other means, but I'd wager it would be after a nerf. That said, they have to offer something to those players that do have a team and are looking for a challenge... and the reward needs to match the work put in. Knowing that, it doesn't really bother me that there is an Exotic tied to the Raid, I just wish it was the one Exotic I have any interest in using for more than its Holstered Talent.

Updating from my previous post. There are still 2 more parts to come.

Raid Build and 1st Boss: DPS is the aim of your build

Raid Boss #2: Health and Hazard Protection are the aim of your build

Not sure if you're picking up on this or not, but it looks like you're going to need 3-4 optimized builds in your Loadouts to make this Raid the least frustrating.

Last edited:
like this
Me and my friends were really disappointed in the raid. I am a bit shocked that not many, or any are talking about how cheesy it is. We thought it was going to be great with first encounter. Then got to Boomer and we were talking this is dumb, boring, and not a good design at all. Watching the other videos are making me think at how shit it really is. The missions in TD2 are good, not like TD1. There is a lot of scale and movement, and doing in the missions. They do not feel as linear as TD1 missions. We thought it would be epic, but felt the complete opposite and similar to the TD1 incursions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raid Boss stage #3:

Build doesn't matter, must monitor Boss' health and coordinate with Team.

EDIT: Hybred Tank / DPS build to consider for those of you unsure of how to prepare for the Raid. Decent generic build also, if you just want one build you can "do everything" with.

This is similar to my current Build, but much more optimized.

Lastly, Raid in 24 minutes (in German, sorry):

Last edited:
like this
Anyone beaten this yet? Or attempted it?

It just seems like too much work to me.

I attempted it earlier. Our group just couldn't get past Boomer. Every person needs to bring DPS or it's going to take a long time to finish him.

You do need coordination and team work because there's several mechanics at play in that room. You can either use the laptops or the minigun to disable those shield generators. Our group tried the strategy of moving as one clockwise around the room to kite Boomer in line with the minigun on that side. While at the same time killing the mobs that spawn in around you and not getting hit with Boomer's melee swing attack.

Once you have the generators disabled one person needs to be on the minigun shooting at Boomer's backpack. This temporarily drops Boomer to his knees at which time every single raid member needs to focus fire at his head. This is where you need high DPS. Ideally you should knock off 2 bars of his armor at this time. Rinse, repeat.

Another mechanic at play is Boomer has his little healing box on his chest. When you see it glow green you have to shoot it or he will heal his armor all the way up. This might work best for the player that his the 'eye'. You'll see a red eye icon on your screen if you have it, or it will appear next to the raid member's name if they do. Boomer will focus and chase the player with the eye. Use this to lure him out in the open for the minigun.

Do AR’s still drop with the Optimist talent? I’ve been after one for 3 weeks now, no luck.

Anyone beaten this yet? Or attempted it?

It just seems like too much work to me.

Do you win a bunch of special gear or is it just a lot of the usual with an RNG drop on this new exotic if you're super lucky?

Do AR’s still drop with the Optimist talent? I’ve been after one for 3 weeks now, no luck.

Yes, I just got one Saturday. You can also Recalibrate it on if you've got a trash piece with it. It has been nerfed a little, but still one of my favorite Talents. Ranger is good too, if you can't find Optimist.

Yes, I just got one Saturday. You can also Recalibrate it on if you've got a trash piece with it. It has been nerfed a little, but still one of my favorite Talents. Ranger is good too, if you can't find Optimist.

ok thanks. i've been on the lookout for Optimist or, as a consolation, Ranger. I'm looking to use it to Re-calibrate my main P416 :D. guess i'll just keep grinding which is par for the course with looters.

ok thanks. i've been on the lookout for Optimist or, as a consolation, Ranger. I'm looking to use it to Re-calibrate my main P416 :D. guess i'll just keep grinding which is par for the course with looters.

With the nerf to Optimist, Ranger may be just as strong, if not stronger depending on how close you tend to engage enemies. I like medium range, which would be good for that Talent, but a lot of engagements force us into close range, where I think I get more use out of Optimist.

I have been reworking my build. Man it such a nasty grind to get the gear you are looking for. We have are going to try heroics to get the gear we need but man its gunna be rough...

Do Heroics drop better gear? I mean everything is still capped @ 500 now right? Or do the guns have more DPS like from the DZ?

like this
Do Heroics drop better gear? I mean everything is still capped @ 500 now right? Or do the guns have more DPS like from the DZ?

Has it been confirmed anywhere that weapons from the DZ drop with higher damage?

State of the Game #121

• Tomorrow's maintenance will be later than usual, but shorter
  • Title Update 3.1 is mostly bug fixes & minor quality of life changes
  • No RAID nerfs planned for Title Update 3.1
  • PTS before Title Update 4
  • No time frame for Title Update 4

like this
Has it been confirmed anywhere that weapons from the DZ drop with higher damage?

Not officially, but Reddit seems to agree that is the case. Higher difficulties and the DZ have a higher chance to drop "better quality" loot. Better base damage weapons, better rolls on gear, better Talents & Talent combos & of course Exotics. Not to mention, after you hit max level in the DZ, DZ Field Caches drop at a much faster rate than Open World. They're only 2 items, but come with a small chance to get Apparel Cache fragments.

Last edited:
Frankly it's more trouble than it's worth for me. Some of the Challenging stuff can take quite a bit of time. I simply haven't been motivated to see the bullet sponging from hell and half a shot insta-death grind that I would expect to see in Heroic.

Frankly it's more trouble than it's worth for me. Some of the Challenging stuff can take quite a bit of time. I simply haven't been motivated to see the bullet sponging from hell and half a shot insta-death grind that I would expect to see in Heroic.

I'm in the same boat. I don't typically care for Heroic and/or game modes that require time and resources I dont have easy access too. That doesn't mean I don't understand and agree with the harder content & better rewards for those who do enjoy it & put in the effort. I'm not one of those who is going to run to Reddit crying I should be able to solo the Raid on Legendary. I'm glad the game has challenging content for those who like it, and I've no problem with them being rewarded in proportion to that difficulty (as long as nothing gets gated behind said difficulty). So far, apart from the new exotic AR & Low GS drops before the last patch, I think Massive has handled the rewards fairly well. I'm just bored with the game and waiting for TU4, since it brings more story & open world activities.

like this
I'm in the same boat. I don't typically care for Heroic and/or game modes that require time and resources I dont have easy access too. That doesn't mean I don't understand and agree with the harder content & better rewards for those who do enjoy it & put in the effort. I'm not one of those who is going to run to Reddit crying I should be able to solo the Raid on Legendary. I'm glad the game has challenging content for those who like it, and I've no problem with them being rewarded in proportion to that difficulty (as long as nothing gets gated behind said difficulty). So far, apart from the new exotic AR & Low GS drops before the last patch, I think Massive has handled the rewards fairly well. I'm just bored with the game and waiting for TU4, since it brings more story & open world activities.
This is the key. They have failed with the new exotic AR.

like this
Okay, took longer than expected, but here is the full Raid Guide from Marco:

Raid Build and 1st Boss: DPS is the aim of your build

Raid Boss #2: Health and Hazard Protection are the aim of your build

Raid Boss stage #3: Build doesn't matter, must monitor Boss' health and coordinate with Team

Last Boss: Mixed Builds depending on roll, most coordination needed

I have been reworking my build. Man it such a nasty grind to get the gear you are looking for. We have are going to try heroics to get the gear we need but man its gunna be rough...

It's even worse than you think:

"This gives us a formula of 1 / 95 / 9 / 8 / 3 = ~0.000049 or ~0.0049% or a 1 in 20,408 chance.

"But wait, there's more!" Not every drop in the game is a gold piece of armor. There are purple drops which diminish the odds further, and the chances of getting gold weapons or mods which diminish the chances even further.

"This gives us a formula of 1 / 95 / 9 / 8 / 3 = ~0.000049 or ~0.0049% or a 1 in 20,408 chance.

"But wait, there's more!" Not every drop in the game is a gold piece of armor. There are purple drops which diminish the odds further, and the chances of getting gold weapons or mods which diminish the chances even further.
That’s how the devs plan to keep us playing for years to come... :(

like this

That's why you just don't worry about it. Aim for a talent that you like and simply the color attribute that you want.

like this
What kind of benchmark score is everyone getting with max setting at 1440p?
EY2_ZjK_mHoFoSX2Goc3zDgrYTWLtAAC9PjPNaTdhril-3fkChXWQv47Vlo4kklVRM3fL4s5RLZEXgs-2U=w1320-h743-no.jpg

klNyYZmo8XD6XAZhOefaS9-twJQVzZdWBRBz12fRlxLOyaZ8WdyKgLka6h5CBHqufmEPLTkHpwurm5xSvs=w1320-h743-no.jpg

I got to WT5. What do I do now?

I got some green set pieces from Tidal Basin. How do I get more? Or are they not that good?
How do I get exotics or parts to craft them?

Well the "5 hour" Raid is down to roughly 16 minutes:

I still haven't even attempted it yet, and probably never will, but we'll see.

We should get a group together and try it on an extremely casual basis with the understanding that people will probably drop out after an hour or two. Getting 8 clan members on at the same time would probably be the trickiest part, considering time zones and availability.

An exploit has been found to endlessly farm NPCs for as long as you want. If you are having problems finding the gear you want, or leveling up a second character, check this out. This will get fixed asap, so....

like this
^^ That's hysterical. I want to do that right now. (Although I wonder if people will get in trouble)

Last edited:
^^ That's hysterical. I want to do that right now. (Although I wonder if people will get in trouble)

They are playing content the Devs put in the game, there is no basis for them to get in trouble. The Devs will patch it as soon as they hear about it (probably working on it already), but they cannot punish you for playing the game.

like this
the division had a couple of places like that. one was lincoln tunnel. I would solo it and activate super and you could one shot enemies with a sniper on challenge mode. got tons of great gear from that. Another was more an exploit, where you kill enemies at the start and then reset the mission. They got nerfed fast and hard, you probably have 3 days to run this one, only you need a full team to do it effectively.

Back