The Coolermaster Gallery

That's a nice machine. Do you get high temps with all those HDDs blocking the airflow in the front?, or do you have like 10k RPM fans?

That's a nice machine. Do you get high temps with all those
HDDs blocking the airflow in the front?, or do you have like 10k RPM fans?

The three front fans are 80mm/2500rpm.

With SpeddFan I can keep the HDD to an acceptable temperature.

Unfortunately, since I use a RAID controller, I can't monitor the temperature of the HDD, so I refer to the temperature of the NB.

The temperature of the NB tends to rise due to heating of indoor air during the activity of HDD.

An ambient temperature of 20 ° C the fan running at 50% (1200rpm) and their noise is covered by the one generated by the fan of RAID controller.

Only in summer, during the hottest days, the fans get to 2200rpm.

Well, considering that many here are already WITH to I7 my pc is no longer on the list of "top1000" but here he's still running my games, so I decided to wait for the I9 to see how it goes.
Thus, and with summer coming around here I decided to give one last upgrade on the system, changing the Akasa Nero and the chipset cooler, which is a noiser.
I found a 60mm CoolerMaster in my "junk" and it´s very quiet and runs at 4000rpm, doing a good job without the chipset even dream of getting close to the same noise that motherfucker standard cooler that comes in the mobo does.
For the processor I bought a Corsair H50, which is new, but the material I found on the Internet is very good:
DSCN0290.jpg

I spent a whole afternoon to try to improve the organization of cables inside the PC, but installing the Corsair H50 itself is very simple and quick ... I just tighten the screw before you put the "block" and so spent 20 minutes to install the kit, but I believe it can be done in less time, and it neatly!
Because, unfortunately, with the installation of the radiator panel acrylic for fans of Stacker did not close it, I had to "adapt" a panel in order to bring cold air into the cabinet, since it now runs out in summer would beg to have problems:
DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

These are the temperatures when the system is stock (for now, I'm going to play over after dinner: D), who has encouraged me a lot because they are only 30 degrees lower than with Nero (now is very hot in the room and to the tests I´m not using the air conditioner:

Boot (MCP temperature of 25 ° smaller and without the fan noise standard):
DSCN0305.jpg

System in Idle, 3min after running the Lynx (the temps fall in practically no time back to when idle):
StockIdle.png

Maximum temperatures recorded while running the Lynx to test all memory (the worst of the tests):
StockLynxAll.png

Final result:
DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0293.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

Now I'll play over and come back with new results! : D
Hugs
André.

My CM black widow was relegated to backup pc duties. Not bad for almost 10 years of service. I bought a 1000 for a little more room after neweggs recent free shipping deal. I didn't realize I needed fan extentions.. I plan on redoing the wires when they arrive.

cosmos1000c.jpg

cosmos1000b.jpg

yes. that's a Zalman 6-channel controller... and yes the door closes all the way. :D 4 rubber grommets and 15 minutes later it actually worked. spent like 3 days searching the net that allows the door to shut but everyone just recommended getting a flat digital one. Fortunately I couldn't find a 6 channel dig. controller cause I like manual controls and it was easy fix
cosmos1000a.jpg

Last edited:
I personally don't like the paint job. Why? covers the case design and dominance looks of Storm Sniper.
If it camo was limited to the grill areas, it would add too the case natural lines.
-

Are you kidding? The camo looks awesome on that case. It adds an ambience to the case. Hell, that thing could snipe the crap outta me!

Paintjob looks very good on that case. Wouldnt have worked on alot of cases, but this definently does :D

why? it is excactly the same case on the inside, Just HAF is a bit more ugly on the outside, plus HAF is made from heavier material.

1) HAF 922 is smaller than the ATCS 840, it is not the same case internally. The 932 <-> 840 may be the same internally, they look like it (other than the HAF being steel).

2) That's your opinion

3) The ATCS is made with thin aluminum other than the frame and the front panel. The sides are ridiculously thin. The front intake is blocked by the "plate", and the right side panel has no fan mounts.

Organized some of my cabling and replaced my 3x120 and 2x120 rads with a quad.

p1020398.jpg

p1020399.jpg

What'd you know.. it fits! :)

p1020401.jpg

p1020402.jpg

p1020403.jpg

p1020413.jpg

p1020418.jpg

p1020421m.jpg

I'm not sure if I ever posted this in here, but this is my old coolermaster.
Mercury1.jpg

Mercury2.jpg

Mercury3.jpg

Mercury4.jpg

Mercury5.jpg

Mercury6.jpg

Mercury7.jpg

Mercury8.jpg

Mercury9.jpg

I actually sold this rig to another [H] member and this is my new rig in a all
black Stacker 830 Evo:

inside1.jpg

inside2.jpg

fancontrol1.jpg

(also posted in the rate my cables thread)

Windows Home Server

Coolermaster 590 Tabs between bays removed with a file
Intel D945GCLF
Adaptec 1420SA Supermicro CSE-M35TQ, 2off Stoke fans replaced
Seagate hard drives, 7off of various types and capacity

PSU is upside down so PSU fan does not pull in dust from beneath case
The drive tray in white is intensional and is the system drive
The DVD is there for the very few times it is required
The extra molex power connectors are there for when another CSE-M35TQ is added; at which point the DVD drive will be removed
Have a Supermicro AOC-SAT2-MV8 ready for when more storage is required

Why can't PSU manufacturers make the mobo power cables longer?? :(

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

front.jpg

Cool, A coolermaster Gallery.

Ok,Ok , I know It needs cable management again. This is from over a period of time of upgrading and just throwing stuff in without taking the time to hide the cables.

Here in the near future I plan to either change the CPU cooler or at the least remove the stock fan and install something else. I think at that time I am going to paint the inside of the case. and do some much needed cable management. The case lighting used to be blue. and I have been replacing with red, Well, not really red.. More like orange . which by the way was a big disappointment for these CC lights, But I think when I paint the inside I am going to re think the color. and hell I may just paint the outside too. dont really know yet

Dm43.jpg

Dm42.jpg

Dm33.jpg

Dm32.jpg

DSC00616-1.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

(also posted in the rate my cables thread)

Windows Home Server

Coolermaster 590 Tabs between bays removed with a file
Intel D945GCLF
Adaptec 1420SA Supermicro CSE-M35TQ, 2off Stoke fans replaced
Seagate hard drives, 7off of various types and capacity

PSU is upside down so PSU fan does not pull in dust from beneath case
The drive tray in white is intensional and is the system drive
The DVD is there for the very few times it is required
The extra molex power connectors are there for when another CSE-M35TQ is added; at which point the DVD drive will be removed
Have a Supermicro AOC-SAT2-MV8 ready for when more storage is required

Why can't PSU manufacturers make the mobo power cables longer?? :(

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

front.jpg

Dang Asposium, I feel like I am looking at pictures from newegg. Awesome home server build. Whats the noise like on this?

Dang Asposium, I feel like I am looking at pictures from newegg. Awesome home server build. Whats the noise like on this?

my "paying hobby" is as a photographer; they were quickies :p

the noise with the stock fans on the CSE-M35s was horrendous, the server sounded like a jet-engine. the server could be heard up-stairs with the doors closed! :eek:

i replaced the stock fans with low speed silverstone fans and added fans controllers to the two silverstone fans and the fan on the GPU (controllers not shown in the photos)

with the fans turned down they are hardly audible; the only noise now noticeable is the "chatter" of the hard drives

Nothing in it yet, but found a like new atc110 after looking for a few months!

atc110eeep.jpg

Ya thats my only problem with the case so far. Took me a while to get the side panel to actually go on. I've still got a few cables where I don't want them.

Back