The Conroe Overclock Database. (Please read 1st post for posting instructions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mentok1982 said:
Here is some marketing stuff I pulled from the summary stats.

Asus controls 48% of the motherboard market within our sample.
Gigabyte controls 43% of the motherboard market within our sample.

Corsair controls 30.07% of the memory market within our sample.
G.Skill controls 22.8% of the memory market within our sample.
OCZ controls 16.5% of the memory market within our sample.

Scythe controls 21.6% of the cooler market within our sample.
Zalman controls 12.8% of the cooler market within our sample.
Thermaltake controls 12% of the cooler market within our sample.

Thanks for that mentok1982, it just goes to show that most ppl really do know what the best products for the job are :cool:

User Name: Shekers
Stability: 4h+ Dual 32M SuperPI (Max temp @ 47degree Celcius)

CPU name: E6600
OC: 3798MHz
Stepping: 6 B2
Week: L628
Code: A273
vCore: 1.575v
vMCH: 1.85v
vDIMM: 2.2v

Cooling: Water
Cooler brand/model: Asetek Waterchill

Motherboard: Asus P5W DH DLX
Bios Version: 1407

RAM brand: Mushkin
RAM rated speed: 6400
RAM actual speed: 844
Latency: 4-4-4-10

Screenshot : Dual 32M SuperPI w/ CPU-Z

Validation: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=127060

alpha0ne said:
Thanks for that mentok1982, it just goes to show that most ppl really do know what the best products for the job are :cool:

I sent a link to the post to Red Beard, our resident Corsair rep and he thought it was so neat
that he forwarded it to their "marketing department and the management". Do we have any
other reps on the forum I should send it to? Like Asus or Gigabyte.

hehe, I can get 4ghz bootable, and do 1M SuperPI...but cant do 32M. The CPU is getting too hot even for watercooling. I have to use 1.65v+ to get 4ghz.

Shekers said:
hehe, I can get 4ghz bootable, and do 1M SuperPI...but cant do 32M. The CPU is getting too hot even for watercooling. I have to use 1.65v+ to get 4ghz.
me too , just wouldnt do it I could do uptil 8meg and thats it.

mentok1982 said:
Download linkage.

Here is some marketing stuff I pulled from the summary stats.

Asus controls 48% of the motherboard market within our sample.
Gigabyte controls 43% of the motherboard market within our sample.

Corsair controls 30.07% of the memory market within our sample.
G.Skill controls 22.8% of the memory market within our sample.
OCZ controls 16.5% of the memory market within our sample.

Scythe controls 21.6% of the cooler market within our sample.
Zalman controls 12.8% of the cooler market within our sample.
Thermaltake controls 12% of the cooler market within our sample.

I wonder how much this will change when DFI releases the RD600? I think its gonna be a killer board, but it may be too late to market to capture a lot of the hardcore enthusiasts.

LazyBum said:
I wonder how much this will change when DFI releases the RD600? I think its gonna be a killer board, but it may be too late to market to capture a lot of the hardcore enthusiasts.

Not to late for those will buy the Kentsfield & a dual RD600. If you have the money and the "bug" cost is no concern.

E6300 with a 7900gs

I will submit rest of the information later

CPU name: E6300
OC: 3367mhz
Week: L6
Code:
vCore: 1.475v

Cooling: AIR
Cooler brand/model:Freezer 7 pro Lapped

Motherboard:Gigabyte DS4
Bios Version: F5

RAM brand: Corsair XMS2
RAM actual speed: 964
Latency: 5 5 5 15

Mentok could you Please write Salman in brackets after my name or just write Salman because its my nephews PC which i have made also overclocked .He will be really chuffed to see his name in the leaderboard. Thanks Mentok and have a nice day

This board is kinda weird, and it really sucks being limited to 50% FSB increase, but anyway...how does this look?

Running Orthos Beta now.

Specs:
CPU: Intel E6300 Retail
MB: Intel D975XBX Rev 304 no mods
RAM: OCZ2P8002GK PC2-6400 EL Platinum XTC
PSU: Corsair HX620
Cooling: Scythe Ninja
HD: WD740ADFD

Settings in BIOS:
vCore: Default (can't change)
MCH voltage: 1.650
FSB voltage: 1.333
FSB increase: 50%
RAM speed: 533
RAM voltage: 2.1

oc01hx4.png

superpi1mrx6.png

Hello, Mentok and others,

I d like to share something with you - I used to run my L24 @1.48VC@400x9 no probs. Than I ventured for a higher overclock, upped the VC, MCH V etc
Did something , then wanted to go BACK- and wham - I needed 1.52 VC to run the exact the same overclock e.g. 400x9.

Thereafter I got my paws on one L27, which proved to be worse than my L24/
[email protected] VC -(/ I changed to my old champ and now I am running it @1.48, actually now a little bit more - 1.5VC in BIOS.

CPUID Everest shows actual VC 1.464 . what s the reason for that ?
I ve changed the MB in the meantime / rev 2 P5W DH DL @1.85MCH capable / , but
my "old" overclock overlapped in this new MB as well. Maybe this new ASUS s got a bigger Vdroop, dunno...

Can you start to add the memory model number in the leader board? Saying G.Skill 6400 means nothing when they have five diffrent lines of 6400 ram.

Thanks

BurntToast said:
Can you start to add the memory model number in the leader board? Saying G.Skill 6400 means nothing when they have five diffrent lines of 6400 ram.

Thanks

Sorry that is not gonna happen. Because of the mistakes I made with 3DMark05 list, I
decided to ask the [H]ard|Forum users what information they wanted me to track in the
database (before I even made it) so that I would not have to add more things after I started.

If you really want to know what model # of RAM someone used (or any other details) you can
ask them, or check their signature.

If you want to discuss this further send me a PM please.

Even though they are not that great (Week 24 ! LOL) - I'd like to post my E6600 scores.

in the table - where everyone quotes Vcore - is that as set in bios or what is report (ie after droop) in CPU-Z under-load ?

thanks, Mark.

I think if any of you post further infos, report as much as you can write.

-OP can grab what he needs for the db
-the guy wanted to know ram model will have his answer
-the guy wanted to know what vcore to post could do both and we'd have more info to see (regardless of whether or not it's in the db)
-myself and others could see pics of rigs, temps, how they took them, etc.

So IMO, post it all!!!

Jodiuh said:

-the guy wanted to know what vcore to post could do both and we'd have more info to see (regardless of whether or not it's in the db)

So IMO, post it all!!!
lol , man this stuff has got you all worked up mate

Received my week 28 E6400 a few days ago and put it in a DS3 with 2 x 1G Corsair DDR2 800 sticks, wrapped up in a Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro.

I'm still finding its OC sweet spot, but so far I've had it running @ 3.2GHz stock voltages for a 20hr Orthos run (screenshot taken) and up as high as 3.6GHz @ 1.47V without any major dramas.

I am currently finding out what Vcore it needs to run at 3.4GHz stable (1.38V is looking good), then it's time to play around at 3.6GHz :D

Will report back when I've got some solid results @ 3.4GHz and 3.6GHz.

Jodiuh said:

So IMO, post it all!!!

I have no problem with any of that. Just keep the thread on topic please. I will update soon
guys, I have been doing other fun stuff instead of updating. Sorry. :(

NerdAlert said:
Received my week 28 E6400 a few days ago and put it in a DS3 with 2 x 1G Corsair DDR2 800 sticks, wrapped up in a Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro.

I'm still finding its OC sweet spot, but so far I've had it running @ 3.2GHz stock voltages for a 20hr Orthos run (screenshot taken) and up as high as 3.6GHz @ 1.47V without any major dramas.

I am currently finding out what Vcore it needs to run at 3.4GHz stable (1.38V is looking good), then it's time to play around at 3.6GHz :D

Will report back when I've got some solid results @ 3.4GHz and 3.6GHz.

NerdAlert,
I just ordered a DS3/E6400 combo. I am having a hard time deciding which Corsair ram to get (XMS2 6400C4 or XMS2 6400). You seem to be getting good overclocking results on the same platform, which Corsair ram are you using?

I recently got a DS3, E6300, and Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4 (DDR2-800). I only got it to 2.99 w/ 425 mhz FSB. I left it on memtest for 10 hrs and no error. The MCH and FSB voltage is +0.2v. The Dimm Voltage is +0.2v. The Vcore was at 1.35625. The CPU is L627A598. I try to run the FSB @ 430mhz and it booted and ran memtest for a few seconds then restart. I touch the chipset and it seem like it's very hot...(obviously...lol) So I'm going to let it cool down a bit. I thought I had a crappy PSU, so I just got myself a Seasonic 700W for testing. I believe the CPU and board/bios is my limitation. Any suggestion to pass the 3ghz barrier? Maybe I'll look into getting a different week for the E6300.....Thanks in advance for any help/tips! :D

3.01ghz, stock everything, no case fans, 2x512 kingstom valu ram, and it's undervolted :D
allendaleoverclockzy4.jpg

Just testing to see how low I can get Vcore when running @ 3.0GHz

This ss shows 1.17Vcore under load with 1.225V set in bios that reads as 1.184V actual in bios

Currently testing @ 1.68 reported in bios large FFT's :D

3GHz1.jpg

nooh said:
lol , man this stuff has got you all worked up mate
mentok1982 said:
I have no problem with any of that. Just keep the thread on topic please. I will update soon
guys, I have been doing other fun stuff instead of updating. Sorry. :(

Thanks guys. I find this thread incredibly helpful...especially for comparing "your mobo" to other folks results as temps/vcore will be the same. But then you see huge variance and have to wonder, "Is my epee all that it can be?" To which a later post showing the guy in Antarctica will lay your spirit to rest. :D

It's been more than 2 weeks since reapplying paste and even after priming for a week straight and off/on power cycles...temps STILL seem to be going down. @ 33C doing my daily browsing, emailing, itunesing...etc. Gaming puts it up to 43C Max. (speedfan readings) Now if only I could find a GPU cooler the size of a Ninja for that damn heat brick... :p

do we need to run two instances of Prime 95 or is just one ok? if so, how do i run two of them. everythime i try to start another instance it just shuts down on me and the first one maximizes its self.

Run

prime95 -A1
prime95 -A2
etc

for more copies.

You can add the -A1 to a shortcut or something.

so to test stability we do need to run two instances? so, as in start/run and then navigate to prime 95 directory and then do the prime -a1 or whatever. do i also want to set affinity or whatever..?

Yes, definitely want to run two instances with a dual core CPU. When the quad-cores come up, you'll want to do 4 copies. This ensures that the largest amount of the CPU is tested simultaneously.

Setting the affinity probably doesn't matter. You'll find the CPU usage is at 100% regardless. Increasing the priority of both instances would probably do more to stress the CPU than anything, but that would make the computer less usable.

EnderW said:
This board is kinda weird, and it really sucks being limited to 50% FSB increase, but anyway...how does this look?

Running Orthos Beta now.

Specs:
CPU: Intel E6300 Retail
MB: Intel D975XBX Rev 304 no mods
RAM: OCZ2P8002GK PC2-6400 EL Platinum XTC
PSU: Corsair HX620
Cooling: Scythe Ninja
HD: WD740ADFD

Settings in BIOS:
vCore: Default (can't change)
MCH voltage: 1.650
FSB voltage: 1.333
FSB increase: 50%
RAM speed: 533
RAM voltage: 2.1

Let me know when your OC is stable and I will put it in the database.

nicepun said:
Highest oc, Unstable. Everything remains the same except the BIOS 1407.

4.156Ghz

I round up so you gots 4,157MHz! Congrats on the highest not-stable E6600 OC.

DuffMan72 said:
3.01ghz, stock everything, no case fans, 2x512 kingstom valu ram, and it's undervolted :D
allendaleoverclockzy4.jpg

There is no very much info there. Is the OC stable? What Asus P5B motherboard are using?
What BIOS version are you using? What brand is your RAM?

sweet, thanks for the help. sorry for beeing a complete nub cake, but i still don't understand how to run two instances of prime 95.. sorry dude

II Agent V II said:
sweet, thanks for the help. sorry for beeing a complete nub cake, but i still don't understand how to run two instances of prime 95.. sorry dude

You have to create a 2nd folder and put all the same files in it as the original Prime95 folder, then run each app seperately.

Or just download this: http://www.dblsys.ca/sp2004/beta/beta2.htm
Its just a GUI / front end to run 2 instances of Prime95 for you AND it keeps track of how long its been running, and will alert you with a beep if there's a failure. Both handy little features.

chrisf6969 said:
You have to create a 2nd folder and put all the same files in it as the original Prime95 folder, then run each app seperately.

Its just a GUI / front end to run 2 instances of Prime95 for you AND it keeps track of how long its been running, and will alert you with a beep if there's a failure. Both handy little features.

I don't think that he will not see that link chris. Good job. ;)

chrisf6969 said:

hey, thanks chris, i got Orthos downloaded and have been playing around with my OC and i have a couple of questions. I have a e6700 and the Asus P5w dh deluxe with 1407 bios, 500W antec true power and 2GB Gskill PC-6400 memory all with a Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu. I've had the e6700 as high as 3.7ghz but i can't get it stable without putting a lot of voltage through the motherboard. Anyone know what safe voltage values are for this motherboard for the various settings you can tweak in the "jumper free config" subportion of the BIOS. what's the maximum safe voltage that i can set to my vcore, the FSB, ICH, MCH and keep it that way. I know that you can push it ad-infinitum if you only run it for a short period of time, but i kinda wanna get a max OC and leave it that way without burning shit out.. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated and would allow me to add some supper overclocks to the database.

Shekers said:
User Name: Shekers
Stability: 4h+ Dual 32M SuperPI (Max temp @ 47degree Celcius)

CPU name: E6600
OC: 3798MHz
Week: L628
Code: A273
vCore: 1.575v
vMCH: 1.85v

Cooling: Water
Cooler brand/model: Asetek Waterchill

Motherboard: Asus P5W DH DLX
Bios Version: 1407

RAM brand: Mushkin
RAM actual speed: 844
Latency: 4-4-4-10

Screenshot : Dual 32M SuperPI w/ CPU-Z

Validation: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=127060
Just one thing I dont understand is where is the Orthos 2004 and the 4hrs of it?

Please somebody help with this or dont you need it?

II Agent V II said:
hey, thanks chris, i got Orthos downloaded and have been playing around with my OC and i have a couple of questions. I have a e6700 and the Asus P5w dh deluxe with 1407 bios, 500W antec true power and 2GB Gskill PC-6400 memory all with a Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu. I've had the e6700 as high as 3.7ghz but i can't get it stable without putting a lot of voltage through the motherboard. Anyone know what safe voltage values are for this motherboard for the various settings you can tweak in the "jumper free config" subportion of the BIOS. what's the maximum safe voltage that i can set to my vcore, the FSB, ICH, MCH and keep it that way. I know that you can push it ad-infinitum if you only run it for a short period of time, but i kinda wanna get a max OC and leave it that way without burning shit out.. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated and would allow me to add some supper overclocks to the database.

Depends on how "risky" you are.
I consider 10% the max voltage for air overclocking. Which 1.325 + 10% = 1.45v
But there are plenty of people giving their chips 1.5v+, but who knows whats going to happen to their chips in a few months or a year. The motherboards are pretty hardy and the NB/ MCH/ etc. voltages should be fine people have been overvolting those chips (975, etc) for a while. The unknown is how well the Core2's will hold up. I would think they can take the same voltages as the other 65nm chips, like CedarMill & Presler, some people should have long term results from those. Anyway, there is no set limit. Anything over default is technically "bad". Its all a matter of preference.

Its like speeding over the speed limit. Anything over is technically wrong, but generally you can go 5 Mph over and probably never get busted. So whats "safe" is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back