The Conroe Overclock Database. (Please read 1st post for posting instructions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats it man , he has beaten Sir Aldamon. Brilliant overclock. Well goes without saying.Also he is still looking for bottlenecks , more amazingness.

The power of the core 2 duo continues to amaze us day after day , amazing. There is this one thing that i still havent seen on the leaderboard is the SuperTalant modules. :p

Mr. K6 said:
Wow, great chip you have there Kyle :cool:. What kind of cooling are you using on the NB? Also, you might want to try a newer BIOS, it might help you get more out of the FSB: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109719&highlight=beta .

Yeah, I will try the Beta bios stuff after I am done reviewing the board.

I simply put a small fan on the NB heatsink for now. Want to keep the board stock till review process is done. Thanks for the link.

scientificTHEgreat said:
OH NO YOU DONT, your not going to take my glory:)

This is a battle now Kyle!

Don't make me bust out with the couple of vapor phase coolers I keep below my desk... ;)

scientificTHEgreat said:
lol
Don't make me take off a side panel on my computer case

I'm a poor consultant working in downtown Dallas, I can't afford phase cooling :)

Don't make me turn this thread around and head back... on topic.

OMG. Kyle linked the thread and posted my freaking user name on the front page. Quick
everyone act cool and nonchalant about it! (I think my eyes are gonna 'splode.)

I have Clan night today with my clan so I may not update again till tomorrow.
I was going to update before Clan Night started but I don't see anymore submissions yet.

ANyone else severely disappointed in the E6700 OC scaling? 3.4Ghz only? WHAT THE HELL?!?! Then again, the E6700 is shipping REAL SOON and I reserved mine - should be in Toronto, Canada by the beginning of Aug 21.. Yippee!! That and the E6800 are the only Conroes not widely available.

In the above chart is the exact specs I am getting (Scythe Mine Heatpipe cooler, AC5 ThermalPaste, and Asus P5W DH Mobo) except the memory (I'm getting OCZ PC8000 DL 2gb geek RAM :eek: ). Hope to have my reprots in by the end of August. W()()t!

sparks said:
why is there a cpu wattage column?

idle temp maybe as replacement

When I asked what people wanted they said they wanted to have CPU wattage listed. Intel
may release lower watt Conroes I guess.

Temperatures will not be displayed.

Idle temp means jack anyway, you'd probably want load instead. But you can probably guess what the load temp is based upon the clock and the Vcore :cool:.

Please update when you get a chance.
Thanks!
6.jpg

scientificTHEgreat said:
Please update when you get a chance.
Thanks!
6.jpg

Well let me know the CPU voltage (CPU-Z is often wrong), BIOS version (F4E?) and if you
are still using the Zalman 7000 and I shall update very soon.

EDIT
Also is that still using the G.Skill 5400?

Here's verification for 3150mhz.

http://members.cox.net/dgreen6/C2D_3150_7hrs.JPG

Gigabyte 965P-DS3, F3 Bios
E6300, L625A254, Stock HSF, stock volts set in bios
Corsair XMS2 PC6400, 5-5-5-17, 2x512
MSI 7600GT

Temps are a bit high with the stock cooler (60-62C running as shown in the link above), but stable. I tried 7x475, but needed a small voltage bump to be stable. Temps were way too high at that point, so I didn't try letting it make the 4+hr run.

talon95 said:
Here's verification for 3150mhz.

http://members.cox.net/dgreen6/C2D_3150_7hrs.JPG

Gigabyte 965P-DS3, F3 Bios
E6300, L625A254, Stock HSF, stock volts set in bios
Corsair XMS2 PC6400, 5-5-5-17, 2x512
MSI 7600GT

Temps are a bit high with the stock cooler (60-62C running as shown in the link above), but stable. I tried 7x475, but needed a small voltage bump to be stable. Temps were way too high at that point, so I didn't try letting it make the 4+hr run.

Thanks. I will switch it over to the stable list later today.

Username: kelim

Processor Info: Allendale E6300 @ 2660mhz, stepping 6, week L625, code A705, stock voltage, (how do I find out my processor's wattage?)

Other PC Info: Intel Stock HSF, Gigabyte GA965P-DS3, BIOS F4E, Corsair XMS2 6400C5

For those with the Corsair PC6400 5-5-5-15 RAM, try cranking it. With just +0.2V mine is doing 1000MHz with 5-5-4-12 timings, the RAM is amazing.

Also, the E6300/E6400 are neutered conroes, CPU-Z reads them incorrectly

kelim said:
Username: kelim

Processor Info: Allendale E6300 @ 2660mhz, stepping 6, week L625, code A705, stock voltage, (how do I find out my processor's wattage?)

Don't worry about the wattage. Right now all the E6__ processors are 65 Watt.
What is the "stock voltage" for the CPU though? CPU-Z often reads it incorrectly. Look at your
BIOS and tell me what it says or you can use another program like Motherboard Monitor.

thudo said:
ANyone else severely disappointed in the E6700 OC scaling? 3.4Ghz only? WHAT THE HELL?!?! Then again, the E6700 is shipping REAL SOON and I reserved mine - should be in Toronto, Canada by the beginning of Aug 21.. Yippee!! That and the E6800 are the only Conroes not widely available.

In the above chart is the exact specs I am getting (Scythe Mine Heatpipe cooler, AC5 ThermalPaste, and Asus P5W DH Mobo) except the memory (I'm getting OCZ PC8000 DL 2gb geek RAM :eek: ). Hope to have my reprots in by the end of August. W()()t!

My OC is rather conservative. I'm not using too much voltage, nor do I want to hit the FSB wall @ 350-360 (only way around it is to set RAM to spd, and use 1:1 ratio). I could go higher, but why? I'm happy with 3.4 at the specified voltage, and ram speeds/timings.

Not very many people posting their stuff in this thread :( , but I have found some stuff in other threads.

Ok here's the screenie of mine after running dual prime overnight
E6300OC3.jpg

Memory is at +.3v (2.1v) btw

whrswoldo

what memory are you using?
And since when is overnight = 15 hours. Do you actually sleep that long? You may need to see a Doc. J/K

peleejosh said:
whrswoldo

what memory are you using?
And since when is overnight = 15 hours. Do you actually sleep that long? You may need to see a Doc. J/K

Haha, well I started it, let it run for several hours, then slept. :p

I'm using patriot 2x1gb 667mhz ddr2. For the price this ram is astounding! $117.99-$20 rebate @ the egg .

I just ran Orthos on that ram for 8hrs last night. I don't think I'm gonna push the 63 much higher as I got a 64 for only $10 more on a Fry's deal.

Allendale E6300
3.010 Mhz
6 B2 Step
L625 Week
705 Code
65 cpu watts
1.288 volts
Water-cooled CPU and North Bridge
Koolance V1100
Cosair 6400 5-5-5-12 @645Mhz (cant get it to boot past 645Mhz)
Asus P5W DH Deluex

hi there

Allendale E6400
3,600 Mhz
6 B2 Step
L625 Week
Code: I can't remember, A452 I think
65 cpu watts
1.45 volts
Air cooled with Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120
G.Skill DDRII 6400 HZ @ 900 Mhz
Gigabyte DS4 motherboard
Bios: F3

cpu-z valid: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=112313

12 h 100% prime stable with orthos

jfloyd said:
Allendale E6300
3.010 Mhz
6 B2 Step
L625 Week
705 Code
65 cpu watts
1.288 volts
Water-cooled CPU and North Bridge
Koolance V1100
Cosair 6400 5-5-5-12 @645Mhz (cant get it to boot past 645Mhz)
Asus P5W DH Deluex

If this is a stable overclock let me know. Screenshots of a 4 hour or more benchmark run
would be nice... if it is stable. Also what BIOS version are you using?

celerity said:
hi there

Allendale E6400
3,600 Mhz
6 B2 Step
L625 Week
Code: I can't remember, A452 I think
65 cpu watts
1.45 volts
Air cooled with Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120
G.Skill DDRII 6400 HZ @ 900 Mhz
Gigabyte DS4 motherboard
Bios: F3

cpu-z valid: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=112313

12 h 100% prime stable with orthos

"Hi there"? Come on man you just posted the new highest stable E6400 overclock!
You should be all like "Check me out bitches, I smoked all y'all! What now? What now?"
You are more humble than... um pie.

I am gonna wait a few hours so that jfloyd can get back to me on his stableness, then I
will update to pimp your awesome overclock.

I hate to burst bubble. But the 3.6ghz overclock, I look at CPU-Z and it shows that you have 512MB at slot 1 and 3. So I assume that the system is running on 1 Gig of RAM is that correct?

Here is my set up

E6400 @ 3.3 still priming after 11 hours w/ Scythe Infinity
P5W DH w/ BIOS 0801
Mushkin Redline XP-8000 4-5-4-11

L624
A86
Vcore 1.4

my.php

Sorry took so long. Posted thread yesterday and then went to work.

Bios is 1010. Ran Benchmark for 6 hours, 2 days ago but I didnt save It. I saw your post yesterday and just joined Forum Site. Been running this setting for a week now.

Love the post, keep it up man.

This leaderboard still has something missing i feel and that is the idle and load temps, it gives nmore information on the whole thing.

jfloyd said:
Sorry took so long. Posted thread yesterday and then went to work.

Bios is 1010. Ran Benchmark for 6 hours, 2 days ago but I didnt save It. I saw your post yesterday and just joined Forum Site. Been running this setting for a week now.

Love the post, keep it up man.

I have put your entry in the stable section of the database, but please provide a screenshot of
CPU-Z (or validation link) and a screenshot of a 4 hour benchmark run soon.

nooh said:
This leaderboard still has something missing i feel and that is the idle and load temps, it gives nmore information on the whole thing.

I answered you the last time you asked about this. I said "No."
Temperatures are impossible for us to compare accurately with each other. There are too
many ways to measure temperature and too many variables that affect temperature. You
can send a PM to someone if you want to know their temps. If you ask me about this
again I will become upset.

So I assume you want to see the entire 24 hour of prime for my post mentok1982, before putting me on stable?

Wall7486 said:
So I assume you want to see the entire 24 hour of prime for my post mentok1982, before putting me on stable?

Nooo... You are on the stable list. I am gonna update the database post right now. It will
take maybe 20 minutes, time me, ready get set go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back