The Conroe Overclock Database. (Please read 1st post for posting instructions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mentok1982 said:
What version of the BIOS did you mod? The new F4E? Also are all three of those overclocks stable?
EDIT:
Nevermind I just saw your thread about the F4E version. I still want to know if they are stable though.

Are the RAM timings still 3-5-5-15?
So far it hasn't been stable above 490 FSB and a 7 multiplier.
RAM timings are set manually to 5,5,5 for the first three settings and the rest are auto
I will run some more tests today and then post ss's for verification

Username: scientificthegreat
Cooling Method: Air
Heat Sink: Zalman7000bAlCu
Motherboard: Gigabyte 965P-DS3
Bios: F4e
Ram Brand: G-skill
Ram Speed: 5400
Ram Latency: 5-5-5-18

mentok1982 said:
What version of the BIOS did you mod? The new F4E? Also are all three of those overclocks stable?
EDIT:
Nevermind I just saw your thread about the F4E version. I still want to know if they are stable though.

Are the RAM timings still 3-5-5-15?
Newegg says 5-5-5-12, cpu-z says 3-5-5-18.

Also, it doesn't seem this o/c is stable. While I'm running Prime95 doing a stress test, it gives me: "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4", and stops. Does this means I need to lower my o/c?

soki said:
While I'm running Prime95 doing a stress test, it gives me: "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4", and stops. Does this means I need to lower my o/c?

The one time I got that error, I fixed it by lowering my overclock. Back off a little at a time.

mentok1982 said:
The one time I got that error, I fixed it by lowering my overclock. Back off a little at a time.
Thanks for the info, I'm lowering my o/c, so don't bother posting my 3.5. Gonna tortute test it again.
Also, how do you run 2 Prime95's? When I try to open another one, it opens for a second then closes.

OC

It ran for 30 mins. only but no errors as you can see with both CPUs and memory testing.

soki said:
Thanks for the info, I'm lowering my o/c, so don't bother posting my 3.5. Gonna tortute test it again.
Also, how do you run 2 Prime95's? When I try to open another one, it opens for a second then closes.

You copy the whole Prime95 folder to a different location and run it from there.

scientificTHEgreat said:
OC

It ran for 30 mins. only but no errors as you can see with both CPUs and memory testing.

So can it run the test for at least 4 hours or can you play current games at that speed for
more than 2 hours? Only stable overclocks are going to be allowed in the main list for now
on. There will also be a top 5 for not stable overclocks for each Conroe.

soki said:
I guess this is as good as it gets for me =[ almost 3.2GHz

http://users.rcn.com/hjhj/soki/cpu.gif

same everything as before except Vcore is 1.475v

Same question as above sir.

Here is what I am gonna do from no on for the main database section.

1.All entries must be stable. 4 hours of a stress program using both cores at the same time or
being able to play current games for more than a few hours with no problems.

2.Each user will get up to 3 entries for each setup. An example of a setup would be an
E6600 on a Asus P5W DH motherboard.

3.I will maintain a list for overclocks that are not stable. There will be 5 entries for each CPU
and each user will be allowed 1 entry for each setup. To be "not stable" you should be able
to run Windows and maybe a benchmark such as 3DMark05 or 3DMark06.

4.Colors have been changed from red to green because some people see red as a "bad" color.

I have it that "L624" is kind of the week code, sort of...
but....

What is the difference between "SL958" and "SL959" ???

Andrew

mentok1982 said:
Same question as above sir.
I had Prime95 run for 8 hours, but it was only one instance. I found ORTHOS so I can stress test both cores now. brb in 4 hours =X

e67003-1.jpg

Please remove my unstable entry.

e6700, same stepping as previous
Scythe Mine (replaced the zalman 9500...terrible load temps on that thing)
P5W DH 1101 Bios
1.475v
Gskill PC 2 6400 RAM @ 850mhz, 4-4-4-12.

Disabling virtualization enabled me to get prime stable.

KEY:
Green=official result (all columns filled)
Black and bold=not official result
conroe1au3.png

notstablesn4.png

TheInternet1980 said:
Please remove my unstable entry.

Before I do I would like to ask you why. It deserves to be on the not stable overclock leader
board. I don't have many (4) E6700 results right now as well.

mentok1982 said:
Before I do I would like to ask you why. It deserves to be on the not stable overclock leader
board. I don't have many (4) E6700 results right now as well.

It's a terrible OC for one, but if you'd like to keep it, feel free :)

TheInternet1980 said:
It's a terrible OC for one, but if you'd like to keep it, feel free :)

Understandable. Submit a higher unstable overclock and I will have to replace it. If you can
get into Windows and run CPU-Z and maybe run a benchmark or two at 3.6, post a
screenshot. Should be easy, just don't go too high and break something. :eek:

Here's where I'm at now; I probably won't try to go higher. Gonna run SP2004 later this weekend. Hopefully it's a 24/7 stable overclock cause I'd love to run with it.

E6400 L624A865 @ 3.2GHz, stock voltage (1.325v), Thermalright Ultra-120 cooler, Gigabyte DS3, F4c BIOS, OCZ DDR2 800 4-5-4-15, 32M SPI stable

oc32-32mPI.jpg

Full res pic

EDIT: fixed BIOS ver typo

bassman said:
Here's where I'm at now; I probably won't try to go higher. Gonna run SP2004 later this weekend. Hopefully it's a 24/7 stable overclock cause I'd love to run with it.

E6400 L624A865 @ 3.2GHz, stock voltage (1.325v), Thermalright Ultra-120 cooler, Gigabyte DS3, F3c BIOS, OCZ DDR2 800 4-5-4-15, 32M SPI stable

Full res pic

What BIOS version? F3, F4C, F4E

EDIT:
Sorry I must have missed it.

I'm running BIOS F4c. I put it in the post, but goofed and said it was F3c.

scientificTHEgreat said:
Sorry about that
1.4v for the CPU
930mhz for the RAM

Have you looked at the box for your CPU for the L6##A### code? If you got rid of the box, it
is also printed on the CPU itself.

would it be possible to include ram dividings as well, i find it somewhat significant.

my e6400 and ds3 mobo with 2gb gskill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ at 1:1 ram ratio
hit a wall at roughly 330 fsb (2.64ghz)...after messing with the bios i couldnt get
it up any higher....even with added vcore it would reboot if i tried to go 335 fsb

then i decided to change divider to 4:5 and im currently dual priming it at 370fsb (2.96 ghz)
at default vcore.

-iLLuZioN-B18C1 said:
would it be possible to include ram dividings as well, i find it somewhat significant.

I understand but there are three things:

1. When I put up a poll asking what info people wanted in the database no one said anything
about the RAM divider.
2. I would have to go back and get the divider from everyone and/or calculate it myself.
3. If you want to know the RAM divider you can use the CPU speed and the actual RAM
speed to figure it out.

If you would like to take the time to calculate all the RAM dividers for all the results in the
database you can send them to me and I might add it to the database.

mentok1982 said:
I understand but there are three things:

1. When I put up a poll asking what info people wanted in the database no one said anything
about the RAM divider.
2. I would have to go back and get the divider from everyone and/or calculate it myself.
3. If you want to know the RAM divider you can use the CPU speed and the actual RAM
speed to figure it out.

If you would like to take the time to calculate all the RAM dividers for all the results in the
database you can send them to me and I might add it to the database.

Update is in order? :)

scientificTHEgreat said:
Update is in order? :)

Maybe... I am just too lazy to pull out my calculator.
When I started this database I did not want to have to go back and new data types later on,
that is why I made the poll. The only reason why I might add the divider is because it won't
take up too much space (5:4).

If you guys want to whip out your calcuator be my guest.

mentok1982 said:
Maybe... I am just too lazy to pull out my calculator.
When I started this database I did not want to have to go back and new data types later on,
that is why I made the poll. The only reason why I might add the divider is because it won't
take up too much space (5:4).

If you guys want to whip out your calcuator be my guest.
LOL
I wasn't talking about the dividers, maybe I should have been more clear.

scientificTHEgreat said:
LOL
I wasn't talking about the dividers, maybe I should have been more clear.

I get you now. Kyle is doing some stuff right now so look for an update tonight around 8-9PM Eastern.

Username: iLLuZioN-B18C1
Processor: E6400
Speed: 2920 MHz
Step: 6
Week: Unsure (Threw away box already)
Code: Unsure
Revision: B2
CPU Volts: Default (I think its 1.325)
Cooling Method: Air
Heat Sink: Air - Scythe SCNJ-1000P
Motherboard: Gigabyte 965P-DS3
Bios: F4C
Ram Brand: GSkill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
Ram Speed: 6400
Ram Mhz: 912 MHz with Divider @ 4:5
Ram Latency: 4-4-4-12

Overclock.jpg

bassman said:
E6400 L624A865 @ 3.2GHz, stock voltage (1.325v), Thermalright Ultra-120 cooler, Gigabyte DS3, F4c BIOS, OCZ DDR2 800 4-5-4-15, 32M SPI stable

I just finished a 4 hour ORTHOS run. No problems. Add me to the stable database.

Screenshot

KEY:
Green=official result (all columns filled)
Black and bold=not official result
conroe1bl9.png

Results that have not been proven to be stable list.
notstablexg6.png

Damn I forgot to post in mentok's latest database :p

New server:

E6400 @ 3.2GHz (400x8) - Stepping 6 B2 :)() - Week L624 - Code A849 - 65 Watts - 1.4V - Aircooled by XP-90 lapped to 2500 grit + Panaflow 92mm LB1

Mobo - Gigabyte 965P-DS3, BIOS F4C

RAM - 2x512MB Corsair - 6400 @ 1000MHz (2.5 multi) 5-5-4-12, 2.0V

The Vcore is high, but I need it to be stable. I dont want to stop F@H to prime it, so how do you want me to include a stability shot?

Also, mentok, maybe you should include in the first post how to run dual prime 95 via the -A1 and A2 tags on the shortcuts :cool:

i'm having trouble trying to find where to buy team group ram. any one have any direct links to buy sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back