The Conroe Overclock Database. (Please read 1st post for posting instructions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to my post and numbers - my week/code is L625A452. I didn't realize that info was handily printed on the box! :D

mentok1982 said:
Please read the first post of this thread. You are missing:
CPU voltage
Cooling method
Cooling brand and model
BIOS version
Memory timings
Sorry about that, my overclock is so puny I thought it wouldn't be worth adding to the database. But here's the info anyway:

CPU Voltage: 1.425v
Cooling Method: Air (Scythe Ninja Plus)
BIOS Version: F4c (on a GA-965P-DS3)
Memory timings: I have Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 - that site says it's 5-5-5-15, CPU-Z reports 3-5-5-15? Also, it's PC6400 and 800MHz.

Wattage should be 65, I didn't change that.

I don't know if C2D is so new that software can't read it correctly or something, but some of CPU-Z's readings I know are off. Under clock speed, the multiplier randomly fluctuates between 6 (6x333 = 2GHz) and 9 (9x333 = 3GHz). Windows and motherboard monitor both see 3GHz. Also, it sees my mobo's bios as F2 (which is what the BIOS was when I first got it), even though the timestamp says 08/02/06 - the release date of F4c.

I tried to up the fsb more and up the voltages a tiny bit, but weird things start to happen, I even had to clear CMOS once because it wouldn't boot anymore. I think I'm gonna wait a couple weeks before trying to overclock more and hopefully in that time, Gigabyte will release a good, stable BIOS update.

cpu.gif

The voltage is also off according to CPU-Z :confused:

Edit: Also, I bought my CPU OEM from my local Micro Center, if that matters.

TheInternet1980
Processor Info:
e6700, 3304mhz, B2 stepping, Week L623, Code A549, voltage 1.4125, Wattage 65

Other PC Info:
Zalman 9500, ASUS P5W-DH, Bios 0903, GSkill PC6400 ZX 4-4-4-12, running @ 826mhz effective (4:5 divider)

ccpuz.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=110569

Trying to get more out of it...but having some issues. Perhaps the TIM needs to cure. :confused: I'm letting it prime overnight.

screenshot025cu8.jpg

Dual SP32M with stock HSF and 1.6Vcore. Boot up @ 437FSB
DFI Infinity 975X/G with bios 0707. Memory @400...

screenshot105nv8.jpg

centvalny said:
screenshot025cu8.jpg

Dual SP32M with stock HSF and 1.6Vcore. Boot up @ 437FSB
DFI Infinity 975X/G with bios 0707. Memory @400...

screenshot105nv8.jpg

The processor on the left in that pic (L617A851) is that your X6800? EDIT:Yeah it looks
like it, it matches the earlier pic you posted with the code covered.
Did you use your Corsair 6400 RAM for that overclock?
You said your memory is at 400 but CPU Z said it is at 328.4.

Rare1
e6400
Stepping 6, Week 23
L623A832
1.4 Vcore
Scythe Ninja
Gigabyte DS3 (F4C Bios)
OCZ platinum el 6400 @ 750Mhz, 4-5-4-15

wordya2.jpg

heh.. i've been gone for over a week and no one has taken my spot with an e6600?

Hmm, my E6600 is the only B2 stepping on the list.. are the B1's ES's or something? Seems they overclock easier too >_<

WesM63 said:
heh.. i've been gone for over a week and no one has taken my spot with an e6600?

How do you figure? I see 3 stable OC's that are better than yours, one of which is on air.

E6600 65W, Retail Step 6 B2, L623 A790

ASUS P5W-DH bios 0903, Air cooler Tuniq 120, G.Skill HZ 6400 4-4-4-12 800

3.6GHz @ 1.55v primed.

3.7GHz @ 1.55v 1M Pi and windows stable.

FORNOWAGAIN said:
E6600 65W, Retail Step 6 B2, L623 A790

ASUS P5W-DH bios 0903, Air cooler Tuniq 120, G.Skill HZ 6400 4-4-4-12 800

3.6GHz @ 1.55v primed.

3.7GHz @ 1.55v 1M Pi and windows stable.

I am going to assume that the memory timings for the 3.7GHz overclock are also 4-4-4-12.
Let me know if that is incorrect.

Look for an update either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

mentok1982 said:
I am going to assume that the memory timings for the 3.7GHz overclock are also 4-4-4-12.
Let me know if that is incorrect.

Look for an update either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Yes all the same settings, many thanks.

DarkSi said:
How do you figure? I see 3 stable OC's that are better than yours, one of which is on air.

The guys that are higher from me are not from [H]ardocp, the OP populated the chart to show us what it would look like. If you read the thread he thanked me for beign the first person to post results.

Eva is from XS, and his results where pulled from XS.

btw, I sure hope guys have higher clocks than me, i'm using a crappy $10 HSF. Currently awating a T-120 soon as it gets here i'll show you guys 4ghz on air.

WesM63 said:
The guys that are higher from me are not from [H]ardocp

Yes they are. All the results in the database are from people with [H]ard|Forums user
names. The results for eva2000 and OverclockingGuru came from both these forums and the
Xtreme System forums. I will not discriminate against results based on where they are
posted as long as they are posted by a [H]ard|Forum member.

On a related note I scan through several [H]ard|Forum sections looking for Conroe overclock
data and/or people who have a Conroe.

mentok1982 said:
Yes they are. All the results in the database are from people with [H]ard|Forums user
names. The results for eva2000 and OverclockingGuru came from both these forums and the
Xtreme System forums. I will not discriminate against results based on where they are
posted as long as they are posted by a [H]ard|Forum member.

On a related note I scan through several [H]ard|Forum sections looking for Conroe overclock
data and/or people who have a Conroe.

Well what i said is still holds true, for the most part at least. Basically no one has posted a higher overclock with a e6600 than me here.

Username: scandigity
MHz: 3150
Stepping: 6
Revision: B2
Week: L625
Code: A705
CPU Watts: 65
CPU Volts: 1.31
Cooling Method: Air
Heat Sink: Scythe SCNJ-1000P
Motherboard: Gigabyte 965P-DS3
Bios: F4a
Ram Brand: Team Xtreme
Ram Speed: 5300
Ram Mhz: 900
Ram Latency: 3-7-7-20

my.php

I guess my setup is pretty much identical to aldamon's computer, but this is incredibly stable, I absolutely love this setup.

centvalny said:
Update with 6400 @1.6Vcore, still with stock HSF..

Would you mind sharing you Bios settings, advanced and other voltages.

Thanks! :D

There will be no more updates today guys. I am going to a friend's house for some Dead
Rising awesomeness.

KEY:
Red=official result (all columns filled)
Bold=stable overclock
Red and bold=official result that is a stable overclock
Regular=unofficial and not proven to be stable
conroe1gs7.png

Mentok , i have sent you a pm regarding the new changes and the overclocks, i could have gone higher but it was idle at 40c and load at 44c which stopped me and i think its enough, also after that i have to loosen the timings and the gains in performance is less so there is no point, its optimum at 2760mhz.

Username: Devious
Cpu : E6600
MHz: 4129
Stepping: 5
Revision: B1
Week: Rather not say.
Code: Rather not say.
CPU Volts: 1.55
Cooling Method: Water
Heat Sink: Swiftech Apex - Apogee block
Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Bios: 0903
Ram Mhz: 688
Ram Latency: 4-4-4-8

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=111061

Also, Duel Prime stable @ 3.942 Ghz

As above but

Bios 0801
Ram Mhz: 657

Devious said:
Also, Duel Prime stable @ 3.942 Ghz

As above but

Bios 0801
Ram Mhz: 657

It looks like the voltage was at 1.49 instead of 1.55, correct? I have assumed that the memory
timings are the same.

mentok1982 said:
It looks like the voltage was at 1.49 instead of 1.55, correct? I have assumed that the memory
timings are the same.

It was set at 1.55v in bios, Asus probe always shows .02/4 less and decreases more when under full load due to Vdroop. Timings are they same 4-4-4-8.

Username: lopri
MHz: 3600
Stepping: 6
Revision: B2
Week: L625
Code: A209
CPU Volts: 1.575V
Cooling Method: Air
Heat Sink: Thermalright Ultra-120
Motherboard: ASUS P5W-DH
Bios: 0801
Ram Mhz: 800
Ram Latency: 3-3-3-7

Devious said:
It was set at 1.55v in bios, Asus probe always shows .02/4 less and decreases more when under full load due to Vdroop. Timings are they same 4-4-4-8.

I went looking at your other posts to see if I could find out your secret Week and Code
and found that you don't have any other posts! :eek:

Welcome to the forum! Did you join just to post your Conroe stuff? If so, I am flattered sir.

Devious and Iopri, thank you very much for the clear and complete submissions.

Look for an update this afternoon around noon Eastern time, I want to see if I get more
submissions this morning.

scandigity said:
I guess my setup is pretty much identical to aldamon's computer, but this is incredibly stable, I absolutely love this setup.

I know it is spooky. I actually checked to make sure that you are two seperate people and
not just one person with two user names.

mentok1982 said:
I know it is spooky. I actually checked to make sure that you are two seperate people and
not just one person with two user names.

Hey, he has a Ninja so we're not clones :p

Finally another DS3/retail E6600! Brahmzy, what mobo BIOS are you using?

Mentok, good effort & all, but way too many results from each user. I think we only need one result from each user.

Don't you think it would be better with just the highest stable single overclock with that configuration for each user.

If they change the motherboard, cooling or other components, show that as a seperate result, but not each FSB, that they test.
B/c in a few weeks/months, if you keep up letting people submit a million results each, it will become crazy to manage!
Its already hard to read for good results.

soki said:
Finally another DS3/retail E6600! Brahmzy, what mobo BIOS are you using?

Thats what I have on the way. My 6600 will be here tomorrow :) :cool: , & my DS3 next week :(

Excellent Stuff i will post my results by saturday. I already got my MSI 975X Delivered today. E6300 will be here tommorrow, then Boom Boom :D

cpu.gif

Changes from old o/c:
1.6 vcore (cpu-z lies again)..
new F4e BIOS for the DS3

Going to run 2 Prime95's overnight to see if it holds up (3.6GHz was unstable in Windows).

scientificTHEgreat said:
This is on air btw... only modified BIOS with+3 on FSB, +3 on vdimm and CPU to 1.35v
What version of the BIOS did you mod? The new F4E? Also are all three of those overclocks stable?
EDIT:
Nevermind I just saw your thread about the F4E version. I still want to know if they are stable though.

soki said:
Changes from old o/c:
1.6 vcore (cpu-z lies again)..
new F4e BIOS for the DS3

Going to run 2 Prime95's overnight to see if it holds up (3.6GHz was unstable in Windows).

Are the RAM timings still 3-5-5-15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back