The Conroe Overclock Database. (Please read 1st post for posting instructions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea sorry about that.

I'm using the DS3.
I'm currently pushing it higher as we speak. I'm up to 410 fsb now. Ill get back to you when I get my highest stable result.

GA-965P-DS3 w/ F3 BIOS
E6300 (6 B2)
Enermax 430 W
Big Typhoon
Corsair XMS2 PC-6400 4-4-4-12

gepetto said:
yea sorry about that.

I'm using the DS3.
I'm currently pushing it higher as we speak. I'm up to 410 fsb now. Ill get back to you when I get my highest stable result.

GA-965P-DS3 w/ F3 BIOS
E6300 (6 B2)
Enermax 430 W
Big Typhoon
Corsair XMS2 PC-6400 4-4-4-12

Thank you. Does this mean that 2,800MHz is stable?

mentok1982 said:
Woops my bad. I am at work and I had to use IE to see your pic for some reason so I was
switching between browsers. It helps if you say it is stable, then I will look for the proof in the
pic. Sorry. I will change it now.

That is a very impressive stable overclock btw. Is there a fan mounted on your Scythe?

Yeah, I swapped out the fan on the Mine. It came with an almost inaudible 100mm fan and I changed it to a 120mm fan. I attached a Fan Mate 2 to slow the new fan down to 1650 RPM.

Anyway, here is my CPU's code:

L625 A705

You can make mine red and bold now.

Jodiuh said:
Temps?! El database could use that info por favoro!!

Nobody asked for temps when I had the poll asking people what info should be included.
Temps measured by different people using different programs with their PCs in rooms of
varying temperatures would not be very comparable or accurate.

Here is my current OC on my 6400 (specs in sig). I had it a lot higher (around 3.3ghz) but froze after about 4-5hours. Dropped it back down to play some games and stuff.

64oc1.gif

zidion said:
Here is my current OC on my 6400 (specs in sig). I had it a lot higher (around 3.3ghz) but froze after about 4-5hours. Dropped it back down to play some games and stuff.

64oc1.gif

Can I get your memory timings, CPU voltage and maybe the CPU Week and Code please?
Post 1 will tell you which code it is on your chip. I am entering this as a stable OC since you
can play games with it.

aldamon said:
Yeah, I swapped out the fan on the Mine. It came with an almost inaudible 100mm fan and I changed it to a 120mm fan. I attached a Fan Mate 2 to slow the new fan down to 1650 RPM.

Anyway, here is my CPU's code:

L625 A705

You can make mine red and bold now.

Again, here you go mentok1982. This last bit of info should get me red on the chart.

aldamon said:
Again, here you go mentok1982. This last bit of info should get me red on the chart.

I don't see it. Oh god I am blind! The only reason I can type this is because I have mad
typing skills.:p

I am going to update the database later tonight. You will see the change then.

mentok1982 said:
Can I get your memory timings, CPU voltage and maybe the CPU Week and Code please?
Post 1 will tell you which code it is on your chip. I am entering this as a stable OC since you
can play games with it.

memory timing: 4-4-4-12
cpu volt-set to auto in bios (looks like 1.3 according AiBooster)
cpu code-:L624A768

Here's another update for mine. Broke 3 ghz and running stable. I still think I can push it a lot more; I'll chime in with another update soon.

my.php

I am gunna go ahead and stick my nose out here... the fact that you have multiple results per person probbaly isnt a good idea. The thought of being able to see voltage scaling and such is nice. However the problem lies in the fact that this database is going to get way to damn big, and way to hard to get anything useful out of. It seems fine now... but when everybody and their brother has a conroe, and that thing is 5,000 entries long, things will get messy.

Viper87227 said:
However the problem lies in the fact that this database is going to get way to damn big, and way to hard to get anything useful out of. It seems fine now... but when everybody and their brother has a conroe, and that thing is 5,000 entries long, things will get messy.

That is where downloading comes in. Later on I will probably display the top 25 for each CPU
and have a link to download the enitre document. If I need to and you guys agree with me I
can get rid of the incomplete (unofficial/not red) entries. Right now there are only 12 red
(official) entries total and there are 0 for the E6600.

How does that sound? Basically, I am flexible and so is the database.

Ok this is my first attempt at OCing, its not that impressive but since you want mutiple results i figured WTH.

Jboy001
Processor Info:
e6400, 2563mhz, B2 stepping, Week L624, Code A849, voltage 1.35, Wattage 65 (i think, i didnt change anything regarding watts)
Other PC Info:
Scythe Ninja, ASUS P5W-DH, Bios 0801, Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400C4, rated 6400, actual speed 800, latency 5-6-6-18 (yea i know)

8x320_2563mhz.jpg

I'm currently running an old 480watt psu with a 20 pin ATX connector instead of the 24pin on the board, I don't want to stress it too bad.
I tried 350fsb with vcore of 1.5 but the vcore kept dropping to 1.0 when in windows.
Tuesday I will have a 600 watt psu, so I will attempt more then.

mentok1982 said:
Nobody asked for temps when I had the poll asking people what info should be included.
Temps measured by different people using different programs with their PCs in rooms of
varying temperatures would not be very comparable or accurate.

If we knew the board and bios it could work. At least to give us an idea. Eoither way, appreciate what you';re doing here. :)

mentok1982 said:
That is where downloading comes in. Later on I will probably display the top 25 for each CPU
and have a link to download the enitre document. If I need to and you guys agree with me I
can get rid of the incomplete (unofficial/not red) entries. Right now there are only 12 red
(official) entries total and there are 0 for the E6600.

How does that sound? Basically, I am flexible and so is the database.

Downloading certainly sounds better. You could have a database in the thread that just shows everyones top results, and then a downloadable searchable database that can show everything. Makes it easier to find what you need quick in the thread, of get detailed information if you require it.

pushed it up because I'm impatient and adjusted some things :D :D

Jboy001
Processor Info:
e6400, 2803mhz, B2 stepping, Week L624, Code A849, voltage 1.35, Wattage 65 (i think, i didnt change anything regarding watts)
Other PC Info:
Scythe Ninja, ASUS P5W-DH, Bios 0801, Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400C4, rated 6400, actual speed 876, latency 4-4-4-12

8x350_2803mhz.jpg

KEY:
Red=official result (all columns filled)
Bold=stable overclock
Red and bold=official result that is a stable overclock
Regular=unofficial and not proven to be stable
conroe1sh3.png

Conroe E6400 results -

32M SuperPi stable, 14+ hour Prime stable

Zalman CNPS9500LED cooler
Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP, 0402 BIOS
1GB Kit - OCZ Platinum XTC DDR2-800
Thermaltake Toughpower 600w

CPU @ 2.96 (370x8), 1.4125v - will boot and run @ stock volts, but doesn't prime.
Ram @ 925, 4-4-4-13 (SPD @ 800 is 4-4-4-15), 2.3v (Max for EVP)

I seem to have hit a wall, Not sure if it's the board, processor or what. I can go a little over 370, but at 375 the thing just runs like crap, no matter the voltage, etc. Cooling isn't that great, just the 2-120mm fans the case came with, which is definitely hurting my temps.

Oh well - screen time.

Primage2adjusted.jpg

edit: Adjusted pic size.

Hmmm.... curious. Look at my voltage in CPU-Z. It reads that no matter what. I figured it was a 'conroe is new' issue, but everyone else is showing true volts in there. Think it's a p965 issue?

Dropped volts to 3.25, btw. Priming tonight. :)

DarkSi said:
Hmmm.... curious. Look at my voltage in CPU-Z. It reads that no matter what. I figured it was a 'conroe is new' issue, but everyone else is showing true volts in there. Think it's a p965 issue?

Dropped volts to 3.25, btw. Priming tonight. :)

Your info is entered and will posted tomorrow in the afternoon. I just got done playing with
my clan and I am sleepy.

I think this is as far as i can get, i was at 400fsb but super pi and orthos gave errors

Jboy001
Processor Info:
e6400, 3163mhz, B2 stepping, Week L624, Code A849, voltage 1.5, Wattage 65 (i think, i didnt change anything regarding watts)
Other PC Info:
Scythe Ninja, ASUS P5W-DH, Bios 0801, Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400C4, rated 6400, actual speed 790, latency 4-4-4-12

8x395_3163mhz.jpg

also noticed cpu-z is displaying 1.2 volts while asus pc probe shows 1.48 hmmmm...

E6300 / 2.558GHz / L625A705 / 1.35v / Hyper 48 / P5W DH / 0901 / Crappy ZX G.Skill 1:1 365 MHz 4-4-4-12

I'm too lazy to do a prime95 shot. It's stable. :p

My mobo may have a problem with the 1333 strap, hence the wall at 370 MHz FSB. The RAM is going bad too. I had it at 4:5 5-5-5-15 but it started giving errors. :mad:

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=110192

The bios is 901 and i have got my new cpu , the E6600 , also got some mad ram which is on its way . But i need advice on a good board that can take the 7950 XXX. I saw two asus ones and they looked really nice and look the job but when i looked closely i was in doubt whether they would be able to use the 7950.

The other thing i saw was that the 7950 is i belive going to start a trend and there will be more nad more gpus sandwiched together , one reason is because it will become to expensive too soon for the companies to drop the die sizes to say 65nm and when they get to 65nm to say drop to 50nm .

That said all this will happen say in the next three years and the people who buy the boards now are not seeing any support for the sandwiched cards . When will i see this happen , i have a 7950xxx at home sitting in a box and have no idea whether i will be able to put it in a a mobo that will take it. :(

nooh said:
The bios is 901 and i have got my new cpu , the E6600 , also got some mad ram which is on its way . But i need advice on a good board that can take the 7950 XXX. I saw two asus ones and they looked really nice and look the job but when i looked closely i was in doubt whether they would be able to use the 7950.

The other thing i saw was that the 7950 is i belive going to start a trend and there will be more nad more gpus sandwiched together , one reason is because it will become to expensive too soon for the companies to drop the die sizes to say 65nm and when they get to 65nm to say drop to 50nm .

That said all this will happen say in the next three years and the people who buy the boards now are not seeing any support for the sandwiched cards . When will i see this happen , i have a 7950xxx at home sitting in a box and have no idea whether i will be able to put it in a a mobo that will take it. :(

Most of the boards out there will take it. Alot of the 965 boards have issues, but they're quickly being resolved.

I know there's a beta BIOS out there for the P5B (0502) that is specifically to enable 7950 support.

Good luck!

I just bought a OEM 6700 and don't have the mobo or ram yet. I don't know much about steppings. Can someone please tell me what my stepping is, and if it will be a good or bad overclocker, or is it just luck?

My code on the chip is L624A571

Thank you for explaining what stepping this is and what it means to me.

cerootdoc said:
I just bought a OEM 6700 and don't have the mobo or ram yet. I don't know much about steppings. Can someone please tell me what my stepping is, and if it will be a good or bad overclocker, or is it just luck?

My code on the chip is L624A571

Thank you for explaining what stepping this is and what it means to me.

Your stepping is probably 6 aka B2 which is the retail stepping. I don't know what stepping
means I just keep track of it. Look around for what it means or ask someone here.

I just got an E6600 and I'd love to help, but I'm a newb ;[

INTEL '85
INTEL CORE 2 DUO
6600 SL958 MALAY
2.40GHz / 4M / 1066 / 06
L625A209

I lowered the multiplier to 8 (was 9 default) and boosted the fsb to 350, so I'm @ 2.8GHz.. when I tried to raise the fsb higher, my computer kept restarting.

soki said:

INTEL '85
INTEL CORE 2 DUO
6600 SL958 MALAY
2.40GHz / 4M / 1066 / 06
L625A209

I lowered the multiplier to 8 (was 9 default) and boosted the fsb to 350, so I'm @ 2.8GHz.. when I tried to raise the fsb higher, my computer kept restarting.

Why did you lower the multi?

Viper87227 said:
Why did you lower the multi?
Not really sure.. I read the OC'ing FAQ in the OC'ing forum and was just fooling around. I'll try to keep the multiplier at 9, and rise the vcore and fsb a bit to see what I can get.

soki said:
Not really sure.. I read the OC'ing FAQ in the OC'ing forum and was just fooling around. I'll try to keep the multiplier at 9, and rise the vcore and fsb a bit to see what I can get.
Dude the combination you have will get you to 3.7ghz on average .As you can see on the database there are quite a few people with your board , check with them and get it all sorted and checked if your doing things right with them.

PM them , most of them will pm you back. You decrease the multiplier to underclock the cpu also intel uses as speedstep and it has to be perfectly stable and your bios should be able to support it.

soki said:

INTEL '85
INTEL CORE 2 DUO
6600 SL958 MALAY
2.40GHz / 4M / 1066 / 06
L625A209

Please read the first post of this thread. You are missing:
CPU voltage
Cooling method
Cooling brand and model
BIOS version
Memory timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back