The Altcoin Thread

I gave up on Middlecoin yesterday i've still got about half a bitcoin stuck in unexchanged, moved my farm over to Wafflepool to see how that goes, looking good so far.

The issues are rarely with the pool(s), moreso the exchanges they use......like Craptsy.

I gave up on Middlecoin yesterday i've still got about half a bitcoin stuck in unexchanged, moved my farm over to Wafflepool to see how that goes, looking good so far.

Keep in mind that "unexchanged" is purely an estimate. And in middlecoin's case, it's absolutely inaccurate. For example, explain me this:

http://www.middlecoin.com/reports/1EhwRzYzgBqeTUf4vWSiTWJud6DYJH4NJx.html

It should probably read "TO THE MOON!!!"

I guarantee that in current market conditions with 1.3MH/s there is absolutely no way I spiked 0.03 BTC of unexchanged out of nowhere. Also, why did my unexchanged drop drastically and my balance not go up by any appreciable amount at the same time like it usually does when there's usually such an action? Yeah - because middlecoin's stats are horribly broken these days.

Got my daily limit, all 1 of them. Thanks!

These things are $150+ on Ebay.

They are also $200+ from amazon directly.

In fact if anyone can take a moment to do the "seen a better price" on amazon's page, I would appreciate that since I have too much amazon credit.

Oh weird, it is no longer available from amazon as a seller on amazon, so nevermind.

It was there yesterday.

Are they really selling out @ $200? That is insane.

Europe gets the 1155 version of that motherboard, but they do not seem to sell it in the USA, only the 1150

OH, you can get around the 1 per day limit from newegg by also ordering from them via ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASRock-H81-...Gb-s-USB-3-0-ATX-Intel-Motherbo-/291088117771

But no free shipping with shoprunner, so might not be worth it.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Heads-up, newegg just got the 6 slot asrock BTC motherboard back in stock:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157471

Will go out of stock ASAP at that price, if you want, do not hesitate!

Also, for those that have been waiting on me, the usb risers are available to ship tomorrow.

See the FS thread for new pics/price.

Thanks! Got one from their site and then another from my ebay account to my parent's cabin.

Well, I'm finally getting back into mining, sort of anyway. I'd been getting pretty caught up in it but then in January one of my cards died (I believe that I probably damaged it physically, and it didn't die from mining) which set me back for a while. Plus I had put all of my LTC into FLO which then took a dump which left me feeling down. Apparently I had placed a nothing to lose sell order because a few days ago when I signed into cryptsy I discovered that I had sold all of my FLO for a profit. I guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time because I then reinvested everything back into FLO, which promptly dropped again, lol. I guess I got lucky a second time because today FLO jumped up just high enough for me to sell them all again.

I'm not sure if I should even say that I'm mining anymore because my gains from mining coins are almost nothing compared with what I've made trading.

Anyway, I've finally got my two 7850s going again but I'm fairly out of the loop on what is hot these days. Coinchoose shows that most altcoins are barely more profitable than straight up LTC.
Anything in particular that I should look into?

I simply do not understand how mtgox screwing up can take the entire bitcoin world down with them (and therefore all altcoin values).

All other btc exchanges are open right? Why is mtgox an authority of any kind?

I simply do not understand how mtgox screwing up can take the entire bitcoin world down with them (and therefore all altcoin values).

All other btc exchanges are open right? Why is mtgox an authority of any kind?

I think it was because they were the first large scale exchange and because of the sheer enormity of the amounts some people held there due to them being the first that is the source of their power over the whole market.

I think it was because they were the first large scale exchange and because of the sheer enormity of the amounts some people held there due to them being the first that is the source of their power over the whole market.

This is exactly it. They were the "go to" for BTC pricing. When most people quoted BTC, they were quoting Gox pricing. Funny how things all wound up.

well mtgox users/fans better find answers elsewhere, this just leaked

http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

anyone with btc in there is pretty much screwed

3wVP0Ti.png

Last edited:
Maybe just maybe we should be skipping the auto-convert-to-btc pools and work on litecoin.

mtgox is going to take btc down the drain with themselves if that document is even half true

Maybe just maybe we should be skipping the auto-convert-to-btc pools and work on litecoin.

mtgox is going to take btc down the drain with themselves if that document is even half true

It will drag alts down too since they all tie to BTC's pricing.

That doesn't mean that you can't just hold the BTC in your own wallet until it recovers to a point of your liking. Hell, deposit it on mcxNow or Vircurex and earn interest on your BTC while you wait.

It's not like LTC isn't feeling any of this either. It still seems quite tied to BTC's coattails as it follows it downward.

Well look on bright side... difficulty should be dropping on pretty much everything soon! I might even go back to mining LTC again at some point.

Well look on bright side... difficulty should be dropping on pretty much everything soon! I might even go back to mining LTC again at some point.

true

having way more hardware and resource is great for a period like this

where is the best place to buy? Thinking about buying a few bitcoins while its low

I see coin.mx flying under the radar, might be worth a look-see since they have to obey US laws as money changer, so more strict regulation.

Someone made a $450 btc purchase there today apparently. If it ever goes back to $1000, they are set.

Looks like vircurex also has it at $445 while it lasts

https://bitcoinaverage.com/markets.htm#USD

Doge doesn't, actually...

lol, it's PRICED in BTC. Just because it isn't falling as much doesn't mean that it isn't tied to it. How can something not when it's bid/ask prices are in fractions of BTC?

lol, it's PRICED in BTC. Just because it isn't falling as much doesn't mean that it isn't tied to it. How can something not when it's bid/ask prices are in fractions of BTC?
It's sold in BTC BUT there is also a market that allows direct USD->DOGE trade...

Can you make serious cash mining? Not really. Can you pay out a few cards and have some fun? Sure.

Can you make serious cash mining? Not really. Can you pay out a few cards and have some fun? Sure.

You have no clue what you are talking about. I laugh hysterically at people like you.

Here is my December 2013 haul going manual with ~15mhs on new altcoins coming out:
k482mb.jpg

I'd definitely say you can make serious cash mining however, it's all relative to the size of your farm and your luck in the event you catch an altcoin early enough, mine a ton, and then sell it as it spikes when listed on one of the exchanges.

I'd definitely say you can make serious cash mining however, it's all relative to the size of your farm and your luck in the event you catch an altcoin early enough, mine a ton, and then sell it as it spikes when listed on one of the exchanges.

^^ Exactly spot on. As it were, December coins which i did well on were RPC, Cat, Doge, and Velocity.

Yep, i got lucky with doge and made a pretty penny. Still have alot left too(1.7million)

You have no clue what you are talking about. I laugh hysterically at people like you.

Here is my December 2013 haul going manual with ~15mhs on new altcoins coming out:

This is much more the exception than the rule though. December was a crazy month and 15 Mh/s is a decent-sized upfront investment.

Both. I have around 50% hash rate in p2p and 50% in one of the bigger pools (crypto-coinz).

I am using bc.scryptominers.com and I just found a block myself actually, never had the happen on anything else. Not that it really matters.

I get insanely low rejects from them though never seen such low reject numbers.

.2%
0%
.18%
0.5%

That's one way of doing it. But any current coin provides at least some profitability to it. So, even if you decide to mine DOGE or LTC which we aren't seeing at the top of the profitability charts lately will provide at least some profit. And it could be considered serious cash depending on the size of your farm, and what price it is when you sell.

td,dr: My point is that profit, even serious profit, doesn't have to come ONLY from mining new coins as they get added to exchanges.

Back