The Altcoin Thread

Yeah and Christian is just getting started on CUDAMiner for Maxwell. He's gettings some test samples in now. He'll probably bring those numbers higher... He's been a beast with CUDA. Nvidia GPUs are good miners.

Looks like wafflepool is going to start doing per-worker stats. I like that. They're also on track for .012 per MH today :)

Middlecoin tweeted yesterday that he thinks he fixed the issue, but so far it's still doing horrible.

I got 50 maxcoins, time to move to waffle.
Question: does anyone know why d=32 doesn't work? It keeps forcing 512 on me.

I got 50 maxcoins, time to move to waffle.
Question: does anyone know why d=32 doesn't work? It keeps forcing 512 on me.

I believe the pool is forcing a difficulty of 512 temporarily because of performance issues. This seems to happen to all pools when they make the big time.

I believe the pool is forcing a difficulty of 512 temporarily because of performance issues. This seems to happen to all pools when they make the big time.

vardiff just has too much overhead for big pools

Clevermining is another promising multipool. They just recently got their rejected share issue solved.

Really liking the transparency of their front-end. Tons of stats.

Uh, if I'm not mistaken, Waffle sends their payments around 3am PST. Of course though, I was only on there for a couple days, but when I did notice a payout it was at around that time.

Yeah most of my payments have been 7:30-10:30am EST on waffle. I'm being patient with them, I mean, they went from 1gh to 13 in just a couple days. I'm sure they weren't anticipating that. So far they've handled it pretty well, just this one hiccup is not going to scare me away.

Waffle is up to 13gh, nearly as much as middlecoin now (no idea why the hell anyone is still there, around .005 per MH for a week straight there...owner tweeted it was fixed 2 days ago yet it's still sucking).

Yeah most of my payments have been 7:30-10:30am EST on waffle. I'm being patient with them, I mean, they went from 1gh to 13 in just a couple days. I'm sure they weren't anticipating that. So far they've handled it pretty well, just this one hiccup is not going to scare me away.

Waffle is up to 13gh, nearly as much as middlecoin now (no idea why the hell anyone is still there, around .005 per MH for a week straight there...owner tweeted it was fixed 2 days ago yet it's still sucking).

MC definitely isn't fixed, but Waffle is having issues as well. I may have to go back to mining LTC until they fix their problems.

Waffle's issues are directly related to Cryptsy. See the note on their website stating payments are delayed. Cryptsy has been a mess with deposits & withdrawals.

Their only issue is skipping 1 payout so far. I still have .073 balance right now ready to be payed out after 45 hours (since my last payout) of 3.5mh.

The problem with cryptsy has been resolved, as evidenced by the big unexchanged turning into balance. It's ready to beed paid out now.

Their only issue is skipping 1 payout so far. I still have .073 balance right now ready to be payed out after 45 hours (since my last payout) of 3.5mh.

The problem with cryptsy has been resolved, as evidenced by the big unexchanged turning into balance. It's ready to beed paid out now.

Once they send this payout out I think I'll move everything I have to them. clevermining had a couple days of horrible pay so they lost me for a while. They need to prove their problems are fixed

The problem with cryptsy has not been resolved. WP has 2 tickets in with them and still no reponse. WP has no idea when they will get their BTC out of cryptsy. You can read all about it over at bitcointalk.org

Clevermining just went through that the other day. Did get a nice payout when the unexchanged finally cleared.

Cryptsy has gotten so bloated and complicated...

Clevermining just went through that the other day. Did get a nice payout when the unexchanged finally cleared.

Cryptsy has gotten so bloated and complicated...

gotten? Its always been this way only these days its BETTER than it used to be. They need to put into place a high priority support for people who go through like 100+ BTC with them a day gets the head guys cell number with how much they make in fees

gotten? Its always been this way only these days its BETTER than it used to be. They need to put into place a high priority support for people who go through like 100+ BTC with them a day gets the head guys cell number with how much they make in fees
There is nobody that gets 100BTC/day, since that would be 10GH/s in rigs.
Even the biggest GPU farm (the chinese one) has "only" 2GH/s of scrypt mining power.

Even the biggest GPU farm (the chinese one) has "only" 2GH/s of scrypt mining power.

middlecoin was blowin through over 400BTC/day of coins. I'm talking about the pools dude since they are really the only ones big enough to be worthy of a real priority support. I was just spitballin some ridiculous number to be worth letting go straight to the top guy Maybe its more in the 50BTC/day range but just think of the amount being made by exchanges with those kinds of numbers.

0.13106713 just came in from waffle. I"m going to point pretty much everything at them. clevermining apparently was screwed up when I was doing my testing with them so they've lost my business.

Trying to evaluate a switch to wafflepool. What's your hashrate that geenrated .0383? If you don't mind me asking.

3100-3300 kh/s

its around 0.011-0.012 for 1000 kh/s on average. i got lucky and got 0.038!

Thanks for the numbers. Multipool still seems pretty competitive then. Though you have to do your own conversions.

Waffle is mining feathercoin. That's a blast from the past (before the dozens of alt-coins came out).

The problem with cryptsy has not been resolved. WP has 2 tickets in with them and still no reponse. WP has no idea when they will get their BTC out of cryptsy. You can read all about it over at bitcointalk.org

You were obviously wrong. The bitcointalk thread was just not updated apparently. The resolution was quite obvious because all the unexchanged turned into balance all of the sudden. The payout happened at normal time, as I said it would earlier.

Then how are they getting 7GH/s on Wafflepool? Or is that another pool? A mining co-op maybe?

I had heard, through the grapevine that the 7GH/s miner on Wafflepool was the Chinese farm. However, that could be just a rumor that started circulating because of that.

Apparently not. People now mostly either renting on betarigs or mining on multi pools. :(

im still making .02 a day on my own pool of 2.4mhz I would offer to let others join in on the fun but i never ran my own pool and am currently on Comcast business class w/ no static. Just saying that if you take the time to look at the markets you can solo mine your way to .02 a day with 2.4mhz of hash power.

My setup is a 2x 280x, 1x 6950, and 1x 7950. Looking to unload the 7950 for 2x 270x's but i do not think anyone would take me up on that offer.

Solo mining is easly done if you understand linux. I run MPOS with stratum-mining.

I rather enjoy keeping the block rewards to meself though think running my own pool would be hella fun.

Are there any altcoins worth mining anymore?

Yes, I would say anything in the top 10 of the CoinWarz would still provide profit. However, how much profit is hard to say.

On the other hand, I would have to say there are no real winners that are guaranteed to increase in value over time right at the current moment. IMO, 99% of the current coins out there you would be best to mine and dump immediately.... it's not worth holding any of them.

It's for that purpose that picking a good profit switching pool is the best bet... takes a lot of the load off of your own shoulders of dealing with transferring and selling of coins.

BlackCoin was released last night, and seems kind of cool. It goes from 100% POW (proof of work) to 100% POS (proof of stake) in exactly 1 week. So you can only mine this coin for another 6.5 days. It's the same thing as MINT in that sense, but will get to POS before it. And MINT recently went to the moon so I am mining this for now.

BlackCoin was released last night, and seems kind of cool. It goes from 100% POW (proof of work) to 100% POS (proof of stake) in exactly 1 week. So you can only mine this coin for another 6.5 days. It's the same thing as MINT in that sense, but will get to POS before it. And MINT recently went to the moon so I am mining this for now.

Are you using a p2p pool or one of the few listed?

now we need a pool that autoswitches itself between the best performing multi-coin pools

bwahahaha

but actually that would be a bad idea unless they are pplns

I gave up on Middlecoin yesterday i've still got about half a bitcoin stuck in unexchanged, moved my farm over to Wafflepool to see how that goes, looking good so far.

Back