The absolute best aircooling solution?

PlaidJello said:
I noticed some other CPU coolers with included fans will have a single lead to go to the mb header, but I haven't seen anything you can purchase for the 120mm fans that will draw power from a PSU molex and still have a wire to go to the header.
This is what I have. It also may be for sale tomorrow with the XP-120.

i bought this for my xp-120 comes with thermal monitor and power wires
it's very quite as well

PRO32120MM32DBB.jpg

item.aspx

I am gonna give the xp-90 a try. I will probably know tomorrow what I am gonna do. One of them will be for sale and the other will have to tide me over to I go with water.

OrionNT said:
I am gonna give the xp-90 a try. I will probably know tomorrow what I am gonna do. One of them will be for sale and the other will have to tide me over to I go with water.

I like my XP90!

he gets 31c idle and 41c load

i remember from an earlier conversation burner and I had

IceWeasel said:
he gets 31c idle and 41c load

i remember from an earlier conversation burner and I had

Burner, what fan you got strapped to that XP-90 of yours. From my experiences with the board, the P4C800 isn't the most accurate judge of cpu temps (no board is).....but in comparison to what I've seen from other P4C800 uses those're still some nice enough results.

cornelious0_0 said:
Burner, what fan you got strapped to that XP-90 of yours. From my experiences with the board, the P4C800 isn't the most accurate judge of cpu temps (no board is).....but in comparison to what I've seen from other P4C800 uses those're still some nice enough results.

I have a Thermaltake 92mm fan on it. I don't trust the Asus Temp probe either so those temps were taken with an external temp probe.

Burner27 said:
I have a Thermaltake 92mm fan on it. I don't trust the Asus Temp probe either so those temps were taken with an external temp probe.

Good stuff.....and nice results considering you're not sporting a fancy Panaflo or 'Nado fan. ;) :p

BTW....where have you got the sensor placed?

Anyone mount the XP-90 on mobile chips (no IHS)? Kind of pointless unless I find a DFI Lanparty UT board I guess (not sure what other board supports the chips) but NewEgg is selling them (the mobile A64s) right now for like $20 more than the OEM Newcastle parts so I was considering it. Kinda amazing that the NC 3000+ is now down to $169... :eek:

cornelious0_0 said:
Good stuff.....and nice results considering you're not sporting a fancy Panaflo or 'Nado fan. ;) :p

BTW....where have you got the sensor placed?

On the same surface that the CPU touches on the HS. I mounted it right on the edge. It was tricky though. Fell off a lotta times too!

Burner27 said:
On the same surface that the CPU touches on the HS. I mounted it right on the edge. It was tricky though. Fell off a lotta times too!

K, tha's where I was thinkin' ti might have been.....good stuff. ;)

Anyone know offhand if the retention brackets on the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum face the right way for the Hyper6 to blow air towards the exhaust fan?

Back