cornelious0_0
[H]F Junkie
- Joined
- Apr 6, 2003
- Messages
- 12,783
IceWeasel said:cause i could do this...
![]()
Sorry dude, but I jsut can't stand those Tt POS heatpipe tower coolers.....nowhere NEAR the build quality of the Hyper6....and looks worse too IMO.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
IceWeasel said:cause i could do this...
![]()
IceWeasel said:i dont argue with you... lol
i didn't make a very educated decision when i bought my hsf... i smack myself in the face every morning for doing so, but i spent $50 on it, so i hate to just throw $50 away lol
Impulse said:You plan on using the stock fan? The review on SPC didn't speak too highly of it, and they said it was kinda iffy to fit another standard fan on it (nothing zip-ties can't fix I'm sure, but it adds to the cost), dunno. They may have modified it since then so it takes any standard fans (some reviews say you can only mount the stock fan one way, that is, blowing into the inside of the heatsink; some say you can mount it either way).
I've been trying to find a review that compared the Hyper 6 and Zalman 7000 Cu directly but I don't think I've stumbled upon it...From my guesstimate (having seen both compared to the SLK-948s) the Hyper 6 might work slightly better but it all depends on the fan, any type of fan might also produce more noise on the Hyper 6 than the Zalman's stock, tho it really depends on how you mount it I guess.
Impulse said:P4 mobo sockets seem to orient the fins/fan side towards the top/bottom of the case, while most A64 mobo sockets seem to place it to the sides.
IceWeasel said:both the heatsink fan and the 120 in the case are blowing out... therefore it is actually sucking air right off the heatsink... outta the case!![]()
that is a good thing right?
... at least i think the heatsink fan is blowing out... damn, now i gotta check
IceWeasel said:when i mounted the heatsink/fan, the way it was facing is against the case fan's pull.
IceWeasel said:will do, although my cart at jab-tech.com is setup like this right now... just waiting for me to checkout:
Arctic Cooling ATI VGA Silencer 4
Vantec Iceberq copper BGA ramsinks
Thermalright XP-90
Vantec Tornado 92mm
Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound - 12g
lol, i'm going to wait until the weekend is over, after i redo this fan, then i may checkout that order![]()
i wasn't aware that the ati silencer 4 got the ram on both sides of the card, i thought i'd have some areas that went uncovered.. you just saved me $10 thanks!
IceWeasel said:i doubt i'll buy a new hsf now!
haroldmeyer said:and I know they are way high because my Vantec Nexus shows them at 38deg & 44deg.
I've got my CPU sensor attached to the top of the A64 heatspreader,my thoughts were that since heat traveled upward, this would give me my best reading. Your probably right about the temps being wrong on both, but at least I can get an idea where they are.cornelious0_0 said:The A64's DO have heatspreaders.....so where specifically have you got the probe mounted? If it's not taped to the bottom of the CPU then there's a chance the probe is just as innacurate as the mobo itself.
Jason711 said:why wont this thread die?
lostpnoiboi said:why lock up this post or even want it to die.. i want ppl info on what thier best solution to hot temps to help me out that is the reason why ders threads is to help each other solve thier problems.![]()
cornelious0_0 said:If (for some reason) you've really got a problem with the thread being up just PM a mod to ask if they can lock it......'cus it'll never just "die" on its own. I dont' see what the big problem is though.![]()
dommer said:By the way, whoever said it, heat doesn't travel up, it travels from hot to cold. Hot air rises because it's less dense than cold air, but this doesn't hold true between solid objects.
you wouldnt see a problem...
Sarin said:My computer with newly installed VGA Silencer on the 6800ultra and Hyper6 on the P4 3.4c (currently @ 3.6)
![]()
I'm kinda unlucky that the retention bracket faces the wrong way, but I'm getting a new mobo soon anyway. Despite this I get
31 degrees C Idle
41 Load (that's with 3Dmark03, I haven't really tried anything more straining)
with an ambient Temp of 25 degrees.
I replaced the fan with a YS-Tech one I had lying around, which is much quieter. I'm very impressed with the Hyper6!
cornelious0_0 said:Sarin, if you're looking for a true stress-test.....there is nothing better for hyper threading processors then running two copies of Prime95's torture test. Running two copies of it will hold both cpu's at a solid 100%, and you WILL find your max load temp.....cus 3DMark03 will not stress your CPU nearly as much as dual Prime95 will.....as 3DMark is so heavy on the GPU.
Go to your program files folder and copy the prime95 folder. Then change the folder name (ex. Prime95a) and add this folder to the Prime95 folder. Make a shortcut for the other exe. Then in Prime95 go to advanced and then affinity, check the box and change one program to cpu 1 and the other cpu 0.rtierney said:how do you get two copies to run at the same time? i can never get two to open.