1 WD 300 Cavier
Thermaltake Tai-Chi Chasis

Build
No problems.

HARDWARE
Case: Lian-Li PC777 "Snail" case
PS: Silverstone "Strider" 600W
MoBo: A8N32-SLI Deluxe (BIOS 1009)
CPU: AMD FX-60 (currently OC'd to 2940 - 14x210)
HSF/FAN: Zalman 9500 (currently using Zalman HS paste)
RAM: (2) Corsair XMS3500LL 1GB (2GB total running at 210 FSB)
HD: (1) WD Raptor 150 GB (using nVidia IDE drivers)
Vid: (1) ATI Radeon X1900XTX (OC'd to 698core 797mem) using CAT 6.2's
Snd: onboard
NIC: onboard nVidia
Mon: Dell 2405
KB: Saitek "Eclipse"
Mse: Logitech G5

Prob's During Build
Niether my Zalman 7700Cu or Thermaltake Big Typhoon would fit with the tall Corsair RAM.

Solution
Ran to Fry's Electronics during install and picked up the Zalman 9500.

Current Issues
The temps on this board are just way too high. My FX-60 idles at 48C and loads at 60C :(
I have tried three different heatsink greases - AS5, generic white stuff, and the Zalman white stuff that came with the 9500... all have the same temps within 1C. Also, these temps go down by 1C if I do not OC. It will run games for hours, and will do dual Prime95 runs (1 for each core) for 36 hours with no issues. I am at the point where I think the BIOS is just reporting the temps wrong.

My thoughts
Other then then the high temp readings, this system is solid! No issues at all. Very fast boot, very overclockable, all games look awesome - HL2 (with HI-rez pack), SWG, WoW, FEAR all play and look amazing with all the options turned on at 1920x1200... The temps do bother me though... may try water cooling.

knaSen said:
No probs. These issues where with 1st gen iPods, dunno if apple ever fixed it though. Did it help?
haha, I actually sold my ipod before I could try. It seems like it would make sense tho. I'll find out when the new video ipods come out! ;)

HARDWARE
mobo: A8N32SLI
cpu: X2 4400+
memory: 2 X 1GiG G.skill DDR HZ 4000
hard drive(s): 1 X Maxtor MaxLine IIl 250GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
graphics card: 1 X BFG 7800 GT oc
sound card: Sound blaster live 5.1 EAX
power supply: Antec TruePower 2.0 550W
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009 << NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST UPDATE ?

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
Instaling XP PRo i kept getting errors saying the windows could not copy files.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
I was told it may be memory issue and was told to remove one of the sticks of RAM , I did this and XP went in first time ,

CHANGED/REPLACED HARDWARE:
I was informed by the store i got the RAM from that The batch of Gskill thay had had i lot of RMA returns and that my RAM may have been faulty ,

CURRENT STATUS:
I have sent back my Gskill HZ and im expecting a new set in the post .... However i STILL cant get two sticks of any RAM to work together in this mobo , I have tryed 3 set's of diffrent ( working ) RAM But i am only able to use one stick , I was told this may be an issue with the A8N32SLI and the fix is to set up the bios with one stick of RAM and then add the other one

I don't know how to do this so i need help
:eek:

redheadfred said:
haha, I actually sold my ipod before I could try. It seems like it would make sense tho. I'll find out when the new video ipods come out! ;)

Cool :) you could´ve tried the one on the mobo tho ? ;P nm... hope the new ipod works great, when ever you buy it ;p

HARDWARE:
Mobo: A8N32SLI
CPU: 3700+
Memory: 2*1gig Crucial Ballistix PC4000
Hard disks: 74gig Raptor, 250@300gig Maxtor
Video cards: 2*BFG 7800GTX's
Sound card: SB Audigy X-Fi Extreme Music
Power Supply: PC Power&Cooling 510 SLI
Shipped BIOS: 1009
Current BIOS 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
My Ballistix would not allow the PC to post. Default settings had it at lower settings that the ram could run. Pretty annoying problem, just glad I have some compatible ram with default settings.

SLI not working.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Sticking in sold old XMS to boot up, and manually change the settings, once I pinned down the problem. Put in the Ballistix back, and its working fine now.

Changing drivers from 82.12 beta drivers, to 81.98 official drivers.

The ram I mentioned above.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running.

I do have one question though, I upgraded from a A8N-SLI Premium, and just booted back into Windows. Normally, I always reformat, and I plan to do so this weekend. The question is, is the drivers for this motherboard from NV's website 'Platform/ nForce Drivers> nForce4 AMD/Intel X16'? Seems like it would be, just wanted to make sure. They have so many different platforms listed, and all the version numbers dont match up. I didnt want to use the ones from the CD, as they are probably older.

fallguy said:
PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
My Ballistix would not allow the PC to post. Default settings had it at lower settings that the ram could run. Pretty annoying problem, just glad I have some compatible ram with default settings.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Sticking in sold old XMS to boot up, and manually change the settings, once I pinned down the problem. Put in the Ballistix back, and its working fine now.

Can you tell me what settings you changed and the value of each setting ?
I am having the same problem with my Gskill RAM ... Im getting new sticks but i don't know what setting's to change in bios .

Thanks

Maddad

I changed mine to (from top to bottom in the BIOS) 3-8-4-4. Cas set to 3, tras set to 8, trcd set to 4, and trp set to 4. I also had to change my ram to 2.8v.

I set to to 2T as well, because my A8N-SLI Premium would not run my two 1gig sticks at 1T no matter what. I have no tried 1T yet on this board.

Zyme said:
Wow--the manual says you can't run WinXP 64 with this board! stoopid manuals...

Perhaps I made my previous post about it working too early. The manual says that SLI doesnt work in x64, and for now, I agree.

SLI will not come up for me at all in Windows. I have both cards in, both cards power plugged in, the SLI brige plugged up, and the extra molex to the mobo plugged in. In the drivers, no SLI option. WTH is this? Why in the world does it not work? UGGGGGGGGGH!

Hey, gang. I just found this thread and am going through hell trying to get my rig up and running... suggestions would be appreciated.

Mobo: A8N-SLI
Power: Fortron PSU
CPU: AMD A64 3800 x2
Hard Drive: Western Digital 200 GB drive, WD2000KS
Video: MSi 6600GT
CD: Assorted CD drives tested
Memory: Corsair TwinX2048-4000PT 2GB KIT (1GB x 2) 3-4-4-8 (using 1 only for install)

My problem: XP install is INCREDIBLY slow. It formats the drives to NTFS ok, but completely bogs down during the Setup is Copying Files portion. It's always the same behavior regardless of what I am testing with or installing from.

I've run memtest on all of my memory sticks, they all check out. PSU checks out. Hard drive checks out. I've done f6 to load my SATA drivers during install. I've tried different CD drives. I've tried different CD drives on different IDE channels. I've tried switching SATA ports. I've tried loading smartdrv.exe and installing from DOS. I've tried different memory sticks in different ports. I've tried different XP Pro CDs.

That being said, there are certain combinations of the above testing that I have not tried, a la smartdrive with memory stick X and CD drive y on the secondary IDE channel, etc.

My conclusions: This board and processor was purchased from and tested by Mwave.com -- they said that all of their hardware checks out. I'm starting to believe it's either a SATA II/Western Digital issue or an NF4 driver issue, or something I am missing in the BIOS?

Last tested config: Hard drive on SATA 1. CD drive is Primary IDE Master. 1 stick of RAM in Slot B1. Wiped HD with Western Digital utilities. Partitioned and formatted in XP Pro setup. Did *not* F6 drivers. Same problem -- slow/hangs at Setup is Copying Files.

Should I use a win98 bootdisk to Fdisk and partition, then try installing? This is the first build I've ever done that I've ever had a problem with. I am basically looking to create a clean slate to start with again and try over. Anything I should be aware of in BIOS.

fallguy said:
Perhaps I made my previous post about it working too early. The manual says that SLI doesnt work in x64, and for now, I agree.

SLI will not come up for me at all in Windows. I have both cards in, both cards power plugged in, the SLI brige plugged up, and the extra molex to the mobo plugged in. In the drivers, no SLI option. WTH is this? Why in the world does it not work? UGGGGGGGGGH!
Yeah, sorry--check post 68 where I found out what the manual REALLY says. You're not gonna like it.
Z

Did anyone get Nmonitor to work with our board?
Mine says something about the Bios not supporting it.

A8N32 System:

Asus A8N32 SLI Motherboard :rolleyes:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Corsair XMS3500PLL RAM (2x1GB)
XFX 7800GTX 256MB XXX Edition (2x SLI)
Creative X-Fi Platinum
ATI TV Wonder Pro 550
WD 2500YR 16MB SATA (RAID 0)
Lian Li V1200B Case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510W SLI

Watercooled with a STORM, a MCP655 pump and two STASIS NVx1 waterblcks in SLI. :cool:

Board has been rock solid and offers great featuers and perfomrance!

consumer9000 said:
A8N32 System:

Asus A8N32 SLI Motherboard :rolleyes:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Corsair XMS3500PLL RAM (2x1GB)
XFX 7800GTX 256MB XXX Edition (2x SLI)
Creative X-Fi Platinum
ATI TV Wonder Pro 550
WD 2500YR 16MB SATA (RAID 0)
Lian Li V1200B Case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510W SLI

Watercooled with a STORM, a MCP655 pump and two STASIS NVx1 waterblcks in SLI. :cool:

Board has been rock solid and offers great featuers and perfomrance!

Do you play BF2 with your system?
Where did you place the X-Fi?

Thanks.

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu FX-60 @ 2.8ghz (14x multi)
memory 2 X 1gb G Skill HZ PC4000 (slots A1 & B1)
hard drive(s) 2 x 74gb WD Raptors (RAID 0 on nVidia SATA Channels 3 & 4), 1 x WD 120gb (secondary IDE master)
graphics card 2 X BFG 7800 GTX 256 OC (Nforce 82.12 beta drivers)
optical drive Plextor PX-716A (primary IDE master)
sound card XFi Fatality
power supply PC P&C SLI 510
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1.) ACPI non compliant BSOD issues after disabling game port in BIOS.
2.) Error/F1 message on POST “No IDE HDD Master Detected”
3.) BIOS sets memory to 3-5-5-10 timing @ 250mhz; CPU-Z shows memory running at 3-5-5-10 @ 133mhz
4.) Closing BF2 after a gaming session results in 2 of the “deep” Win XP error tones, but no physical messages displayed – no other symptoms of a problem and the game itself runs great.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1.) Re-enabled game port and reloaded Windows – solved.
2.) Messed with this for a while; finally changed the jumper on the HDD to master. Solved.
3.) Manually set the timings to 3-4-4-8 @ 200mhz. Solved.
4.) Have not troubleshot this very thoroughly yet. Not solved.

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up & running. Seems to be very stable & fast so far with the exception of the mysterious error tones when closing BF2. Gained 20 fps in CSS stress using the same settings & hardware from my A8N SLI Premium, although this board had a memory problem. Seems to be reporting the same high temps as noted elsewhere in this thread.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
This board is pretty amazing. It’s very un-Asus and I have a feeling of total control that I’ve not experienced with any board in the past. There are so many options to tinker with and it seems so stable where my previous board was “felt” fragile. BIOS is taking some getting used to after dealing with Award Bios’ for the last few builds I’ve done but once you understand the logic of the labeling it makes sense.

Zyme said:
HARDWARE:
a8n32
X2 4800
2 x eVGA 7800 GTX 256
2 x WD Raptor 35 Gb
2 x Maxtor 120 Gb
2Gb Corsair TwinX 3200
PC Power and Cooling 510W SLi
Coolermaster WaveMaster

shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
- WaveMaster is barely big enough to accomodate GTXs--will have to move HDs up to top.
- Can create arrays without a problem in MediaShield, but cannot set any array as the "Boot Disk"

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
-moved drives up, worked great
-didn't need to set boot disk to install windows

None

CURRENT STATUS:
kicks ass. working great
Update 2/17/06:

System is still up and kicking. I have had an issue with my Audigy card since the install. It's really weird--setting the nVIDIA drivers to SLI Antialising mode causes loud screeching in FEAR and lots of popping noises in HL2. When I run in Split Frame Rendering at 8xS AA, the sound was ok.

So I bought a new X-Fi card, uninstalled the old Audigy in safe mode, put in the new card and fired it up. Same problems in SLI AA mode. However, in SFR mode with regular AA, the sound effects (5.1) with the X-Fi are MUCH better. (didn't think I would really notice.) Excellent positional effects as expended shotgun shells are ejected and clink on the ground behind me.

So I'm still convinced it's some annoying driver issue. The X-Fi is right between the two 7800 GTX cards, but I installed a fan to blow directly on these and they never get above 66C under load. Hopefully some future Creative bloat (oops-I mean, driver) will fix this.
Z

Opie said:
HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu FX-60 @ 2.8ghz (14x multi)
memory 2 X 1gb G Skill HZ PC4000 (slots A1 & B1)
hard drive(s) 2 x 74gb WD Raptors (RAID 0 on nVidia SATA Channels 3 & 4), 1 x WD 120gb (secondary IDE master)
graphics card 2 X BFG 7800 GTX 256 OC (Nforce 82.12 beta drivers)
optical drive Plextor PX-716A (primary IDE master)
sound card XFi Fatality
power supply PC P&C SLI 510
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1.) ACPI non compliant BSOD issues after disabling game port in BIOS.
2.) Error/F1 message on POST “No IDE HDD Master Detected”
3.) BIOS sets memory to 3-5-5-10 timing @ 250mhz; CPU-Z shows memory running at 3-5-5-10 @ 133mhz
4.) Closing BF2 after a gaming session results in 2 of the “deep” Win XP error tones, but no physical messages displayed – no other symptoms of a problem and the game itself runs great.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1.) Re-enabled game port and reloaded Windows – solved.
2.) Messed with this for a while; finally changed the jumper on the HDD to master. Solved.
3.) Manually set the timings to 3-4-4-8 @ 200mhz. Solved.
4.) Have not troubleshot this very thoroughly yet. Not solved.

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up & running. Seems to be very stable & fast so far with the exception of the mysterious error tones when closing BF2. Gained 20 fps in CSS stress using the same settings & hardware from my A8N SLI Premium, although this board had a memory problem. Seems to be reporting the same high temps as noted elsewhere in this thread.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
This board is pretty amazing. It’s very un-Asus and I have a feeling of total control that I’ve not experienced with any board in the past. There are so many options to tinker with and it seems so stable where my previous board was “felt” fragile. BIOS is taking some getting used to after dealing with Award Bios’ for the last few builds I’ve done but once you understand the logic of the labeling it makes sense.

Yea I get the same tones with BF2 but I think it's something to do with BF2 closing out.

What settings do you have for audio in BF2?
Also what drivers did you load for the board, video cards, and sound card?

Going to exchange my platinum for a X-Fi Fatal1ty. Sigh.
Wish me luck with the Fatal1ty.

Are you also =WKA=Opie in game?

Heheheh. I'm wKa Opie. Do I know you?

I'm running the following audio settings:
BF2: ultra high, no EAX
XP/Creative console: CMSS off, 3D positional off, EAX off, bass crossover + bass gain on
The sound in BF2 is just awesome, but EAX crushes performance, plus I hate how bright it sounds. I havent noticed any difference between this card and the Audigy 2 in terms of fps drop, even with the Fatality at ultra.

Drivers/Install order:
XP SP2
AMD dual core driver
MS dual core hotfix
latest nForce X16 chipset drivers from nVidia website (6.85 - confirmed)
nVidia 82.12 betas for the GTXs (edit - I just installed the 83.90 betas and love em)
XFi driver from install CD, then installed the (downloaded) Creative driver update #2 over the top

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu Opteron 175
memory old mushkin black pc3500 2x512
hard drive(s) 2x80g Maxtor pata
graphics card evga 7800 Gtx
sound card Creative Audigy 2zs
power supply Seisonic s-12 600
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1103

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
ACPI non compliant issues when trying to update to sp2.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
turning on the parallel port

not related to any problems but have replaced heatpipe with vantec iceberqs(had to mod slightly to make them fit) for the chipsets, and tiny heatsinks for the mosfets due to wanting better cooling inside a lian li v2000(inverted mobo)

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running, 11x240 atm and rising

Opie said:
Heheheh. I'm wKa Opie. Do I know you?

I'm running the following audio settings:
BF2: ultra high, no EAX
XP/Creative console: CMSS off, 3D positional off, EAX off, bass crossover + bass gain on
The sound in BF2 is just awesome, but EAX crushes performance, plus I hate how bright it sounds. I havent noticed any difference between this card and the Audigy 2 in terms of fps drop, even with the Fatality at ultra.

Drivers/Install order:
XP SP2
AMD dual core driver
MS dual core hotfix
latest nForce X16 chipset drivers from nVidia website (6.85 - confirmed)
nVidia 82.12 betas for the GTXs (edit - I just installed the 83.90 betas and love em)
XFi driver from install CD, then installed the (downloaded) Creative driver update #2 over the top

[TMC]UnDefault_Player
We played BF2 against you in CAL. And just pubbing in our server.
Hahaha, Cool man. I didn't know EAX crushed performance like that.

I'll have to try the new GTX drivers 83.90s.

But my X-Fi works fine now. I had a problem where my system locked up in BF2.
Video locked up and repeating sounds. It was because I didn't give my processor enough juice.

i'm experiencing a weird error with my a8n32. when i exit out of Azureus it knocks out the onboard nvidia nic (it drops the connection and then it goes through the process of re-establighing network connectivity). anyone see that before? :confused:

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu FX60
memory 2x Crucial 1GB DDR400 (2GB)
hard drive(s) 2x WD Raptor 74GB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 160GB
graphics card 2x MSI 7800GTX
sound card Creative X-FI Platinum
power supply PC Power and Cooling Turbo 510 SLI
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
None

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
N/A

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running, stable at stock settings. 2 day old build. Overclocking this weekend.

HARDWARE:
sig

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
45-55 mobo temps -->Idle/large load

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Fan to keep better circulation by the south bridge, where SLI deoposits all hot air.

N/A

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running, stable at stock settings.

maddad said:
HARDWARE
cpu: X2 4400+
memory: 2 X 1GiG G.skill DDR HZ 4000
hard drive(s): 1 X Maxtor MaxLine IIl 250GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
graphics card: 1 X BFG 7800 GT oc
sound card: Sound blaster live 5.1 EAX
power supply: Antec TruePower 2.0 550W
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009 << NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST UPDATE ?

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
Instaling XP PRo i kept getting errors saying the windows could not copy files.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
I was told it may be memory issue and was told to remove one of the sticks of RAM , I did this and XP went in first time ,

I was informed by the store i got the RAM from that The batch of Gskill thay had had i lot of RMA returns and that my RAM may have been faulty ,

CURRENT STATUS:
I have sent back my Gskill HZ and im expecting a new set in the post .... However i STILL cant get two sticks of any RAM to work together in this mobo , I have tryed 3 set's of diffrent ( working ) RAM But i am only able to use one stick , I was told this may be an issue with the A8N32SLI and the fix is to set up the bios with one stick of RAM and then add the other one

I don't know how to do this so i need help
:eek:

UPDATE :

Got my new G Skill HZ ram , Just put one stick in to set the timings in bios , shut down , put the other stick in and booted up sweet as a nut :D

CURRENT STATUS:
Running all games on max settings without any problem , the only thing i can see ( or hear ) is my Zalman FS-C77 Fatal1ty CPU fan is allways on high and i never hear my graphics card fan get louder in games << is this a problem ?

temps are.. CPU 44 c idle and 47 c at load
GPU 54 c idle and 58 c at load

Is that normal ?

maddad said:
UPDATE :

Got my new G Skill HZ ram , Just put one stick in to set the timings in bios , shut down , put the other stick in and booted up sweet as a nut :D

CURRENT STATUS:
Running all games on max settings without any problem , the only thing i can see ( or hear ) is my Zalman FS-C77 Fatal1ty CPU fan is allways on high and i never hear my graphics card fan get louder in games << is this a problem ?

temps are.. CPU 44 c idle and 47 c at load
GPU 54 c idle and 58 c at load

Is that normal ?

How did you get your GPU temps? Plus those #'s seem high. GPU is fine.

Abit Variety here, but I figured I'd chime in...

HARDWARE
MOBO: Abit AN832X
CPU: X2 4400+ ([email protected])
MEM: 2x1024 Mushkin Extreme Performance DDR500 (3-4-3-8-1T)
HDD: 2x74GB Raptors(RAID0), 1x160GB SATA, 1x320GB SATA
GFX: 2xBFGTech 7800GTXoc
SOUND: X-Fi Platinum
PSU: PC Power & Cooling 510W SLI
shipped bios: 10
current bios: 10

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1) After installing all drivers, Device Manager still reported Unknown Device.
2) Uninstalled chipset drivers trying to fix the Unknown Device problem, lost "nvcchflt.sys" and system would not boot into Windows.
3) Serious Sam 2 crashes within 30seconds to an hour of playing.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1) Unknown Device was the "uGuru" garbage from Abit, installed program, Unknown Device was installed, uninstalled uGuru and device reports "Unable to load drivers", reinstalled software again and just disabled on startup.
2) Downloaded (if you need a copy pm me) and used recovery console to replace file.
3) Unresolved

CURRENT STATUS:
Prime95 solid on both cores 24 hours (small fft) with 3dMark 2001 demo looped.
3) Serious Sam 2 still crashing.

There is a new BIOS out for this board, called 1103.

1- Support CVT Function for both LAN.
2- Show pink and red color when oversetting DRAM votlage.
3- Fixed system show wrong memory Installed Size when Enable Memory Hole Function.
4- Update AI Booster code to improve overclocking ability.

---

By the way, anyone got the same bug as me? I have disabled power on by keyboard and mouse, but the computer still turns on if I move the mouse and hit any key on the keyboard..

Edit: this was with 1003.

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu X2 Opteron [email protected]
memory2 X 512MB HyperX pc3500
hard drive(s)2X 250GB Maxtor SATA
graphics card 1X 7800 GT
sound card Onboard
power supply Enermax NoiseTaker 600W
Coolermaster T01 Stacker Black
shipped bios 903
current bios 903

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
None.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
N/A

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Running perfectly stable @2.5ghz so far. Plan on taking it higher.[/QUOTE]

HARDWARE:

M/B : Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
CPU : AMD Opteron 170 (Toledo) @ 2.8Ghz
RAM : Corsair XMS3500LL Pro @ DDR466 (233Mhz) w/2-3-2-6-1T.
HDD : 3x Western Digital SATA2 320GB
GFX : ATi X1900XT @ stock speeds.
SND : Creative Soundblaster X-Fi
PSU : Seasonic S12 500W
Shipped BIOS : 1003 (I think)
Current BIOS : 1103

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1. After installing the ATi drivers, the flat panel lost signal when trying to boot into the Windows logon screen.
2. Trying to install the Asus Update utility simply doesn't work, giving an error "NT service registry errror" in an "Asus BIOSINFO.DLL" error dialog.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1. Temporary solution: moved the USB mouse to a different USB port. Permanent solution: Disable "USB Legacy" setting in BIOS (it defaults to auto).
2. Haven't found one - using the Alt+F2 boot option to flash the BIOS. The problem apparently stems from an issue between the Asus/AMD drivers and the Creative drivers, but doesn't manifest itself on all A8N323 boards (it does on mine).

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Running at 2.8Ghz with the stock vcore settings, which seems to be the sweetspot for this particular CPU. 3.0Ghz didn't post at all, 2.9 posted but didn't boot Windows - haven't tried any higher vcore though, but it's running 51C under load as it is right now, which is a bit on the high side.

HARDWARE:
M/B: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800
RAM: Corsair XMS TWINX2048-3200PT w/ 3-3-3-8 1T
HDD: 2x Seagate PATA 160GB
GFX: eVGA 7800 GTX 256 MB
PSU: Silverstone Zeus ST65ZF
Shipped BIOS: ??
Current BIOS: unchanged

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1. NVIDIA chipset driver installation kinda screwy (maybe i should follow instructions...)
2. 7800 GTX gets warmer than anticipated

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1. following directions
2. left as-is for now; probably throw some case fans on it later

None

CURRENT STATUS (stock speeds):
installed windows xp pro, booted right in
14+ hours of Prime95, no errors
more testing after AMD dual core patch, windows dual core hotfix...

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu Athlon 64 X2 4800+/Zalman CNPS9500 LED Copper CPU Heat Sink 92MM Fan
memory 2GB (Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO 2GB kit) PC3500 CL2/1T
hard drive(s) 2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA 3Gb/s 7200RPM 16MB
graphics card ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB PCI-E
sound card Turtle Beach Montego DDL 7.1 S/PDIF optical OUT to
Denon AVR-3802 7x110W based HT System
power supply Enermax Liberty EL620AWT 620W Modular ATX12V v2.2
etc: Antec P180/Thermaltake Hardcano13 5.25in fan controller/2 x Samsung SyncMaster 213T Black 21.3” TFT DV-I 1600x1200 60Hz/
Plextor PX-716AL Double/Dual DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW E-IDE slot load
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
None

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
CURRENT STATUS:
Running fine.

HARDWARE:

Motherboard: A8N32SLI
CPU: X2 4800+
Memory: Corsair TwinX2048-3500LLPro
Video Card - Sapphire X1900XTX OEM
Hard Drive - 1 Raptor 150
Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling 510 SLI
Sound Card: SB X-Fi
Current BIOS: 1103 (?)

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1) Intermittent nvata events in event log delaying WinXP (32 bit) boot when using the latest build of nForce4 drivers at the time.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY: No Problem
1) Uninstalled the nVidia IDE drivers.

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running.

HARDWARE:

Motherboard: A8N32SLI
CPU: X2 4200+
Memory: Corsair TwinX2048-400
Video Card - 2x 7800gt evga
Hard Drive - 1 WD 250 sata
Power Supply: antec 550 (for get model)
Sound Card: SB X-Fi exmusic
Current BIOS: 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1) ACPI error on windows install

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1)Disabling game port (recommended here)

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running. Although I originaly had 1 120mm fan in the rear of case blowing out, temps were in the low 40's to high 30's. Thinking that a second 120mm in front would be better (blowing in) I installed the fan. Now I have increased temps by 3 to 4 with 2 case fans. Tonight i will remove the front fan most likely and just run with the rear exhaust.

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu 3800+ X2
memory 2 X 512 Corsair 3200
hard drive(s)2 X 36gb Raptors
graphics card1 X 6600 Gt
sound card - on board
power supply ANTEC
shipped bios - TBD
current bios - TBD

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
Wouldn't finish install of WinXP 64 after installing the nForce raid driver @ F6 prompt

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Slipstreaming the nForce raid driver into the install Disk

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running

HARDWARE:
Sig
current bios - 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
Windows wouldn't install, would get farther each time I tried.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Keep persisting!

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running, would like some help overclocking (first AMD rig)

HARDWARE:
cpu: 4800+ X2
memory: 2GB Corsair 3500LLPRO (2x1GB)
hard drive(s): 2 X 250gb WD2500KS
graphics card: 7800GTX Evga ACS KO
sound card: Creative X-fi XtremeMusic
power supply: Turbo-Cool 510 SLI / Express
monitor: Samsung 214T
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1) Originally had Enermax 620 Liberty PSU, but stopped working after 3 days. RMA'd for refund.

2) Was getting some nv4_disp.dll BSODs during long stretches of gaming.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1) Got a PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI/Express. Much better quality than my Enermax.

2) Updated to latest Beta drivers and haven't seen any problems for the past couple weeks.

Will be using Evga step-up to get a 7900GTX.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running for 3 weeks.

Back