The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Innocn 27" 4k160 Image quality puts my G8 NEO 32" 4k240 to shame.

I also picked up the 27" LG 240hz oled 1440pee from best buy yesterday at noon. Got home and set it up directly next to the Innocn and played some halo, insurgency and bf2042 and was like man this is not so bad for a 1440pee.

Then I played the same exact games on the Innocn 27" 4k160 and was like OMG....then I boxed the LG oled back up and returned it to best buy at 5pm lol

I also picked up the 27" LG 240hz oled 1440pee from best buy yesterday at noon. Got home and set it up directly next to the Innocn and played some halo, insurgency and bf2042 and was like man this is not so bad for a 1440pee.

Then I played the same exact games on the Innocn 27" 4k160 and was like OMG....then I boxed the LG oled back up and returned it to best buy at 5pm lol
Yeah, that matches my experience when I tried going back down to 1440p once :ROFLMAO:. Just upgraded my home theater but I need to get that innocn's goodness ASAP!

Seems like it is currently either this or the GP27U that is at the top of the 27" LCD hill. The Innocnis probably better all in all but availabilty seems to be a problem and also things like motion clarity seems to be better on the GP27U. Would be interesting to see a direct comparision between them.

It is also interesting that the Noe G7/G8/G9s generally seems to be overrated in many regards, ie not live up to the hype/specs like imagined response times, motion clarity, brightness etc. Like if I remember correctly, the Neo G8 has 2000 zones but acts like it was maybe 200 etc. I should add that this is mostly based on what I have heard and read online, while I have tested out the likes of Neo G9 myself and was left unimpressed.

There are of course this one on Rtings but I have always felt that their comparisions seems like they are more autogenerated than actual comparisons side by side

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tool...n-27m2v/34214/38489?usage=3623&threshold=0.10

It is also interesting that the Noe G7/G8/G9s generally seems to be overrated in many regards, ie not live up to the hype/specs like imagined response times, motion clarity, brightness etc. Like if I remember correctly, the Neo G8 has 2000 zones but acts like it was maybe 200 etc. I should add that this is mostly based on what I have heard and read online, while I have tested out the likes of Neo G9 myself and was left unimpressed.
It's certainly possible to criticize some things about the Neo G8, but the motion clarity isn't one of them. It's really good on that front.

The number of zones is 1196, not 2000.

It's my favorite monitor for gaming.

When I think back about how we paid $2,000 for the X27 ROFL EDITION with120hz or 144hz with limited color gamut....vs this blazing 4k/160 10bit beauty for $680 in 2023 dollars which is fifty bucks in 2018 money....the value is unbelievable!

So... 27M2V or wait for 32M2V to go on sale? Or get the Acer FP32 or wait for the Nitro XV275 P3 to drop back to $600? Can't decide.

Well do you want 27 or 32? If it's 27 then just go buy the 27M2V right now while you can.
Yes and no. I've had both at 4k. I like the 32 a little more, but sometimes it feels too big. I've gotten used to my 38" ultrawide though so the size might feel more comparable.

With 27" everything fits within my peripheral, and I don't get motion sick from fast twitch movements like I do on 32" and larger....plus the 27" panels have better motion clarity than the 32s.

With that said, I like to have one of each....a 27 and 32 on my desk...depending on my mood.

When I think back about how we paid $2,000 for the X27 ROFL EDITION with120hz or 144hz with limited color gamut....vs this blazing 4k/160 10bit beauty for $680 in 2023 dollars which is fifty bucks in 2018 money....the value is unbelievable!

X27 was truly a monitor ahead of it's time though. FALD wasn't even a thing on TV's yet, or if they did have FALD then maybe it was some shitty 32 or 64 zones while the Acer was rocking 384 zones. First monitor to do 4K 120Hz, first monitor to have real HDR, first monitor with quantum dots, etc. I still have my X27 to this day!

X27 was truly a monitor ahead of it's time though. FALD wasn't even a thing on TV's yet, or if they did have FALD then maybe it was some shitty 32 or 64 zones while the Acer was rocking 384 zones. First monitor to do 4K 120Hz, first monitor to have real HDR, first monitor with quantum dots, etc. I still have my X27 to this day!
indiana-jones-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-19552554
1690331943786.png

Is this Innocn glossy?

What do we know of any upcoming monitors in the category (categories) discussed here? Ie 27"+ 150hz+ LCD based monitors.

Feels that way. I have been waiting for years. Feel like we're so close and it's crickets. Still no real news on the pg32uqxr.

PG32UQXR is out in Europe if looks like.

Havn't seen it in Nordics yet which is usually an "early market" it seems, you haven't mixed it with the PG32UQX which used to have some vocal supporters here until recently or maybe PG32UQ? Monitor naming is an absolute joke :)

My PG27UQ bit the dust when I came home last night. The FALD didn't turn on, so I shone my phone light through the back to see if the panel was still working. Nope, not at all. Then it powered off by itself and wouldn't turn back on. With the monitor landscape looking pretty bleak, I just replaced it with another 48" OLED in the new LG C3, which just saw retail availability. The FO48U will stay on console duty while the C3 will be for video and PC. It's not certified G-SYNC Compatible as of yet, but I'm sure it will work fine since all the prior models were. I'll see about getting a new power brick from ASUS to see if that is what the issue is, but if they're going to charge me a ridiculous amount of money for one then I'll write it off as a loss, maybe offer it up to somebody here if they want to try and salvage it.

My PG27UQ bit the dust when I came home last night. The FALD didn't turn on, so I shone my phone light through the back to see if the panel was still working. Nope, not at all. Then it powered off by itself and wouldn't turn back on. With the monitor landscape looking pretty bleak, I just replaced it with another 48" OLED in the new LG C3, which just saw retail availability. The FO48U will stay on console duty while the C3 will be for video and PC. It's not certified G-SYNC Compatible as of yet, but I'm sure it will work fine since all the prior models were. I'll see about getting a new power brick from ASUS to see if that is what the issue is, but if they're going to charge me a ridiculous amount of money for one then I'll write it off as a loss, maybe offer it up to somebody here if they want to try and salvage it.

It's amazing to me that even cheap shit $100 monitors from 2010 can still function just fine to this day yet a $2000 high end monitor will kick the bucket after just 5-6 years.

It's amazing to me that even cheap shit $100 monitors from 2010 can still function just fine to this day yet a $2000 high end monitor will kick the bucket after just 5-6 years.
It and the X27 were the first of their kind and I'm sure AUO has learned a lot since then.

Back