Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yellowsnow17 said:Really? They used to use socket head cap screw + nut to hold the aquaero in the drivebay. This is a great improvement that I wish i had...
Me thinks you have too much free time
ShoNuff said:R1ckCa1n that is a sweet lookin' block bro. What do your temps look like? I wonder how it compares to the Cuplex Pro?
Shoggy do you know if there are any comparisons between the XT and the Pro? I wonder if AC has released a block to Watercoolplanet.de for comparison testing?
I'm looking for a reason to swap out my Pro for the XT if you can't tell. I'm challenged by the old "If it ain't broke...don't fix it" cliché.
badash said:I am trying to set up the aquastream and aquatube in the aquabay like this: http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=7;action=display;num=1114366901
But with 10mm barbs, not plug and cools. Was wondering if it would fit?
Also I heard somewhere the Airplex rads need to be flushed before you use them the first time, is this true?
R1ckCa1n said:A few more updates.... Getting the pump/res configuration finalized, now it's time to get this thing mounted.
Question to you Arquero owners.... Is there a line to line example of how you wire the aquastream and controller to the aquero? I'd like pics if possible.
I used the stand offs so the aqua jet and a 90 degree elbow would work. I have everything back together and working, but the Aquero isn't reporting to the software.... I connected the USB cable to the motherboard but no worky worky.....Aviddigi said:I will try and post pics, but what are you looking for. How the 10 pin connector goes to the aquastream controller to the aquaero. Pump power cord goes into aquastream controller ( only one way ) and DO NOT plug power to both the controller and aquaero.
Also why did you use stand off's on the aquabay for the pump ?
Hmmmm.. I was at AC's site all day and get a 404 error when going to the software page. Does anyone have a copy of the firmware? Here is my error right with the firmware on the CD.Aviddigi said:I have a 3.99 but you can flash it from the site, download the update and from the software (aquaero USB ) flash the aquaero. It will ask you what language you want then your good to go.
Heres something from Chris at AC
to change the language of the firmware you'll have to do the following steps:
1. Start the PC-Software
2. Select the right language in the PC-Software
3. Flash the aquaero with the newest firmware.
You'll be asked by the PC-Software if you want to include the language in the firmware of the aquaero. Answer YES. It will take a few minutes to include the language and you'll see the progress in the Status-Bar.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went through all your links with no answer, other than "WAIT FOR THE NEW SOFTWARE" which was scheduled to release last year. Since I have no idea how to program this thing in german, it is useless to me. Sure does scroll through stuff nicely, too bad I can't read it.Top Nurse said:Uhh...did you peruse the links I gave you? I believe that if you set the software to read in English then you can get the Aquaero to boot then in English on the display, yes/no?
Did you try looking at the German language manual about language?
Top Nurse bought the only flow meter so I have no idea. I can tell you that compared to the old configuration (MCP600, Cuplex Pro, Cuplex NB, Cuplex GPU, EVO 240 in one loop) it way less. The new configuration is AquaStream --> EVO240 --> Cuplex XT --> Cuplex GPU --> AC hard drive cooler --> Cuplex NB. Overall I added more blocks, and less powerfull pump, and only gained 2c on the CPU after 4 hours of running.ShoNuff said:R1ckCa1n what is your flow rate with your set up? Using the Aquastream and Aquajet (I think that is what it is called?) Do you get the "nice" wave effect against the front of the Aquatube?
OT: The Cingular Treo650 Rox!!!
R1ckCa1n said:Top Nurse bought the only flow meter so I have no idea.
The tops are clear tops, but still looked damn good!ShoNuff said:Top Nurse - Were those extra tops for the XT in the picture you posted a couple of pages back? If so, what color were they? I am going with the green theme in my case and that would be awesome if it came with a green (vs. blue) top.
R1ckCa1n - Beta firmware...didn't know bout' that. Thanks for the tip. Nice setup btw!
R1ckCa1n said:Need to find a way to get the CDROM drive stainless....
R1ckCa1n said:I hope someone from the AC forum stops by and gives a link to firmware that allows english since it is not on the website today.
Top Nurse said:I think Modsquad might have an English firmware as I seem to recall seeing his Aquaero with an "English" sticker on it?
modsquad2 said:Any AC Aquaero shipped to the States should have that tag. If you "flash" check the details or learn to speak/read German..
PS
"anyone jealous"
No.not at all.....
ShoNuff said:Top Nurse - Were those extra tops for the XT in the picture you posted a couple of pages back? If so, what color were they? I am going with the green theme in my case and that would be awesome if it came with a green (vs. blue) top.
Top Nurse said:Yeah, I'm jealous of your artistic abilities! Mine suxz except in the language and electro-mechanical arts.
I sure hope that someone didn't ship the wrong boxes from A-C! I thought that the version 4 hardware had at least English and German languages installed in the firmware. Unfortunately you need to understand German to get it to changeThat was why I thought my previous post might help as "Sprache" in German = "Language" in English.
Over on the A-C forum I was given a link to help in translating by some of the Germans helping out. Here it is http://dict.leo.org/?lang=en&lp=ende
modsquad2 said:"Firmware 3.23A" (ALPHA-TESTVERSION) seems to be the "one"..for our VFDs..Don't flash if you don't see a problem. Just like a MB, if it's not broke-don't fit it..
There is a way to flash a lower version but I don't need to tell you how to do this because that may kill your aquaero. The only firmware that can be used with a aquaero 4.0 is firmware 3.99. To change the language you need this firmware but it isn't downloadable. I sent a message to Sebastian. Maybe he could upload it.Top Nurse said:If that is the case this gets to be a sticky wicket as the software will not let you upload a revision with a lower number. The only possible way out of this ***might*** be to reset the firmware per the instructions in the English Aquaero manual.
Yeah, mine does not have an "English" tag on it so I guess this becomes a waiting game. I remember seeing a picture posted of an Aquero with this tag.modsquad2 said:Any AC Aquaero shipped to the States should have that tag. If you "flash" check the details or learn to speak/read German..
PS
"anyone jealous"
No.not at all.....![]()
Thank you for all your help, but the message seems to be this 3.99 Aquero never should have shipped. The bottom line on all posted related to our (I say that because you will experience this soon) problem is we have to wait for the proper 4.0x firmware to match the 4.00 hardware. From what I have gathered, this firmware has been promised since January and as yet to appear. My goal for today will be to figure out how to change the text color!Top Nurse said:Here is another link that might help with your English Aquaero issue:
http://www.wizdforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=573&highlight=Aquaero
http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=20;action=display;num=1111546390
Added:
I just found this link for a file on the German site that gives English to German language translations I think. I don't have my Aquaero running yet so I can't check it myself. Here it is: http://www.aqua-computer.de/download/aquaero_software/language/language.lng
'*********** Hauptmenü
Menu_Profil = Profil
Menu_Profil_Open = Profil laden
Menu_Profil_Save = Profil speichern
Menu_Profil_Tray = In das Tray
Menu_Profil_Exit = Beenden
Menu_Language = Sprache
Menu_Flash = Flash
Menu_Info = Info
'*********** Main Menu
Menu_Profil = Profile
Menu_Profil_Open = Load profile
Menu_Profil_Save = Save profile
Menu_Profil_Tray = Minimize to Tray
Menu_Profil_Exit = Exit
Menu_Language = Language
Menu_Flash = Flash
Menu_Info = Info
If this helps out please post back here with what worked for posterity![]()
Top Nurse said:They are clear plexi. I suppose I could let you have one for what I paid for it. I think there is a dye or paint that can be used on plexi to give it the tint you want, but I think it would have to be on the surface that isn't touching the water. The tops are thick enough that it would be no problem to drill a hole or two in the side to fit in a "green" LED as well.
I originally bought them to experiment with to see if I could retap them for G 1/4 threads. That isn't a problem, but then to make it all work I would have to open up the nickel plated middle block and possibly the jets as well. I don't think it would be worth the trouble.