• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are far too many issues to go into that are causing the latest order's hold up from abroad. When I clear up these troubles I'll let you know when the shipment is due (via DHL).

I wont use UPS' international services ever again, they are the most expensive and their service(s) downright sucks.

-Dan
 
Ever try Fedex?

I know domestic Fedex has been by and far the best for me price wise and trust wise...it always gets there on time and in good condition:D

UPS has dropped the ball on everything :mad:
 
CopyCat said:
Ever try Fedex?

I know domestic Fedex has been by and far the best for me price wise and trust wise...it always gets there on time and in good condition:D

UPS has dropped the ball on everything :mad:

I always use fedex....never have had a problem. I guess it helps that my dad gets a 75% discount, but even without the discount their prices are still cheaper than UPS or DHL...
 
vapb400 said:
would the airplex evo 240 grill work w/ a black ice extreme II?

Yes it can work. You might have to mod the grill or radiator or both to make it work but its not that hard to do and it can be done fairly easy. I used the evo 360 grill with my Thermochill 120.3 and looks real good not much I had to do to get it to work. Just changed where the holes are in the shroud on the radiator and you cant even tell.

The Cpt.
 
Fook christmas! when my shuttle's psu died last week it killed my cpu! im done with moding,oc'ing,and every thing,im gona sell every thing i have pc wise and be done with it,i cant afford a new cpu so im tossing in the towel,I have 1 shroud left to do for a frined then its over...im so mad right now im sick.Cpt ill send the rad back to u when it gets here,dan ill send the water block back,Every one else im sorry but i cant take the loss..Im not sure as of yet if ill still be doing the mods to the tubes or the zilla's...ill talk to dan..i might still mod for snt but im not sure right now..this is a BIG loss to me. :( :( :(

EDIT: Just tested the cpu again and no post,I just checked the cpu this mornin and it was a no post,i waited a while tried again still...NO POST! Ill have a FS thread up in a little while after i return every ones stuff.Thanks guys for making this a good year,Sorry im quitting the water gear moding....
 
BitchBreaker said:
Fook christmas! when my shuttle's psu died last week it killed my cpu! im done with moding,oc'ing,and every thing,im gona sell every thing i have pc wise and be done with it,i cant afford a new cpu so im tossing in the towel,I have 1 shroud left to do for a frined then its over...im so mad right now im sick.Cpt ill send the rad back to u when it gets here,dan ill send the water block back,Every one else im sorry but i cant take the loss..Im not sure as of yet if ill still be doing the mods to the tubes or the zilla's...ill talk to dan..i might still mod for snt but im not sure right now..this is a BIG loss to me. :( :( :(

EDIT: Just tested the cpu again and no post,I just checked the cpu this mornin and it was a no post,i waited a while tried again still...NO POST! Ill have a FS thread up in a little while after i return every ones stuff.Thanks guys for making this a good year,Sorry im quitting the water gear moding....

dude that sux :(

talk to shuttle, if their PSU detonated and took your CPU with it they should cover it...
 
Tried it.. statement from Tech suport "Im sorry but we cant be sure OUR psu killed your cpu,You might have tried overclocking it to far,dumped water in the system.Fact is if the mother board is ok then we dont have to buy a processor.Good day and call back with any questions or comments." Im gona go lay down and puke some more.
 
dude, just get some PoS celeron or sempron (depending on MB) proc, the slow ones are like fifty bucks. You'll still have intarwebnet and limited gaming.

I mean, I'm sitting here with a GeForce 3 with 32 megabytes of RAM in my 'puter, right next to the A643200+ for almost three months... But monneyz will arrive tomorrow morning.

Keep on moddin', aquazilla>*
 
I calmed down and my boys talked me back to [H]ardness..ill kjeep the moding up,I got paid and my mom sent me some X mas cash so i have enuff for a 3.2ee..where is the cheapest place to buy a 3.2ee D0 stepping? whats a good s code for them also? i really need help with this move and i want a 3.2ee so ill have ample speed..i cant get lucky enuff to get a nother rare ocer sl6wk D1 3.0c :( here is the final pic of the 3.0c sitting in its only real home its ever had.
p4.jpg
:( its the sadest day of loss for me.But never the less i shall work on and continue to do what i do best (machine the fook out of some metal!) all in the name of me even thinking about getting a oem pc like i was gona do today! thanks every one.
 
BitchBreaker, every fooking shipping store in Tampa closed early today, so I hold in my hand the PSU fans and rad mounts ... gah! I'll try to have someone ship them for me after I leave. I'll keep you updated either way.

And A P4 EE ain't half bad ;) ... Thats gonna get you somewhere at least. Good to see you back in buisness, can't have an unhappy master of metal on christmas eve, now can we? :D
 
nweibley said:
BitchBreaker, every fooking shipping store in Tampa closed early today, so I hold in my hand the PSU fans and rad mounts ... gah! I'll try to have someone ship them for me after I leave. I'll keep you updated either way.

And A P4 EE ain't half bad ;) ... Thats gonna get you somewhere at least. Good to see you back in buisness, can't have an unhappy master of metal on christmas eve, now can we? :D


No rush on the psu and stuff,Thanks for calling me "Master" now to get my gf to call me that..meh she calls me "Daddy" so i guess thats good enuff for now ;).ill keep every one updated on the zilla's and other mods, Dan confirmed he DID get the moded tubes the other day and they will be shipped asap.

Edit..cpu is a 3.2e,placed order few mins ago..will be here tuesday..maby
 
Bummer to hear about your losses BB, that always sucks.
I can relate though, I am sure many of us can. Do this crap for long enough and you have losses. I remember some 3 years ago or so when my friend first put a water cooling system in his rig. Stupid as he was he brought it to a LAN party and the fuckin thing sprung leaks all over his shit...smoke and sparks went a flying:eek:..haha! I can laugh now..well lets not lie I was laughing then too but I saw that look of horror in his face. And I wont deny blowing up my share of computer parts or having the POS blow up on its own and hating computers for it. But you live learn, and work an extra few hours that week for the money :p

You shouldn't leave, just take it in stride:) GL With your new shit!

Happy Holidays!! :D
 
BitchBreaker Yo!! Bro!!! Dont ever give up or throw the towel in. There is always an answer. Now that I have such a good freind I would hate to see him lock it up and throw the key away. You know if there is anything I can do I will. Im sorry to hear of the loss. BUT maybe its the mobo or something else. Of course Im not sure what youve done to check the chip out. But that EE is no slouch either. I will give ya a call in a while! Peace Bro!! And dont worry its all good.

The Captin
 
Thanks guys..im just so sad to lose the best cpu iv EVER had..i mean c'mon...3.0c that did 4.2 on water and stock volts..4.6 on 1.65v on phasechange..it was a true speed gem and will not be forgotten! Cpt ill be here all night,holla when ya get ready. And i made a typo..i orderd a 3.2E...not enuff grip in my ass to pull a 3.2EE out of the stocking but im praying for a D0 stepping :)
 
CopyCat said:
Bummer to hear about your losses BB, that always sucks.
I can relate though, I am sure many of us can. Do this crap for long enough and you have losses. I remember some 3 years ago or so when my friend first put a water cooling system in his rig. Stupid as he was he brought it to a LAN party and the fuckin thing sprung leaks all over his shit...smoke and sparks went a flying:eek:..haha! I can laugh now..well lets not lie I was laughing then too but I saw that look of horror in his face. And I wont deny blowing up my share of computer parts or having the POS blow up on its own and hating computers for it. But you live learn, and work an extra few hours that week for the money

You shouldn't leave, just take it in stride:) GL With your new shit!

Happy Holidays!! :D

LOL I would've been laughing too even though it sucks for him. Hell my X800XT PE fried at the beginning of this month and I've been without it ever since. ATi finally did ship me a replacement yesterday but now its stuck in Memphis, TN due to bad weather. :mad: Shit happens to everyone at some pt. just gotta deal with it and move on.
 
vapb400 said:
would the airplex evo 240 grill work w/ a black ice extreme II?

By default, no it does not fit. The holes on the BIX 2 have to be modified and its not as easy as some may think. Four of the holes on the grill line up with the radiator but the other 4 do not so you have to drill the radiator holes wider, close the gap with something like jb weld and then use a threaded insert like I did to get the metric screws to fit. I can give you tips on what to do if you decide to go that route but my suggestion to you would be to forego the BIX 2 and just get a heatercore + shroud. It would be much easier to drill a shroud than having to mess with the BIX 2 and you might get slightly better temps too.
 
Thought you said you didnt in your PM, if you got one ill order one from you ASAP thanks Dan
 
Dan you have any of the UV dye in stock? I may need some of that and some AC fluid in a week or two....I'll let ya know. And I recently remembered I still owe you a few bucks for those molex adaptors...
 
What are you guys using to clean the airplex's? Mine came kinda tarnished, and i can see someones fingerprint tarnished in, lol.
 
HybridHB said:
What are you guys using to clean the airplex's? Mine came kinda tarnished, and i can see someones fingerprint tarnished in, lol.

What I found will work wonders is just some good ole glass cleaner. If need further cleaning use some mild automotive polish and then wipe clean.
 
Ohhhh Yeaaa!!!!! :D My FX55 just showed up today MAN! :eek: Thats a really high class air cooler/heatsink/heatpipe they send it with. To bad for it i wont be using it. Cant wait!! All I need now is my res and stuff thats comming from Dan and I can finaly get after my watercooling system and Oc this muther to at least 3ghz. ;) speaking of which Dan any idea of the eta on the stuff? Also anyone know of any watercooled ram heat sinks I have a 1/2inch system (or are they worth it). Looking at the Gskill el PC4400 or the OCZ EL Platinum 4200 to cool. who knows maybe heat spreaders are enough?

The Capt.
 
I call dibs on the heat pipe thingy!! lol ...i to got a suprise today when i came home..my new rad was here! w00t for me! well it wasent long b4 i figured out the stock shroud just wasent gona cut it...so i did what i normaly do..build a custom one..i have a ruff cut pic of it along with a ruff idea of my water setup.. minus the NB block,compact 300 pump (i built a pump just to test with) and my resi..witch i have NO idea what im gona use for a resi...has to be small! proly end up building one out of billet alum..but thats got to wait on the pump nb block,and me to get off my a$$ and build the new cover.Also still waiting on my p4e....fedex says wednesday...
water5.jpg


shroud2.jpg
 
Gee thats a pretty radiator!! such a cute little fella. Looks right at home in there. Cant wait till you get your rig goin man!!! Im happy for ya!!! :D. Id be willin to bet that you will have that thing rockin and kickin ass in no time!!!

Cpt.
 
i hope to have the cpu some time this year!!! kinda stumped over the fan im gona run..i want to run a nice ass 60mm fan with a high cfm rate but i cant find one..any idea's? a full size 80mm is to fat and i want the rad inside the case. Can we say Fedex was smoking some Ganja? http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=696862683819 move damnit move i say! thats my cpu's road chart :( its not looking to good for the ontime deal..sux..i paid for 2nd day..but i orderd on friday..
 
topcat989 said:
Dan you have PM :)

Last Activity: Today 06:45 PM


no reply :(

Dan I understand you're probably swamped, and probably just popped in for a look/see, but when you get a chance if you could reply and LMK the answers to my questions, the answers will help determine which way i want to go. Thx :)
 
BitchBreaker said:
i hope to have the cpu some time this year!!! kinda stumped over the fan im gona run..i want to run a nice ass 60mm fan with a high cfm rate but i cant find one..any idea's? a full size 80mm is to fat and i want the rad inside the case. Can we say Fedex was smoking some Ganja? http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=696862683819 move damnit move i say! thats my cpu's road chart :( its not looking to good for the ontime deal..sux..i paid for 2nd day..but i orderd on friday..


My money says your CPU will be there tommorow worst case wensday. I have found that sometimes they dont update the online tracking like they should. Hell Ive had stuff delivered to me and still have it in the screen your on right now with them. Let me do some snoopin on a fan for ya Bro!!

Cptr
 
Captin Insano said:
My money says your CPU will be there tommorow worst case wensday. I have found that sometimes they dont update the online tracking like they should. Hell Ive had stuff delivered to me and still have it in the screen your on right now with them. Let me do some snoopin on a fan for ya Bro!!

Cptr

I hope it gets here tomorrow,if it does then i might just test out the rad and shroud im working on for Nathan! LOL,i found a Tt weird fan..its 50mm...fast..hurts whne i droped it on my nutz..but its to damn fat..the 90* fitting hits it!!! EDIT get your ass on aim!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top