Team 2405 appreciation thread! Pics, a poll, and comments about our baby!

Do you have a 2405?

• Total voters
I Love the 2405!!!
I've had it for 2 months, no problems :D

DSC02294.JPG

I checked Dell's site and apparently my GPU will not power the highest resolutions of this monitor. XFX 6600GT. Is that true? In that case, I'll buy a new GPU damnit.

velusip said:
I checked Dell's site and apparently my GPU will not power the highest resolutions of this monitor. XFX 6600GT. Is that true? In that case, I'll buy a new GPU damnit.

It will go up to 1920x1600 but you sure as hell aint gonna have playable framerates on a 6600GT.

[CaM]Spoon said:
wow over a grand on a monitor.. thats to much for me. Dont think this is happening.

I dont think anyone here payed over a grand for the 2405. You have to just wait for the coupons or get lucky calling in.

ahh its 12 ms! theres no way im getting a lcd with double digit ms. Mines 16 and i hate it.
I guess the new gateway is looking pretty nice at its 8ms i would buy it if i can get employee dicount. Damn i wish i got the job at best buy

velusip said:
Look at my sig. I have the exact same GPU powering this display. ;)

[CaM]Spoon said:
ahh its 12 ms! theres no way im getting a lcd with double digit ms. Mines 16 and i hate it.
I guess the new gateway is looking pretty nice at its 8ms i would buy it if i can get employee dicount. Damn i wish i got the job at best buy

Actually, its 16ms. But I simply don't notice the ghosting and I used to play on a 8ms Hyunda L90D+

I don't see any ghosting at all on my 2405FPW and I play a shitload of games on it'.

Would there be any way to watch digital cable on the 2405 (using a SA 3250HD box with dvi out?)

IceWind said:
It will go up to 1920x1600 but you sure as hell aint gonna have playable framerates on a 6600GT.

Unfortunately a playable framerate for me is about 100 frames lower than most people. I grew up always have ing a computer 5 years older than everyone elses so I'm used to 15-20 fps. 1920*1440 right now everything works great. Of course my crappy motherboard prevents me from cranking everything, but I dislike the blurriness of anti-alias anyway.

Hi all,

Just wanted to bring you guys attention to this thread titled: Transporting a 2005FPW to the LAN. He makes hand-made PADDED carry cases for both the 2005 AND 2405 for those who frequent LANs alot! :D

Check that thread out to see what top notch craftmanship this guy brings to his work, and for those of us (like me...) who owns a 2405 wanting something else other than that huge ass box the 2405 came with!

- KrulL

Back