Team 2405 appreciation thread! Pics, a poll, and comments about our baby!

Do you have a 2405?

• Total voters

Pinipig523

[H]ard|Gawd
We all love the 2405! It is relatively cheap, offers massive real estate, and offers excellent picture quality!

Only those who own the 2405 and those who wish to buy one should post here, no haters! J/K! :cool:

Here is a pic of my 2405 next to my old Samsung 193P:
47b5d622b3127cce936cbb71080400000016108AatnDJo5ZNm

I'll post more pics soon.

Oh and dont forget to add "Team 2405" to your sig so we can show everyone our 2405 pride. :D

Oh and participate in the poll so we know how many of us are lucky enough to own one (or more) of these bad boys!

If you dont got one, buy one and join the 2405 horde! :p

Go Team 2405!!

I had one for a week. Then my cousin broke it and I don't wanna spend another $800+ for another. So I am going to get a 2005FPW if I can ever find one for $380 shipped. Good luck I know. :(

Tiny said:
I had one for a week. Then my cousin broke it and I don't wanna spend another $800+ for another. So I am going to get a 2005FPW if I can ever find one for $380 shipped. Good luck I know. :(

Well I hope you get your 2005 soon. Good luck man!

I wish I had extra cash...

Until I get my bank account padded I'll need to make due with my 2005FPW.

(I payed $370 USD shipped for mine.)

Like I've said previously in many other threads, I am absolutely in love with my 2405, and it came absolutely perfect. No noise, dead pixels, or backlight bleeding. I would have its baby if I could.

Veritas616 said:
Like I've said previously in many other threads, I am absolutely in love with my 2405, and it came absolutely perfect. No noise, dead pixels, or backlight bleeding. I would have its baby if I could.

Hey, Veri, would you call this backlight bleeding or am I being to paranoid? Im just like having a coniption fit over here deciding what to do...

dellscrewedup5lr.jpg

K10 said:
team 2405 could be a new quake, doom, whatever clan.
Yeah man...and we could totally 0wn too, since we have such a wide viewing angle in games...sometimes that makes all the difference in a heated deathmatch! :cool:

1c3d0g said:
Yeah man...and we could totally 0wn too, since we have such a wide viewing angle in games...sometimes that makes all the difference in a heated deathmatch! :cool:

LOL! Hilarious!

Team 2405 should be a clan! That would be great!!

Our superior widescreens could tilt the game to our favor... yes the 24" screen pays off! :p

So what game?

Let's do this!! :mad: <- game face

IceWind said:
Hey, Veri, would you call this backlight bleeding or am I being to paranoid? Im just like having a coniption fit over here deciding what to do...

Looks good to me. Very very minor. Just be glad that you got no dead pixels - those are far more bothersome.

Joey

I have Doom3, CSS, and Unreal 2004.

I'm good for those three... I may have some more though. I dont play online too much.

Pinipig523 said:
Looks good to me. Very very minor. Just be glad that you got no dead pixels - those are far more bothersome.

Joey

You think? Hmm, one guy in the 2405FPW said it was the worse he's ever seen... :(

SWEET!! im part of this team :D This has got to be the team with the steepest entry fee lol anyways im gladly part of it, i will never be able to go 4:3 ratio again. GO TEAM 2405!! :D

IceWind said:
You think? Hmm, one guy in the 2405FPW said it was the worse he's ever seen... :(

Erm.. it looks sort of like mine. Ill take a pic later tonight. I'm fine with it. It doesnt bother me like a single dead pixel would. Maybe that's just me. ;)

Forsakenzoul said:
SWEET!! im part of this team :D This has got to be the team with the steepest entry fee lol anyways im gladly part of it, i will never be able to go 4:3 ratio again. GO TEAM 2405!! :D
Ahahaha!!! :p Damn straight pal! Oh man...I can only imagine if we ever show up together on a LAN party...the jealous looks...everybody moving aside 'cause the men have just arrived looking to kick ass...ROFL!!!

@ K10: don't even mention it...I could go crazy telling you everything that's so wrong here...I'd do anything legal to move to the U.S... :eek:

Forsakenzoul said:

VERY VERY true!

Welcome to the expensive baller TEAM 2405! LOL...

Hey IceWind,

Here is a pic of my 2405's backlight. So, I suppose yours is a little worse than mine. Sorry for the early comments. It's your call whether you want it RMAd. Do what you have to, man. Good luck!
47b5d605b3127cce93f70d72338400000016108AatnDJo5ZNm

Yours is perfect compared to mine. Shit.........I don't want one i'll get stuck with another one with dead pixels but iv'e only got 21 days...arrrrgh!!!!!

IceWind said:
Yours is perfect compared to mine. Shit.........I don't want one i'll get stuck with another one with dead pixels but iv'e only got 21 days...arrrrgh!!!!!

Dont they send you a replacement and you can check it up before you have to send yours back?

yeah they send you a replacement and then you send yours AFTER you get the new one. SO you can ask for a replacement and see if the one they sent you is better.

Forsakenzoul said:
yeah they send you a replacement and then you send yours AFTER you get the new one. SO you can ask for a replacement and see if the one they sent you is better.

Oh ok, might as well then, I spent good money on this and I don't wanna walk away half wishing it was better. Let me guess, they send your the replacement ground too?

Wow.. we got 27 + 2 = 29 owners of the 2405... didnt think there was that many in TEAM 2405.

I figured 15 tops...wowowow! There are many of us indeed.

:)

Wooo hooo!!! I called Dell and pleaded my case and I got a brand new 2405 on Next Day Air coming!!!!!!

Dell, you rock! Though this sucks for me, I don't know of any other company that would provide this level of service and quality satisfaction and I work in IT and i've seen alot of corporate BS before and Dell by far has been the easiest. :cool:

Took me 4 replacments to get a perfect one.. No dead pixels.. now.. Love me monitor :D

Tiny said:

Wow... I hope you broke your cousin after he did that... :eek: :mad:

I'm waiting for mine and have tried posting for people to post pics with games running at 1280x720 so I can see how it scales for games. No one has yet. :(

My cousin is 5, so she really can't pay for it. It was my fault anyway, I was babysitting her and I was showing her the Aqaurium screensaver and she threw her doll at the screen. I had completely forgotten that 4 months ago she was bitten by a carp and she hates fish now. My own stupidity cost me my 2405. :(

I'm waiting for mine and have tried posting for people to post pics with games running at 1280x720 so I can see how it scales for games. No one has yet.

Who plays games at that resolution? :confused:

When I get home I'll see if I can get Half-Life 2 running at that res and take some pics with my new SD400 that arrived today!

EDIT: oh wait a minute, isn't that an HDTV resolution or something?

Hi All,

Would all of you 2405FPW owners please wander on over to the "Input Lag" Poll and submit your answer? I'm trying to get a somewhat definitive answer on the pervasiveness of this problem.

Thanks!

H

Hurin said:
Hi All,

Would all of you 2405FPW owners please wander on over to the "Input Lag" Poll and submit your answer? I'm trying to get a somewhat definitive answer on the pervasiveness of this problem.

Thanks!

H

WTF are you talking about? :confused:

K10 said:
i have not experienced the input lag. not to sound like a prick, but how do you determine if the problem is significant based on such a small sample size?

Nah, that's a fair question. I just think it'll be interesting to hear how many of you actually notice the problem. So far, I'm encouraged that it's not widespread since nobody here actually notices it. Can't hurt to ask! And this seemed like a good place to advertise the existence of the poll.

Basically, more succinctly, I was hoping to hear you guys say that you don't notice it, and that's what's been happening. :)

H

Back