Takedown - June 6th 2013 screen shots

Indeed, but not "quick zooming". You'll have to play around with knobs and likely have to re-zero when you change the magnification.

First Focal Plane optics. Change your zoom level, and the crosshairs stay aligned. No need to rezero for altering ranges. Couple that with Bullet Drop Compensation posts (or Mil/Mil), and all you have to do is know your ammo, and you can reach out from 50-500yds by swapping powers on your optic, and knowing your drop.

New screen shots:

cf0f80afa173cdd40086428600750129.jpg

53c5ef4a09c62a124ecb6b6d963b2a16.jpg

1687f9293b7daabba6b0f2e75291d114.jpg

windowed pmags. nice!
I have a few myself :)

I sold all my windowed ones. :p

Is that honestly the CS oilrig stage?

Radar facility.

Edit: More information:

SP/co-op so far comprises of a 6 man squad which can be split into different insertion points.

PvP MP has two teams of 6 for a total of 12.

There will be a Tango Hunt mode, similar to Terrorist Hunt of older R6 games or the SWAT 4 Mission Designer.

MP modes include a capture and hold game mode.

Last edited:
I like what I'm seeing, though graphical quality could be quite a bit better.

That was supposed to be for Kickstarters only for now. Hence why it was posted in the KS section. :p

Agreed. It looks good enough and their realistic art style minimizes some of the overly bloomy affects we got used to in PC games, but it does look like some graphic options are not being utilized. I guess tessellation is still not in?

There is no blood, that must get fixed.
The scope on the gun is tinted red, but when he uses it it's 100% clear.
How does the crosshair work? It's just a dot.. i hope the bullets don't fly exactly where the dot is even when you are running..
A "threat neutralized" and "tango down" etc sound every time someone kills a terrorist would be nice, just like in RVS.

That was supposed to be for Kickstarters only for now. Hence why it was posted in the KS section. :p

I got it from an e-mail, not the forums, where I saw no mention to keep it private for KS backers. I figured it didn't matter since it was a public youtube video and probably wont take long to work its way onto gaming publications anyway... and more importantly I am just excited about the game and want to see others excited too :cool:.

I think the graphics are acceptable considering what the game is. For all intents its an indy game with a small budget. While they haven't talked about price, it was only $15 for KS, which was a discount, but still this isn't a $60 title here. I'd guess $30. It looks better than I expected.... and may still improve before release.

It looks good, but it does look like it is lacking some of the newer features of UE3. In which case, it might not take much effort to implement them. :p

The voices are not implemented yet though the recording session had ended before E3. I believe they are working towards implementing them in game now. I think the voice actor who does the mission briefings is the same guy who did them in SWAT 4.

Some other new confirmed features:

- 3D map that the player can view before each mission. Think Raven Shield, but the player can look at each part as they wish rather than it being a video. At least that is how I understand it.
- Multiple entry points where the team can split up at the start of each mission. I am not sure if this works with AI.
- Scopes do not artificially enhance accuracy. If you put a high powered scope on an inaccurate weapon you will simply be able to see further as it should be.

The M4A1 shown months ago in the initial screen shots is going to get a face lift as it was not up to par.

The (pre?)-Alpha build just dropped.

EDIT: Not sure how much can be talked about due to NDA, even though my comments were pretty general.

Last edited:
AI is pretty basic in that they either totally suck (usually from distance or if you use actual tactics) or they one-shot you instantly.
In keeping with the spirit of the Rainbow Six series.

I believe they're aiming for a Q4 release.

Played the alpha for a few hours yesterday. It is basic and very incomplete, but that is what an alpha is. AI does need a lot of work, though I assume they are working on that. So far the maps and movement certainly have a Raven Shield feel. Weapon penetration works great as well.

What are we allowed to say about the alpha? There is an NDA in place.

That's so true. The spin and snipe from the tangos was a trademark of the R6 series.
Btw, some of these new screenshots? http://takedownthegame.com/pre-alpha-screenshots/
The ones towards the bottom, I don't remember seeing the lab pictures before.
anyone remember how tangos in RVS used to slide half way across the map to get in shots at you?...sometimes they would even do it while crouched. It was so retarded but kinda hilarious at the same time, or infuriating when they managed to kill you because of it. So yeah, hope that's not in it :p

also those screens have been out for quite a while.

The AI isn't that good, though I imagine it will get better as the game nears competition. As of now they do remind me of the AI in Raven Shield. In not such a good way. :p

The AI isn't that good, though I imagine it will get better as the game nears competition. As of now they do remind me of the AI in Raven Shield. In not such a good way. :p

I remember the stretch goal was (I think? Maybe it was GB) a more advanced AI plugin from a 3rd party. Maybe they'll get some capital closer to launch to implement it. I think it costs like $250k. For this game to be truly great, they need to program in some complex AI - I'm talking each tango/npc gets it's own personality assigned (random?) when you load the map. Values to determine if the particular NPC is: trained (ie: just out of basic tango school, or a hardcore veteran), psychotic (wants to kill the hostages or feels empathy), cowardice, etc etc. The values would determine if the tango cuts and runs at the sign of trouble, uses tactics to flank you, just shoots everybody, is skitish (ie: shoots at noises), or camps a corner. Remember when the AI in R6 would go berserk?

Last edited:
I remember the stretch goal was (I think? Maybe it was GB) a more advanced AI plugin from a 3rd party. Maybe they'll get some capital closer to launch to implement it. I think it costs like $250k. For this game to be truly great, they need to program in some complex AI - I'm talking each tango/npc gets it's own personality assigned (random?) when you load the map. Values to determine if the particular NPC is: trained (ie: just out of basic tango school, or a hardcore veteran), psychotic (wants to kill the hostages or feels empathy), cowardice, etc etc. The values would determine if the tango cuts and runs at the sign of trouble, uses tactics to flank you, just shoots everybody, is skitish (ie: shoots at noises), or camps a corner. Remember when the AI in R6 would go berserk?

That was GB. Takedown has promised good AI and it is supposed to be a development priority, so I assume it will get better.

SWAT 4 had what you described. Some suspects would surrender easily, others would require being flashed/gassed, and others would simply not surrender. I hope Takedown ends up with similar AI. Different types of RoE, from arresting as a priority to killing as a priority would be great as well to make the gameplay feel less flat. R6 and SWAT each had their own set of RoE, and it would be nice for a game that features both depending on the mission to keep things from getting stale.

That was GB. Takedown has promised good AI and it is supposed to be a development priority, so I assume it will get better.

SWAT 4 had what you described. Some suspects would surrender easily, others would require being flashed/gassed, and others would simply not surrender. I hope Takedown ends up with similar AI. Different types of RoE, from arresting as a priority to killing as a priority would be great as well to make the gameplay feel less flat. R6 and SWAT each had their own set of RoE, and it would be nice for a game that features both depending on the mission to keep things from getting stale.
Agreed. I made a comment on the gameplay footage video that it seemed like it was focusing more on elimination, which I don't mind, but I hope it will offer scenarios when you try to apprehend suspects as well. Maybe expand on that and have small interrogations that can be relayed to the rest of the team to help progress through a stage.

Agreed. I made a comment on the gameplay footage video that it seemed like it was focusing more on elimination, which I don't mind, but I hope it will offer scenarios when you try to apprehend suspects as well. Maybe expand on that and have small interrogations that can be relayed to the rest of the team to help progress through a stage.

We'll see how it pans out. But attempting to stun/arrest suspects in SWAT is what adds to the tension, quick thinking, and quick micromanagement. If they don't cooperate, drop them. Better than killing everyone with a weapon on sight all the time.

I appreciate the articles, but 80% of them are always the same. :p

I am mainly looking forward to seeing more content on AI commands and how the AI is coming along.

Last game play videos (including the Alpha) were based on a pre-E3 build so I bet a decent amount of changes have been made since.

Here is a fly through of the Radar map:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sBsri6Uu0dY

Last edited:
^ The user created content will be the best part of Takedown. A step back in time to community involvement rather than DL$ packs forced and shoveled out by fuck publishers.

Back