Takedown - June 6th 2013 screen shots

I backed this on the very first day and have been very patiently waiting alongside the from whom I've played massive amounts of SWAT 4 CO-OP with. Coincidentally, I will be in his neck of the woods while I'm out of town, so I may still get a chance to see how it looks and feels. But this was definitely something I would have enjoyed waiting up all night for it to unlock. Oh well... I'll be back the 23rd, so I won't miss out for to long.

I will be back on the 23rd as well. :eek:

I'll probably get a pair of the game ($21 for me anyways) so I can play with a friend. Should be fun :).

All I ask is for the multiplayer of Raven Shield and the graphics of Crysis.

Really, so long as the graphics are immersive, I'm happy. I say I want Crysis, but really I just want to pick up a Raven Shield that doesent look like it was published in 2003.

Man I loved that game....

Really, so long as the graphics are immersive, I'm happy. I say I want Crysis, but really I just want to pick up a Raven Shield that doesent look like it was published in 2003.

Man I loved that game....

Good news is that player VS player is the easiest type of game to make, and I think this game will deliver on that front. If that is your preferred game mode out of Raven Shield, then pre-order if you have not already.

I was playing Raven Shield not too long ago myself. I have forgotten how to make them open doors before throwing grenades in the pre-mission planning phase. Either that, or that particular room/door is bugged because I had two fireteams approach a door and throw a grenade at closed doors on both ends of the same room... :D

I used to love playing the original Rainbow Six/Eagle Watch and try to make the AI beat the level using only the planning phase. Needless to say it was extremely frustrating at times and almost impossible. :D

The weapons sound a little generic imo. Why are they not using the weapon sounds from the live-fire recording event that they did? I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact they they weren't shooting full-auto and the sampled sounds of auto firing was to different from their own live weapons sounds?

I too am starting to feel a little underwhelmed about Takedown now. Watching that vid it seems a step back from RVS. I hope modders will take this and run with it.

I think they are the real sounds, but they didn't have the time/additional sound engineers to make it sound right in the engine. Though real firearms do sound more "flat" for lack of a better word than most games, I do agree these don't sound all that great.

I personally hope some weapon packs come along quickly.

Just pre-ordered, can't wait. So thrilled to play a new release that focuses on teamwork and strategy instead of explosions and DirectX effects showcasing.

Just learned there is no VoIP....

Were you expecting it to? There's multi-million dollar budget games that lack it (BF3), I wouldnt expect a team of like six people with a tiny budget to work that in. That's a waste of resources when there are acceptable third party solutions.

Keys are out for Kickstarters. Just activated mine.

I'll be checking it out at my buddies Saturday. I fly home late Monday. I'll have to chose between spending time with the wife after not seeing her for two weeks, or video games. With this and GTA V, its a tough choice :D

It briefly made # 20 in the Steam top sellers list. Hopefully that means it is selling nicely.

Seems unlocked now. Going to try it out!

Aaaaaand stuck in a .NET framework installation loop. *sigh*

Up to the #8 spot. So they are getting some sales. I wonder if they will share sales data with KSers.

Those who get to play it today... Tell us how it is!

First impressions: Graphics are not amazing but adequate and possibly a little better than I expected. Customization seems cool. However, the AI is either completely retarded, running around like a chicken with no head, or a crazy aimbot that one-shots you the instant a sliver of your head rounds the corner. I guess that is like classic Raven Shield, though.

Also, lean feels useless in this..it's like you pivot weird and really don't gain any extra view by doing it. Plus, most annoyingly, you can't actually lean while moving. So you have to set yourself up in the perfect spot and THEN lean when you are stationary. Kinda makes it not even worth doing.

Looking forward to playing some actual co-op...friendly AI is equally retarded...they will yell "TANGO SPOTTED" or "FIRING" and then just sit there and not do anything.

First Impressions:

* Very little graphics options. Just resolution and low/medium/high. It uses the Unreal engine so I'm sure there is a cfg file somewhere to play around with. Haven't looked yet.

* Not a very polished game, but that is to be expected given its low budget.

* Weapons physics seem pretty good. Shooting from the hip is ill advised.

* No build-in VoIP

* Minimal animations and effects in shootouts. This game is all about the gameplay, not the presentation.

* Don't get shot. It hurts.

EDIT: Crashes when I close it and forgets all my custom settings every time I open it. Prepare to be frustrated with this game until the developer works on it for a few more weeks.

Last edited:
Well the long and short of it is that this pretty much is kinda crappy. I know the team isn't that big and all that, but with the time spent working on it I certainly don't see where the time went.

Graphics are decent really, typical UE3 type stuff. Looks exactly like R6 Vegas.

Controls and movement are SEVERELY lacking considering this is supposed to be a "tactical" shooter. ARMA 3 does it MUCH better.

A.I. as was mentioned above is either A.) Completely retarded or B.) Wall hackers that drop you a femtosecond after they "see" you.

Now like I said, I know it's a small team...but given what I've seen so far...yeah...it's pretty garbage. SWAT 4 and Vegas 1/2 do it better. ARMA 3 isn't even a comparison.

3/10. Only gets 3 points from me for the fact that they at least tried...I guess...wonder if anyone that helped make it actually played it.

I do agree that ArmA 3 does CQB way better than this, which is a little sad actually considering it's not a CQB-centric game at all.

I hope Serellan keeps up support after release and keeps adding content and polishing the game a bit more. Lack of polish is definitely what I would say is the game's largest fault.

I do agree that ArmA 3 does CQB way better than this, which is a little sad actually considering it's not a CQB-centric game at all.

I hope Serellan keeps up support after release and keeps adding content and polishing the game a bit more. Lack of polish is definitely what I would say is the game's largest fault.

Not just lack of polish but lack of damn anything...how you gonna have a tactical shooter like this that SUPPOSED to be some spiritual Rainbow Six successor and shit and churn out a completely generic shooter with zero tactical anything? Screw adding content and polish, this needs to be taken back to the drawing board and re-evaluated completely.

Such a disappointment...:mad:

I don't think it's a total loss, but I do agree it needs to be put back in the oven for awhile. I guess for a $15 title though it's about what I expected.

Really disappointed with this game as well. I was hoping this would be some sort of Ravenshield of 2013 but what they created is pretty far from that. So many things in this game are wrong.

No leaning while walking, teammate AI have an IQ of bread, enemy AI either too or you are dead the second they see you. The whole game in general feels really crappy to play.

And if you take out all the things they did wrong about this trying to be a good, tactical shooter game.. how on earth can game devs make server lobbies, but then have no chat option in the lobby? Yo, it's 2013? The absence of such basic functions cannot be excused with things like time constraint or budget constraint etc.

But for me the funniest part is when you chat ingame during a match. They have made Microsoft Sam part of this game! It reads out everything you write (or tries, more or less successfully). How could they not realize what kind of joke feature that is? Try it out. You will laugh your ass off.

Back to Ravenshield I guess. That game, released in 2003, is 500 times better than this..

Last edited:
My main concern is that I thought this might be a resurgence in the tactical FPS genre. With this being the "flagship" of that, I don't see it happening.

Supposedly this game is going to have really good mod support, so maybe the community will bring it up to snuff.

My main concern is that I thought this might be a resurgence in the tactical FPS genre. With this being the "flagship" of that, I don't see it happening.

Supposedly this game is going to have really good mod support, so maybe the community will bring it up to snuff.

The community would be better off just designing their own game instead of trying to FIX this P.O.S...man, I know sound bitter as hell, but this is just like wtf disappointing.

What happened with all the talk about it being a "thinking mans" shooter and all the talk about tactical this and that? Just fuckin crazy! I'm hoping the dev's released this version on Steam as a joke or something.

Christian did register an account here and post a few times during the initial Kickstarter campaign, so he may decide to pop back in here to allay some concerns. Maybe.

What concerns? That the game will be scrapped and remade? :rolleyes:

Check out the forums: http://www.serellan.com/forums/

Half the new threads are bashing this game and not a single developer or moderator has said shit. They know the game is crap, why they released it I have no idea...

What concerns? That the game will be scrapped and remade? :rolleyes:

Check out the forums: http://www.serellan.com/forums/

Half the new threads are bashing this game and not a single developer or moderator has said shit. They know the game is crap, why they released it I have no idea...

Probably no choice. They didn't fund via Kickstarter, they got some startup with that and used it to convince other investors. So those people probably saw that it was going nowhere, were tired of throwing money at it and said "Ship it." That'll happen sometimes, they decide to cut their losses, force ship a game, recoup what they can, and move on.

I know that from the gamer's standpoint that always seems like a bad decision, but it isn't always from an investor's standpoint. You may see that the developers have no clear idea as to what they are doing, lack the skill to get things polished up and working well, and so on and as such no matter how much you spend, you aren't going to have a good product. So in that case it makes financial sense to stop spending on development and sell what you've got to try and recoup something.

Back