Takedown - June 6th 2013 screen shots

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Second Edit:

Takedown is going to release of September 20th. Pre-order is up on Steam at the moment.

New videos & content:
http://kotaku.com/takedown-lets-you-live-your-dream-of-being-a-mercenary-1277666871

Bullet penetration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GVVpf7hwpjc#t=11

Loadout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55tBLuoF1y0&feature=youtu.be

Kill House fly through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlTriYv651M&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8JL21H0agSRcIDCjPiPgLg

Radar Station fly through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBsri6Uu0dY&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8JL21H0agSRcIDCjPiPgLg

Facility UDK screen shot:
9625225450_f06133af6a_b.jpg

Edit: new screen shots today from E3:

cf0f80afa173cdd40086428600750129.jpg

53c5ef4a09c62a124ecb6b6d963b2a16.jpg

1687f9293b7daabba6b0f2e75291d114.jpg

Here are some new screen shots of Takedown, a spiritual successor to games like SWAT/ old Rainbow 6 and other close quarters tactical shooters of the past.

dRoHp6gh.jpg

8iJU27Dh.jpg

OwIfgpuh.jpg

q80jcV3h.jpg

mFI1rpbh.jpg

SFLSNcsh.jpg

pXLzTeIh.jpg

More screen shots and behind the scenes development shots can be seen here:
http://www.serellan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2234-content-release/#entry45224

During E3 there will be more media. If you are a Kickstarter check the forums as they have something very big coming along for us rather soon.

So far progress seems to be on track.

Auto shoot from a few months back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-52gFI7b9I&feature=player_embedded

Glad to see this project moving forward. SWAT 4 and Raven Shield are just too old and I am looking forward to playing a similar game with modern technology.

Last edited:
oh my god... hairs on my neck just stood up. I can hear the RVS menu music replaying in my head.

:O <3

If it was like SWAT 4 with stealth, words couldn't express how amazing it would be.

My personal observation:

It seems to be more like SWAT 4, with an ROE more similar to Rainbow 6. I may be proven wrong though.

jeebus

that's going to be a GPU melter

UE3, doubt it will push PCs that hard. The game may not even make use of all of the latest graphic features of UE3. Something I don't agree with them on is they seem to be keeping performance degrading features out of the game, such as 3D scopes or global reflections.

But, graphically, it does get the job done and it does look nice as it is.

jeebus

that's going to be a GPU melter

Lol, wat? Honestly I was thinking they really need to get some tessellation up on that bitch...character models look polygon-tastic.

Still, very excited for this...I kickstarted so hopefully we'll see an alpha/beta soon.

Lol, wat? Honestly I was thinking they really need to get some tessellation up on that bitch...character models look polygon-tastic.

Still, very excited for this...I kickstarted so hopefully we'll see an alpha/beta soon.

Check the Kickstarter section on the forums. ;) There is some extra info that we can't release to the public.

As for tessellation, sign up on the forums and let them know. I honestly do not know what to ask/suggest for aside from "add tessellation". If you know more about it then feel free to post it in the Kickstarter section. Graphics aren't everything but they might as well use what is readily available in the engine.

Yeah, sadly I haven't really been keeping up on the forums so I'll have to check it out now that we're getting closer to an actual release (presumably).

Perfect clear crisp graphics and beautiful art! No bullshit. This can happen in 2013? WTF

Yeah, sadly I haven't really been keeping up on the forums so I'll have to check it out now that we're getting closer to an actual release (presumably).

I think it is official, 2013 release date for PC and Xbox 360. There is a press release for 505 on many gaming websites. PC will come first and maybe if porting is quick and easy the 360 version will come out at the same time or shortly after. PS3 version is a ways off I would imagine.

Though I am sure the vast majority of us only care for the PC version. ;)

Perfect clear crisp graphics and beautiful art! No bullshit. This can happen in 2013? WTF

Small professional team and a clear vision. :)

I think it is official, 2013 release date for PC and Xbox 360. There is a press release for 505 on many gaming websites. PC will come first and maybe if porting is quick and easy the 360 version will come out at the same time or shortly after. PS3 version is a ways off I would imagine.

Though I am sure the vast majority of us only care for the PC version. ;)

Small professional team and a clear vision. :)

I'm hoping for the rest of the aspects of this game to match the class of these visuals. How about some good hit detection, smooth performance, and riddance of any consolitis? Geek gasm haha 8)

^ Wow that first screenshot looks great...certainly have come a long way since they posted their initial screens. :eek: :eek: :eek:

^ Wow that first screenshot looks great...certainly have come a long way since they posted their initial screens. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think it has been in development for 12 months now. Maybe 11. Don't recall when the actual development started, May or June 2012. Just goes to show you what a dedicated team can do in such a short time. :D

I'm hoping for the rest of the aspects of this game to match the class of these visuals. How about some good hit detection, smooth performance, and riddance of any consolitis? Geek gasm haha 8)

Depending on what I can or can't say, maybe I can comment on those things in the coming weeks. ;) In the next few days we will all get to see some more content that will be more interesting than screen shots.

UE3, doubt it will push PCs that hard. The game may not even make use of all of the latest graphic features of UE3. Something I don't agree with them on is they seem to be keeping performance degrading features out of the game, such as 3D scopes or global reflections.

But, graphically, it does get the job done and it does look nice as it is.

So they won't have FPS 3d sight transitions? Are they going to just use a pre-rendered screen overlay or are they going full R6 with no gun in the first person window?

I like it, although it's not as graphical as games can be. It's a nice step to a foundation. If it does well enough, a sequel or expansion could build heavily on it. Heck, a sequel built on UE4 as a PC first platform would instantly give it access to very powerful visuals and easy porting (from what it sounds like). Remember the jump from R6 to Raven Shield?

Although I know you can't comment on a lot. Is Lockdown focusing on R6/S4 style CQB-esque maps? I wouldn't mind this, as Ground Branch seems to be focusing on more Ghost Recon-esque style maps (open terroritory). So it gives them each a slight niche. It's nice to have these games coming out with pure vision driven development over the usual cookiecutter shareholder/PR/marketing-research driven approaches.

So they won't have FPS 3d sight transitions? Are they going to just use a pre-rendered screen overlay or are they going full R6 with no gun in the first person window?

I like it, although it's not as graphical as games can be. It's a nice step to a foundation. If it does well enough, a sequel or expansion could build heavily on it. Heck, a sequel built on UE4 as a PC first platform would instantly give it access to very powerful visuals and easy porting (from what it sounds like). Remember the jump from R6 to Raven Shield?

Although I know you can't comment on a lot. Is Lockdown focusing on R6/S4 style CQB-esque maps? I wouldn't mind this, as Ground Branch seems to be focusing on more Ghost Recon-esque style maps (open terroritory). So it gives them each a slight niche. It's nice to have these games coming out with pure vision driven development over the usual cookiecutter shareholder/PR/marketing-research driven approaches.

Weapons in the first person are planned as are iron sights. 3D scopes will likely not make the game due to performance reasons. So instead we will likely get BF3 style 2D scopes. The difference between a "3D scope" and 2D are described here:

http://www.serellan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2162-3d-scopes-or-2d-scopes-what-do-you-prefer/

3D scopes tend to cut performance down, but in RO2 (also UE3) on my GTX 670/AMD 965 I see no performance change when using 3D scopes or when not using them. But for this performance reason, essentially the only retail game that used 3D scopes I can think of are RO1/2 and Insurgency (when it is released).

Map size is what you see here. Raven Shield and SWAT 4 size and style. In doors mostly. This is easier and you can leave out explosive devices, belt fed MGs, ect. IMO a good decision to keep it simple for the initial game and focus on the core (AI command menu, AI).

With all the good news comes some bad:
- No buttstock hitting to subdue hostages or bad guys. Not in the initial release at least.
- Empty reload animations may not make it in. They are working towards both sets but they are not going to make any promises. Which is too bad if they don't, as Raven Shield and SWAT 4 had them.

Overall I like the direction it is going in. A lot of small updates in the Kickstarter section and Christian does a good job telling us about certain game design decisions. For example, the odd coloration of the Radar map is because that is how arctic installations are painted in the real world. Prevents people from going crazy in such a dull environment. :) Likewise, the abnormally bright yellow helipad circle only looks abnormally bright from that angle which can not be seen in game. Just an engine bug. Or how they detailed the process for weapon sound recording.

Can someone comment on the following -

Can you do planning or at least execute coordinated room to room takedowns (I know :p) with commands? But this question I think also is dependent somewhat on the next question.

Is this more single player oriented, multiplayer versus, or coop?

Can someone comment on the following -

Can you do planning or at least execute coordinated room to room takedowns (I know :p) with commands? But this question I think also is dependent somewhat on the next question.

Is this more single player oriented, multiplayer versus, or coop?

Co-op was stated as the primary focus, with SP following. Co-op/SP will be the same missions. Think early R6/SWAT (aka Police Quest). Multiplayer VS has been working for months.

The specific AI command options are unknown, though it has been stated as a large development focus some months back. I will hope there will be hold and go commands. Team size will probably be around 6.

Pre-mission planning will probably be more like SWAT 4 with a map, multiple insertion points, and weapon/body armor customization. Advanced waypoint setting as seen in early R6 games will likely not be in.

So SWAT 4 is the closer comparison then R6? Will there be rules of engagement and lethal/non-lethal considerations?

I was looking for more coop/SP actually so that is good to hear. Not really that interested in versus for these style of games although maybe this will turn out different and more interesting to me in that area. Was actually worried whether or not the focus would be MP versus instead.

So SWAT 4 is the closer comparison then R6? Will there be rules of engagement and lethal/non-lethal considerations?

I was looking for more coop/SP actually so that is good to hear. Not really that interested in versus for these style of games although maybe this will turn out different and more interesting to me in that area. Was actually worried whether or not the focus would be MP versus instead.

As there likely will not be pre-mission waypoint setting, I am going with closer to SWAT. This is based on personal observation and comments from the devs. I may be wrong. ROE will vary from mission to mission. I know one mission does not have hostages, or at least it did not back when they first presented it. On the other hand, some missions do have hostages and civilians.

Less lethal weapons, save for flash bangs, are still up in the air as far as I know. Melee to subdue civilians will not be in though.

As Raven Shield had less hostages than SWAT and an approach that focused more in lethality rather than arresting it makes me think Takedown will be more like SWAT with an R6 ROE (rules of engagement). Which is fine by me.

I to am mainly interested in the SP, with co-op secondary. I am not that interested in the VS modes but will try them anyways.

I KSed this the first day, and I've been anxiously awaiting since. Swat 4 is probably my favorite game ever. I'm excited to find out if this will really live up to that.

nice! thanks for posting Flogger. coop till four in the morning+ over here, for a couple months anyway. :)
I thought they were trying to get this into esports for vs mode, iirc read somewhere?

nice! thanks for posting Flogger. coop till four in the morning+ over here, for a couple months anyway. :)
I thought they were trying to get this into esports for vs mode, iirc read somewhere?

I honestly did not follow that stuff much. I think a lot of the extras may not make the initial release and they are focusing on the core game.

the first screenshot makes me want a Takedown vs. Payday crossover. Someone must have done that, it would be pretty interesting. :D

Interestingly 505 is also publishing Payday 2.

So it's going to happen? :D

Would be kind of interesting mixing the run and gun semi tactical gameplay of Payday for the robbers with the seemingly slower more tactical gameplay of this for the SWAT guys.

Would be pretty easy to have some kind of other simpler crossover (as the police in Payday already look like that).

I can't wait to play this... it's been too long since I've played a good tactical shooter.

So it's going to happen? :D

Would be kind of interesting mixing the run and gun semi tactical gameplay of Payday for the robbers with the seemingly slower more tactical gameplay of this for the SWAT guys.

Would be pretty easy to have some kind of other simpler crossover (as the police in Payday already look like that).

Outside of a large mod for Takedown, no. Different developers ect.

I'm really looking forward to this game.
I'm also looking forward to Ground Branch which is a similar game.
Raven Shield is the best game i have ever played, i played it for many years and have many nice memories of it.

They said they would only put as much effort as it would take to make the graphics decent but nowhere near eye-candy. If the graphics look like that, then the gameplay should be awesome IF they hold their word which I really hope. Looking forward to this game!

Weapons in the first person are planned as are iron sights. 3D scopes will likely not make the game due to performance reasons. So instead we will likely get BF3 style 2D scopes. The difference between a "3D scope" and 2D are described here:

http://www.serellan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2162-3d-scopes-or-2d-scopes-what-do-you-prefer/

3D scopes tend to cut performance down, but in RO2 (also UE3) on my GTX 670/AMD 965 I see no performance change when using 3D scopes or when not using them. But for this performance reason, essentially the only retail game that used 3D scopes I can think of are RO1/2 and Insurgency (when it is released).

Seems dumb reasons for a game that will come out in 2014 and not use any particularly complex shaders. If it was being released in 2007, maybe, but not it just seems kind of stupid.

Seems dumb reasons for a game that will come out in 2014 and not use any particularly complex shaders. If it was being released in 2007, maybe, but not it just seems kind of stupid.

UE3 scales very nicely across many types of hardware and is modder friendly. This will do wonders for attracting a large player base and will contribute to its longevity.

I agree, but this is a problem in all engines and the reason why games like BF3 and Crysis 1-3 do not feature 3D scopes. As mentioned, only two retail games in history have used the feature. I don't see any other game developers changing this until they can solve (if possible) performance hits for rendering two scenes at once.

If this were Cryengine 3 I would see the logic as it already requires a high end system. A 40-50% performance drop in that engine when using 3D scopes would bring the majority of PCs to their knees for years to come. But this is UE3; not exactly demanding. By the time the game hits retail you can probably find GTX 580 performance level cards for $150 all day long. GTX 660s are already down to $165 or so. And those would likely be enough to get 50-60 frame rates in this or any UE3 game at 1080.

Maybe some mods will add it in then.

UE3 scales very nicely across many types of hardware and is modder friendly. This will do wonders for attracting a large player base and will contribute to its longevity.

Exactly why, IMO, 3D scope performance hit is not much of an issue IMO. I'd think a GTX 660 and HD7870 will max this game out with 3D scopes and get a good 50 or so frame rates most of the time. I would also think it would be easy to disable and make it all zoom in like BF3/Crysis through the main menu graphics options. RO1 had the option for both 3D and 2D scopes.

Oh be quiet, its fine.
/pun:D

They're at E3 now:

index.php

index.php

Alienware PC will be used to play the game with. In the 2nd pic it looks like someone is using a scope, but it looks like the crappy ArmA 2 style. Maybe that will change by release.

Back