Summer/Fall Giveaway!

Congrats. Maybe one day I will be able to win one of these....Munkle should be able to get a decent PPD out of that hardware.

sigh...next month

congratulations guys!!!

Munkle def deserves it

Congratulations to the winners and good show from everyone involved.

As for myself, I figured how to get another 2000ppd out of this old Dellbomination, so now I'm ready for the next time around!

Congratulations to the winners and good show from everyone involved.

As for myself, I figured how to get another 2000ppd out of this old Dellbomination, so now I'm ready for the next time around!

Good...glad to hear it... I am thinking the stakes will be raised for the next one... as its a bigger giveaway...

Good...glad to hear it... I am thinking the stakes will be raised for the next one... as its a bigger giveaway...

Oh... Do tell. What will we see in the next give-away! I will be eager to find out...

Kyle sent me a PM a few min ago....
Let's all give our congrats to munkel!

Edit:

The 2nd place winner is Sgraffite!

I will be sending out PMs later today after I get home from work.
Woo hoo! I think this is the first giveaway of anything I have ever won!

'Grats! I better break down and get a better processor, I don't think the 'ole 720 will cut it much longer... For folding purposes, is it better to get a hex, or a high end quad?

So... I had a PM this morning when I logged in.. and I was thinking maybe I'd gotten lucky! (I don't tend to get PMs very often)

NOT! ;) Someone was asking about an item in a dead FS/T thread of mine.

That said, Gratz to the winners, can't wait to see whats next!

'Grats! I better break down and get a better processor, I don't think the 'ole 720 will cut it much longer... For folding purposes, is it better to get a hex, or a high end quad?

Hex if you are staying with AMD. SMP loves cores and clockspeed

Thanks to all who donated parts. We couldn't have done it without you. This was a team effort and not the result of just one person. Great job team!!

I just shipped the prizes. I need to tell Kyle to pick winners that live closer to me :p

$59 later, parts on on the way! I will send PMs with tracking info later today.

I just shipped the prizes. I need to tell Kyle to pick winners that live closer to me :p

$59 later, parts on on the way! I will send PMs with tracking info later today.

East Coast? Utah is kind of in the middle but not really :p

Received new video cards today :)

Old 6800GS video card removed:
pic00.jpg

Two MSI 450GTS's installed:
pic01.jpg

After digging up an SLI bridge, I did some research prior to booting up, and realized the Asus P5K-E doesn't even support SLI. So I removed one card and put it in another computer with identical hardware, but with a larger case:
pic02.jpg

Cabling is a mess, but these are both Lian Li cases from before they made it convenient to hide cables.

+1 internets if you can figure out what I'm using for a mousepad in the second pic
+2 internets if you can figure out what's going on on the right side of the 3rd pic

I think my smaller case many not be able to handle dispensing the CPU and GPU heat fast enough. It's a 10 year old Lian Li case with only 80mm fans, and no side or top vents. Maybe I should look into open-air options.

I think my smaller case many not be able to handle dispensing the CPU and GPU heat fast enough. It's a 10 year old Lian Li case with only 80mm fans, and no side or top vents. Maybe I should look into open-air options.
or get out the drill and make with some 120mm mounts. I did it to one of my old cases and it didn't turn out too bad, actually.

or get out the drill and make with some 120mm mounts. I did it to one of my old cases and it didn't turn out too bad, actually.

I thought about that, but I'd need to buy 120mm fans as all I have on hand are 80mm. I think I'd rather put that money towards a new case instead.

I thought about that, but I'd need to buy 120mm fans as all I have on hand are 80mm. I think I'd rather put that money towards a new case instead.

My cases are a cardboard box (often the mobo box) and a few zip ties. No cooling problems there. ;)

Got it took put together and it is folding now. (the fans really are spinning, I don't fold passively :p, It's bolted to a sheet of plexiglass with standoffs so don't worry about shorting out on the case:p)

1) Back of a slim jewel CD case ?
2) You mean the re routing of the power cable to power a miniITX or similar system setup in a 5.25" bay ?

+1 internets if you can figure out what I'm using for a mousepad in the second pic
+2 internets if you can figure out what's going on on the right side of the 3rd pic

My cases are a cardboard box (often the mobo box) and a few zip ties. No cooling problems there. ;)

I don't want to risk starting a fire :p I was thinking more along the lines of Spotswood's "cases".

1) Back of a slim jewel CD case ?
2) You mean the re routing of the power cable to power a miniITX or similar system setup in a 5.25" bay ?

No, too big to be a CD case.

There are two power supplies, but the other is not for a miniITX system.

2.237, [H]ard I know :p I have no idea how to oc this beast, my sb rig is just up the multi. :p

The multi should get ya over 3 on it's own.

Then give it a bit more power and multi.

If you wana get [H]ard with it, PM musky or tobit.

That's the L5630 right? It's max turbo speed is around 2.4 iirc.

That being said, you could probably just leave everything on auto, crank bclk to 200, and set your RAM ratio and voltage.

Back