Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

Alright, lets go over what I've bought as of the last month and a half.

First was the THQ Pack, $54.49
I was convinced to buy Garry's Mod and TF2, both good, $27.24 however TF2 was not on sale I do not believe
World of Goo and Civ III: complete at $10.88, liked world of goo, havnt played Civ III.
Mirrors Edge, QuantZ, Evil Genius, The secret of monkey island: $13.05, Evil genius is ok, monkey island I do not like, same with quantz, but I'd be fine paying $20 for Mirrors edge after playing it. it was fun.
Bought Zeno Clash $5.56, have yet to play it.

Now, on to the year end sales.

Eidos Pack, Unreal Deal, Star Wars: KOTOR, Rockstar collection, Audiosurf, Borderlands: $165.08. Biggest chunk of change, but well worth it I think. I still question the rockstar collection, but nothing I can do now.
Oh, I'll mention, I bought The Last Remnant and Torchlight before the current sales, Paid $10.89 each.
Defense Grid: The Awakening, Bioshock, FarCry 2: $28.20 damn my decision to get bioshock only for it to go down to $5 later. Oh well.
Left 4 Dead 2: $36.50 a little expensive, but I've had enough fun with it so far to say it was certainly worth it, infact, I have yet to install anything from the Eidos pack yet.
Got Dead Space, DoD:S $13.82
Crysis Complete $14.81
Shattered Horizon 4 pack: $16.34, a fun game, not perfect, but fun. Gave to 3 friends, have had a bit of fun with it so far when not playing l4d2.
And finally, today, Mass Effect: $5.44. Of course, have not played it yet, it's on my list.

Total: ugh, now to add them up XD.

Oh my.... $413.19 spent in the last month and a half.

How scary it is when you're only 3 clicks away from owning a game. At least I can think of that in terms of... Alright, that's just one pay check, just one pay check, I can handle that, but that's a lot of money. (I hadnt added it up until after I listed everything, if you couldn't tell.)

Alright, lets go over what I've bought as of the last month and a half.

First was the THQ Pack, $54.49
I was convinced to buy Garry's Mod and TF2, both good, $27.24 however TF2 was not on sale I do not believe
World of Goo and Civ III: complete at $10.88, liked world of goo, havnt played Civ III.
Mirrors Edge, QuantZ, Evil Genius, The secret of monkey island: $13.05, Evil genius is ok, monkey island I do not like, same with quantz, but I'd be fine paying $20 for Mirrors edge after playing it. it was fun.
Bought Zeno Clash $5.56, have yet to play it.

Now, on to the year end sales.

Eidos Pack, Unreal Deal, Star Wars: KOTOR, Rockstar collection, Audiosurf, Borderlands: $165.08. Biggest chunk of change, but well worth it I think. I still question the rockstar collection, but nothing I can do now.
Oh, I'll mention, I bought The Last Remnant and Torchlight before the current sales, Paid $10.89 each.
Defense Grid: The Awakening, Bioshock, FarCry 2: $28.20 damn my decision to get bioshock only for it to go down to $5 later. Oh well.
Left 4 Dead 2: $36.50 a little expensive, but I've had enough fun with it so far to say it was certainly worth it, infact, I have yet to install anything from the Eidos pack yet.
Got Dead Space, DoD:S $13.82
Crysis Complete $14.81
Shattered Horizon 4 pack: $16.34, a fun game, not perfect, but fun. Gave to 3 friends, have had a bit of fun with it so far when not playing l4d2.
And finally, today, Mass Effect: $5.44. Of course, have not played it yet, it's on my list.

Total: ugh, now to add them up XD.

Oh my.... $413.19 spent in the last month and a half.

How scary it is when you're only 3 clicks away from owning a game. At least I can think of that in terms of... Alright, that's just one pay check, just one pay check, I can handle that, but that's a lot of money. (I hadnt added it up until after I listed everything, if you couldn't tell.)

Haha good stuff, time to put the mouse away though :D

At this point, I believe I have enough games to last me 2 years, if not longer.

I'm currently playing CS:S, L4D2, Borderlands, and Shattered Horizon. All of which are FPS that I could theoretically play endlessly.

At the top of my list of wants to play:
CarCry 2: I played this for a little over an hour, had quite a bit of fun, could probably put in 10-15 hours or so running around before I either beat it or it gets repetitive.
Bioshock: Great reviews, would love to play it when I get the time.
Defense Grid: The Awakening: I tried this game, a little different from the others but fun. Def a go to game when I'm bored with others, if nothing else.
Mass Effect: Dont know a ton about it, but I've heard it's great, and want to try it.

After that, it's a big hazy mess of when I'm going to get around to a lot of these games, just the games listed could probably last me happly for a year, not including the first 4 listed, that could last just as long, if not longer (considering CSS, I've been playing only gungames in it for about 2 years now, and love every minute of it, it's just pure fun).

At this point, the only games I'm really looking at are CoD games (I played CoD4 on ps3 and liked it, wouldnt mind having it just for the campaign again if the price is right, and MW2 for obvious reasons. Even CoD3 might be fun, but the price would have to be right considering I would probably never play multiplayer on it, so it would be for the campaign only.), and maybe Fallout 3 GOTY, but I already have so many other games, it's possible that by the time I'd even play it, it would be cheaper.

^ If you're a gungame player I doubt Mass Effect and/or Bioshock will interest you that much. They really don't offer an "FPS experience" akin to what you like. You'd probably be much better served by MW2.

That's not to say that they aren't amazing games, though. Mass Effect was probably the best game I have ever played (and Bioshock was fantastic, but very overrated.) I haven't met many fans of twitch-based FPS shooters liking these titles though. *shrugs* ymmv.

i was pretty dissappointed by bioshock. It did not live up to the hype at all. I tried very hard to like it becuase I thought I was suppose to. Eventually I came to terms that the game just wasn't for me.

Mass Effect is a great game IMO. Very good voice acting, good graphics and very compelling story line. Take note though, its one of those game that once you start playing it, you have to follow it through. Take too long of a break and you're totally lost when you get back to it.

I believe my Steam library has tripled since these sales. :eek: Going to have to get a bigger HD.

I know what you mean. I backup all my Steam games on a 1.5TB drive and the backup folder just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

i was pretty dissappointed by bioshock. It did not live up to the hype at all. I tried very hard to like it becuase I thought I was suppose to. Eventually I came to terms that the game just wasn't for me.

Mass Effect is a great game IMO. Very good voice acting, good graphics and very compelling story line. Take note though, its one of those game that once you start playing it, you have to follow it through. Take too long of a break and you're totally lost when you get back to it.

It was the other way around for me. I liked Bioshock and disliked Mass Effect. There's too much talking and walking around in ME for me to stay interested for long periods of time.

I'm really digging bioshock but it's not playing nice with the latest Nvidia drivers and my new 9800 GT at any resolution. The ambiance of Bioshock is insane.

I'm really digging bioshock but it's not playing nice with the latest Nvidia drivers and my new 9800 GT at any resolution. The ambiance of Bioshock is insane.

Not to beat this horse anymore, but if the ambiance (and the FP RPGish) elements of Bioshock appeal, get a copy of System Shock 2. It won't look nearly as pretty, but if it isn't at least thrice the game I don't my own name.

There are some mods to improve SS2's visuals (still craptastic but better). I actually played through it again before bioshock came out.

managed to hold off till just now. Been on the edge of getting Mass Effect ever since I beat Dragon Age (Loved it,best gave i've played since KOTOR). 5 bucks today just couldn't hold.

That opened up some flood gates so i impulsed freedom Pack (Comic book fetish) and Audio Surf; and i'm browsing for more... damn you valve.

Well that's alright if I dont turn out to like Bioshock, at the very least it sounds as if it is worth a try right?

I still have a lot of downloading to do. I have now 27 games installed, and 63 not. Now, I know I dont need them all installed at the same time, but some of them especially some from the packs, it's either install them or I'll never have them high enough on my priorities to play them XD.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 $10.19
Trine $4.99
Painkiller: Collectors Pack $8.74
Counter-Strike: Source $4.99

80536503.jpg

So is RA3 worth $10?

I say this as someone who owns every C&C game except the expansion to C&C3, but hasn't found time to play them.

It was the other way around for me. I liked Bioshock and disliked Mass Effect. There's too much talking and walking around in ME for me to stay interested for long periods of time.

I agree. Once I got to the merchant on the mother ship in ME, I stopped playing. I didn't feel like having to figure out what were the best weapons and who in my group to allocate them to. It became more work than enjoyment. Oh, it's after noon. Time to see what you guys posted for today's deals.

In for Trine and possibly C&C. Might get Morrowind, too, even though I already have the disc version.

Anyone know if Painkiller Resurrection is really as bad as the metascore says it is? Just wondering.

In for Trine and possibly C&C. Might get Morrowind, too, even though I already have the disc version.

Anyone know if Painkiller Resurrection is really as bad as the metascore says it is? Just wondering.

it is that bad. black edition is good but resurrection = bad bad bad

Wow, Painkiller: Resurrection must really suck if it can be included in a PK pack for under $9...

RA3: Supported OS: Microsoft Windows® XP SP2, Windows Vista (32-bit)

Does 64-bit Vista/Win7 work?

Meh. Nothing terribly interesting today. Trine is the only thing up there that got my attention. Already own Morrowind and RA3, not a fan of CS, and I already own the only good Painkiller game. I'll have to think about Trine.

hell yeah to Morrowind

if you guys don't get CS Source you guys fail

LOL, I agree with CS:S. This is getting to the "if you don't already have CS:S then your collection is flawed" type Steam selection. You don't even have to play it, just throw it in the Steam closet or gift it. Good run.

Its a platformer. If you've every played the old game the Lost Vikings that should give you an idea. Or so I've been told by people.

Oh okay. Side scrolling too. Looks pretty cool actually, I read its wikipedia page. I think I may have to check it out.

it is that bad. black edition is good but resurrection = bad bad bad

I (randomly) got Painkiller Triple Dose for Christmas with the, "This looks like something you'd play." So far, yeah, it does seem like something I'd play. So no need to even consider that pack. Oh well.

Morrowind and Trine for $10 is hard to argue with.

what the heck does sale lasts through Jan 3 actually mean??? so is today the last day of sales and it ends tomorrow? or is there another day of new sales left starting tomorrow?

what the heck does sale lasts through Jan 3 actually mean??? so is today the last day of sales and it ends tomorrow? or is there another day of new sales left starting tomorrow?

It means it lasts through January 3rd and it will end on Monday. So there is one more set of deals.

Wow, Painkiller: Resurrection must really suck if it can be included in a PK pack for under $9...

RA3: Supported OS: Microsoft Windows® XP SP2, Windows Vista (32-bit)

Does 64-bit Vista/Win7 work?

I played it on 64bit Vista.

LOL, I agree with CS:S. This is getting to the "if you don't already have CS:S then your collection is flawed" type Steam selection. You don't even have to play it, just throw it in the Steam closet or gift it. Good run.

Meh, no thank you. I don't buy games unless I intend to buy them or they just happen to be part of a pack of games that I'm buying. If CSS was a buck or two I'd probably grab it, but I'd rather spend $5 on a game I'll eventually play.

It means it lasts through January 3rd and it will end on Monday. So there is one more set of deals.

On Steam: "Get a new set of deals when the timer reaches zero!" is there today, which means there will be new deals when the timer reaches zero tomorrow...

Oh, never mind...

Back