Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

defy

Gawd
All game sales can be found here:
http://store.steampowered.com/

All sales except the daily sales will last until 1/3/2010. Keep an eye out on the daily sales, as they are usually the lowest prices you will see of the entire year (including games already on sale!)

Sales for TODAY ONLY (1/2): - Credit to pandora's box for the image.

I was waiting for a bunch of these games to go on sale! Trine is a popular platformer, Painkiller an FPS (The first is refreshing, the third one god awful). Each of the games today has their own distinct charms in their genre of game.

steamol.jpg

As always, the best deal is going to be on packs or collections of games you do not have. With the holiday discount stacking with the package discount, you're looking at some impressive price per gaming ratio goodness :)

Game Collections and 4-Packs:
Left 4 Dead 2 4-pack - $112.49 ($28.12 per person)
Borderlands 4-pack - $100.47 ($25.12 per person)
Unreal Deal Pack - $13.59
Jedi Knight Collection - $9.99
Painkiller: Collectors Pack - $17.49
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Complete Pack - $19.99
Company of Heroes: Gold - $14.99
Company of Heroes Complete Pack - $37.49

Packs:
Eidos Collector's Pack - $49.99 (Arguably the best valued pack if you do not have Batman: Arkham yet)
Rockstar Collection - $46.89
id Super Pack - $34.99
Valve Complete Pack - $74.99
Complete PopCap Collection - $74.99

Random games and goodies:
Torchlight - $9.99
Beyond Good and Evil - $4.99
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - $13.59
Borderlands: Island of Dr. Ned (DLC) - $6.49
Indigo Prophecy - $3.39
World of Goo - $4.99
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $4.99
Plants vs Zombies - $7.49
Audiosurf - $2.50
Braid - $2.49
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - $4.99

And no, MW2 is not part of this sale.

Last edited:
Ugh, I'll be spending some money on these.

Guess I'll pick up Mirror's Edge for $5 and maybe I'll try Stalker since it's only $2.

I'm in for GTA IV & Stalker.

I got Mirror's Edge from Big Lots for $6 and it comes with the soundtrack Audio CD. just an fyi.
Defense grid is okay, if you're into base defense. ...think I lost my save game tho. :-\

Gonna dump some cash, oh yes.

EDIT: PURCHASED....

Oddworld Abes Oddysee and Exoddus package 2.49 USD
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW) 4.99 USD
Half-Life 1: Source 7.49 USD
Luxor 3 0.99 USD
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 4.99 USD
Defense Grid: The Awakening 2.49 USD
Braid 2.49 USD
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time 4.99 USD
Sid Meier's Pirates! 6.69 USD
Rome: Total War Gold 2.49 USD
Broken Sword: Twin Pack 4.99 USD

I already have L4D ($7.50), L4D2 ($30), first stalker ($5), KotoR ($2.50), Torchlight ($20) and Plants vs. Zombies ($5) from earlier sales. $7.50 is my limit. Why spend $9.99 when so much goodness can be had for less? :)
L4D2 and Torchlight got me started... had about 8 games before I got these two.. then I saw the BF sales and now I'm hooked when they get cheap.

Waiting on Mass Effect and Risen to fall to $7.50 or less.... :)

Last edited:
I might pick up stalker because of the cheapness, but I've been waiting for the Jedi Knight series to go on sale. This package is a steal imo!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2103/

Me too, just mainly to play Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II... however when Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast came out, I didn't have a PC that was up to the task.

Preliminary link here:
dude, if people didn't get MW2 PC for $30 last week (BBuy Ad) they don't want it.

id software pack for $35, holy crap I've lost the disks for most of these. totally worth it

In for that and GTAIV

Grabbed GTA IV. Will get Witcher and Red Faction Guerilla later; I need to see what else goes on these daily sales as I only have so much money. :D

Preliminary link here:

Sales for TODAY ONLY:

Mirror's Edge - $4.99
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - $19.99
GTA IV - $7.49
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2.49
Stalker: Shadows of Chernobyl - $1.99

As always, the best deal is going to be on packs or collections of games you do not have. With the holiday discount stacking with the package discount, you're looking at some good price per gaming ratio goodness :)

Left 4 Dead 2 4-pack - $112.49 ($28.12 per person)
Jedi Knight Collection - $9.99
Eidos Collector's Pack - $49.99
Rockstar Collection - $46.89

Very tempted to buy GTA IV and return my unoped GTA to Wally world or BBY.

OMG! So many games to get!

So far i've got

ARMA 1
Eidos Pack
Defense Grid
Sniper Elite
Trine

Are they going to be adding more stuff, aside from the daily specials? All these great games on sale are hard to keep track of. I need to narrow down my choices! AHHHHHH!!! deal overload!

Me too, just mainly to play Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II... however when Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast came out, I didn't have a PC that was up to the task.

Very fun game, first person action with a solid single player plot and character progression. Multiplayer was very fun too, definitely worth trying if you buy that $10 pack. It's one of my fondest Star Wars games, way more than recent games like Force Unleashed.

Holy Batman, Batman!

And to think I was holding out for a sale for those Tombraider games...

Quite a collection of games for $50!!!

Definitely a good pack. I would probably get it if I didn't buy Arkham already.

Are they going to be adding more stuff, aside from the daily specials? All these great games on sale are hard to keep track of. I need to narrow down my choices! AHHHHHH!!! deal overload!

I doubt they will add new sales other than the daily sales. That's just a personal opinion, though.

whoa, good thing everything i want ( indie games, eidos pack) are on sale till the 3rd ! :D

time to get some money together :)

I started playing stalker:SoC last week, $2 is insane. I'm grabbing clear sky for $5 and GTA IV.

Bought Defense Grid. Already have GTAIV, Mirrow's Edge, and Stalker, though those are amazing prices on each. Thanks OP.

Bought the Build-a-Lot pack for my wife, and Painkiller: Black and Trine for me. I want to see this gun that shoots "shurikens and lightning". :D

Good lord if this is only the start of the sales my wallet is totally screwed. :eek:

So far I've bought: Ghostbusters, Mirror's Edge, and GTA4. The total was under $20!

I'm going to have to shuffle some stuff around so I have room on the SSD. :(

Yeah, Witcher is a fantastic game. It's so cheap, I had to purchase one as a gift.

No wonder Gamestop's being hammered. Between Steam and Walmart, it's time to sell that stock short.

How are B&M's ever going to compete?
I

Gamestop has been Shitstop ever since they overdid the whole "used games" business

they rarely have new games in stock and their "display" boxes, you can buy their last copy which will be one of their display boxes where they just have the disc in one of those little disc envelopes

lame

Looks like all Ubisoft games are also on sale? I nabbed Assassin's Creed for $10. I played through it and beat it on the 360, but I don't have my 360 any more.

Oh snap, and I had made up my mind to purchase Batman after beating the (too short!) demo tonight. Looks like I'm in for the Eidos pack fo sho! If only they could include Thief I and II, but considering I'm getting twenty games for the price of Batman alone, I'm not complaining.

The Valve pack is also a deal of ungodly proportions considering you get ALL of the HL games + L4D/L4D2 + multiple multiplayer games. Some real content there.

Already purchased Stalker, the Jedi Knight collection and iD Super Pack in previous sales, but not at prices this sweet. Man o man talk about my backlog growing.

I really should not purchase the Rockstar pack considering I own the disc to almost all of those games, but like many fellow Steam addicts I'm considering paying for them AGAIN just to have them in my Steam list. RAWR this sale is CRAZY!

Back