Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

Another note, the Star Wars Premier pack graphic says it includes Knights of the Old Republic but it doesn't list it in the games included.

The Star Wars Premier Pack is a special offer, just for the holidays. This pack features Star Wars Battlefront® II, Star Wars Galaxies™: The Complete Online Adventure, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Star Wars Republic Commando™, and Star Wars Starfighter™.

Edit: Lists KOTOR as included now.

Last edited:
It's still too much money. I'll wait until it's down to $10 or maybe $15.

I paid full price for the Dragon Age Collector's Edition off of Steam. I don't regret it in the slightest. This is one game I ceretainly wouldn't be waiting a year or two to get it to drop to $10-$15. But to each its own.

I could swear that Universe at War was already $4.99 when I browsed through the catalog last night.

I love how I held back on purchasing Torchlight when it was $9.99 hoping that it would drop down to $4.99 and now it did! :D Purchased! Here's what I've got so far:

Mirror's Edge - $4.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $1.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - $4.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - $7.49
AudioSurf - $2.50 (Love this game, already put in 7 hours hehe)
Unreal Deal Pack - $13.50
+Unreal 2: The Awakening
+Unreal Gold
+Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition
+Unreal Tournament 3 Black
+Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition
Beyond Good and Evil - $4.99
Alpha Prime - $0.99
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2.49 (This is a fun game, played the first 4 levels. Decent graphics and narration)
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - $9.99 (I've put in about 7 hours already on this game. It's seriously good :p)
ID Super Pack - $23.79
+Commander Keen
+DOOM 3
+Buy DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil
+DOOM II
+Final DOOM
+Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
+HeXen
+HeXen II
+HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
+Master Levels for Doom II
+QUAKE
+QUAKE II
+QUAKE II Mission Pack: Ground Zero
+QUAKE II Mission Pack: The Reckoning
+Quake III Arena
+QUAKE III: Team Arena
+QUAKE Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
+QUAKE Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
+Return to Castle Wolfenstein
+Spear of Destiny
+The Ultimate Doom
+Wolfenstein 3D
Far Cry - $4.99 (Gift)
Torchlight - $4.99
--------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $82.70

Last edited:
There's pretty much no reason to hold off on Torchlight, unless you just abhor diablo style games and maybe video games in general :D

Prototype has been out since june 2009 not once have i seen the price below $20.So i bit on it.

Prototype 19.99 USD
Subtotal 19.99 USD
Tax 0.00 USD
Shipping 0.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 19.99 USD

I don't know about everyone else, but I've got a serious list of purchases made up for the 1/3 if they don't pop up in the daily deals. Best part is that even at the current prices, I'll still be getting dozens of titles for under $50

I think after next week everybody will be stocked up for the year except for some new releases. heck Steam might go bankrupt after next month due to lack of any more sales...:D

I don't know about everyone else, but I've got a serious list of purchases made up for the 1/3 if they don't pop up in the daily deals. Best part is that even at the current prices, I'll still be getting dozens of titles for under $50

Yes! Sitting on the Eidos pack and Aquaria at the very least.

I'm going to need a larger hard drive soon

I went ahead and moved my Steam installation to my 500gb last night, and I'm STILL worried.

I think my new game buying philosophy will be to wait until the Steam sale, since there'll be so much to play and new games will be cheap at the end of the year!

I think I've spent probably $75. I got probably 50 new games and a couple gifts for friends. I don't think I paid for than $15 for a single game either. Very good. :D

edit: I love how every game even DAO has been on sale but not MW2. If MW2 doesnt go on sale between now and the 3rd when this sale ends I'm gonna be pretty fucking upset. IW too fucking good to put their game up for sale. pos. :D

Happy Holidays to all on [H]!

If it does go down like that it won't be on IW, it'll be Activision's call. That said, as just about the only product on Steam that's not marked down, COD still seems to be holding its own in terms of sales at #4.

That is true but I doubt IW would want to sell it for any less either~ :D

A reminder for Dragon Age buyers, Register your game and put in the other code steam gives you. For me it gave me the stone keepers dlc and some armor. I don't know if thats already included in any game but I just found out! :D

I believe the rankings are based on revenue.

I think you're right - only that could explain how MW2 is selling almost as "well" as Torchlight for $5.

btw, in case you haven't yet, BUY TORCHLIGHT RIGHT NOW. It was a steal at $10 and it's a &%#!$ing deal of a lifetime at $5. GET IT!! GET IT NOW!! Violators will be punished with large doses of regret.

Grr, should I get DA: O? And what about that special edition if I do, is that worth the additional monies?

If it were me, I'd spring for the extra 11 bucks. I'm holding off because I'm pretty sure it won't run the best on my system.

I have been holding out on GTA IV for pc (DRM), but that 8 bucks would have been great. How is the multiplayer online for the PC?

Jade Empire is not on ultra savings but still I am considering it...any thoughts?

Last edited:
medieval II: total war, $5... I already have Rome:TW and like it. Is this going to be an improved version? Might pick up that and torchlight.

Back