DOOM 2 $3.39
Final DOOM $3.39
Master Levels for DOOM $3.39

Thursday:

Oblivion 66% off:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition - $6.79

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe - $8.49

Last edited:
Already bought ID soft collection and Oblivion GOTY, guess no DLC for me since there seems to be no way to get that.

Found this sale to be kinda weak sauce, since the ID Pack during the July 4th sale, was halved. Doesn't seem cost beneficial, if they have priced the entire pack at $35 it would be much more palatable.

DUDE steam youve put Oblivion on sale like 10 times this year STOP IT!

Anyone know how populated the Quake III servers are these days? I miss that game.

I still find tons of Q3 servers every time I fire up my old "hacked/lan" copy. I don't think its even the most recent version, and most servers will let you play without a key.. Crazy.. :D

And on that note, can the OP or someone with enough time keep this going? I can see this thread at work but Steam's website is blocked. I guess I am just too impatient :D

Steam's website is blocked for me at work too, but I have other means of obtaining the deals. I'll do my best to update the OP as they are posted. If anyone wants to post the deals here as they come, that would be awesome.

Today it's a Doom sale. 66% off all DOOM games, and a doom collection (all the dooms) for $13.59

Individualy.
DOOM 3 $6.79
DOOM 3 ROE $6.79
DOOM $3.39
DOOM 2 $3.39
Final DOOM $3.39
Master levels for doom $3.39

they can even include enemy territory.... pffff.

will half those games even run on windows 7?

i bought the doom collection, and it just runs on dosbox for win7. ran like shit and locked up inside 2 mins.

i installed Zdoom and everything works just fine now.

yes, that's part of the point of steam

Actually that's not the point of Steam at all. They don't do shit to the older games to make them more compatible with modern OS or hardware; you have to find your own fixes, if any exist.

GOG.com, on the other hand, tries to ensure compatibility.

^^ was about to say, my uncle for a few older games and none run on windows 7, silent hunter earlier versions.

Steam doesnt magically make all games compatible, that is why they list system specs on it still.

Can't get damn Doom 3 to work in Surround without switching to windowed mode; it shows up on the center and right monitor (as if they were the left and center monitor), but not on the real left monitor. Argh, so fucking annoying, why can't I tell it to start at my actual left monitor...

Doom 3 has...issues in surround mode.

By default, it just stretches. You need to install a mod to get proper FOV adjustment.

Anyone get the Quakecon 2010 pack? I believe Morrowind and Oblivion are supposed to be Game of the Year Editions but in my games list it doesn't mention that they are...

Today is 50% off Fallout 3. So I am guessing that tommorow is quake pack.

Nice! I just picked up Fallout 3 and all five DLC for $25. I've already spent hundreds of hours in the XBOX version, but I want to play through all the DLC in Surround.

Best the about the PC one is all the fixes! Get the bodies and animation fixes! your logic will thank you for it! Plus they work on steam so it is all good. Speaking of fixes wheres that doom tape mod...

Very tempted to get the Fallout 3 pack. Is it worth the $24.99 with all the DLC. I played quite a bit of it on PS3, but ended up not finishing it for some reason.

So tempting, but all of that money just went to a watercooling loop.

Such is life.

While I understand the desire to have a system that can play the games as desired...

But what good is buying the system if you now can't afford the games to play on it?

I'm surprised people don't already own all of these games...

While I understand the desire to have a system that can play the games as desired...

But what good is buying the system if you now can't afford the games to play on it?

I'm surprised people don't already own all of these games...

He probably has, you know, other games to play...

Not everyone loves RPGs, and some of us like to wait until the games get cheap.

Back