Steam 2014 Winter sale is here! runs from December 18th to January 2nd.

Crap, what BS! I added Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit to my cart at $4. I went to checkout, but my CC info. was invalid. After updating it, the price got jacked to $8. WTF?! I guess the clock turned 12 pm CST and the price reset. F that, I guess I saved $4 by not buying it. What BS, they should at least have a buffer if something is added in the cart and in process of checking out before resetting the price. :mad: :mad:

Also want to know. Looking at the comments in the support forum it appears this game is a turd, but would like some other opinions.

I debate buying it every time I've seen it on sale this year and the thing that holds me up is that there seems to be no save game mechanic/single player offline deal. For $6 its probably worth a shot but meh, I've got other games to play.

Gog.com had TA Commander pack on sale a couple of weeks ago so thats satisfied my mega rts urges.

Lets see what Gabe has today Supreme Commander is a Chris Taylor game I tired a similar game called Demigod didn't think too much of it but it has some nice graphics. Chris Taylor needs to make a comeback again despite his failed kickstarter Wildman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5abbTOzs_Vc

What? Demigod is nothing like Supreme Commander. Demigod is a MOBA, SupCom is a RTS. Two completely different genres.

in the new grid autosport game can you tune the car in career mode or just the online mode?

Crap, what BS! I added Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit to my cart at $4. I went to checkout, but my CC info. was invalid. After updating it, the price got jacked to $8. WTF?! I guess the clock turned 12 pm CST and the price reset. F that, I guess I saved $4 by not buying it. What BS, they should at least have a buffer if something is added in the cart and in process of checking out before resetting the price. :mad: :mad:

They have a huge buffer, which is the 12 to 48 hours that the individual items are on sale for, so why should they both wasting time to adding an "in cart" buffer?

I was hoping for a bigger price cut on Shadow of Mordor...seems all Steam is doing is price matching Amazon

I was hoping for a bigger price cut on Shadow of Mordor...seems all Steam is doing is price matching Amazon

Yeah, I had hoped for a large cut as well, although honestly I was sort of surprised at it was cut as much as it was.

Last night I broke down and picked it up from G2A for $21

All that's left on my wishlist is newer games that aren't having very good sales yet :(. Time to start working through the backlog.

Dang CS:GO was 66% off for a short period of time when today's deals first went up, now its only 50% off.
Now I am kicking myself for not buying it right away.

Its been a pretty shitty sale, I've only spent $1.49 so far....

Depends on what your looking for. I'm just over $200 spent but I've also been picking up a lot of 2014 releases I missed (Unity, FC4 Gold, Sniper Elite 3... Thats $125 right there).

Having disposable Christmas cash is a wonderful thing. The discounts on the newer titles aren't huge but not bad either. Unity was $40 and FC4 was essentially a free season pass by buying the gold edition for $60.

I picked up Assetto Corsair, and I'm probably going to get Kerbal Space Program tonight.

Dang CS:GO was 66% off for a short period of time when today's deals first went up, now its only 50% off.
Now I am kicking myself for not buying it right away.

Wait till the last day. The best Selling games usually go back on sale for the lowest % of the entire sale. Atleast in years past it has happened that way.

I picked up TWD: Season 2, Bully, and Among the sleep.

That's about it so far.

Was hoping for some good discount on Wolfenstein, and the recent Tales from the Borderlands/Game of Thrones Telltale games but so far only GOT went on sale and I decided to wait on it (usually when the second episode drops there's a larger discount).

Only two of interest is dark souls 2 and mgs ground zero. How good are these two??
Also planet anhil is a steal at 6 bux lol but it still doesn't feel as epic as sup com..But it's the closest game we will ever get to sup com/ta style at least until Chris Taylor shows us what he's working on..

Last edited:
Only two of interest is dark souls 2 and mgs ground zero. How good are these two??
Also planet anhil is a steal at 6 bux lol but it still doesn't feel as epic as sup com..But it's the closest game we will ever get to sup com/ta style at least until Chris Taylor shows us what he's working on..

I'm going to pick up Dark Souls 2, just waiting to see if we getter a better price by the end of the sale.

Outside of the that the only thing I have bought was EU IV. It's been a slow sale for me which is unusual.

So far, I've picked up:
Castle Crashers
Goat Simulator
How to Survive
Nation Red
Gauntlet

Mainly bought those games because they're compatible with my Xbox 360 controllers and they have local co-op.

Wait till the last day. The best Selling games usually go back on sale for the lowest % of the entire sale. Atleast in years past it has happened that way.

It was a price mistake if it goes back on sale I'm almost positive it will only be 50% off

Depends on what your looking for. I'm just over $200 spent but I've also been picking up a lot of 2014 releases I missed (Unity, FC4 Gold, Sniper Elite 3... Thats $125 right there).

Having disposable Christmas cash is a wonderful thing. The discounts on the newer titles aren't huge but not bad either. Unity was $40 and FC4 was essentially a free season pass by buying the gold edition for $60.

Money isn't the problem, nothing interested me, unless Saints Row goes back on sale again everything else ehh.

Money isn't the problem, nothing interested me

i haven't seen anything on a steam sale of interest going on over a year - everything seems to simply be recycled over and over again. then again, video games do nothing for me now so... ...

Are dark souls 2 or ground zero worth it? I haven't played a mgs game since the original on ps1 and it was one of my fav games ever. Tried the latter ones but they weren't as enjoyable..

Only things I considered were Sleeping Dogs Definitive and maybe Guantlet just for a mindless time killer (though I've got no one I know to play it with).

Nothing else really even gets my attention enough to read the description.

Are dark souls 2 or ground zero worth it? I haven't played a mgs game since the original on ps1 and it was one of my fav games ever. Tried the latter ones but they weren't as enjoyable..

Dark Souls 2 is Epic takes some time to get though the game you can summon other players to help for bosses or levels.
I finished the PS3 version but have yet to tackle the PC version.

if you don't already own Dark Souls 2 it might be better to wait for the remastered edition coming out in April (Scholar of the First Sin)

th

tirinha-valve.jpg

Money isn't the problem, nothing interested me, unless Saints Row goes back on sale again everything else ehh.

I know. My point was that lack of interest in the titles on sale does not equal a shitty sale. I've found plenty of great stuff, as have many others I'm sure.

Well they have 5 days left the suspense and waiting around is something else still good chance that some games will be on sale.

Thanks for the heads up on ds2 but it seems like previous owners will be able to patch the game to update it to current version for free? Guess it depends on what they plan to sell it for..are the dlcs worth it?

DS2 DLCs are totally worth it. If you like DS2, you'll like the DLCs. I love them all.

Sweet will def hold off then but I have a feeling the upgrade plus all the DLCs will likely be expensive... WHat about Ground Zeros? I missed the MGS series bc I never bought another console...Hoping its more like the original mGS on ps

Planetary Annihilation and Xcom (complete package) for me. Both on my wishlist and less than $20 combined? Hey, Merry Xmas to me, you know?

Thanks for the heads up on ds2 but it seems like previous owners will be able to patch the game to update it to current version for free? Guess it depends on what they plan to sell it for..are the dlcs worth it?

the DX11 graphics upgrade plus increased player count will not be a free upgrade...

Not a free upgrade... lots of rage over this as these graphics were shown pre release but were not available for PC at release... lots of people ticked they are now going to charge for the teaser graphics that should have been in the original.

DS2 was a very fun game for me, my first souls game and I enjoyed playing it. Have not picked up the dlc, would have but with all of this upgrade drama may wait... or just get bloodborne when it releases.

Also, lords of the fallen has a lot of mixed reviews but appears to be a similar game experience.

Haven't really bought anything from the steam sales besides Saints Row IV for $5. But I have bought a whole bunch of commanders/skins/face plates for CoH 2 since they're all on sale during the winter sale.

Back