Steam 2013 Winter sale is here! runs from December 19th to January 2nd.

Isnt Initiation the only single player DLC? Im not interested in multiplayer at all. I thought the season pass mainly included multiplayer stuff and new skins and shit like that.

Yes it's mainly skins and stuff, and it also promises a discount on the upcoming "narrative" dlc. I mean for $8 from GMG, I see why not, especially since it's only 2.76 more than the Initiation DLC from Steam

Nothing stellar today really, but the 3rd is a long way away. Bioshock is a good deal but I still need to finish the 2nd one. Hoping to pick up some games that didn't hit my "must buy" price point during the last sale...mainly non-AAA games like The Swapper and State of Decay.

Do you think the recently released DayZ SA and The Walking Dead Season 2 will go on sale later?

Anyone played Assetto Corsa? Any thoughts?

I've been looking for a new racing game on PC for quite sometime and this looks pretty good, especially for an early release game. I've watched a few videos on Youtube, but still unsure about it.

Grabbed FTL off the flash sale, as well as the witches DLC for Dishonored.... both going in backlog lol

Anyone played Assetto Corsa? Any thoughts?

I've been looking for a new racing game on PC for quite sometime and this looks pretty good, especially for an early release game. I've watched a few videos on Youtube, but still unsure about it.

it feels alright. like you said, it's an early release game.. it needs a lot of improvement. vehicle sounds overall are terrible is one of my biggest complaints.. but the physics are pretty good. really need a wheel though to experience it properly.

it's not up to par with forza and the like though. i dunno, i'd hold off on it for now.

So many early access games on sale today, I really hate those because it's hard to get a general review on them.

any suggestions on:

Nether
Godus
Castle story
Projewct Zomboid

Last edited:
So many early access games on sale today, I really hate those because it's hard to get a general review on them.

any suggestions on:

Nether
Godus
Castle story
Projewct Zomboid

I'd also like to know about Godus. I really like the art style and I think the gameplay is what I'm looking for.

I'd also like to know about Godus. I really like the art style and I think the gameplay is what I'm looking for.

Did you read the reviews at the bottom of the page on Steam itself? Sounds like a FB click click game.

I've been waiting forever for Far Cry 3 to go on sale for cheap...it's now $7.49 for the Standard edition and $9.99 for Deluxe :cool:

Not sure if sales suck or games suck.

I'm on the same boat nothing for me besides 2 games that I bought for 6.00. With 900 games on my steam account (530 full games plus 300+ DLC) I'm at a point that I don't buy anything unless is on my wish list and under 6.00 :p

any suggestions on: Projewct Zomboid
I've played it for 10.5 hours, says Steam. It's challenging and frustrating, but if you really like the survivalism genre and the zombie survivalism subgenre, it's a very interesting game.

is the Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition worth it over the 'Standard' one?...doesn't seem like you get anything really amazing (SP) and just more of the same...Deluxe or Standard?

Nether looked interesting until I realized it was an Early Access Game. Who the fuck wants to pay anything for a beta?

Nether looked interesting until I realized it was an Early Access Game. Who the fuck wants to pay anything for a beta?

EArly access games aren't paying for beta access, it's paying for the FULL game , you simply get access to it in an earlier statue (usually alpha) and are helping it get finished.

Usually get the game at a discount vs full retail price.

Nether looked interesting until I realized it was from the same con artist as the WarZ decable (Sergei Titov), trying again to make a quick buck on the current zombie craze with another fake game to prey on the uninformed but with no intentions of ever finishing the game. For anyone unfamiliar with WarZ or Mr. Titov, he tried changing the name to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" to open the net back up for people that didn't know better to walk into. Valve kicked WarZ out of the Steam store once, then Mr. Titov did just enough to satisfy what got it banned, but its real bare minimum stuff here and I'm amazed Valve allows either Infestation: SS or Nether into the store at this point.

He goes so far as to ask people not to post reviews on Nether because the game is still in development. Comedy gold.

Last edited:
Nether looked interesting until I realized it was from the same con artist as the WarZ decable (Sergei Titov), trying again to make a quick buck on the current zombie craze with another fake game to prey on the uninformed but with no intentions of ever finishing the game. For anyone unfamiliar with WarZ or Mr. Titov, he tried changing the name to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" to open the net back up for people that didn't know better to walk into. Valve kicked WarZ out of the Steam store once, then Mr. Titov did just enough to satisfy what got it banned, but its real bare minimum stuff here and I'm amazed Valve allows either Infestation: SS or Nether into the store at this point.

He goes so far as to ask people not to post reviews on Nether because the game is still in development. Comedy gold.

Here's all you need to know about Nether:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNIWLJIG-sk

I'm on the same boat nothing for me besides 2 games that I bought for 6.00. With 900 games on my steam account (530 full games plus 300+ DLC) I'm at a point that I don't buy anything unless is on my wish list and under 6.00 :p

I don't think there's anything left for you to buy.

Jesus. I thought I was pretty baller with 400 games in my account. :D

Wishlist has 88 items sitting in it and there are always new games coming out that look cool, so I may get there eventually...the only thing I lack is the time to play through everything! It would almost be cool to be able to go to prison, but keep your gaming rig and Steam account, so you'd be clothed and fed and bathed and raped but at least you could knock out your backlog due to no job and minimal interaction with people on the outside.

How long is it?

Steam shows me as having 30 hours of playtime. I know I spent some extra time doing a lot of side quests and extra things but I would say you should be able to get a solid 20 hours out of it.

Going to give The Secret World a shot for $9.99. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I think it is FTP now.

Bought Metal Gear but not on Steam (glad I checked steam cuz i didnt even know that was coming out on PC, maybe MGS V will as well??? one can only hope), did it on Amazon because I had $5 credit.

EArly access games aren't paying for beta access, it's paying for the FULL game , you simply get access to it in an earlier statue (usually alpha) and are helping it get finished.

old-lady-wat.jpg

Back