Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Especially considering that all the deals were better at Amazon, Greenmangaming, Gamersgate, etc. So much undeserved attention...

Such as? I think the lowest prices on titles like Max Payne 3, Skyrim and Saint's Row 3 (w/ season passes) are worth paying some attention to. Amazon had a few great deals and GMG and GG had a couple star items, but Valve had 33-50% off a vast collection of their whole catalog, plus some great deals on newer stuff. What are all these deals that were better?

Especially considering that all the deals were better at Amazon, Greenmangaming, Gamersgate, etc. So much undeserved attention...

That's a gross exaggeration... They matched or even beat a couple of Steam deals during and even before Steam's sale, but Steam still had a ton of deals no one could touch. Maybe they weren't the deals you were looking for, but that doesn't make them any less real.

I'm sad that I didn't realize all three Kohan games were on sale for $4.99. Why didn't anyone tell me :(

That's a gross exaggeration... They matched or even beat a couple of Steam deals during and even before Steam's sale, but Steam still had a ton of deals no one could touch. Maybe they weren't the deals you were looking for, but that doesn't make them any less real.

Actually I watched fairly close amazon had SR3 for cheaper but in the end it didn't matter because Steam had the entire SR3 collection for 13 which blew the amazon deal out of the water. Can't think of anything else.

Actually I watched fairly close amazon had SR3 for cheaper but in the end it didn't matter because Steam had the entire SR3 collection for 13 which blew the amazon deal out of the water. Can't think of anything else.

MP for $24.99 instead of $29.99

Skyrim was a daily deal at least once. Max Payne 3 was indeed cheaper at Amazon like a week before the Steam sale, glad I grabbed it then.

anyone get the longest journey during that flash sale? i only saw it at 75% that one time and i was at work. :(

Kinda mad that I bought dead island during the steam sale for 10.19....and now the GOTY Edition is on sale for 9.99....wtf?

anyone get the longest journey during that flash sale? i only saw it at 75% that one time and i was at work. :(

LOL I missed it too.

I kind of wish they would reconsider the implementation of these sales. They should leave the daily deals for mostly new AAA games, and then use the flash deals for the older games. I also wish they'd increase the time the flash deals run to 12 hours.

LOL I missed it too.

I kind of wish they would reconsider the implementation of these sales. They should leave the daily deals for mostly new AAA games, and then use the flash deals for the older games. I also wish they'd increase the time the flash deals run to 12 hours.

i think most games were on both daily and flash sales at some point, at least the main ones everyones looking for like skyrim, batman AC, saints row 3, etc. afaik the longest journey (and dreamfall) was only on a flash sale one time and for 6 hours. i was at work for all 6 of those hours. :/ i agree that 12 hour flash sales would be better, but really with the amount of games i got for stupid cheap, im not gonna complain about how valve runs their sales. :D my backlog should give me enough time to get them during the next sale. i just added them to my wishlist as a reminder.

LOL I missed it too.

Yeah there were a lot of older titles I would have liked to pick up. I missed out on the LJ as well.

Sidenote*

WTF were you bitches when I was on PayDay all night yesterday aaaaaaaaaaand the day before! :(

Yeah there were a lot of older titles I would have liked to pick up. I missed out on the LJ as well.

Sidenote*

WTF were you bitches when I was on PayDay all night yesterday aaaaaaaaaaand the day before! :(

we're not friends so i couldnt find you! i logged on the game and i searched for "piscian18" and i couldnt find you. were we friends at some point before? i cleaned out my steam friends like 2 weeks ago and i think i might have accidentally deleted you if we were. also the game crashed on me repeatedly. like 10 times. so i gave up and played tf2 instead. :/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's ok, I got the copy from LiquidX (thank you, I left heat).

I think the reason you're seeing the $180 for the 4-pack is because you either aren't logged in or you don't own Borderlands 1? It's discounted for those of us who own 1 (shows $161 in the steam store for me)

It's ok, I got the copy from LiquidX (thank you, I left heat).

I think the reason you're seeing the $180 for the 4-pack is because you either aren't logged in or you don't own Borderlands 1? It's discounted for those of us who own 1 (shows $161 in the steam store for me)

Yeah, I have Borderlands but not for Steam. Is co-op easy to find on Steam? I may buy it again if lots of people are playing online.

I haven't played in a long time but I plan to play with a couple friends here over the next couple weeks.

To anyone who didn't PPG me and I got hit with fees, You're a dick. To people who over paid and ended up covering some of that, thank you.

That's inconsiderate as fuck.

Why on earth would you not gift someone the payment when it won't affect how much is deducted from your account one bit...it does affect how much the seller receives and even if we're talking a matter of pennies it's still wrong to short-change them. It's the principle of it. Particularly when that person went above and beyond by purchasing a 4-pack so that YOU could get the game at a discount. Are people seriously that fucking inconsiderate or lazy that they can't be bothered with one extra click when sending the payment?

You can get banned from PayPal/account frozen for publicly complaining about the fees deducted or for compelling people to send payments as a gift when there is an exchange of some sort taking place. If you have an axe to grind, it's probably best to do it over PM.

Why on earth would you not gift someone the payment when it won't affect how much is deducted from your account one bit...it does affect how much the seller receives and even if we're talking a matter of pennies it's still wrong to short-change them. It's the principle of it. Particularly when that person went above and beyond by purchasing a 4-pack so that YOU could get the game at a discount. Are people seriously that fucking inconsiderate or lazy that they can't be bothered with one extra click when sending the payment?

I'm pretty sure when you send money as a gift it deducts the fees from the sender.

Orcs Must Die 2 comes out tomorrow and preorder discount -10% off $15 makes it $13 and change for a game that just got a 9/10 review on IGN. This game is worth 2x-3x the price, based on the first one which OMD2 is said to have only expanded and improved upon.

Absolutely LOVED the first one single player (the only game that managed to pull me away from BF3 for a while), spent countless hours beating Nightmare mode. OMD2 has added co-op and a bunch of other cool stuff. I ignored the first OMD when it came out because I dismissed it as crap/budget title solely on the pricepoint, that was a mistake as I found out with the demo half a year later, very rare exception to the bargain title thing. I guess the devs are going for the "sell more copies for cheaper" thing again.

Last edited:
I can't fucking wait for Orcs Must Die 2. My entire group pre-ordered it weeks ago. My wife and I are staying up tonight to party until the game comes out and then we're going to play it until the wee hours. Work might come early at 6:30am, but who cares? It's Orcs Must Fucking Die 2 bitches.

Back