Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Really?

Never understand these questions. people wait for games to be cheap. Cause 50-60$ is alot of a risk. Then they come down to 10$ or less.. IS IT WORTH THE RISK........ /facepalm

When you are a new dad on a limited budget (for the Steam sale lol), yes, it's worth asking. I've bought plenty of $5-$10 games that are a waste of time. :)

Last edited:
When you are a new dad on a limited budget (for the Steam sale lol), yes, it's worth asking. I've bought plenty of $5-$10 games that are a waste of time. :)

So you don't eat expensive lunch for a day.. I think you can manage. But to answer your question. Yes its a good game.

lol, the clock is ticking for me (T-minus ~8mo), so I'm going to get in on as much gaming as possible this summer/winter.

Picked up the Alan pack, heard good things. Debating Bejeweled 3. I love Bejeweled, but $5 is retarded for a puzzle game.

God damn it.....

Just bought,

Max Payne 3
Toy soldiers
Grimrock
Alan Wake Francise (it was $10, only 1.25 more than the regular..... )
From Dust

This is a a bad start...only day 2 sigh

I just got Portal/Portal 2 pack for $6.24 w/ 15-seconds left on deal. Think I'm the only person who hasn't played either.

any thoughts on Alice: Madness Returns? its the new flash deal and at $4.99 im tempted to pick it up just based on the trailer and a few things i read in a quick google search

any thoughts on Alice: Madness Returns? its the new flash deal and at $4.99 im tempted to pick it up just based on the trailer and a few things i read in a quick google search

I bought it months ago and haven't played it yet, but i've heard mostly good things and for $5 hard to go wrong.

Alice: Madness Returns is a great deal on a great game. I would love to try out from dust but I saw it was ubisoft so that is a non starter for me.

I bought it months ago and haven't played it yet, but i've heard mostly good things and for $5 hard to go wrong.

Alice: Madness Returns is a great deal on a great game. I would love to try out from dust but I saw it was ubisoft so that is a non starter for me.

just picked it up, as you said, can't really go wrong at $5 :p though i think i need to start slowing down, i picked up Alan Wake right when it went up too haha

I just got Portal/Portal 2 pack for $6.24 w/ 15-seconds left on deal. Think I'm the only person who hasn't played either.

That was the price for both? If so, wow. I've only briefly played 2 but Portal was a mini-masterpiece. The pacing and puzzles were spot on but then you get to the end...or what you think is the end, and I've gotta say the last part (after the furnace) just made the game for me. Totally unexpected, but after finishing it you realize anything less would've been a disappointment coming from Valve. :) THIS IS WHY WE WANT HL3 EVEN THOUGH IT'S BEEN ELEVENTY BILLION YEARS SINCE HL2...

speedy523 said:

At $5 it's a no-brainer. The original Alice was very well received and I hear the second one continues the whimsical, twisted nature of the first title while bringing better graphics and a sometimes frustrating level of platform-ish jumping. The first one had some of that too, but it was well worth looking over to experience the characters, environments, dialogue, etc.

Now, for a question that hasn't been asked yet...why hasn't Dead Island gone on sale yet?? I was intrigued upon its release but the flaws made me hold out, glad that I didn't spend $50...but they haven't even thrown us a bone. At <$30 I'd consider it, at <$20 I'd think heavily and at <$15 it'd be a near insta-buy from me. Surely this game has to go on sale soon. If not, oh well, I can wait until the fall/winter sales but this game seems to go on sale less frequently than CoD and that's saying a lot.

Now, for a question that hasn't been asked yet...why hasn't Dead Island gone on sale yet?? I was intrigued upon its release but the flaws made me hold out, glad that I didn't spend $50...but they haven't even thrown us a bone. At <$30 I'd consider it, at <$20 I'd think heavily and at <$15 it'd be a near insta-buy from me. Surely this game has to go on sale soon. If not, oh well, I can wait until the fall/winter sales but this game seems to go on sale less frequently than CoD and that's saying a lot.

Dead Island was below $20 like a month ago. I am sure it will go below that price again soon.

i enjoyed it, but still haven't finished. pretty good puzzles, the combat can be somewhat annoying when switching weapons, but he atmosphere is great and it is a pretty good homage to the first one.

worth $5.

Max Payne 3 worth the $30 for the single player alone? Not really interested in its multiplayer.

What do you think about Civilization V Game of the Year Edition? It's 20 euros instead of 40, -50%.

I would wait for a 75% or better deal on Steam or elsewhere.

Also you should keep in mind the GOTY version will not include the new expansion. It also actually does not include every single DLC.

It has been on sale several times. Even more so if you consider other places. It isn't even $50 anymore MSRP most places now.

$15 here currently if you don't want to wait - http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/action/dead-island/

but it has been cheaper.

was trying to think of a game to play with my lady and I remembered "you don't know jack". i didn't even know if you could still buy it. turns out it is on steam and 50% off

truly fun fun party game.

ArmA II is one of those games best not used with Steam. Steam uses much needed system resources and auto updates, often destroying mod compatibility and I doubt you can use the beta patches with the Steam version.

Get it from Amazon or similar.
Arma II CO Is currently $19.99 Amazon!

Just bit on the Assasin's Creed Pack, even tho it only went down by like $5 during the Revelations flash sale, I figure at $45 that's like $11 a game and they're all the Director's Cut or Deluxe or w/e versions so meh. Hopefully they don't do some oddball flash sale on the pack in addition to the one they just did for Revelations! :p

Still looking at the GTA pack, Tales of Monkey Island, Skyrim (pretty please Steam?) or the Bethesda pack and maybe the Splinter Cell pack.I'm sorry wallet!

Well.. picked up the AC pack (barely on time there)
Also got:
Space Marine addons (at 75 cents or a dollar meh)
Alice: Madness Returns
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition (GW geek)

I thought about Anno 2070 but it's still a bit expensive.
Oh.. and who voted Bioshock 2 to 5 bucks .....

Amazon has steamable Bioshock 1 and 2 pack for 7.50.

Really tempted by Alice and Alan Wake.

Dude. There's eight days left in the sale.

I'm officially bored w/ the sales over the past few hours. Time for Valve to "WOW!" me w/ the new flash deals, community deal, or daily deal (1pm EST?)

I've spent $13. All I've bought so far is AC: Rev. There are a couple games I'm looking at that I might grab on the last day if they don't get a flash or daily deal to make them cheaper.

Dude. There's eight days left in the sale.

I wasn't so much complaining that it hasn't gone on sale during this particular sale so much as I hadn't really seen it go on a decent sale at all since its release. I just don't recall it ever being less than $30 on Steam (at best) since it has been out but apparently I was wrong and just missed the weekend or mid-week sales because people are claiming it has been that price before.

I'm not getting feisty because it hasn't gone on sale during the first 48 hours. ;) I know some were less than thrilled with it anyway so maybe I'll kick it to the side until it's $5-$7.50. The graphics and premise intrigue me but I hear it was pretty buggy and could be frustrating. How is the game in its current state? I'm guessing it received its last patch a while back and there won't be any more.

I wasn't so much complaining that it hasn't gone on sale during this particular sale so much as I hadn't really seen it go on a decent sale at all since its release. I just don't recall it ever being less than $30 on Steam (at best) since it has been out but apparently I was wrong and just missed the weekend or mid-week sales because people are claiming it has been that price before.

I'm not getting feisty because it hasn't gone on sale during the first 48 hours. ;) I know some were less than thrilled with it anyway so maybe I'll kick it to the side until it's $5-$7.50. The graphics and premise intrigue me but I hear it was pretty buggy and could be frustrating. How is the game in its current state? I'm guessing it received its last patch a while back and there won't be any more.

It's still buggy but not as buggy as it used to be. The quest system in co-op is a bit buggy in that not everyone can always see the quest markers and sometimes the lead player can't even see them, but that's the only big thing I've run into recently. The game is still really fun though. I think I paid $20 a long time ago for it and I don't regret it.

Back