Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

What is Ys Origin like? I don't follow anime stuff at all, but the screenshots on Steam look interesting.

lol, the clock is ticking for me (T-minus ~8mo), so I'm going to get in on as much gaming as possible this summer/winter.

Yeah, I'm in deep with a 1yo and 3.5yo so your plan sounds solid since time goes out the window once kids come into the picture, especially 2 or more. 1 isn't that bad at first, as for steam yea i picked up AW, grimrock, and trine 2, so far.. sure it'll take me 6 months just to get through them with the hour or two i get at night but i'll take what i can get :)

Brink was a very bad game. I wouldn't spend $2 for it. Are people still playing L4D2? I already have HL2 and Portal 2, so I voted for L4D2. Wondering if it will be worth the $5 if it wins.

I've only spent $13 so far...waiting for the "big boys" to start rolling out.

Last edited:
For anyone still on the fence about Anno; Ubisoft still hasn't patched it yet and it crashed so often on both of my machines that I had to ask for a refund.

Brink was a very bad game. I wouldn't spend $2 for it. Are people still playing L4D2? I already have HL2 and Portal 2, so I voted for L4D2. Wondering if it will be worth the $5 if it wins.

I've only spent $13 so far...waiting for the "big boys" to start rolling out.

Yeah tons of people still playing both L4D1 & L4D2

Pissed that I missed Alan Wake by 2 minutes. 8:02am.... :( I'll wait for it to come back around again. Not a big loss, but it was one I wanted to pick up cheap....

So far, ive picked up:
Payday: the heist,
Tribes Ascend Starter pack,
worms reloaded,
q.u.b.e.
SSF4 arcade edition...

Still waiting on a good arma2 deal

Sega Collection has a bunch of old games, which is awesome.

But $50, is way too steep for the nogalistic (Chome Spell Check sucks more dick than a Bangkok whore) value. I'd much rather get Linux distros.

Sega Collection has a bunch of old games, which is awesome.

But $50, is way too steep for the nogalistic (Chome Spell Check sucks more dick than a Bangkok whore) value. I'd much rather get Linux distros.

That is probably one of the better bundles. It includes all the old games and nearly all the total war games.

The steam community sucks. They keep picking games that have already been on sale for dirt cheap like pvz and bs 2. I wanted Rage god damn it! lol

The steam community sucks. They keep picking games that have already been on sale for dirt cheap like pvz and bs 2. I wanted Rage god damn it! lol

I can almost say with complete certainty that every game you could vote for will at least be a flash deal. So far a bunch of them have.

I see the voting as more of a "want it now or later" thing. Valve already made the deal with the publishers for the pricing. It's not like they pull numbers out of their ass and go "ITS ON SALE ZOMG 75%!!!".

Oh and just a warning if anyone didn't catch it, the daily sales have a grace period of 6-8 hours after the day changes over, so no rush.

But seriously, go buy Max Payne 3 now.

What is Ys Origin like? I don't follow anime stuff at all, but the screenshots on Steam look interesting.

It's kind of like older Zelda games as far as gameplay goes, but a lot more of a RPG. I just picked it up myself and from what fans of the series say it is very good.

Max Payne - $2.50
Max Payne 1 & 2 - $3.74

These are showing as daily deals with ~12 hours left but I don't see them on the main page.

For anyone still on the fence about Anno; Ubisoft still hasn't patched it yet and it crashed so often on both of my machines that I had to ask for a refund.

I bought it a while back from intkeys for $18. Its a cool game but the thing that pisses me off is the 3 machine registration limit. A real pain in the ass as I have had the game for 3 months and have already used 2... I plan on getting another ssd soon and that will put me on 3. For anyone who reinstalls windows regularly, this is terrible thing...

Max Payne - $2.50
Max Payne 1 & 2 - $3.74

These are showing as daily deals with ~12 hours left but I don't see them on the main page.

It's most likely part of the Max Payne 3 deal. Sometimes Steam will advertise the newest game as the deal but put the entire series on sale in case you want to play catch up on the story. Neat, eh?

b4utd5.jpg

However, wow todays deals are disappointing as fuck.

They need to hurry up and post the arma II sale so I can be done with this sale. Dead Usland 10? really? fuck off.

looks like my wallet can take a break. I already own anything i want that's on sale today. Maybe the flash deals will get me.

Orcs Must Die is a good buy at $3.74. Borderlands for $5 for anyone that doesn't have it.

Nothing for me today from those deals, but I'm gonna pick up the Max Payne 1 & 2 bundle, and Plants vs Zombies. I'd like Dead Island, but I'm backlogged too far to justify $10 when it will be $5 or less by the time I get to it. Cheap day today!

However, wow todays deals are disappointing as fuck.

They need to hurry up and post the arma II sale so I can be done with this sale. Dead Usland 10? really? fuck off.

Really? Just because YOU don't like the deals doesn't mean they're bad.

been living in a underground bunker for year.....

Is skyrim good ? If I loved fallout 3 + the DLC's
will I enjoy skyrim ?

What's the word on Two Worlds II? I generally like RPGs , but meta critic is fairly low at 6.3 and I don't really know anything about this game, nor do I want to read "professional" reviews.

Back