Start Folding the Easy Way!!

Welcome to the team you guys! Just don't forget to switch the team number to #33 since it is defaulted to that "other" team :)

This was changed in version 3.22 weeks ago. There is no default team anymore, and instead there is a "quick select" drop down box to fill the team number. The reason I had it that way before was to make it easier to start folding since users wouldn't need to remember the team number. This new method achieves the same thing, but doesn't favor any particular team.

19a15u.png

How awesome are you.

I would have left my teams number in there :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

This was changed in version 3.22 weeks ago. There is no default team anymore, and instead there is a "quick select" drop down box to fill the team number. The reason I had it that way before was to make it easier to start folding since users wouldn't need to remember the team number. This new method achieves the same thing, but doesn't favor any particular team.

19a15u.png

Haha!

That is why i'm going to continue to nominate you for the DC'er of the Month awards here. It has definately been awesome how your utility tool has brought new folders into the addiction who were just intimidated or didn't want to bother with going through to set up each client manually.

Until The new sticky is completed i thought i would bump this for some new folders :)

Love this thing for both CPU and GPU clients. So much easier. Standford should just link everyone to this.

and I love how even though I don't have a fan attached to my scythe ninja (just good airflow through my p182) folding 100% on the CPU and GPU only raises my q9550 to 50c and GTX260 to 80c lol

I just tried this out for the first time and after completing the first WU (P6900), the client looked like this:

TrackerFinish33.jpg

Since I'm used to seeing the client report that my WU uploaded successfully and what the average speed was, I'm a little concerned. Did this thing just delete a WU for no reason? There's no log or anything of it now, just a new log for the new WU...

Did this thing just delete a WU for no reason? There's no log or anything of it now, just a new log for the new WU...

No, you are good. Click on 'SMP' in the tracker and you will see the current WU log. If you want the tracker to save the finished logs, go to Setup>Configure>Client Settings>Client Options and check 'Save FAHlog.txt from completed WUs'.

I also used this fantastic tool to get folding up and running on 3 machines. I've only been at it a day and a half now but it looks like I am averaging around 40,000 ppd a day for team 33.

Glad to be onboard, although looking at threads around here is going to make me buy an SR-2...

I'd like to add my thanks to the list. Was wanting to set up my main for folding, this made it ridiculously easy. Now to see if it can handle the load.

0.png

I just tried this out for the first time and after completing the first WU (P6900), the client looked like this:

TrackerFinish33.jpg

Since I'm used to seeing the client report that my WU uploaded successfully and what the average speed was, I'm a little concerned. Did this thing just delete a WU for no reason? There's no log or anything of it now, just a new log for the new WU...

This is the normal behavior. All the clients have -oneunit flags so they exit when they complete WUs. If the FAHlog indicates a successful WU upload then the Tracker deletes the client work files. Basically there is no WU present when the Tracker deletes the files, so you are fine.

Also, that screenshot indicates that you didn't set a team number. Unless you plan to fold for default you may want to have a look at that.

This is the normal behavior. All the clients have -oneunit flags so they exit when they complete WUs. If the FAHlog indicates a successful WU upload then the Tracker deletes the client work files. Basically there is no WU present when the Tracker deletes the files, so you are fine.

Also, that screenshot indicates that you didn't set a team number. Unless you plan to fold for default you may want to have a look at that.

Good to know! I actually just edited out the team number to avoid making enemies. :p

This program is great though, jedi, and I'll be promoting it to my team. Truly awesome work and it's exactly what F@H has always needed. Hopefully more people get their feet wet and try folding now that you've literally taken out all the setup guesswork!

Has anyone been able to get the gaming pause to work? When I enable it my processing immediately halts because it thinks I have a game going. I think this may have to do with running 3 monitors which has my secondary card that drives the side panels (8600GT) locked at 3d clocks due to the nvidia dual monitor bug. Coincidentally this card also reports 'unstable hardware' failures even though I know it not to be, could this all be related or is this a program bug?

Has anyone been able to get the gaming pause to work? When I enable it my processing immediately halts because it thinks I have a game going. I think this may have to do with running 3 monitors which has my secondary card that drives the side panels (8600GT) locked at 3d clocks due to the nvidia dual monitor bug. Coincidentally this card also reports 'unstable hardware' failures even though I know it not to be, could this all be related or is this a program bug?

Use Setup -> Test Game List.

This will show what process is triggering the game detection. You can edit the games list (Games.txt) to remove anything that you don't want triggering it.

why does my points for my wu only show 481 when his shows near 8k ?

and the one for my gpu shows 1298 for points

why does my points for my wu only show 481 when his shows near 8k ?
You received 481 points because you did not receive bonus points for that unit. This can be due to a number of reasons. Either you have not yet completed the ten required SMP units to qualify for the bonus, you do not have a successful completion rate of at least 80%, or you did not complete the unit within the preferred deadline.

You received 481 points because you did not receive bonus points for that unit. This can be due to a number of reasons. Either you have not yet completed the ten required SMP units to qualify for the bonus, you do not have a successful completion rate of at least 80%, or you did not complete the unit within the preferred deadline.

ok its proabbly due to the 10smp units.

i just ran the single cpu client on each core for the longest time (long time). then seen this thread and how many more points people were getting.

you should be in good shape then. wait for the points to come flowing in.

You have your 465 folding, right?

Good info, I didn't know how the SMP bonus system worked. Is that why the 921 point units started showing up?

Good info, I didn't know how the SMP bonus system worked. Is that why the 921 point units started showing up?

The 921 number is the base point value for a 6701 or 6702 work unit. On a Q9650 I get around 4800 points for them with the bonus. It takes almost 24 hours to complete one.

The work unit assignment is basically random and depends on what the assignment server has available. It has nothing to do with whether or not you qualify for the bonus; you'll see the same units either way.

The 921 number is the base point value for a 6701 or 6702 work unit. On a Q9650 I get around 4800 points for them with the bonus. It takes almost 24 hours to complete one.

Gah, well I have been folding for 8 days nonstop on 4 rigs that complete 10-12 SMP WU a day each. I haven't seen bonus points yet, what am I doing wrong??:confused:

Are you using a passkey? Are any units failing? Are you finishing all the units within the preferred deadline?

Few Questions, that i couldn't figure out skimming the 13 pages

Does this automatically set the gpus to slightly higher priority?
The wu ends on -oneunit, but once it uploads, it restarts?

And, can you set where you want the clients to go? Or do they go where the trackers put?

Thanks

Few Questions, that i couldn't figure out skimming the 13 pages

Does this automatically set the gpus to slightly higher priority?
The wu ends on -oneunit, but once it uploads, it restarts?

And, can you set where you want the clients to go? Or do they go where the trackers put?

Thanks

dont know about the priority thing

but yes once it uploads it downloads a new unit and keeps on folding.

usually where you put the tracker program is where it creates all the folders it needs for each F@H program and WU. There may be a way to change it but i leave it as is cause it works so well.

Thanks...

Saddly, if your box has a server error, won't it just sit idle?

But it explains why people are posdting shut downs in the logs all the time.

Clears that up.

I have a question (anyone can answer this so please chime in):

If I completed a bigadv work unit at say 10:30AM, and the 11AM update rolls around and finishes calculating, will it count the bigadv that I completed at 10:30 AM, in the 11AM update? (bonus points and everything?)

Reason I'm asking is because I don't think I got bonus credit for the WU I just recently completed on my L5640 (6900). I have a passkey, I completed the required 10 SMPs, and I completed the WU before the deadline.

I guess I should just turn off everything and just leave the L5640 running and post updates by itself......I can't tell what points I got credited for on my mix of GPU/CPU folding on a particular update. :(

I have a question (anyone can answer this so please chime in):

If I completed a bigadv work unit at say 10:30AM, and the 11AM update rolls around and finishes calculating, will it count the bigadv that I completed at 10:30 AM, in the 11AM update? (bonus points and everything?)

thats too close to the update ive had it finish around that time and didnt show up till the next update after that. it all depends on how busy the F@H servers are to calculate.

but im pretty sure it wont show up on that update but will be there for the next one.

It's hard to say but in my 14 months running these WUs, it can take as much as two to three updates later to see the credit for the WU appear. Typically, the client will need to upload at least an hour before the next update for the credit to show. I was monitoring my clients a couple of days ago to determine how close to the update a -bigadv WU needs to upload for the credit to appear. If the client uploads ~30 minutes prior, it will most likely not register until the update following the one immediate. If it's ~1 hour prior, I've seen results updated with the -bigadv bonus credit. It is not always like this, but you can assume an approximate one hour minimum upload in advance of the update for credit appearance in the stats.

Reason I'm asking is because I don't think I got bonus credit for the WU I just recently completed on my L5640 (6900). I have a passkey, I completed the required 10 SMPs, and I completed the WU before the deadline.
You should contact Xilikon or Tobit if the credit does not appear sometime later today.

I guess I should just turn off everything and just leave the L5640 running and post updates by itself......I can't tell what points I got credited for on my mix of GPU/CPU folding on a particular update. :(
No need to do that since the -bigadv credit is such a huge spike it makes itself readily apparent. Select 'hourly' in your personal stats on the EOC page. You'll see the -bigadv credit spike very easily that way.

Last edited:
mekkanic, your stats are here. It looks like you did get credit for a bigadv today, but no bonus (standard point value for a P6900 is 8955). Have you had any SMP WUs fail or not complete? I believe you must complete 80% successfully, in addition to completing 10 WU, for the bonus to kick in.

I'd complete whatever WU you're currently running, but then switch back to standard SMP and complete a few WUs and verify you're getting a bonus before going back to bigadv.

Back