Starfield

Any of you trying to speed run up to ng+10 yet? How quickly can you get through a run? Seems like it would be immensely boring to get through that many times.
According to some posts on Reddit, you can do a run in an hour or so if you employ every trick. Getting the artifacts is pretty fast and you can crouch behind cover get out of combat with anything you don't want to fight. With some obnoxious use of the save system here and there you can get through each universe pretty quickly.

Reactions: w35t
like this
Three more mods I'd love.

1. Sprint while reloading.
2. Disable the climb-up feature.
3. All planets have 1.0 gravity.

Also someone will have to make an esp stealth mod to copy over Skyrim/FO4's mechanics because it seems like Sneak does absolutely nothing in Starfield.

Three more mods I'd love.

1. Sprint while reloading.
2. Disable the climb-up feature.
3. All planets have 1.0 gravity.

Also someone will have to make an esp stealth mod to copy over Skyrim/FO4's mechanics because it seems like Sneak does absolutely nothing in Starfield.

I definitely don't want that third one. That helps keep things interesting on different worlds.

Lol. I've never once actually picked up an item and placed it anywhere in any Bethesda game. I know you can do it, but I don't even know what button it is bound to.

The most I ever do is pick shit up and place it in inventory, and drop it if I don't want it.
It is the 'Z' key by default in older Bethesda games. Not sure if it's the same in this.

Any of you trying to speed run up to ng+10 yet? How quickly can you get through a run? Seems like it would be immensely boring to get through that many times.
After the spending a lot of time in the first play through, i speed ran to NG10. I did cheat a bit, by using console commands to set chance if variant to 100%. That did make it a bit more interesting, though only really the first 30 minutes, after that it is the same. It took about 3-4 hours per. The 24 temples are the big slowdown. You can likely skip if you don't care about upgrading the powers.

1696658708784.png

Last edited:
If anyone found a Magsniper and wondered why it was mediocre in damage.... its because it is a charge weapon. You have to hold down the fire button until fully charged for it to do full damage.

Oh man! Well, if pcgamer says so, then it MUST be true.

Anyways, opinions are like assholes.

On topic of the game now, I spent 3 hours the other night setting some bases for mining purposes and jumping between 2 planets to set up the convoy line. Here's hoping a mod comes out like the settlement mod in Fallout 4.
The way to solve it is by adding a "universal" container to the construction menu that is unified across all outposts.
You just put one down in each outpost and dump all resources into it and you can access it from anywhere.

The real issue is capacity limits. With no limit you can just sleep a few hours on Venus and generate thousands of everything.

I'm having trouble getting into this game. Way too many cutscenes, loading screens, and menus.

The way to solve it is by adding a "universal" container to the construction menu that is unified across all outposts.
You just put one down in each outpost and dump all resources into it and you can access it from anywhere.

The real issue is capacity limits. With no limit you can just sleep a few hours on Venus and generate thousands of everything.
Thanks!

The loading screens are really breaking immersion for me. Admittedly, I’m not too far into the game (it came ’free’ with the new laptop, admittedly so I could play said game) but even KOTAR I/II didn’t feel this bad going from scene to scene. I mention this as it‘s the last RPG I’ve really played.

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfi...20Km/starfield-updates-1-7-36-october-xx-2023

STARFIELD 1.7.36 UPDATE - FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
GENERAL
  • FOV: Sliders are now available in Settings that allow players using first person or third person to adjust their FOV.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
  • [PC ONLY] Improved stability for Intel Arc GPUs.
  • Various additional stability and performance improvements.
QUEST
  • Echoes of the Past: Addressed an issue where tunneling creatures could pick a location that would prevent progression.

If anyone found a Magsniper and wondered why it was mediocre in damage.... its because it is a charge weapon. You have to hold down the fire button until fully charged for it to do full damage.
Which kinda make it suck because it shakes the scope around around while charged and holding your breath does nothing. I tend to prefer the Hard Target.

Isn't that the one you get from the UC Vanguard questline? I got one with the same name but it was only a purple Rare, not Legendary.

Yes it is. Mine was legendary when I got it. Though I also did that quest much later in the game.

These two are my current favs. Got them around level 50. Still use them at 72.
last breath.png

vampire.png

Just pick up the Revenant from the UC/Crimson fleet quest at 72.
revenant.png

The Avatar I bought the same time as the first two, but don't use it. I didn't know about the charge ability. Going to have to see if I can one shot a high level Terramorph with it.

These two are my current favs. Got them around level 50. Still use them at 72.

Just pick up the Revenant from the UC/Crimson fleet quest at 72.

The Avatar I bought the same time as the first two, but don't use it. I didn't know about the charge ability. Going to have to see if I can one shot a high level Terramorph with it.
Vampires gift and Revenant were my faves by far, don't think I ever got the Avatar.

Vampires gift and Revenant were my faves by far, don't think I ever got the Avatar.
The thing that sucks is that it seems depending on when you first encounter those NPCs, the unique named weapons will get locked at whatever level, even if you don't buy them. So I never bothered with the Vampire's Gift because the stats sucked ass when I first encountered that guy.

Can anyone chime in on what their preferred HDR mod for this game is?

I just got a more capable HDR screen and want to give it a whirl this evening. I did a brief google, but there were so many different options I started getting a headache.

5800X3D
16gb
1440@144

yay or nay?

edit: from what I'm reading from other places, mostly nay.

Last edited:
5800X3D
16gb
1440@144

yay or nay?

With some settings tweaks and a lower DLSS setting, maybe.
Starfield hates AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs. I don't think the 5800 can hit 144fps in this game.

With some settings tweaks and a lower DLSS setting, maybe.
Starfield hates AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs. I don't think the 5800 can hit 144fps in this game.
noted.

wasn't really interested in the game. if my system could hold up to it, alright, I'll try it. but not if my system is going to be questionable.

thanks.

5800X3D
16gb
1440@144

yay or nay?

I have a 5800x3D and a 3080, it won't hit anywhere near 144 FPS at 1440p. And that's with several graphical settings turned down to High or Medium. It runs comfortably most of the time but will noticeably drop below 60 in large areas like Akila.

5800X3D
16gb
1440@144

yay or nay?

On a 3070 at ultra settings you'd probably get an average of about 40fps at 1440p at native resolution.

You could probably salvage that by a combination of lowering settings and using scaling. (know, I don't like scaling either, but if I am fair, it really isn't that bad)

The CPU might limit you a tiny bit in heavily populated cities, but of the non-current CPU's the 5800x3d is probably among the better CPU's at this game, so I'd expect drops under 60fps to be rather rare, only slightly below 60 (maybe 88?) and only in the worst case "tons of NPC's walking around" situations. Most of the action does not occur in heavily populated cities, so I think most of the time you'd be GPU limited, not CPU limited.

I'd buy the game on Steam, test it, and if you can't make it work to your satisfaction, request a refund and try it again later.

It's not a perfect title by any means, but it is worth playing. It's fun.

Man... I dunno if it speaks volumes to my sense of hoarding and completionism but I see people talking about star powers or something, where I assume it has something to do with the floaty artifacts at the constellation base....

I have well over 100 hours into this... for the most part I found the constellation missions boring so I just left them alone. Since I did finally play and "beat" skyrim, is this like if I were to just go around and completely ignore the dragonborn powers? lol... seems impossible

Man... I dunno if it speaks volumes to my sense of hoarding and completionism but I see people talking about star powers or something, where I assume it has something to do with the floaty artifacts at the constellation base....

I have well over 100 hours into this... for the most part I found the constellation missions boring so I just left them alone. Since I did finally play and "beat" skyrim, is this like if I were to just go around and completely ignore the dragonborn powers? lol... seems impossible
I just try and keep my cargo bays empty. This game forces junk on you way too often. No matter how many times I clean out the damn cargo bay I end up with hundreds of dumbells, coffee cups and other bullshit I'd never loot. Very annoying.

Yeah I already did NG+10 on my other character but I'm using this mod for my new one.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/4978

Makes hunting them a lot more fun. It's a shame most of the powers are useless.
That's pretty cool. If/when I do NG I'll definitely use a mod like this, the current system is just bonkers tedious.

There's also this mod, which seems pretty nice as well: https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/5039

Ideally, Quantum Essence would be like points to put into upgrading powers, but the actual use for them is just stupid and I've literally never used one.

Back