Starfield

RSI.

As an IT professional i can't stress my wrists any more with gaming after work.
I write for a living and prefer to game on a gamepad for that very reason. You do know you can buy a wireless xbox controller for pc right? That's how I do it I don't think I ever want to be limited by a console.
Though the b******* pricing on pc gear esp GPUs these last two years has made me skip upgrading I probably will keep skipping upgrading For at least another two years or so Or until my 2070 just can't handle it. Fortunately there are dozens of great indie games worth playing that are not taxing graphically.

Last edited:
I write for a living and prefer to game on a gamepad for that very reason. You do know you can buy a wireless xbox controller for pc right? That's how I do it I don't think I ever want to be limited by a console.
Though the b******* pricing on pc gear esp GPUs these last two years has made me skip upgrading I probably will keep skipping upgrading For at least another two years or so Or until my 2070 just can't handle it. Fortunately there are dozens of great indie games worth playing that are not taxing graphically.

$28 Xbox 360 controller still works great for me.

Off Topic:

Deltahub Carpios are amazing if you have RSI.
Ah thanks man i looked it up, but i'm too far gone for that :(

I'm sure alot of it is genetic, but i used to play competitive CS back in the day, and i would do warmup flash games on missionred with like full tension on my entire arm, i'm sure it did a bunch of damage. Actually wrecked my left arm up to the elbow, switched to right hand and practiced for a year, got good, and wrecked my right arm. So now i'm super conservative with it. Love factorio, when the expansion comes out i'll play it, but in limited doses. Wresting my arms in my lap with a controller is fine, so i switched to consoles a good 10 years ago. I guess i could steam with a controller but at that point i'm just lazy and play on console.

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfi...a-interactive-drug-use?utm_source=syndication

Age Restriction due to drug use in game for Aussys.

Screenshot_20230321-061301.png

Our M rating equivalent I am sure.
The US equivalent would be AO (adults only). M in USA is 17, but it's just a recommendation, stores can still sell to anyone if they want.

In Australia it's an actual law.
And I think it changed just a couple years ago, but any game that exceeded the M equivalent rating was simply banned from sale.

The US equivalent would be AO (adults only). M in USA is 17, but it's just a recommendation, stores can still sell to anyone if they want.

In Australia it's an actual law.
And I think it changed just a couple years ago, but any game that exceeded the M equivalent rating was simply banned from sale.
It's "effectively" banned from sale like games with an AO rating in the States. Retailers refuse to sell games with such ratings, but there is no legal precedent that prevents the sale of those titles in either country.

It's "effectively" banned from sale like games with an AO rating in the States. Retailers refuse to sell games with such ratings, but there is no legal precedent that prevents the sale of those titles in either country.
Yeah it doesn't really matter anymore since most people buy digital copies now. Maybe it does in Australia though idk.

System Reqs and preorder are up.
Worth mentioning both editions are 20% off on GreenMan.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

It's a Gamepass title isn't it? Seems like the way to go for newer titles if you can. The days of locked down executables/configs are over and the price is right.

I will say it again: Hello Games should be getting a royalty cut.

I see enough here that it would have to be a complete disaster for me to avoid it and I'm saying that as someone that's been down on Bethesda for a while. This isn't Fallout 76 in space. Some of it is potentially impressive. They will have to try hard to screw that up.

Last edited:
Combat looks passable but the big problem will remain. Bullet sponge enemies, like Fallout games. Unavoidable unless they change the way levels work. Otherwise you'll be launching 30 grenades at a half naked man, see everything around them get destroyed only for them to move as if nothing happened. Space combat looks simple but is expected, looks like it may be fun enough.

Characters look bad, I expected that but was hoping for something a bit better. I know with the hundreds of characters you probably meet in the game they couldn't make them all look good. But still, they look more like something from an 8 year old game.

Rest of it looks okay to good. Can't really tell how good the story is, and I think that will need to be good to make it be more than doing repeating activities over and over.

Last edited:
Cool environments, mediocre writing, combat looks meh, character models look so so (stiff, uncanny valley), cities look varied and well designed, UI is a mix of elegant and clunky. Exploration looks awesome and the most promising aspect.

Once the adoring fam showed up I felt like I was watching oblivion or skyrim but with a new coat of paint. Same exact character same exact voice but in space.

Will launch with a ton of bugs and incomplete features so anyone preordering this is just asking for disappointment.

Last edited:
I know everyone likes to say Fallout or Elder Scrolls in space...but that's exactly what this looks like...not that it's a bad thing...all of the recent Fallout and Elder Scrolls games were enjoyable (I haven't played Fallout 76)...same with Ubisoft...all the Far Cry and Assassin's Creed games are basically reskins in a new setting with some new features but they're basically the same game...as long as you don't play every new version they are fun...they are never going to be GOTY material but they are fun in a gamey way

I know everyone likes to say Fallout or Elder Scrolls in space...but that's exactly what this looks like...not that it's a bad thing...all of the recent Fallout and Elder Scrolls games were enjoyable (I haven't played Fallout 76)...same with Ubisoft...all the Far Cry and Assassin's Creed games are basically reskins in a new setting with some new features but they're basically the same game...as long as you don't play every new version they are fun...they are never going to be GOTY material but they are fun in a gamey way
No. I am a gamer of refined tastes, and every meal must be the equivalent of filet mignon or else it's not worth playing! /sarcasm

I'm definitely in the market for another cookiecutter Bethesda game in the style of Fallout 3+ and Elder Scrolls, so I'm hoping that Starfield is just that. I did catch some of the live event where they were talking about building and customizing a space ship and I got worried that it was a super serious space sim, so I am a bit concerned about that. If building a space ship is just like building settlements in FO4, then I can handle that.

I was expecting a bigger leap in visual fidelity with the new engine...it definitely looks better than the old Creation engine but it also has that filmic grainy look to it as well...

I'm definitely in the market for another cookiecutter Bethesda game in the style of Fallout 3+ and Elder Scrolls, so I'm hoping that Starfield is just that. I did catch some of the live event where they were talking about building and customizing a space ship and I got worried that it was a super serious space sim, so I am a bit concerned about that. If building a space ship is just like building settlements in FO4, then I can handle that.
Bethesda is like the McDonald's of video games, there's never anything that would too technical or complex to not appeal to mainstream tastes, so you needn't worry.

you really think Bethesda is going to make things super complicated?...upgrades will be a click of a button...they would never go very deep or complicated like a sim as that would turn off their core fanbase

Back