Starcraft 2 Beta

if anyone wants to get on and do some 2's, add me at speedy.speedy, ill be on for at least a few hours...if people want to play :D

but a warning, im still learning, thus im not that great :p

Hey serpico, whats your online bnet account? We should play some 1v1's sometime.

OHYEAH.talkingpunch (Blizzard wouldn't let me use my normal KoolAidMan so I had to go with an even dumber name :))

I don't play as often as I'd like though, 2-3 days at a time every 5-7 days. You're also WAY out of my league; I currently 2v2 silver and for some reason 1v1 bronze (during my placements after the last reset I beat a gold level player but got cheesed twice in a row by bronze players).

In any case, you'd thrash me with your platinum level skills, haha. I'm always down for 2v2 though, that's always fun. Hit me up if you see me.

ALERT: If you are on Facebook then you might want to become a fan of Starcraft

http://www.facebook.com/StarCraft

For the next three weeks they will be posting beta keys at random. They already posted five today.

Now, you'll be competing with tens of thousands of other fans without keys, but its worth a shot!

lol I tried a key15 seconds after it was posted and the key was gone. Fuck it, I'll just play with bots.

Too anyone who is trying to get one like I did, I noticed that they were releasing in hour (+1 to 2) intervals. I had just gotten home and it was 20 mins to 6:30, 1 hour and 40 mins had passed since the last key was put up. I set up two firefox sessions and snapped em to each side (One of favorite Windows 7 features). FB on the left and the Add Game screen on the right. I started refreshing and and highlighting the first key every time. Seriously did this for 20 mins and it finally changed. With the key highlighted I left clicked and held the button down to pull off what text was highlighted (one of my fav features of FF) and dragged it into Add Game text box in other session, then spammed the Add Game button! Still can't believe it, perfecting timing and a lot of luck but, doable if you have the patience.

They are not giving anymore keys away today so check back tomorrow if you want to try. I just finished my placement matches and well I sucked. I got to used to playing to computers I guess, if you want to play with me my name is jub.jbit send me an invite sometime. Good luck to you all!

wtf just logged in my bnet account and i see SC2?!?!

People on TL are saying another wave started today. Lots of people finding the game in their bnet account with no emails. Maybe I will get a second key today :D.

can i still send a key to a friend? or is that over

Edit:

Ya that friends things over, you would have had to been in beta when they did to receive a second key. You can only claim each key once.

What lasts longer?

the lifespan of a lightning flash or the Protoss Mothership in a fight?

my brother just got a beta account! there was no key though, they just validate his email address as the account. so... how does he invite-a-friend (me of course :D)? or is invite-a-friend only limited to certain accounts?

my brother just got a beta account! there was no key though, they just validate his email address as the account. so... how does he invite-a-friend (me of course :D)? or is invite-a-friend only limited to certain accounts?

Invite-a-friend was a one-time thing that happened a few weeks ago. If Blizzard decides to send out more F&F invites then they'll do it again. I think they want to keep the servers with 10000 concurrent players at the moment. When they see that number dip significantly, and it has floated around the 7000-8000 mark the last few days, then the floodgates open again.

Now, whether they do it via F&F invites or they just offer more keys at random, I dunno, we'll see. Hopefully they do another F&F invite round, we'll see.

None of my friends have any luck. I know of 6 people around here that applied and didn't get in. Gonna be SOL if it's friend invite again.

Hey guys. I don't have a b.net account but I'm looking to play the beta... if I were to sign up for the account, is there a chance I would make it in?

Hey guys. I don't have a b.net account but I'm looking to play the beta... if I were to sign up for the account, is there a chance I would make it in?

It's possible. I got an invite barely a week after signing up. That was two weeks ago. Lucky, I know, but not impossible. I don't know how long the beta is going to go for though...

Got the Battle Chest for $5, so I'll use it to learn how to play :D

Last edited:
"Blizzard has announced a $99.99 Collector's Edition for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, packing goodies including a 176-page art book, a 'Thor' unit pet for World of Warcraft and the original StarCraft plus expansion on a USB thumb drive shaped like protagonist Jim Raynor's dog tag".

lol.

60 bucks isn't that appealing to me either.

I'll get the CE. I don't ever buy those things, but I'll do it for Starcraft. Been waiting for the sequel for since I finished the original+expansion(I bought the first one the week it came out).

For a Starcraft fan, and being in the beta the game is worth 60. Hundreds of hours on just the multiplayer alone.

$60 msrp. Lol, looks like I'll be waiting till it drops to $50. Screw activision and their 60 dollar game prices.

60$? no thanks. I'm not going to support games at this price point. If that means I have to wait a year or two before the price drops, so be it.

I'm not happy about the $60, but for the amount of time i know i will be putting into it I will bite... if it was anything BUT StarCraft I probably would not be getting it right off the bat...

I'm not happy about the $60, but for the amount of time i know i will be putting into it I will bite... if it was anything BUT StarCraft I probably would not be getting it right off the bat...

Same here, SC is one of the few titles I would be willing to drop $60 on.

Regarding the $60 MSRP, this is nothing new for Blizzard.

Diablo II is available immediately at most computer and software retail chains for approximately $60.
http://web.archive.org/web/20010204015800/www.blizzard.com/press/000717.shtml

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos is available at retail chains worldwide for Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP and Macintosh® formats, at a price of approximately $55-$60.
http://web.archive.org/web/20020802110624/www.blizzard.com/press/020722war3.shtml

If $60 is too rich for your blood then maybe you can wait and see if Frys or Amazon discount it $5 or $10 or something. Considering the length of the single player campaign and the amount of multiplayer I've already played in the beta, I think I'll be getting more than my money's worth here.

$60 is not that bad. I'm pretty sure a significant amount of people are willing to pay much more than that to have it now...me included :D

Wow when did they change the price? I ordered it 2 days ago with the 20% off at Gamestop and paid $40 for it.

Wow when did they change the price? I ordered it 2 days ago with the 20% off at Gamestop and paid $40 for it.

Blizzard just announced their MSRP for SC2 at 60, with the CE at 100. gamestop was at 50 still last time i checked, but it seems they just raised it to 60, though they havent put up the CE for sale yet

I'll get the CE. I don't ever buy those things, but I'll do it for Starcraft. Been waiting for the sequel for since I finished the original+expansion(I bought the first one the week it came out).

For a Starcraft fan, and being in the beta the game is worth 60. Hundreds of hours on just the multiplayer alone.

Same here man, I don't ever buy CE, but for SC2, I will!

SC2 I'll buy collector's edition to. Just like Diablo 3. I would have bought Collector's for WC2 if they had it at the time.

SC2 collector's will be the first time I buy a collector's edition of any game.

Back