Star Wars: The Old Republic BETA

o.0 Well, I signed up for the beta (I sign up for almost everything, lol), might check and find out what all this hoopla is about.

I didn't sign up for this beta even though I can't wait for the game to come out. I don't wanna spoil it by playing 10 or so levels in a zone or 2. I'll wait.

Alright. I figured that thread was about speculation and general here-say. I figured I'd make one to discuss actual gameplay. Mod can close this.

Alright. I figured that thread was about speculation and general here-say. I figured I'd make one to discuss actual gameplay. Mod can close this.

You do realize all the NDA permits is saying there is a test and you are in it?

You do realize all the NDA permits is saying there is a test and you are in it?

Seriously man. How exactly is anyone talking here about the beta gonna get caught? You think BW is gonna call Kyle and DEMAND your ip or email address? LOL Or are they gonna somehow figure out your in game login/email addy and in game name and know who you are here? Or are you trying to take the moral high ground and be all about the righteous " you signed the nda and broke your promise thing?" I mean really dude if the guy wants to talk about the game let him be. I'm pretty sure the Bioware/EA gods aren't gonna cast him out of heaven and sue him into hell.

Please tell me how they will know how to correlate who's who here and who that same person is that's playing in their beta. I'm really curious.

Seriously man. How exactly is anyone talking here about the beta gonna get caught? You think BW is gonna call Kyle and DEMAND your ip or email address? LOL Or are they gonna somehow figure out your in game login/email addy and in game name and know who you are here? Or are you trying to take the moral high ground and be all about the righteous " you signed the nda and broke your promise thing?" I mean really dude if the guy wants to talk about the game let him be. I'm pretty sure the Bioware/EA gods aren't gonna cast him out of heaven and sue him into hell.

Please tell me how they will know how to correlate who's who here and who that same person is that's playing in their beta. I'm really curious.

Guess character and integrity aren't worth much anymore. :mad:

was there a huge wave of signups or something?? If we didnt get an email were f'ed??

Any sites giving out beta keys ala fileplanet for paid signups?

I've always been surprised at how seriously (non-press) people take NDAs. Pretty funny, really.

NDA's and 'beta' testing stopped meaning anything 10 years ago. It used to be an exclusive thing to be a beta tester. You would get personal phone calls and be interviewed. You were expected to provide timely feedback or be dismissed. Now days you fill out a web form and anonymously download the client. After you form your opinion on whether or not your going to pay for this (the reason you wanted to play the beta), you either delete the client and bitch about how the 'beta' sucks on message boards, or you buy it. The game ends up shipping in a non-finished beta state, like all other mmo's, and the company just lost money because they shipped a bad game and gave opportunity for people to find out about that before it hit the shelf. Sound about right?

Guess character and integrity aren't worth much anymore. :mad:

It's just a game bro. Chill out.

NDA's and 'beta' testing stopped meaning anything 10 years ago. It used to be an exclusive thing to be a beta tester. You would get personal phone calls and be interviewed. You were expected to provide timely feedback or be dismissed. Now days you fill out a web form and anonymously download the client. After you form your opinion on whether or not your going to pay for this (the reason you wanted to play the beta), you either delete the client and bitch about how the 'beta' sucks on message boards, or you buy it. The game ends up shipping in a non-finished beta state, like all other mmo's, and the company just lost money because they shipped a bad game and gave opportunity for people to find out about that before it hit the shelf. Sound about right?

Exactly.

Nicely said, and that accurately describes the fate of most MMO's except WoW.

I've always been surprised at how seriously (non-press) people take NDAs. Pretty funny, really.

There is still an element of honoring the wishes of the developers. If they are offering a chance to play the game but do not wish things released to the public, doing so anyway is kind of like pissing on their good will.

Back