Star Wars: Squadrons

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Hell, bring those on too if it broadens the appeal a bit and the revenue supports further development.
If "further development" has a cost of diminishing the quality of the product isn't it pointless? I'd rather have less, quality content then lots of crap.

I don't think Live service is an improvement over microtransactions. At least with the latter you could play the campaign in one breath. Now we'll probably have to wait months to play a 3 mission mini campaign a few times in a year. And end up paying more and getting less for the money.
Well that is more of an MP thing. For campaign games that is terrible. It works okay for sandbox style games like Hitman, but most people just wait for the game to come out in full anyways. I know I did.

odditory

Supreme [H]ardness
Getting more hyped for this game, after reading that you'll be able to optionally fly in HUD-less mode, relying purely on the cockpit sensors and gauges for managing everything.

Just preordered an HP Reverb G2 VR headset which should be out before this game. Will consider a HOTAS stick after I've spent some time with the game to decide if I want to invest further.

Last edited:

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Pre-ordered for $32 at CD Keys. I bet I'll resent myself for pre-ordering eventually, but I'll see how it goes. I'm a sucker for flight/space combat games so took a gamble.

M76

[H]F Junkie
I suspect it is like Forza Horizon 4, the single player bit only exists to fool you into playing the multiplayer. Not falling for that ruse again.

M76

[H]F Junkie
I never touched the multiplayer in Horizon 4.
I didn't either. But the single player campaign ended by the game basically telling me: now go play multiplayer. Like that was the reward for completing the very short campaign.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I didn't either. But the single player campaign ended by the game basically telling me: now go play multiplayer. Like that was the reward for completing the very short campaign.
I mean, it took me around 30 hours to finish everything in the base single player game. I think that was money well spent. Unless we're considering 30 hours short these days.