Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

None of us know because the thread has now devolved into some kind of PC debate about women.

None of us know because there is nothing to play until October 8 open beta. The Alpha was months ago, and most of those people couldn't say anything due to NDA.

Ironic how some of you can spend upwards of thousands on your PCs, yet scavenge software deals that only cost a fraction of your computer cost at full price. lol

I also wait for sales to build. Do you really think the people waiting on software deals don't wait for hardware sales?

This is sort of like saying how it is ironic that you waited for a sale on a new TV when it costs a fraction of what your home costs at full price.

It's becoming increasingly annoying reading about games before they come out. Gamers nowadays are so whiny and angry. They complain about every little single thing they can think of, it's unreal.

Gamers don't even get excited about games, they just need to find something to nitpick and complain about, and then flood a forum or start petitions. It's insane.

There's so much hate for this game already, and it's not just on this website.

A freaking Star Wars game is coming out where you can battle it out on huge maps just like you did in the previous games...yet people whine and complain about how much the game costs (games have been $60 fucking dollars since NES days), who's developing it, when it's releasing, whether or not there's a day 1 patch, etc.

I seriously hate the fact that I am a gamer and am grouped in with these pathetic assholes.

A freaking Star Wars game is coming out where you can battle it out on huge maps just like you did in the previous games...yet people whine and complain about how much the game costs (games have been $60 fucking dollars since NES days), who's developing it, when it's releasing, whether or not there's a day 1 patch, etc.

you left out- no server browser and no space battles :D

It's becoming increasingly annoying reading about games before they come out. Gamers nowadays are so whiny and angry. They complain about every little single thing they can think of, it's unreal.

I partially agree with you, but a lot of it comes from a place of being manipulated and flat-out lied to by developers and publishers, and delivered a shitty, broken product too many times. I personally feel like I have to approach a new title with an air of extremely cautious optimism because more often than not we end up getting shafted by bullshots, day one DLC, shitty console porting, lack of PC features, etc.

Gamers don't even get excited about games, they just need to find something to nitpick and complain about, and then flood a forum or start petitions. It's insane.

i agree, this seems to be the case for some people. i can understand not being interested in a game or maybe being disappointed in its execution. what should be "eh it's not for me" turns into incessant whining.

Gamers don't even get excited about games, they just need to find something to nitpick and complain about, and then flood a forum or start petitions. It's insane

the opposite is also true...too many people are just willing to accept anything thrown out there...just because Battlefront is a new Star Wars game doesn't automatically make it an amazing game...blindly loving everything is the definition of a fanboy...PC gamers deserve a higher level of quality...developers have the resources to make the PC platform far above the consoles but time and again they continue to dumb down games for PC and consider it an afterthought...graphics, PC specific settings, multiplayer etc should all be better but too often we get a simple port

there are a certain group of people who nitpick every game but overall most well made PC games get the praise they deserve

the opposite is also true...too many people are just willing to accept anything thrown out there...

It reminds me of an exchange I saw. One guy said he wasn't impressed with what he had seen, and another poster jumped on him saying you shouldn't judge the game until you play it. Then went on to say the game was going to be amazing.

I am genuinely excited about this game. I can't wait to take a light saber to a laser blaster fight lol.

There's so much hate for this game already, and it's not just on this website.

I seriously hate the fact that I am a gamer and am grouped in with these pathetic assholes.

Amen. Perfectly stated.

It reminds me of an exchange I saw. One guy said he wasn't impressed with what he had seen, and another poster jumped on him saying you shouldn't judge the game until you play it. Then went on to say the game was going to be amazing.

It's unfortunate demos went away because the first part of the exchange has his right to be unimpressed. The second is also true, reminds me of The Witcher 3 where (actual) screenshots didn't do it justice. I suppose there are YouTube gameplay videos these days. Just so much better actually playing it.

What pisses me off is when someone won't stfu about how bad a game is and never saw nor played it.

In the case of this threads game, join the Beta that starts in a few days. It's free then rant.

a lot of people only started complaining after playing the alpha...so it's not like they were complaining without any actual hands on...as far as the beta I will most likely try it out but with the Uncharted remastered edition coming out a day later it's going to be tough

This seems like an easy game to "predict" though. If you are interested in a modern Battlefield (3/4) game with Star Wars aesthetics/presentation that is probably what it is going to be.

Personally the biggest draw of this game to me is no iron sights. I'm horrible with iron sights, I think my accuracy went up 2x+ and kdr by 3x+ whenever I unlocked the first sights in BF3/4. For this reason I'd probably avoid any infantry role if Battlefield moved back to historical periods (eg. WW2).

But with game prices up now due to the USD this will have to unseat Fallout 4 on my purchase list which will probably be hard.

Actual statement - "I have concerns regarding what I've seen and read about this game and the developer"
Internet translation- "Bitch bitch whine moan fanboy hater SJW GG"

None of us know because there is nothing to play until October 8 open beta. The Alpha was months ago, and most of those people couldn't say anything due to NDA.

I was in the alpha, the game was 'ok' nothing mind blowing and feels like it would get stale after a few months like every other game nowadays.

Actual statement - "I have concerns regarding what I've seen and read about this game and the developer"

that's a completely reasonable statement. of course i'm just some random dude on the internet so nobody gives a shit what's reasonable to me :D

that's a completely reasonable statement. of course i'm just some random dude on the internet so nobody gives a shit what's reasonable to me :D

Except literally nobody ever makes a statement that reasonable when talking about a game. Instead its a race to the hip and edgy bottom.

IGN story says 11gb install for beta. "Additionally, the beta will be available to pre-load on PC from 1am PT / 4am ET / 9am GMT on October 7 by looking in the appropriate section of the Origin store."

They need to remake Star Wars Galaxies, I'll gladly defend that game.

I thought it was supposed to be open, so presumably it'll show up in Origin when it's time?

http://gamesystemrequirements.com/game/star-wars-battlefront-2015

These are the system requirements. It will be the first new PC game for me. (formally a console guy)
I do have the required 8 GB system RAM and can upgrade easily to 16 GB system RAM. I have an O/C 860k CPU and 2 HD 7970s that can both run at over 1100 MHZ. The good thing is that Frostbite 3 looks to be vRAM friendly. This game will probably use a bit more than Battlefield 4, but 3 GB should be enough for 1080p with AA and 4k w/o AA. I can't wait!

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/90/much-vram-need-1080p-1440p-4k-aa-enabled/index.html

Hopefully people start posting some performance numbers. Happen to be on the low-end of things with a GTX 660. Was trying to hold off til the next-gen GPU's come out, but if it's that bad and forces my hand I might have to do some financial shuffling.

the beta unlocks tonight at 4:00 AM (EST)...looking forward to giving it a go...the Uncharted trilogy remaster hits on Friday so if the beta doesn't grab me after 2 days I might have to switchover to Uncharted

edit: correction, the pre-load begins tonight at 4:00 AM...the actual unlock isn't until Thursday

Last edited:
oh lordy, I can already see the console kiddies squirting tears over "OP Vader" until they overflow the Battlefront forum.

I'm sorry, But I'm calling you out.
Why are you a fucking prick all the time?

a lot of people on here are tired of his posts...I'm wondering how old he is because he sounds like some bitter old man always complaining about 'kids' these days and Reddit, fanboys etc...you literally can't make any skeptical or critical post without him coming on to scold you...want to pay less then full price for a game?...nope, DPI won't have it and will go on his rant about $5 Steam sales etc...tons of people on here are tired of his shtick yet he continues ad nasuem

I bet you think this song is about you.mp3

Sorry, sparky! :) But I'm not talking about all console owners (PS4 owner here), I'm talking about the "Please NERF!" brigade that floods into the Battlelog forums any time DICE puts something in a game they don't like or think is OP, and they're almost always consolers (logo in their profile). The "VADER OP!" threads are coming sure as the sun will rise tomorrow.

a lot of people on here are tired of his posts...

Touche'

I'm still not gonna unfriend you on Facebook though.

Last edited:
Console kiddies? Good to see the PC Master Race is still alive and strong. It's a wonder more console users haven't shifted over to the PC :rolleyes:

Idk man I watched the whole thing and it just reeks of eeh. Id heard rumors this is going to be super arcadie? Thats the impression I got from this. I remain extremely cautiously optimistic. I know Im crazy but I guess Im the one guy who wanted BF with star wars skins like the old Galactic mod. Im not hot on jedis and power ups.

Idk man I watched the whole thing and it just reeks of eeh. Id heard rumors this is going to be super arcadie? Thats the impression I got from this. I remain extremely cautiously optimistic. I know Im crazy but I guess Im the one guy who wanted BF with star wars skins like the old Galactic mod. Im not hot on jedis and power ups.

while I agree saying i wanted a more serious game. But when im shooting lazerz and blasting AT-AT's while riding a tauntaun on Hoth... I shouldnt expect anything more then arcadey lol

Back