Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I think originally they said that both the freelancer and the hornet brochures would come out before the hanger release, then it got changed to just the hornet, then the week after the release, and now TBA.

nah freelancer was always planned after the hangar.

chris said in that IEEE live stream that they planned for the hornet then hangar and then freelancer/connie in the coming months

Yup, saw that stream live.

Edit:
And no go for the getting a digital version of the posters :(, I suspect they do have them (obviously there have to be some masters) but don't want to share them in the off chance people start making prints of them to sell on their own. And they're kinda right except I wanted to make prints of them (possible 18x24) to add them to the giveaway. Oh well, they intend to make them available at the store later on for everyone.

OlGh85r.jpg

Last edited:
Expanding on the free 5k credits news. This thing has a pretty blatant way to be exploited I'm surprised no one has made light of it on the forums. So I just straight up told them.

Make as many accounts as you want.
Spend 5 bucks on each of them to become tagged as a backer.
Each account receives 5k credits.
Buy massive amounts of items with such free credits.
Sell those items to yourself for 1 credit a piece.
Sell items in the black market or save them for sale in the future.
Enjoy massive profits.

Last edited:
Well remember these are free credits that we're talking about. And that last part of the quote needs some more clarification. It mentions selling it to an NPC(if/when they are implemented), which might still mean we can get all (or some?) of those credits back (or even turn a profit?).

It doesn't matter they were free. The credits don't matter at all. It's the idea that any changes and equipment purchases we make at this stage are permanent. This should be the time to test everything and "try to break" the game, not make decisions two years in advance on a barely functiobal product. Most people are already talking about not doing anything ingame.

I highly doubt selling it to NPCs will bring back all the money, since they mentioned selling it to other people too.

even if you choose not to spend the credits they give you, you can still mess around with different weapon loadouts and equipment. assuming you have more than one ship you can move parts around like the engine off the 315p to a hornet or the weapons on the hornet over too an m50 ect and test different loadouts that way.

That is extremely limited. Not only are there few parts on the ships, many are not interchangeable. Not to mention most have only one ship.

This is a really bad decision and totally against the idea of beta testing the product. We should be pushed into experimenting and giving the game a real workout, not saving and not touching anything.

To top it all of, nothing is balanced yet and all stats are subject to change. And they are expecting us to make decisions based on that and two years (!!!) before the game is actually out?

I'm shocked they went this way.

I agree. Now I really have do desire to even download the hangar module. What's the point if I can't really play around with it? If all my decisions in a TEST are going to be permanent, I'll just skip the tests and wait for the actual game to come out.

Am the only one who is just happy that i got 5k free credits?

if you don't want to spend your FREE! money when don't. they aren't forcing you to. and if you have more than 1 ship then you can just swap their parts back and forth.

all this nerd rage about something good, just bows my mind.

and as far as it getting exploited i don't see this as being an issue unless some one wants to make 100 accounts and buy 100 packages that have alpha and beta access. which is not really worth the money.

We don't care about the credits, we care about tinkering with the game and testing it, which makes a better product in the end.

We don't care about the credits, we care about tinkering with the game and testing it, which makes a better product in the end.

ya apparently you do since if they decided to not give us any this wouldnt be an issue.

plus we don't really know what we will or will not be buying besides a fish tank. so lets wait and see before we start flipping out.

and if it ends up being a huge issue i am sure the devs will act acordingly.

Last edited:
Am I the only one thinking that this 5k is not going to be a significant amount of money? People are acting like this is winning the lottery or something. It's the same amount being tossed in as a perk in many packages. Like an extra back pack in MMOs or something.

I have something like 70K in credits coming (and I still plan on buying more packages depending on how other things shake out) and still don't think that's going to be all that significant a few weeks after the game comes out.

Ya i think. 5k is basically a drop in the bucket. the amounts they give you in the packages is probably only enough to rearm and refule a few times and to cover docking fees for a bit.

ya apparently you do since if they decided to not give us any this wouldnt be an issue.

plus we don't really know what we will or will not be buying besides a fish tank. so lets wait and see before we start flipping out.

and if it ends up being a huge issue i am sure the devs will act acordingly.

You should reread my posts. 5K is pocket change in this game and I really don't care about it. I would much rather they gave us items to play with for free and take them away later. Firstly, we would get to test all the possible configurations for them. Secondly, we would be all hyped up to actually buy our prefered ones with "real" credits.

you cant make any changes to your hangar that will break your game for release so its moot, decorate how you want and wait to buy some weapons later, the real testing doesnt begin until dogfight module pretty much the hangar module is for pc config testing to check for system compatibility issues not for trying to break the hangar.

i looked at the comm links, couldnt find it

link?

we get them when we get the hangar module

Now I really have do desire to even download the hangar module.

this guy was given the knowledge that the hangar would be more than just a hangar, and the privilege of free resources to buy those extra features, and now he likes the hangar less than before. remember what you read, folks. it's not fair to say only girls are illogical. lots of boys are too!

Expanding on the free 5k credits news. This thing has a pretty blatant way to be exploited I'm surprised no one has made light of it on the forums. So I just straight up told them.

Enjoy massive profits.

But those credit all cost you $5 per 5,000, which may not even be a deal. They are not free credits at all.

this guy was given the knowledge that the hangar would be more than just a hangar, and the privilege of free resources to buy those extra features, and now he likes the hangar less than before. remember what you read, folks. it's not fair to say only girls are illogical. lots of boys are too!

girls Aren't illogical they just can't do math or drive :D

Enjoy massive profits.

doubtful they are disributing 5k to people who have only bought a skin.

likely alpha access is required. which is a lot more than 5$.

So because I got nowhere with the posters request, I guilted Chelsea into giving me her favorite quote from a Nicolas Cage movie.

:D
AHVo8kI.jpg

So because I got nowhere with the posters request, I guilted Chelsea into giving me her favorite quote from a Nicolas Cage movie.

:D
AHVo8kI.jpg

You have the best ability to not only ask some great questions, but give them fun stuff to do as well!

Fuck it, I just broke down and bought a Freelancer. I was planning on earning an Aurora and work my way up to a Freelancer then Starfarer in game but I wanted to see them up close lol and I can always melt them back for credit.

Ya. Gonna be selling an old paintball gun and if I do I wanna buy a freelancer to go with my cutlass. Then my real question, keep the cutlass and lancer or melt for a connie

Fuck it, I just broke down and bought a Freelancer. I was planning on earning an Aurora and work my way up to a Freelancer then Starfarer in game but I wanted to see them up close lol and I can always melt them back for credit.

ya really the only reason i keep buying all these ships is because I want to play around with them before the game comes out. not because I want a head start ingame. well that and SC is totally awesome. :D

Last edited:
new website updates are up that add your UEC credits to your My RSI tab, you only get your pledge backer credits right now not your 5k for the hangar so i have 2000 UEC atm

I've been reading a lot more into this game, and I'm starting to understand it. I'm thinking about jumping on the $40 pledge package.

new website updates are up that add your UEC credits to your My RSI tab, you only get your pledge backer credits right now not your 5k for the hangar so i have 2000 UEC atm
So that means UEC credits are non transferable, then again I wouldn't expect such a system to be implemented this early.

I've been reading a lot more into this game, and I'm starting to understand it. I'm thinking about jumping on the $40 pledge package.

Nice, welcome!

Last edited:
Was the organizations link always there in the account settings page? I honestly don't remember so that might also be a new thing.

eEFKKnE.jpg

Do you guys recommend that I get my hands on a game that will give me a taste of what to expect, or to learn the genre? If so, which one?

well if you are wanting the game, the cheapest pack is $40, or $35? if you go through lorien (hes an original backer so gets the packages a little cheaper)

but that package comes with the basic aurora which imo just is not enough ship.

The Digital Bounty Hunter pack is what i really suggest it will come with a 300i which is a very nice looking ship and very versatile.

you will get this ship in the Digital Bounty Hunter pack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTBzrUwB6Qo

So that means UEC credits are non transferable, then again I wouldn't expect such a system to be implemented this early.

Nice, welcome!

That's weird.. mine show up as 0 even though I have the arbiter package.

Back