Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by LeviathanZERO, Oct 10, 2012.

1. DWolvin

DWolvin [H]ard|Gawd

2. talk2troy

talk2troy [H]ardForum Junkie

Can you explain that joke?

upload_2018-7-11_15-45-1.png

3. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

4. DWolvin

DWolvin [H]ard|Gawd

5. Ripskin

Ripskin 2[H]4U

Lol, good use of the Airwolf theme

6. infojunkie

infojunkie Limp Gawd

90% of the fanatics didn't say to do it slow. They believed in every deadlines that was given, and mocked those who questioned the dates.

LightsOut41 likes this.
  7. M76

M76 [H]ardness Supreme

I member. The same shit was going down. The true believers making us feel awkward for suggesting that the 2014 deadline was unrealistic.. Now we're suggesting that the game is far behind even the most pessimistic development schedule imaginable. And they still act as if we're the ones talking crazy.

LightsOut41 likes this.
  8. Vega

Vega [H]ardness Supreme

Wow, I never thought we'd get to this point.
    Went from Crusader star port, jumped in my Hornet, flew out into space, checked out the space station from afar during an EVA, warped to another moon, entered the atmosphere, landed on the surface, explored the surface on foot, departed the moon, warped to a comm array, did an EVA inside the satellite and interfaced with the computer terminal. Then got a warning over com channel to stop snooping around and to leave the area and got attacked by a pirate as I was beginning to warp out.
    Just an epic experience and I am glad I stuck with backing the development! The possibilities seem endless with this quantum leap in universe seamless-ness.

Ocellaris likes this.
  9. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

Nah, you must be mistaken, people keep telling me this game is vaporware. Maybe you were just rearranging jpegs on Meeho's HDD?

Ocellaris, Meeho and DWolvin like this.
  10. Meeho

Meeho 2[H]4U

Most endless, surpassed only by the development time's endlessness.

LightsOut41 likes this.
  11. Vega

Vega [H]ardness Supreme

I used to be quite doubtful but it does look like the bones are there. That is the most important part. I'd rather have a seriously delayed product that is awesome in the end than no product at all. Sure the game has years left of development, but I am totally hooked now that I've seen the possibilities first hand.

Creating a HOSAS+Pedals setup as we speak. Two RealSimulator FSSB R3's (force sensing) just came in, two RealSimulator F-16 grips that will release in a few months and the new Thrustmaster TPR rudder system.

12. M76

M76 [H]ardness Supreme

Uh, I can only imagine, since you only confirm my original point. Because I'd be satisfied if they gave me what I described there:

Yes it's great that I can take off from a space station and then aimlessly jump around between some regions of space. And if I have the patience of a sloth, then land on a planet. I'd be happy about that if it was still the year 2013.

Flogger23m and LightsOut41 like this.
  13. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

14. Lorien

This is pretty damn cool, more mining game mechanics are being discovered.

Previously it was discovered that some huge rocks require several Prospectors to breakup.

Well now these huge chunks can be transported offworld and still be extracted by yours or other Prospectors.

These are single seat fighter sized rock deposits and the broken up extractable "purple" chunks are still about the size of a Cyclone.

Someone had the idea to transport those chunks in the cargohold of a Constellation to see if they could sell them, "as is", without extracting. No luck. But then they took them to Delamar and shoved them out of the ship just outside Levski's armistice zone and brought a Prospector. The rocks were able to be extracted and sold the ore at the outpost.

So this pretty much eliminates one of the limitations of the Prospector, it's relatively small cargo capacity, as you can just have friends with a larger ships go behind you collecting large rock chunks saving you both quantum fuel and travel time. After the hulls of their ships are full you can then just meet up at another location closer to one of the major ports and extract the ore there. So what would've taken several round trips is reduced to just 1 if done efficiently and the cost and profit is spread among everyone.

Thvx7l8.jpg

6a8sBUQ.jpg

sc13N3H.jpg

7cRIyNn.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 4:35 PM
  15. Skott

Skott 2[H]4U

Pics please when you get it all put together Vega. I'd love to see it.

16. Vega

Vega [H]ardness Supreme

17. Lorien

XDD

Reclaimer launched into orbit by an overcharged rock exploding. Notice the blast blew off a wing from the nearby Hornet.

Here is the view from the ventral remote turret of the 600i

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 11:31 PM
  18. Lorien

Exploring mining mechanics and its bugs a bit further.

You can clip and grab fractured mineral deposits with the hull of the 600i (and other ships) so why not use them as cargo barges assisting in mining. The fractured mineral deposits are true persistent objects and can be extracted by any other Prospector anywhere in the game. So you can take a full load of rocks near a major port and extract them at your leizure saving fuel and travel time.

I'm not sure how long do these rocks actually last before they despawn but we had setup an asteroid field near Olisar that was still there more than 4 hours later.

8FaKYNj.jpg

DWolvin likes this.
  19. med1kl

med1kl [H]ard|Gawd

Sunk cost fallacy.

LightsOut41 and Ranulfo like this.
  20. Ranulfo

Ranulfo Gawd

The space mining stuff kinda amuses me. The graphics look pretty and all but well, welcome to EVE or Space Engineers or Empyrion or several other space survival/construction games I can't remember off the top of my head.

21. Ripskin

Ripskin 2[H]4U

Lol, seemed to move that hefty of a ship a bit more than natural but funny to see it go that far lol.