• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stalker Clear Sky.

rpg was alwys useless because it weighed so much.

I just find carrying 3 different guns and 1000s of round of ammo for each is the only way to make it.
 
rpg was alwys useless because it weighed so much.

I just find carrying 3 different guns and 1000s of round of ammo for each is the only way to make it.

Same here. I carry an assault rifle of some kind. (M4/AK-74/AK-47, etc.) a Sniper Rifle (Druganov, etc.) and a shotgun of some kind. (Currently a SPAS-12). I also keep the pistol as well. It's a nice backup weapon when you really get low on ammunition for your other weapons.

Thanks to the purchasing of upgrades, my pistol is actually quite useful in this game. I cleared out a small camp of about 5 guys with nothing but my 1911. 11 round mag, recoil reduction, etc. Worked very well.
 
I stopped carrying a pistol becuse it just took up more ammo and weight space. I think now I have a AK/M4/Vintar(?)

Most other guns seem useless later one, specially the shotguns, have to get to close and with the accuracy of AI with an AK/SU being god like, it's just to hard.
 
I stopped carrying a pistol becuse it just took up more ammo and weight space. I think now I have a AK/M4/Vintar(?)

Most other guns seem useless later one, specially the shotguns, have to get to close and with the accuracy of AI with an AK/SU being god like, it's just to hard.

Again if you start modding the guns in the game they get a TON better. The pistol is actually useful now. My other guns are far better as well. Even the shotgun. (Though the pump shotguns aren't very good in the game. )
 
I never have the money to do upgrades, I always need to spend it all on bandages and ammo. Plus I don't think I've found all the thumb driver to give to people to do all the really good upgrades. Odd thing is, the freedom upgrade guy used to sell weapon upgrades and since joining Freedom, no doesn't do it anymore.
 
Go artifact hunting to rack up a load of cash. Their fairly easy to find and well worth it.
 
I found one, then died. They are not easy to find and most of the time to dangerous to attempt to take. The easiest ones are the ones to grab are in the electrical traps.
 
It helps when you join a faction and they give a better "detector thingy" to find them. I'm playing the game a second time through now so I can focus on finding them. It also helps to have a really good suit are most artifacts are found highly radioactive areas.
 
If you really want to get artifacts, you need to invest in a detector that's better than the one you start with. Being able to see the actual distance to the artifact helps a ton.
 
I have a good detector that has the little green dot radar looking thinging. (looks like the motion detector in Aliens)
 
I don't suppose anyone else has made it that far or beaten it yet? This seems to bear a striking resemblance to Crysis for me, where I was unable to defeat the last boss due to a bug. I'm guessing I'm no more than 1 hour of gameplay from the end, but with this CTD/BSOD happening whenever I press a key, I am doubtful that I will make it there!
You are almost right at the end. There is a small level and then the closing cinematic. The last level is kind of goofy and will probably annoy you at being stupid, but I had fun with it. PM me later today if you're still struggling; I'll send you a save from the last area (1.5.04).

One thing however, THEY PUT A FUCKING GRENADE INDICATOR IN THE FUCKING GAME!. The one thing that makes console FPS games stand out as being inferior, a grenade indicator. I have played first person shooters now for almost 10 years, and I have never had to have a graphic indicate to me where the grenade was, because both with my ears listening, and with my eyes, could I see a grenade being thrown, or if I didn't see it, hear it, and be able to run away. It seems like with this indicator, I am dying all the time, like the grenade throws are a little too perfect, but the grenade indicator doesn't help the situation any.

If there is any way to mod it out, I would like to know, grenade indicators have no place in a modern first person shooter, especially any shooter attempting to make the game close to real life as possible.
Trust me man, you want the grenade indicator. There is no need to compare your shame to console players; this game makes even hardcore FPS players cry if they're not used to how to do the gunfighting. (Full disclosure: I did fine on Stalker difficultly but I'd say there were 5 or 6 times where I had to quickload literally 10 times to get it right.) Eventually you will hear the audio cues and feel out the pace of the battle and know when to zip to the next cover, but it's still nice to have that indicator.

I still can't believe that no one else has the bleeding issues I do, I bleed every time I get shot even with really really good armor.
Make sure you all are looting corpses and breaking open the crates and suitcases to look for supplies any chance you get. I only ran out of bandages a handful of times.
Yet your grenades can do the same and people survive. I am finding grenades (of hand thrown type) to be completely usless. 3 guys crouched behind something, grenade lands right next to them and goes boom, they all get up and run away.
That's exactly what you should be using them for -- to flush enemies out of cover. They don't stand there like dolts, which is a good thing. However, it's kind of hard to shoot them while they're moving to cover, so you have to just hope they move to something that's easier to shoot at.
 
The grenade should at least kill or hurt them and they don't seem to do either, yet their grenades can land right next to me and go boom and I either die or are very close to death.

I do loot everything and break the boxes/cases etc open but I still find it hard to keep bandages in stock because no matter what, if I take damage, I bleed and my armor type is excellent at the moment but it seems to work the same way with even the worst armor.

Grenade indicator is good thing, specially at night because you'll never know that someone tossed when in the middle of a firefight.
 
Agreed. Get a better Artifact Detector, the 2nd one (kinda a brownish orange color), works wonders over the first one you get. I didn't start artifact hunting until then.

I also noticed even though most of the anomalies look the same, they give you different artifacts.

I never used the RPG-7 either, 12kg, F-that. Can't be that cool. Same with the RPD's.. weigh to much and ammo for them is scarce.

BTW, where in the heck did you guys find a Druganov? I've been carrying 300rounds or so for it, and have yet to find one. I'm almost to Limansk, about 3/4 through the area before it.
 
I have the guys at the freedom base carrying dragunov and selling them.

I'm itching to get home now and artifact hunt so I can get mucho monies and buy and upgrade stuffs. Which means I'll have to give up ground on the fight against duty.
 
I just use a single gun, a pistol and medkits/antirads.

Multiple guns, and thousands of rounds? Learn to aim? I take 200 rounds of each ammo type for my rifle, and rarely drop to 100 on either.
 
when you can sit there prone and fire 5 rounds at a non moving target, there is good chance that 4 out of 5 will miss. Even accurate, scope rifles do the same thing so I'm not sure what magical aiming device you are using and how you are surviving 5 to 6 targets all firing at you with vintars and M4 from 100 yards away and living.

It doesn't matter how well aimed and timely my shots are, they will never go in the same place twice, often they won't even be close, and I only go for headshots.
 
For the time being I stopped playing the game at least until the newest patch is released. Overall the game is alright. I have not seen any game breaking bugs, but then I am only in the Cordon. I have a few CTDs, and seen some bizarre AI behavior issues. But the biggest issue I have with it is the game needs to be rebalanced. The enemy is way to accurate, and they seem almost in previous to to head shots with certain weapons.
 
Shameless Plug :D

For those wanting a more traditional FPS experience out of Clear Sky, I made a personal mod to start ironing out the gripes I had with the game. I have beaten it on my initial run and was messing around with the game files.

I have added a buch of tweaks, the big difference though is Traditional aiming to balance the NPC's having uber accuracy and much higher weapon damage. Firefights are frantic and both you and enemies will die quickly if you don't take a tactical approach. I also added community fixes which resolve a host of issues inlcuding CTD crashes many were having. Check it out if your interested in a different spin of the gameplay

http://forums.filefront.com/s-t-l-k-e-r-cs-modding-editing/378920-endgame-s-t-l-k-e-r-clear-sky.html

Cheers
 
Are you saying you gave the AI more accuracy and damage or you balanced them out so they shoot more like the player? (or did you give the player more accruact and damage)

should have clicked the link first. Actually sounds slightly more fun this way. You should add more stamina. The stamina always bugs me, I really would to just be able to sprint forever. (I know what some of you will say, get artifacts....did that in Chernobyl..)


I guess you cant use your mod on current save games?
 
I just got a 2nd 4850 yesterday

would i be ok with crossfire 4850 ???
 
My mod will work with current save games (I didn't have any issues). You may want to back up your save files first though just to cover any issues that I may have missed.

I was planning on twaking the stamina slightly as well. I also upped the weight limit you can carry. Not realistic, but it lets you haul more stuff to sell in one shot and also gives you a btter variety. So what if I want to carry 7 assault rifles? :D
 
My mod will work with current save games (I didn't have any issues). You may want to back up your save files first though just to cover any issues that I may have missed.

I was planning on twaking the stamina slightly as well. I also upped the weight limit you can carry. Not realistic, but it lets you haul more stuff to sell in one shot and also gives you a btter variety. So what if I want to carry 7 assault rifles? :D

:cool:

Quick question, how would I go about applying the mod with steam?
 
At this time mods are probably not the best way to go. At least wait to install mods, until the game is fully patched. Otherwise every time a new patch is released you will probably have conflicts with the mod.
 
At this time mods are probably not the best way to go. At least wait to install mods, until the game is fully patched. Otherwise every time a new patch is released you will probably have conflicts with the mod.

There is wisdom in that post :)

I'm not looking forward to going through and reworking things again when they do patch the game, and they will need to. The scripts I have used are made by the community to correct a lot of nil references that were causing CTD's. Some of the other fixes resolve quest issues. I plan on stripping them out when GSC fixes things. The engine is fairly modular so the primary features could easily be moved back over to a newer patch
 
BTW, where in the heck did you guys find a Druganov? I've been carrying 300rounds or so for it, and have yet to find one. I'm almost to Limansk, about 3/4 through the area before it.

I couldn't find the Druganov. But I did like finding the machine gun on the top of the tank.. It was heavy as mother... but could hold 2000 rounds. LOL. That could have kept me going to the end I'd think. I didn't want to have to lug it around though.

Tim James, I'll take you up on that. YGPM
 
I guess I'm with everybody else......the game is great fun, but the enemies are uber at aiming and no matter how hard I try I suck.

I just make a ton of saves so I don't have far to go back.......I'm in the garbage and have had my ass handed to me so many times I can't remember.:eek:
 
:cool:

Quick question, how would I go about applying the mod with steam?

Not sure tbh. I have not tried it with steam but I imagine the directory structure is similar?


I got my Druganov in the Military Warehouse area. There was an army sniper in the far right tower from the entrance how started picking off my health.
 
:cool:

Quick question, how would I go about applying the mod with steam?

Create a folder in the root of CS called gamedata. Extract you mods there. You will need to enable the gamedata folder in the fsgame.ltx. Look for gamadata line in the file and make sure both columns say true.
 
Create a folder in the root of CS called gamedata. Extract you mods there. You will need to enable the gamedata folder in the fsgame.ltx. Look for gamadata line in the file and make sure both columns say true.

Thanks!

BTW, I just finished the game and I must say, as much as i loved the first 3/4 of it, the last 1/4 blowed :( Too linear for me.

I still never got a Drugnov, guess i'll have to play through it again ;)
 
Thanks!

BTW, I just finished the game and I must say, as much as i loved the first 3/4 of it, the last 1/4 blowed :( Too linear for me.

I still never got a Drugnov, guess i'll have to play through it again ;)

If you play through again, make sure and join Freedom. You can buy it from them and their mech can do the upgrades, but you will need to find the flash drives to upgrade it to the max.
 
Here is what I did, ignore the stalkers and go to the far east side of the train bridge. You can go up the enbankment and jump the fence and just casualy walk to cordon town. You won't have to fight or deal with anyone. (I didnt anyway) I didn't have to pay money then either. Just make sure you are pretty far east because there are people on the tracks.

There's an NPC that will take you to Cordon so you don't have to do this. I'm at work and can't remember exactly where. I want to say the far NE of the swamps before you take the northern zone into Cordon.

Killing people in CS seems to be the same as in SoC, aim for the head, and only the head. I went out the southern zone exit into Cordon (where you run into the military coming out of that tunnel) and managed to kite and kill 3 military guys with a Viper 5 by staying in cover and unloading into their heads. Good way to get a better gun early (but no ammo.)

I seem to be bleeding constantly also, but sometimes the indicator will come on and my health isn't going down. And if it's going down slow I can counteract it by eating something.

If you don't mind farming, there's a place (next to two large tanks, in the garbage somewhere) where friendlies are occupying a broken out building, and there's some bandits near the tanks. If you kill all the bandits near the tanks, you can grab their crap, walk back to the building and sell it, then the bandits will repopulate. A way to get some extra cash.
 
faction war is silly..... I took the duty base and then more duty guys just randomly show up in the building whenever I leave the compund. Worse is now the door into the building in closed and locked so I can NEVER retake it again.....
 
Thanks!

BTW, I just finished the game and I must say, as much as i loved the first 3/4 of it, the last 1/4 blowed :( Too linear for me.

I still never got a Drugnov, guess i'll have to play through it again ;)

I don't think I'm all that far and I've found about 3 or 4 Dragunov rifles. They were all in the Freedom base which I took over with a few Duty soldiers.
 
Back
Top