Sprint getting worse by the month?!

when I get outside of my work building I see in excess of 600K a sec vs the above which is about 256K/sec. Metal signal attenuating studs for the loss :p

After 11.5 years; I left sprint for verizon when I purchased a smart phone. I've only been on verizon for a couple of weeks. Their customer service (at stores) is pretty decent but I hate some of the crap on their phones. Anyways; I'm not oppose to switching back to sprint in a year if they show a reason to switch but recently (for me) they ahve been worse on all fronts (network, customer care, cost (with my employee discount verizon was actually cheaper), phones (epic touch was not bad but the LOS bug held me back until I decided to go with verizon). To be honest I rather have a galaxy s2 then the moto phone i ended up with so verizon is not perfect. At&t had better phone selection (for me) but the cost was a bit higher with verizon double data rate promo. To be honest if at&t had a clue they would have matched that promo the day it came out.

I really have no issues with Sprint.

Yes, there 3G is slow as balls, but I've never been in a place without 4G signal. Speeds are all over the place though, from 3mb/s (home) to 7mb/s (average) to 25mb/s (work). Thanks to the fact that Wi-Max is a chip that's been improved for a year already, I'll average about 8 hours of battery life without ever turning it off.

Never had a dropped call, only carrier with great signal at my house (which is odd, I'm in middle of a city).

sprint works good for me. in fact sprint 3g is my only internet connection I have had for the last 4 years.

I really have no issues with Sprint.

Yes, there 3G is slow as balls, but I've never been in a place without 4G signal. Speeds are all over the place though, from 3mb/s (home) to 7mb/s (average) to 25mb/s (work). Thanks to the fact that Wi-Max is a chip that's been improved for a year already, I'll average about 8 hours of battery life without ever turning it off.

Never had a dropped call, only carrier with great signal at my house (which is odd, I'm in middle of a city).

Heh, if I left Wimax turned on with my Evo I'd get about three hours of light use from a single charge. And that's running CM7 and Tiamat SBC kernel. Less with stock Sense ROM.

Heh, if I left Wimax turned on with my Evo I'd get about three hours of light use from a single charge. And that's running CM7 and Tiamat SBC kernel. Less with stock Sense ROM.
Well, this would be your problem:
Probably the worst Smartphone ever made in regard to battery. Also why it's commonly referenced by Apple fanboys when arguing battery life.

Well, this would be your problem:

Probably the worst Smartphone ever made in regard to battery. Also why it's commonly referenced by Apple fanboys when arguing battery life.

Yeah, but it was by far the best thing around last year for a good long while. It's still a great phone except for the battery life. And CM7 has helped with that tremendously.

Unfortunately nothing has come out that's really caught my eye as worth upgrading for. Galaxy Note isn't coming to the US until next year, and with a gimpy SoC to boot.

it's a little bulky but the 4000mah battery and the seidio case on my evo 3d makes battery life very bearable.

I loved the Epic 4G Touch I had during my brief Sprint trial run. I think it's the best smart phone on the market. Sadly, I'm in some kind of tiny dead zone for Sprint service in Atlanta. Just too many dropped calls for me to stick with them. I'd have absolutely no hesitation returning to Sprint if their coverage was better. Maybe these network upgrades in 2012 will solve the problem.

I loved the Epic 4G Touch I had during my brief Sprint trial run. I think it's the best smart phone on the market. Sadly, I'm in some kind of tiny dead zone for Sprint service in Atlanta. Just too many dropped calls for me to stick with them. I'd have absolutely no hesitation returning to Sprint if their coverage was better. Maybe these network upgrades in 2012 will solve the problem.

yep.. my mom lives in doraville and has bad signal on Sprint. That whole area for some reason. Been pretty much everywhere else w/out issues.

yep.. my mom lives in doraville and has bad signal. That whole area for some reason.
That's it!! I'm in the Chamblee area just north of Brookhaven. Whenever I get within a block of my building, the signal just tanks.

I should mention the photon has better reception than the epic; so you could give that a try in doraville and see if it does any better....

I have finally left Sprint last month for Verizon. I was previously paying only $40 a month for unlimited usage/data/text. This price could not be beat! I'm gladly paying nearly $70 a month for Verizon and the speeds are not comparable! (Not to mention you can still get unlimited data on Verizon ;))

Sprint definitely gives you the most bang for the buck. Verizon knows they have the best network and charge you for it.

I have finally left Sprint last month for Verizon. I was previously paying only $40 a month for unlimited usage/data/text. This price could not be beat! I'm gladly paying nearly $70 a month for Verizon and the speeds are not comparable! (Not to mention you can still get unlimited data on Verizon ;))

You do the mobile hotspot trick for unlimited data? :p

Getting worse. Pretty much sucks to have a new Epic 4G Touch that's crippled by Sprint's crappy network.

I think the new iPhone subscribers on Sprint are putting the hurt on a system that was already over capacity.

Data speeds on my Epic4g have been slowly getting worse. 4G coverage is complete shit in the Charlotte area. 3G coverage is complete shit as well. I could have full bars of service, and apparently 3G, but I can't get any data to go through. I've never seen more than 1 bar of 4G anywhere. Lots of texts that fail to transmit.

I've been a Sprint customer for about 8 years. I think it's time to switch to Verizon.

I jumped from AT&T to sprint almost 2 years ago and got my evo - it's a good phone esp when you start to mod the software.

While my bill is only 73 dollars a month for unlimited data/text and a ton of minutes, there are no new phones that are really blowing my skirt up. Sprint Speeds are crap and it pissed me off I'm about 1 mile outside of "4G" wimax service.

My contract is up in april - and unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat, I will be eyeballing Verizon and their LTE network that looks to be quite amazing.

Getting worse. Pretty much sucks to have a new Epic 4G Touch that's crippled by Sprint's crappy network.

I think the new iPhone subscribers on Sprint are putting the hurt on a system that was already over capacity.
I love the E4GT; best smartphone on the market as far as I'm concerned. Sadly, I had to return it after just about a week because of spotty Sprint service in my area. I'm back with Verizon, but am waiting to see what new phones will be out this year. I'm not very interested in the Galaxy Nexus, especially after using the E4GT.

Have had sprint for three or four years, definitely can't complain for the price. Epic 4G Touch is awesome.

My roommate's got Sprint and hates it. Terrible signal, he can't even receive phone calls at our house! I was going to switch to Sprint when Verizon announced they weren't carrying the S2, glad I waited! Galaxy Nexus is the secks!

My roommate's got Sprint and hates it. Terrible signal, he can't even receive phone calls at our house! I was going to switch to Sprint when Verizon announced they weren't carrying the S2, glad I waited! Galaxy Nexus is the secks!

I checked the coverage map for sprint, my ENTIRE neighborhood is a damn dead zone. Just a big circle. WTF is that?

I checked the coverage map for sprint, my ENTIRE neighborhood is a damn dead zone. Just a big circle. WTF is that?

Sprint is a joke. I'm off the Sprint network and I'm still getting headaches from them. I spent 2 hours the other day in a Sprint store to try to transfer liability on my account to someone else. No resolution to this day.

Not to mention, my house literally has a 1 block radius of terrible coverage and no Wimax coverage. They gave me a complimentary Airvana which just gave me more headaches! Screw Sprint. I'm gladly paying more for Verizon for a service that actually gives speeds they advertise. My speeds on LTE are faster than my FiOS!

Uggg Sprint still sucks :(

I called about my speed issue a few weeks ago and was told they were sending some update to my phone to help things, whatever that means. I also got a $10 credit.

Unfortunately, speeds are even worse :mad: ~200kbps download, assuming whatever I'm doing doesn't time out first.

Just left Sprint for the Verizon-Nexus, couldn't be happier, the 3G on Verizon almost feels like Sprints 4G. And LTE is no comparison to WiMax. Even with Sprint upgrading to LTE, it will be a long whike for nationwide coverage, and what about uogrades 3G on Sprint which currently like 1xEdge speeds

I gave Sprint 3yrs, but just not worth it anymore.

I wull say this new Nexus is bad ass, rooted with ROM first night out of thr box, i like this phone more than my Epic 4G Touch

Just left Sprint for the Verizon-Nexus, couldn't be happier, the 3G on Verizon almost feels like Sprints 4G. And LTE is no comparison to WiMax. Even with Sprint upgrading to LTE, it will be a long whike for nationwide coverage, and what about uogrades 3G on Sprint which currently like 1xEdge speeds

I gave Sprint 3yrs, but just not worth it anymore.

I wull say this new Nexus is bad ass, rooted with ROM first night out of thr box, i like this phone more than my Epic 4G Touch
So, you made the move, huh? That's high praise if you put the GN over the E4GT. How's the screen on yours? I saw my friend's GN and its screen had some noticeable banding. I thought the E4GT's screen was superior, at least to that GN's screen.

I went with the razr over the gnexus. A couple of folks have the nexus; i think the screen is a bit better than the razr and epic touch but it is splitting hair. The touch resolution is a bit lower and noticable on small fonts; image gradiant is bit better on the touch (viewing pictures).
-
The biggest issue with the nexus seems to be signal stability (which can probably be fixed in software) and low speaker volume. Also a few complaints on build quality. The touch was really nice and if I had stayed with sprint and they had fixed the signal issue I would have gone with the touch - I was still tempted to switch from razr back to the touch during the 14 day trial; but the network issues on sprint needs to be resolved. One thing I've noticed with the razr (verizon) is that I can receive a signal in the (subway) tunnels; I never could do this with my sprint phone.
-
There are a lot of things I dislike about verizon; so I would not be oppose to switching back to sprint in a year if they can fix their bloody network.

So, you made the move, huh? That's high praise if you put the GN over the E4GT. How's the screen on yours? I saw my friend's GN and its screen had some noticeable banding. I thought the E4GT's screen was superior, at least to that GN's screen.

What are you disliking about Verizon? I'll probably be switching when my contract is up. Is it just that it's more expensive?

I rootrd it and installed a custom ROM on it tge minute it came out of tge box plys have tge extended battery. The high res 720p screen is great, looks so much more refined and mature than the E4GT. Ok yes tge Eoic did feel slighly quicker in some areas, like opening app drawwr and swipibg between screens, but with this custom ROM it is fairly close now and battery life isnt bad so far, ues tge Eoic was better but bateku

Now ICS 4.0.3 just rocks, i LOVE it. The high res screen rocks, compared to Eoic which looked so extra large font like for an old grandpa without his glasses. Build quality feels solid and just nice design of the phone. Built in soft keys instead of hardware i like looks more futuristic. Overall the Nexus feels like a next gen device over the GS2 even if it is ever so slightly barely slower.

Oh yeah the Network, Verizon vs Sprint = no comparison, rock solid fast 3G on Verizon, not one dropped call yet. Huge difference in carrier quality

I went with the razr over the gnexus. A couple of folks have the nexus; i think the screen is a bit better than the razr and epic touch but it is splitting hair. The touch resolution is a bit lower and noticable on small fonts; image gradiant is bit better on the touch (viewing pictures).
-
The biggest issue with the nexus seems to be signal stability (which can probably be fixed in software) and low speaker volume. Also a few complaints on build quality. The touch was really nice and if I had stayed with sprint and they had fixed the signal issue I would have gone with the touch - I was still tempted to switch from razr back to the touch during the 14 day trial; but the network issues on sprint needs to be resolved. One thing I've noticed with the razr (verizon) is that I can receive a signal in the (subway) tunnels; I never could do this with my sprint phone.
-
There are a lot of things I dislike about verizon; so I would not be oppose to switching back to sprint in a year if they can fix their bloody network.
I loved the E4GT while I tried Sprint, but weak service forced me back to Verizon. I'm considering the Razr or GN as my next phone. I'll wait until we get some news on the GS3 before making any decisions. If Verizon gets the GS3, and it's not any bigger than the GS2, it'll be my next phone.

I rootrd it and installed a custom ROM on it tge minute it came out of tge box plys have tge extended battery. The high res 720p screen is great, looks so much more refined and mature than the E4GT. Ok yes tge Eoic did feel slighly quicker in some areas, like opening app drawwr and swipibg between screens, but with this custom ROM it is fairly close now and battery life isnt bad so far, ues tge Eoic was better but bateku

Now ICS 4.0.3 just rocks, i LOVE it. The high res screen rocks, compared to Eoic which looked so extra large font like for an old grandpa without his glasses. Build quality feels solid and just nice design of the phone. Built in soft keys instead of hardware i like looks more futuristic. Overall the Nexus feels like a next gen device over the GS2 even if it is ever so slightly barely slower.

Oh yeah the Network, Verizon vs Sprint = no comparison, rock solid fast 3G on Verizon, not one dropped call yet. Huge difference in carrier quality
Interesting, indeed. Glad to know someone who appreciates the E4GT thinks so highly of the GN.

Some of their mandator apps are a bit lame; like a backup sync that cannot be turned off; location service that cannot be disabled stuff like that.

What are you disliking about Verizon? I'll probably be switching when my contract is up. Is it just that it's more expensive?

Some of their mandator apps are a bit lame; like a backup sync that cannot be turned off; location service that cannot be disabled stuff like that.

You accepted these when you chose the RAZR over the Nexus though. ICS lets you disable pre-installed apps and services.

So, att has announced 6 new devices so far at CES. Some are really nice, good selection of late wp7 devices, few neat androids, specially the Sony one. Sprint?? So far, galaxy nexus...first of all, not that impressed with it, specially compared to epic touch. Second, it will be released the same way the first nexus on sprint was... when it isn't relevant anymore. Sprint banked too much of their future on the iPhone maybe? Because I'm really not seeing a thing to get excited over. Or choice, for that matter lol.

So, att has announced 6 new devices so far at CES. Some are really nice, good selection of late wp7 devices, few neat androids, specially the Sony one. Sprint?? So far, galaxy nexus...first of all, not that impressed with it, specially compared to epic touch. Second, it will be released the same way the first nexus on sprint was... when it isn't relevant anymore. Sprint banked too much of their future on the iPhone maybe? Because I'm really not seeing a thing to get excited over. Or choice, for that matter lol.

Wouldnt say its a total failure for sprint atm. They annouced 3 devices running on their up and coming LTE netwrork. The G-Nex is one and the LG Viper 4g Lte is the other phone. Not sure why you're complaining, its probably going to be priced competitively and at the rate the other android phone manufacturers are going this may be sprint customers first chance at ICS. I'm more impressed at how fast sprint is rolling out their LTE network, considering 6 months ago it was wimax this wimax that for them.

Wouldnt say its a total failure for sprint atm. They annouced 3 devices running on their up and coming LTE netwrork. The G-Nex is one and the LG Viper 4g Lte is the other phone. Not sure why you're complaining, its probably going to be priced competitively and at the rate the other android phone manufacturers are going this may be sprint customers first chance at ICS. I'm more impressed at how fast sprint is rolling out their LTE network, considering 6 months ago it was wimax this wimax that for them.
@
Good point actually, I am also impressed that they are going to push ccdma advanced to help with 3g. I'm just really hoping for a nice wp7 device on Sprint.

I know that; but I passed the nexus due to other serious issues it had. Anyways as I said above I chose verizon because of sprint current network issues; if sprint can resolve the issues in a year - i'll be happy to switch back (and eat verizon etf). Right now sprint has some real issues and have made some rather poor decisions (also when I hear their execs talk - like yesterday interview with David Owens - I cringe (though I can't say verizon is much better).

Time will tell. The move to LTE is a good one - not so much because I think LTE >>> wimax but because it will cheapen the support cost; but it won't fix their network overnight. The high frequencies they are stuck with unless they can find some real $$$$.

I live in a city; and since my switch to verizon I've noticed that I can use my phones in places (like subway tunnel) where sprint's signal was totally blocked.

You accepted these when you chose the RAZR over the Nexus though. ICS lets you disable pre-installed apps and services.

I got the 4S on Sprint in November and I was on Tmobile for a little while before that. When I came back and was doing speed tests I upset with how the network went downhill. I used to be able to tether with 3G and not have any issues except for HD Youtube vids. Now it's crap. yesterday I did a speedtest and I got speeds double what I was normally getting. I hope they are fixing the problem.

For a 2-3 week period when I was in my neighborhood I was getting very spotty signal. My bars would go from 0-3 bars non stop and it would do it constantly. I couldn't make calls from the house. I bitched to Sprint about it, I went and got an exchange on the phone from Apple and I bitched more to Sprint. I was able to get an AirRave for free. It helped a lot, but I did some testing and now I don't need the damn thing. My signal is back to normal and possibly even better.

I can't even stream 128k audio on Sprint's network around Charlotte any more. It constantly cuts out. Fucking crap. Can't wait till my contract is up in a couple months. Switching to Verizon and not looking back.

Back