Sprint getting worse by the month?!

aFive

2[H]4U
I've had about 5 smart phones on Sprint now, it seems as if with every month I am getting a bit more dissatisfied. My mom is also on Sprint, not under my account though, seems like she's having similar issues. Buddy in Atlanta (I'm in Denver) is complaining too, so what gives?

My 3G download speeds have been crap from day one, but lately, they have been going downhill even more. My gym, I used to get about 1.5mbps during off hours and maybe 1mbps during peak. Now, I'd be lucky to get 700kbps at midnight and 100kbps during peak, so frustrating! Similar story pretty much everywhere. I tend to be a heavier texting user, which makes sprint 3G even more unusable as the whole timeout thing that happens when text is sent or receiving pretty much kills anything you maybe doing data related. And regardless of any texts coming in, I don't think I remember the last time I streamed youtube, even in Low Quality.

Yes, we do have 4G coverage here. It is so spotty that you literally need to be standing in one place to use it, otherwise you'd lose signal, or connection will time out. And them timeouts are crazy! Youtube or any video service doesn't stream on 4G, known issue for month, Sprint hasn't resolved it, even though fix is as simple as editing Multimedia settings via ##DATA# and changing server address.

And lately... voice... Drop central! I literally drop calls like no other. I've had my phone looked at, replaced, used different devices. All had that issue, except for now it has been getting increasingly frustrated. I've had the Epic, Evo 4G and 3D, Photon, Arrive, Epic 4G Touch is my current phone.

call and complain and get credit back to your account. I have been having a few issues with calls and data and they have given me credit for 3 months of service.

I'm glad VZW decided to let me keep my unlimited data because this is exactly the reason why I was worried about going to Sprint. I'd bet all the new iPhone users on Sprint aren't helping matters either. In fact, I'd assume they are probably a big factor in what you are experiencing in the last few weeks.

call and complain and get credit back to your account. I have been having a few issues with calls and data and they have given me credit for 3 months of service.

That's the thing, the majorly screwed me over a year ago, I am basically paying nothing for it already ($10 for one line, unlimited everything). I can't complain about pretty much free service, but I miss being on Tmobile and pulling 4mbps+ all the time with no hickups.

actually as of oct 31st many Evo 3D got a mysterious update which according to many have increased 3G speeds massively http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/1...nts-in-3g-speeds-in-some-areas-how-about-you/ , http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1328081 hopefully network vision is finally kicking in

Interesting, still slower than other carriers, but anything helps lol. There is an article on Sprint's IPhone launch on PC World and they pretty much state how atrocious sprint's 3g network performance is nationwide. Same goes for pretty much every phonedog review :D.

Interesting, still slower than other carriers, but anything helps lol. There is an article on Sprint's IPhone launch on PC World and they pretty much state how atrocious sprint's 3g network performance is nationwide. Same goes for pretty much every phonedog review :D.

That's true but i thought it was an issue with just the iphone itself, im doing fine pulling 1-1.5Mb/s 3g on average + even faster on wimax but i understand that many aren't so i can see the frustration. No doubt sprint needs work to stay competitive, im looking forward to their agressive strategy for doubling the femtocells of 3g and quick movement to LTE then LTE-A within this next 1-1.5 year. Which is why im hoping the recent update to 3VO's was the beginning of something good.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-20125328-94/sprint-to-move-into-lte-advanced-by-2013-report-says/

That's true but i thought it was an issue with just the iphone itself, im doing fine pulling 1-1.5Mb/s 3g on average + even faster on wimax but i understand that many aren't so i can see the frustration. No doubt sprint needs work to stay competitive, im looking forward to their agressive strategy for doubling the femtocells of 3g and quick movement to LTE then LTE-A within this next 1-1.5 year. Which is why im hoping the recent update to 3VO's was the beginning of something good.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-20125328-94/sprint-to-move-into-lte-advanced-by-2013-report-says/

Yea, hipefilly it helps, as is, they are losing a lot of customers. 3G is still the only way to go anywhere pretty much due to spotty 4g which is going to drain your battery like no other. Move to LTE is a plus, is a slap in the face to current customers though as most current high end devices won't be able to function on it. granted, by the time LTE is out pretty kuch everyone is going to most likely upgrade, but still. What will current customers do for another year and a half? Verizon is apready heavily expanding their LTE network, and att has plans to get it out of the door. besides, their hspa + network is enough to stay competetive with LTE. With sprint, we may see a semi major 3g upgrade, not to the point where it is going to really compete with other carriers sadly. and spotty wimax that they aren't expanding till LTE lands? Doesn't sound like their strategy is timely enough, even if smart.

Psst, typed all that on a phone, sorry if I made many spelling errors lol.

Yea, hipefilly it helps, as is, they are losing a lot of customers. 3G is still the only way to go anywhere pretty much due to spotty 4g which is going to drain your battery like no other. Move to LTE is a plus, is a slap in the face to current customers though as most current high end devices won't be able to function on it. granted, by the time LTE is out pretty kuch everyone is going to most likely upgrade, but still. What will current customers do for another year and a half? Verizon is apready heavily expanding their LTE network, and att has plans to get it out of the door. besides, their hspa + network is enough to stay competetive with LTE. With sprint, we may see a semi major 3g upgrade, not to the point where it is going to really compete with other carriers sadly. and spotty wimax that they aren't expanding till LTE lands? Doesn't sound like their strategy is timely enough, even if smart.

Psst, typed all that on a phone, sorry if I made many spelling errors lol.

They're supporting wimax phones until at last the end of 2012 or 2013 i forget. Just because newer better phones come out doesn't mean that ours will magically stop working, and last i checked no iphone in america has any form of 4G. If apple takes another 16-18 months to release the next iphone it'll be the same time sprint would have LTE-A set-up and phones for sale. Sprint has been losing customers but they're doing pretty well for damage control considering their 3Q (before iphone 4s release) they added like 1 million customers and had their best quarter in 5-6 years. Sprint claims that they're LTE will be up and running by spring 2012 so im assuming they've been working on it.

They're supporting wimax phones until at last the end of 2012 or 2013 i forget. Just because newer better phones come out doesn't mean that ours will magically stop working, and last i checked no iphone in america has any form of 4G. If apple takes another 16-18 months to release the next iphone it'll be the same time sprint would have LTE-A set-up and phones for sale. Sprint has been losing customers but they're doing pretty well for damage control considering their 3Q (before iphone 4s release) they added like 1 million customers and had their best quarter in 5-6 years. Sprint claims that they're LTE will be up and running by spring 2012 so im assuming they've been working on it.
, i

Yea but they aren't expanding wimax is all, while I understand exactly thst they can't do both, it just sucks, specially since they've made such a huge deal about wimax. here indenver verizon LTE is rather awesome, while wimax is subpar at best. wimax launched a year agohere, LTE maybe three months at best. imhoping that sprint's LTE strategyis better thantheir wimax was .

Definitely agree with you here. Guess it's good they man'd up and admitted they were wrong rather pumping money into a tech they weren't sure of anymore.

I'm about an hour and a half north of atlanta and 1 of my 2 phones has dropped speed significantly. My old SPH-a900 went from 1.5mbps down to 700kbps but when I moved back to my EVO 4G I get 1.0-1.2mbps. When I go into WiMAX I get around 5mbps.

Yea but they aren't expanding wimax is all, while I understand exactly thst they can't do both, it just sucks, specially since they've made such a huge deal about wimax.

It's only select markets that are expanding, I think. Despite the coverage map saying otherwise, here in NE GA, they've expanded an hour north of Atlanta (Gainesville) but havn't made it any further yet --- but the sales rep told me that wimax would be in my area (30 min N of Gainesville) by the end of Q1 2012.

I'm not too clear on the difference between WiMAX and LTE, but according to the sales-rep all sprint has to do is send a command to the WiMAX towers and they will switch to LTE, so it's in their best interest to keep expanding their WiMAX service (Does this mean 4G WiMAX phones can also use LTE?)

Keep in mind these are all sales reps who are just passing on what corporate tells them so it may not be 100% accurate (though I know for a fact Gainesville has 4G, I use it there regularly)

I'm about an hour and a half north of atlanta and 1 of my 2 phones has dropped speed significantly. My old SPH-a900 went from 1.5mbps down to 700kbps but when I moved back to my EVO 4G I get 1.0-1.2mbps. When I go into WiMAX I get around 5mbps.

It's only select markets that are expanding, I think. Despite the coverage map saying otherwise, here in NE GA, they've expanded an hour north of Atlanta (Gainesville) but havn't made it any further yet --- but the sales rep told me that wimax would be in my area (30 min N of Gainesville) by the end of Q1 2012.

I'm not too clear on the difference between WiMAX and LTE, but according to the sales-rep all sprint has to do is send a command to the WiMAX towers and they will switch to LTE, so it's in their best interest to keep expanding their WiMAX service (Does this mean 4G WiMAX phones can also use LTE?)

Keep in mind these are all sales reps who are just passing on what corporate tells them so it may not be 100% accurate (though I know for a fact Gainesville has 4G, I use it there regularly)

I used to work at Sprint, sales reps basically know nothing there and just make up stuff. At least at most stores I have worked at, was kind of sad.

Anyway, WiMax and LTE are different technologies essentially, no Sprint device out now, other than maybe Photon, can do LTE. So, if you buy an Epic Touch today, it will not do LTE when they "flip the switch". Sprint has to do tower upgrades in order for them to support Wimax. it's not as easy as a software push. What that means is that it's pretty much the same process as when they were building out Wimax = pricey and long. While Wimax will still be supported when LTE is out, it will more than likely still have spottier coverage than LTE as Clear isn't really building stuff out all that much :(.

In fact, Sprint reps here still claim that Wimax is being built out in Denver... false! They also claim that Sprint's network performance is better than T-Mobile and ATT, and that Verizon rapes you. Granted, I agree with the Verizon comment. But T-Mobile phone I've had used to kill Sprint device while running SpeedTest on consistent basis, that's while Sprint phone was on FULL 4G signal, inside the Sprint store. I even showed it to them :).

I guess it is all about where you live, but I do not see how Sprint's 3G is competing with any nationwide carrier right now, and 4g. Well, I travel, and everywhere I have been, it is way too spotty.

I used to work at Sprint, sales reps basically know nothing there and just make up stuff. At least at most stores I have worked at, was kind of sad.

Anyway, WiMax and LTE are different technologies essentially, no Sprint device out now, other than maybe Photon, can do LTE. So, if you buy an Epic Touch today, it will not do LTE when they "flip the switch". Sprint has to do tower upgrades in order for them to support Wimax. it's not as easy as a software push. What that means is that it's pretty much the same process as when they were building out Wimax = pricey and long. While Wimax will still be supported when LTE is out, it will more than likely still have spottier coverage than LTE as Clear isn't really building stuff out all that much :(.

In fact, Sprint reps here still claim that Wimax is being built out in Denver... false! They also claim that Sprint's network performance is better than T-Mobile and ATT, and that Verizon rapes you. Granted, I agree with the Verizon comment. But T-Mobile phone I've had used to kill Sprint device while running SpeedTest on consistent basis, that's while Sprint phone was on FULL 4G signal, inside the Sprint store. I even showed it to them :).

I guess it is all about where you live, but I do not see how Sprint's 3G is competing with any nationwide carrier right now, and 4g. Well, I travel, and everywhere I have been, it is way too spotty.

Considering I've have 4 reps give me different answers to the same question before, I'm not surprised (disappointed, but not surprised)

I new 3G =/= LTE/WiMax but I was hoping the wimax/LTE was similar enough that it would be software upgrade on phones... I think Im glad I dont have an upgrade will 2013 hits, by then LTE should be in full swing and I can just move to an LTE phone (just waiting to see if my "unlimited data roaming on VZW" will pass on to LTE or I'll be told it's turned into a cap on LTE roaming... (one rep told me that as of now my "unlimited data roaming" is really only 300mb...)

I'm still scratching my head though as to why my dumbphone dropped to 700kbps but my EVO is still pulling 1.0-1.2mbps... I'm wondering if Sprint is trying to phase out all the older EVDO devices that dont use the newer standard...

Once again my gripe with sprint... who cares if your service is unlimited if it's slow and unusable in many areas. :(

Considering I've have 4 reps give me different answers to the same question before, I'm not surprised (disappointed, but not surprised)

I new 3G =/= LTE/WiMax but I was hoping the wimax/LTE was similar enough that it would be software upgrade on phones... I think Im glad I dont have an upgrade will 2013 hits, by then LTE should be in full swing and I can just move to an LTE phone (just waiting to see if my "unlimited data roaming on VZW" will pass on to LTE or I'll be told it's turned into a cap on LTE roaming... (one rep told me that as of now my "unlimited data roaming" is really only 300mb...)

I'm still scratching my head though as to why my dumbphone dropped to 700kbps but my EVO is still pulling 1.0-1.2mbps... I'm wondering if Sprint is trying to phase out all the older EVDO devices that dont use the newer standard...

Honestly. I'd take HSPA+ over Wimax or LTE. Yes, LTE and Wimax have more potential, but they are not ready for prime. Well, on Verizon it is getting closer to. On Sprint, the spottiness of Wimax = horrible battery drain and inconsistent data. Meaning, if you were to use data on the go, you'd lose signal enough to stick to 3G. Also, it simply isn't practical at all right now, specially with use of a different antenna. HSPA + is still 3G, so you don't lose data connection when going between spots, usually less gaps and less battery drain as you stay connected to same network and have no need to constantly reconnect. it also means that your device will always have the best connection available, regardless of the antenna you have enabled or disabled.

I find it sad that a lot of Sprint customers can say that their data is getting better and that their download speeds have finally went up from 400kbps to 1.2mbps!!! Yay!!! It's like it's 2007 all over again lol. Pretty much every other network pretty much doubles Sprint's average download speed on consistent basis.

Once again my gripe with sprint... who cares if your service is unlimited if it's slow and unusable in many areas. :(

Some people make an argument that if your data was faster, you'd use more, and if there were caps, you'd pay more. That per minute you'd be able to do more, thus, you'd do more and pay more... That's like getting dialup and saying that you might as well not get cable because then you'd watch more youtube.... That's nuts. Sprints network makes me not want to watch videos, or stream TV. True, I'd use more data on another network but still. Guess you get what you pay for. Pay more, get way faster data and caps. Or pay less and pay for unlimited dialup.

I'd really like to go with Sprint considering I left working for Verizon and lost my 50% discount with them. Sprint offers a lot for the money, I like to support the under-dog and like their Google Voice integration. But it sounds like next year is a defining year for them, if they will sink or swim. I await how their LTE network will turn out and if they will still keep their unlimited smartphone data plans.

Honestly. I'd take HSPA+ over Wimax or LTE. Yes, LTE and Wimax have more potential, but they are not ready for prime. Well, on Verizon it is getting closer to. On Sprint, the spottiness of Wimax = horrible battery drain and inconsistent data. Meaning, if you were to use data on the go, you'd lose signal enough to stick to 3G. Also, it simply isn't practical at all right now, specially with use of a different antenna. HSPA + is still 3G, so you don't lose data connection when going between spots, usually less gaps and less battery drain as you stay connected to same network and have no need to constantly reconnect. it also means that your device will always have the best connection available, regardless of the antenna you have enabled or disabled.

Some people make an argument that if your data was faster, you'd use more, and if there were caps, you'd pay more. That per minute you'd be able to do more, thus, you'd do more and pay more... That's like getting dialup and saying that you might as well not get cable because then you'd watch more youtube.... That's nuts. Sprints network makes me not want to watch videos, or stream TV. True, I'd use more data on another network but still. Guess you get what you pay for. Pay more, get way faster data and caps. Or pay less and pay for unlimited dialup.

Sadly there is no 3G (much less 4G) here except Sprint and Verizon. If I could stay with sprint and go HSPA+, I would, but VZW would rape me on data and GSM providers are still EDGE...

Yeah, I'm one of those people saying that I'd rather have a slower/spottier connection and unlimited than faster/more consistent and limited. I use a LOT of data, 4-10gb/month usually and a chunk of that is streaming video, so on a plan like T-mobile where you get EDGE speed after 2gb... no, not an option (yes, I could spend hours planning and putting all my videos on USB drives the night before, but I'm not that well organized... not to mention some of the videos have to download so by the time they finish at 4AM I'm in bed and cant spend the hours transferring them...)

Also, if it fits your needs, then it works. For the people who are only checking email and maybe weather/plane schedules/etc the "unlimited dialup" is a better deal than the limited high-speed. (I actually knew someone about a year ago who really was still on 56k dialup and perfectly happy with it because she was older and didn't do anything really data-heavy on her PC)

EDIT:
I'd really like to go with Sprint considering I left working for Verizon and lost my 50% discount with them. Sprint offers a lot for the money, I like to support the under-dog and like their Google Voice integration.

AFAIK the "Google Voice Integration" works with ANY android phone on any carrier, it's not a "sprint only" feature

You guys do know that Sprint is using a 3rd-party to provide LTE service, right?

It's just like the fact that their WiMAX is provided by ClearWire. Their LTE will be provided by LightSquared. They can't just convert ClearWire's WiMAX to LTE.

And yes, it's true that WiMAX and LTE can use the same equipment; only a firmware update is required to allow WiMAX equip to run LTE, except that there are a number of other technical hurdles involved as well on the network side.

Then factor in the fact that LightSquared's LTE spectrum (1525-1559 MHz) is adjacent to the bands used by GPS (1559-1610 MHz) and as a result it's been entrenched in battles with the US government, military, and FCC (to name just a few) over worries about LightSquared's LTE disrupting GPS signals (which are also used by emergency services and missile warheads, not just your average Garmin).

LightSquared has promised to only use the lower half of its spectrum to try to appease its opponents, but they may still have a bit of an uphill struggle while rolling out the network for Sprint.

PS: Actually, Google Voice integration is a Sprint-only feature at the moment. Other carriers have not signed on for it that I'm aware of. It requires the carrier to change their device phone # to use the Google Voice number.

I'd really like to go with Sprint considering I left working for Verizon and lost my 50% discount with them. Sprint offers a lot for the money, I like to support the under-dog and like their Google Voice integration. But it sounds like next year is a defining year for them, if they will sink or swim. I await how their LTE network will turn out and if they will still keep their unlimited smartphone data plans.

Well, it will take them a year to get LTE rolling. Until it is live, they will lose a good chunk of subscribers who will no longer put up with their data because competitors will offer much better data, even if price is higher. So, if LTE launch is a success, they should be fine. If it's like Wimax, they probably won't make it. Specially considering how much they invested in the tech.

Sadly there is no 3G (much less 4G) here except Sprint and Verizon. If I could stay with sprint and go HSPA+, I would, but VZW would rape me on data and GSM providers are still EDGE...

Yeah, I'm one of those people saying that I'd rather have a slower/spottier connection and unlimited than faster/more consistent and limited. I use a LOT of data, 4-10gb/month usually and a chunk of that is streaming video, so on a plan like T-mobile where you get EDGE speed after 2gb... no, not an option (yes, I could spend hours planning and putting all my videos on USB drives the night before, but I'm not that well organized... not to mention some of the videos have to download so by the time they finish at 4AM I'm in bed and cant spend the hours transferring them...)

Also, if it fits your needs, then it works. For the people who are only checking email and maybe weather/plane schedules/etc the "unlimited dialup" is a better deal than the limited high-speed. (I actually knew someone about a year ago who really was still on 56k dialup and perfectly happy with it because she was older and didn't do anything really data-heavy on her PC)

EDIT:

AFAIK the "Google Voice Integration" works with ANY android phone on any carrier, it's not a "sprint only" feature

Sprint only for complete integration, is win or lose type thing to me.

EDIT:

GVoice does integrate with Android but Sprint specifically allows you change the device number and hands your current number over to Google. With VZW or ATT, that entire process is much more of a pain in the ass. With Sprint, it's easy

Name One US Wireless provider that has gotten better, Claim 4G speeds, and only deliver 10% of the spec.

well when you keep having unlimited commercial and broadcast your so called 4g + 10 dollars surcharge that go 1mbdown and .5up a lot of idiots fall for that

Name One US Wireless provider that has gotten better, Claim 4G speeds, and only deliver 10% of the spec.

Tmobile? Granted, they are not doing too hot and pretty much will get eaten up, but the last two years they have gotten way better. In Denver I've seen speed boosts from 300kbps down, to 5mbps + in most areas I go to.

well when you keep having unlimited commercial and broadcast your so called 4g + 10 dollars surcharge that go 1mbdown and .5up a lot of idiots fall for that

Well I must be an idiot then because I get 12 down and 5 up. :rolleyes:

Exactly why my company moved to VZ 2 months ago. I work in IT and we also manage the cell phone contracts. I received calls daily about poor speeds, dropped calls, and misc other problems. After switching to VZ the companits have almost stopped. It depends on your geographic location but VZ definaltey has a better service in SW MI.

Exactly why my company moved to VZ 2 months ago. I work in IT and we also manage the cell phone contracts. I received calls daily about poor speeds, dropped calls, and misc other problems. After switching to VZ the companits have almost stopped. It depends on your geographic location but VZ definaltey has a better service in SW MI.
Move 2 counties north of your location and VZ coverage goes to hell ... basically from north of Holland to nearly Traverse City. For that stretch Sprint is better.

VZW may "rape" you...but the difference is:

4g.png

VZW's network just fucking works....I'll gladly pay $90/month for unlimited everything to have a phone that works.

4g.png

VZW's network just fucking works....I'll gladly pay $90/month for unlimited everything to have a phone that works.

I get about 2 Mbps less than that on WiMAX. And in my city at least, I don't have any problems with Sprint coverage. If I head out into the boonies, I roam onto Verizon's network (which Sprint doesn't charge for).

I used to be on Verizon, and moved to Sprint, and honestly, I'm happier on Sprint.

Just sayin!

my bosses on sprint yesterday actually said 500kdown and 100kup is pretty good and faster than 5mb I almost pooped in my pants

4g.png

If only Sprint wasn't free to me.. lol is LTE spotty? Or pretty much coverage everywhere you go? I get about 2-9mbps on Sprint on 4G, but it's too spotty to use, so I stick to 3G.

good luck getting good signal in the Atlanta burbs.. I've been all over the country and that's one area that I never get good signal on sprint. Outside of that I haven't noticed any issues on my side with coverage.. I am currently on an Evo 3D.

If only Sprint wasn't free to me.. lol is LTE spotty? Or pretty much coverage everywhere you go? I get about 2-9mbps on Sprint on 4G, but it's too spotty to use, so I stick to 3G.

I haven't had any spottiness with LTE. If I have it I have it, it doesn't seem to fluctuate in and out and I haven't seen any issues during transitions from 3g-4g or visa versa.

I was going to post a thread myself but it appears I am not the only one experiencing problems with Sprint. I have had service for about 4 months now and it had gotten noticeably worse over the past month or two.

I'm currently in the Houston area, and on 3G I average < 500kbps down, <200 kbps up. Google searches time out, maps refuse to load, etc. I have an Evo 3D and my wife has a regular Evo; both of us are having problems.

I've started leaving "4G" turned on although even when I have a signal (which is rare unless I'm out outside in the open) I manage between 2-4mbps down. I know people like to knock ATT, but with them I averaged between 2-3mbps down on 3G!

The only positive thing I can say about Spring at this point is that I can actually make and receive phone calls in my house. That said, I'm not paying $150/month just to make phone calls :(

It cracks me up when I see Sprint "unlimited" commercials now, because there is no fucking way you could go over ATT or Verizon's caps with the speeds I'm getting :p

Sprint has been horrible for me in the Houston area as well as Baton Rouge when I go home to visit. Definitely getting worse as well. I love Sprint's service and appreciate the fact that they're the last hold-out with unlimited data, but it's getting to the point where it's just not worth it.

Unfortunately, that really only leaves one choice for me. I'd sooner shove a hot poker up my ass than go back to AT&T.

I've been able to get $115 in credits as well as a free Airave from Sprint for their spotty service this summer/fall.
I get really slow data at home (around 500kbs) but the speed really picks up when I am further inland (I live across the street from the Chesapeake Bay), but it is still not close to Verizon or ATT speeds.
I hit 2mb download the other night but normally it sits at 1 or below. VZW and ATT seem to average 3-5mb on 3G and VZW is 14-23mb on 4G.

Sprint 3G service fucking blows in Chicago, by far the worst of the big four U.S. Carriers.

I moved to Sprint when they EVO 4G came out Summer 2010, back then 3G seems ok, not great but not turtle slow, then in 2011 it seemed to be getting slower, and by this Summer download speeds of 150k/sec were the highest I was seeing, My Wife and brother both have Sprint phones too, the EVO-3D and Nexus-4G, and I am now on the E4GT, and all of those phones get the same crappy speeds, never breaking 100k/sec :mad:

That is BS !!! And just unacceptable. My buddies on Verizon get 1 - 1.5mb/sec on 3G, that is 10 x better than what I get. ATT also gets over 1mb/sec, same with T-Mobile. So Sprint's 3G is seriously like Edge or 1x speeds, just a fucking sad joke, I am not laughing at.

No wonder Sprint offers truly unlimited plans, at these slow dial up modem speeds you can't download much in a month if you wanted to.

My sprint data rates are next to useless in Michigan (suburbs of Detroit). I try my best to only use wifi if I can.

Back