Spintires

Gonna add this to my "You honestly thought that would work out well"? collection.

LOL
I know exactly where that spot is, but I was fortunate enough to test it out with a Jeep before I went through the trouble to try with a large truck. That spot really should have some shallows for crossing!

I've noticed that in window mode gpu temp settles at around 75C but when I run the game full screen it maxes out at 95, and I get all kinds of graphical bugs and artifacts after a while.

You're not alone. I put the target temp at 80c, and most of them went away.

I can play this game on my laptop(amd gpu+apu xfire) and I don't get artifacting.

me trying to save my truck...

disaster
FB530EEDC5766F8B16A7168C64E08BDC52BA6172

Seeing this game, and what it does with the deformation/physics/wheel modeling and even the way mud sticks to your tires/vehicle, it's amazing just how much a smaller indie studio can do over big AAA games.

This kind of detail would be amazing to see in every driving game, especially ones that have offroading and things.

I keep telling myself im not going to buy anymore games until I knock down my backlog a bit, but games like this are making that hard to do. This game looks like crazy amounts of fun from what I have seen so far.

I did the demo ages ago and picked up this game last week and am enjoying it

How's the mp, none of my group of friends has got the game yet

It's a lot of fun even in its early state, but it has limitations and issues. The biggest problem is that progress can't currently be saved, so if you only have an hour to play or w/e, you can't go back later and pick up where you left off. Have to start all over again the next time the host launches the game.

Also, certain things are not synced like you can't hear other vehicles (engines etc.)

Hopefully this stuff will be sorted out in the next few weeks. Don't let it stop you from trying it out anyway though, I already had several hours of fun in the MP :) It's a completely unique experience.

Oh man... I guess I'm going to have to start posting a few of my wrecks. Stupid logs are always getting me down.

Just a guess, but I have to think that someone is losing their job over this.

spintiresclusterF-Volcano1.jpg

Got the log transport submerged.....brought in truck and trailer, stuck it, pulled it out. Brought in the big ass truck, got it stuck. Brought in a truck and then flipped it over like a jackass...could have smashed the damn computer.

So I started playing this last night. Played for two hours. wow....

Spintires sells 100,000 copies in a little over 2 weeks. Impressive.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/03/soviet-off-road-vehicle-sim-spintires-sells-100000-copies/

-VIP backers are already playing around with a map editor which will be released to the public soon.
-First person camera (cabin view) and wheel support is coming
-Free updates are coming with more assets, weather, wildlife, AI

God.. If only all game developers were this way.

If that was Ubisoft

Spintires Season Pass!! $20.00

First Person View DLC
Map Editor DLC
Four Seasons DLC
Natural Wildlife DLC

So whats the multiplayer like exactly? Err, whats the game like even? Driving awesome trucks up hills and hauling logs?

Is it doable with a keyboard and mouse? Or do I need to use a ps4 controller?

Where in the hell did I put my steering wheel/pedal setup...

So whats the multiplayer like exactly? Err, whats the game like even? Driving awesome trucks up hills and hauling logs?

Keyboard is the preferred method to use. I personally use a combo of an Xbox One controller and keyboard.. There are just some actions and sequences that don't work out well or at all on the controller.

there is going to be wheel/pedal support in an update according to the devs

For me the game fails to properly save the resolution setting. I set it to 4K, next time it starts in 1440x900. Every other setting is saved properly but this. It's real annoying. Am I the only one having this issue?

For me the game fails to properly save the resolution setting. I set it to 4K, next time it starts in 1440x900. Every other setting is saved properly but this. It's real annoying. Am I the only one having this issue?

Nope.. I downsample mine at 3200x1800 and the resolution sticks fine..

That's what you get for using bleeding edge tech.:p

In case anyone might be on the fence about the game, Greenmangaming has a 30% off voucher as of this post time. Brings it to $21

Snagged from canadiangamers.net There's other titles available with that voucher code, but this is the one I was interested in....

0J6TL4-KDGHYO-O7AW3K

How's the full version compared to the demo? I've had the dev demo for about 6 months now and this game is super fun I have a couple Jeeps, a Toyota and Suzuki Samurai that I modded into the game, but I wasn't super impressed with the way the vehicles drive up onto rocks and the lack of object in the dirt. Still a super fun game though, I just have the demo still but kind of want the full version unless it really isn't worth it over the demo.

I played the demo a little over a month ago and loved it. If/When they add G25/27 support I will buy this asap. I need a reason to dust of my closet G25 and it will just be so much more fun with a wheel, 3 pedals and a gear shift.

The full version is definitely much better than the demo, but it still needs improvement. I'm a little disappointed in Oovee, actually... they touted how actively they would support and continue development of Spintires, and so far we've gotten 2 small hot fixes for some annoying bugs. It's been months and the latest developer blog/update is a list of things they want to work on... at this rate it will be many months before any of the major issues are worked out (like MP saves.)

I suggest you save your money unless they can prove the game will actually get any of the updates they've promised.

DEV231015 - Update Release + Changelog
http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/11842-dev231015-update-release-changelog/

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Hi everyone,

Today we are bringing you the long awaited update... a lot of time has been spent on killing all of the major bugs over the last 10 builds, but please be aware that there may be some very minor bugs still existing in this build. We hope that you will be understanding with the next bit of information: -

Workshop is ready, with some finishing off to do – however, the remaining programming that needs to be done could not be completed until this build was stable. This is where we had to make a decision, either 1) release the update as it stands, with workshop and the editors to follow over the coming weeks, or 2) break the news to you that you would not be receiving the update that is ready to be released, until workshop and the editors were ready to go.

After much consideration, we have made the decision to release this stable iteration of the update, minus full workshop implementation and the editors due to them being incomplete at this time.

However, there is a silver lining to every cloud. There are five new trucks and some modified original trucks available, that are the first official content available via workshop by Oovee. Of course, it is one of the most stable and tested builds we have released.

We have the following new trucks, that are available via workshop (pictured below):•B-66
•B-131
•C-4310
•D-537
•K-700
Attached File Screenshot1.jpg 113.59KB 96 downloadsAttached File screenshot2.jpg 122.5KB 69 downloadsAttached File screenshot3.jpg 121.56KB 67 downloads

Please note that mods were previously tolerated despite the contradiction of our EULA, however, it is important to note that these mods are a form of hacking and we have not officially supported mods up until this point. Workshop is our way of giving our player base the opportunity to upload and download mods directly from one central hub - although up until this point, they have been hosted on this forum and on a number of other sites.

It is important to note that all is not lost - we will endeavour to find a way to support both Workshop and non-Workshop modding, by what means we see fit and effective.

For those modders that have created trucks, the truck/mod editor will be available soon and will allow the user to create a mod directly in the editor and export to Steam Workshop.

For those modders that have created maps, the map editor will be available soon and will entail a conversion of the map to the most up to date version in order to be playable.

Please note, that if you read the Original Post for this update you will see that what we need for mod support to work in its entirety is not far behind our reach. Please remain patient and more details will be confirmed in due course.

Now, we will show you the long changelog for your viewing.

22/10/15

Back