Spintires

Well I watched much of that hour-long video and it looks like you primarily drive around, get logs, deliver said logs to a location, etc.

I bought this game on steam, and was actually pretty excited to play it, but it has to be the most boring and irritating game I have ever played.

I can't even really say which parts are the most annoying - I think it's a collection as a whole of driving around for an hour in the mud, getting stuck, getting unstuck, getting stuck again, trying to discover where the hell you are actually supposed to go only to have your truck blow up 9/10ths of the way there.

It may be an as accurate a depiction of this sort of thing as you can get now....but it's boring as heck.

So I just bought this game with GMG, so yeah!

I bought this game on steam, and was actually pretty excited to play it, but it has to be the most boring and irritating game I have ever played.

I can't even really say which parts are the most annoying - I think it's a collection as a whole of driving around for an hour in the mud, getting stuck, getting unstuck, getting stuck again, trying to discover where the hell you are actually supposed to go only to have your truck blow up 9/10ths of the way there.

It may be an as accurate a depiction of this sort of thing as you can get now....but it's boring as heck.

That just means that you need to adjust your strategy!

lol

first game I have seen keep the boss up past his bedtime in a while

Hmmm, I wonder if someone can mod a Halo Warthog in this game... I bet if they stuck well to the specs and sizing, it would be quite a great off-roader. A bit high off the ground, but lots of clearance...

The worst is when you get the balls to transport logs.. Getting the logs is alway easy but %#@%@#$ the god damn objective points have choke points.. Nothing worse than traveling to the logs, then back across the entire map to get stuck like 50ft from the objective point.

me and freaky... he tried to winch me out ... i winched him in :D

64CE71F03DC9B31251FDDA9A72E2A06520520E74

me and freaky... he tried to winch me out ... i winched him in :D

welcome to gravity...lol

Kyle, now that is odd, for me you just have to put the cab in the objective square and it prompts you to unload, just like it prompts you to load once you get the trailer straight at the wood square

De-Cloaked an entire map finally.. Also figured out the garage points thing to unlock the second garage.. Now I just have to figure a way out to actually get to the objective (easily) on the Volcano map...

This game is funny, you would think it is the most boring concept ever, except that it isn't. its a damn good simulation. damn hard too.

found a truck cab, it was conveniently almost out of gas and almost completely wrecked. bastards!

It can be a bear, move your camera around till you see a gray-ish floating panel that has a wide rectangular grayer button that says "unload" (from memory), click that button, done.

Bear... BEARS! That's what this game needs!

This game is funny, you would think it is the most boring concept ever, except that it isn't. its a damn good simulation. damn hard too.

found a truck cab, it was conveniently almost out of gas and almost completely wrecked. bastards!

I concur

Fun as hell game for something that looked boring.

I would love to see someone add some dirt bikes or other sorts of rec type vehicles. This engine is begging for it.

OMG, this...how fun would it be to ride dirt bikes, ATVs and UTVs with the throttle pegged while trying to navigate trails and streams/rivers on the map without getting stuck or flipping. If those get modded in it's a definite buy for me.

welcome to gravity...lol

Kyle, now that is odd, for me you just have to put the cab in the objective square and it prompts you to unload, just like it prompts you to load once you get the trailer straight at the wood square

It can be a bear, move your camera around till you see a gray-ish floating panel that has a wide rectangular grayer button that says "unload" (from memory), click that button, done.

I pulled up and the box turned red, I clicked unload and it threw a bunch of my logs on the ground then showed me that I needed to put some back on the damn truck. Then moving around to do that I flipped the damn truck over....twice...had to bring in support....finally got pissed and turned it off.

Finally got three load delivered. So what is the deal with unlocking the garages and do I give a shit?

Also, if any of you are having texture/shadow flashing, run it in a window. That fixed all my issues with the game graphically.

How do you unlock a garage?

I finally beat my first map, The River. Jesus....5 hours. But now I feel like I have it down better.

No problem.. I haven't tried this yet but at the Oovee website they have a Spintires launcher

This will essentially save your save of a particular map so if you start a different map you won't have to go back and unlock everything from a previous map you unlocked since the save file system only supports one map per save..

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/files/file/638-spintires-launcher/

Edit: Second download spot since Oovee are having problems with their validation system.

http://spintires.nl/st14-spintires-launcher/

Edit 2: Just tried the loader.. Works well. Two active maps without losing progress.. Just have to create a new backup of the save then delete the previous save when you exit the game which it automatically prompts you to do. So if I have a backup for the Volcano map I called "Volcano" just do a new back up, call it Volcano 2.. Then delete Volcano, and rename Volcano 2 to Volcano.. Little convoluted but beats losing progress.

Last edited:
This will essentially save your save of a particular map so if you start a different map you won't have to go back and unlock everything from a previous map you unlocked since the save file system only supports one map per save..

I have this issue with completion to the point of OCD, so I will not be needing this. I will quit the whole game (which is somewhat ironic) before I move on from a map without completion.

Sigh. I can see me needing this, dirt bike/ATV mod or not. I actually enjoy slow paced games at times, and there's nothing else quite like this out there.

So what's the deal with the camera? What's the default view and can you spin it around your vehicle at any time to get the desired angle? Can you zoom in/out? I watched 4-5 of the YouTube videos that were linked earlier and, at least on the ones I watched, the camera seemed to be at a static 45* from the driver's seat, looking back on the vehicle at an angle. It did a great job showcasing the vehicle physics but made it nearly impossible to see where the player was going. Surely you don't have to drive like that; I'd like to be able to see the "road" in front of me.

forward, backward and a very little bit of tilt. That is why people run into ditches and flip vehicles

The kids and I have our PCs all in my office. Mainly so I can keep an eye on what is going on but this allows us to game together too and have a great time doing it. So I kept bugging my daughter last night as I braved the wilderness in my ugly Russian truck. "Look Haley, I am in the mud!! Woohoo!" I have been doing this to her since I started playing, mostly getting these returned looks of, "Dad, you're a dumbass. Leave me alone." Last night she comes and watches for about 30 minutes and we discuss what is going on with the trucks, the gears, lockers, physics, etc. Then she asked me to buy her a copy so we could do multiplayer. Sucked her right in....and she is 12.

Didn't even know about this game until this thread and now found myself interested.

How's come setting a game in windowed mode would fix certain problems? I see that come up for a number of titles.

Didn't even know about this game until this thread and now found myself interested.

How's come setting a game in windowed mode would fix certain problems? I see that come up for a number of titles.

Probably crossfire/sli thing since windowed mode would take the second GPU out of the picture.

Getting more confident now... Completely comfortable with the long long trailer..

5saqELx.jpg

VVggFYw.jpg

GBMcHk8.jpg

Has to be the long log trailer.. Just go into your advanced menu and retract trailer is an option.

Kyle, there is also a garage trailer that will activate a new garage in one trip, but it is a full on 40', absolute bitch to deliver. I managed it once, on the coast map, the river crossing was...interesting.

Getting more confident now... Completely comfortable with the long long trailer..

The only bummer is that the long log trailer holds 6 units of wood, but you need 8 to complete the mission, so you have to go back no matter what. Sawmill completion should take 12 units, that way you could make more efficient use of the long log trailer.

The only bummer is that the long log trailer holds 6 units of wood, but you need 8 to complete the mission, so you have to go back no matter what. Sawmill completion should take 12 units, that way you could make more efficient use of the long log trailer.

Very true indeed.. It's more smart to do 2 medium log dumps instead of chancing the long trailer.

Just finished The River level.. So I've completely completed The River and Volcano.. 3 more to go.. Then I'll attempt them all hardcore. lol

The River is a PITA until you figure out the right crossing point.. I had to wench my trucks out so many times till I figured out the right route across.

I get the vibe from this game that its like a proverbial Tonka truck simulator for us grown up man-children.

You about nailed it. On paper you would think this is probably the most boring game you ever played even as a simulation fan.. But.. Yep.. It's ridiculously addicting. PC gaming has been in a vacation of redundancy and it's always nice when a developer truly thinks outside of the box.. This is what PC gaming is all about.

Can I set up a "private" multiplayer game? I do the friends only thing and it fills up almost immediately with uninvited folks???

Nevermind, I guess it was a game error. Tried it again and all is good.

Gonna add this to my "You honestly thought that would work out well"? collection.

xYjgvIq.jpg

Kyle. To setup a private game , just start a multiplayer game alone and let your friend join on you thru steam. Easy.

Add me !

Arr4ws

Back