Speaker and Headphone Rigs Picture Thread

Shot of my rig decorated for Christmas in astounding blackberry quality.

9hSg9.jpg

WA6-SE fed by a PicoDAC
HD650, D7000, and ATH-ESW10

Maybe I should of bought a new camera instead :p

Added more room treatments today, so its probably time to post something.

I'm using bass traps as my main absorbers after I decided it was easier to exploit their vertical extension w/ maple risers than to wall mount the smaller, thinner panels. It payed off, because the table sits against the maple boards, giving me space in between the wall and the panels, and moving the table out from the wall a bit which should give better sound. It doesn't look it, but the speakers are probably a full 3 feet away from the back wall.

4179341479_520440febe_b.jpg

4180103816_4d12ac0607_b.jpg

4179342079_d568fe778e_b.jpg

back wall w/ diffusion panels
(I can't believe what a difference these things made, so much clearer now..)
4179342241_d1f64b2bf1_b.jpg

4180104058_97b8dbd6e4_b.jpg

4180103918_3ee0e91ea8_b.jpg
4179341583_233477ea1c_b.jpg

Still waiting on my luxman rca switch to use the headphone amp, and I'll be changing out the Insignias in a few months with something better. I'm thinking either Soundlab Mini Stats, Omega Super 5, or Coincident Triumph Signature Extreme.

The amp is a DIY (not by me) Simple SE which puts out ~ 6-8 watts.

**edit: I just realized you can't see it, but there's an Apogee Duet in there somewhere....**

***edit 2: For those who asked, bass traps can be found here ***

Last edited:
And another great pair arrives! :cool:

Denon does make some great headphones...

Now waiting for the Audio technica flagship...

new speakers... well i found them in the garage and never new i had them
they sound pretty good too, nice n clear and very good bass for bookshelf speakers
14o9kc5.png

2qt90xz.png

35b606b.png

15cbsht.png

Last edited:
Finally brought the sub home! Speakers are positioned for listening on the bed not the chair since most of my HT and music viewing is done from there. I think I'm finally done for a while, only thing left is maybe a tube pre-amp to feed the direct in on the Denon. :)

DSC_3636.jpg

My bedroom system, complete horn loaded Klipsch loudspeakers with upgraded crossovers.

Please don't laugh at my crappy T.V., I'm saving up for something decent. ;)

DSCF0315.jpg
DSCF0316.jpg

Moved to a new place... and picked up Audioengine A5s today for my computer room! They're pretty good, after spending the better part of a day trying to figure out speaker placement :-p

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

And yeah, I need to pick up some small desktop speaker stands, but I can't find a retailer in Canada.

not nearly as nice as what some of you have.. but here goes...

Old setup with Telex EV SonicXS 2.1

IMG_7405-1.jpg

New setup: Mackie MR5s, Razer Barracuda AC-1 (need to upgrade soon), Roland MT-32 (for some dosbox action)

IMG_7408.jpg

IMG_7412.jpg

IMG_7411.jpg

And the Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 finally arrives! :D Soon the Beyer Dynamic Tesla and Ultrasone Special 8 will too...:p

Now I am ordering a fully decked Woo Audio dual chassis headphone masterpiece to do these gems justice.

Here some pics of my growing headphone collection...

More to come...

Last edited:
Pics before the Grace Design m902 arrives on the desk...and finally I added my second Wadia dock to my secondary system.

My messy(with headphones) putter desk...

and from the other side...

New headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990. My first "open" set and I love the sound. I've never heard such clean, strong bass from a pair of headphones. They're great for gaming, too. Very comfy, with a secure fit but no clamp effect on my head.

IMG_1042.jpg

Not connected to a PC, but to my Dad's stereo.

Grille on
lzsdf.jpg

Grille off
bbdjU.jpg

Technics Amp
vJjIM.jpg

They're a couple of Tannoy Mercury S's from 1988/89 I believe.

Rig update for new speakers. Fostex FE206E, 'cicada' concept enclosures from a DIY maestro on another forum.

4386164262_327c3a2aba_b.jpg

Flickr Photo Download: cicada1

4386164314_f05b359d32_b.jpg

Flickr Photo Download: cicada2

edit: Added a REL T3 subwoofer today (3/2/2010). Much better balance now, more rich and full, yet quick and nimble.
Its a down-firing 8" sub w/ front-firing passive radiator.

Quick pics until I finish dialing it in and take better ones....
4402008021_363e68c0ba_b.jpg

4402772408_0ac1aa95ae_b.jpg

4402007857_e4a703c593_b.jpg

Last edited:
i built stands for my pc speakers to raise them a bit.
It's simply plexiglass cut to size and a aluminum rod which i turned on a manual lathe.

stands01.jpg

stands02.jpg

stands03.jpg

Not much of a "rig", I know, but having been jobless for some time has forced me to sell some things & otherwise cut back..

Sept. 2009 iPod Classic & Audio Technica ATH-ESW9a portable headphones... Actually sounds pretty damn nice (ALAC files only)

Grado SR325is

IMG_0362.jpg

Driven by an ASUS Xonar Essence STX

IMG_0360.jpg

I like the headphones a lot, though I wish the padding around the ears was a bit thicker... same for the around the headband.

I was having trouble finding a quality subwoofer to keep up with my Klipsch LaScala's that has also been posted in this section, after shopping around for quite some time and not finding anything i decided to build my own following the plans for Bill's Tuba HT. The sound is the best i ever heard in terms of sound quality and enough SPL to make anybody grin from ear to ear.

tuba022-1.jpg
tuba001.jpg

tuba007-1.jpg
tuba010.jpg

003-2.jpg
005-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Just got my new fronts to match my SVS PSB-10 sub: SVS SCS-01 M. Two Soft-Cap 6" woofers + 1 Blacksilk tweeter in each speaker. Sound is amazing and I'm now SVS all the way!!

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

I'll be selling my pair of PSB B25 bookshelf speakers if anyone is interested.

My new arrivals !

Beyerdynamic Tesla and Audio Technica portable sealed...this completes the current upscale over and on ear headphone collection. [:p] Yes when I decide to have them all...I get them all. Next up collectors ubber Sony and all the Stax electrostatics... [:O] I shall have them all.

Superb build quality,sound very good out of the alu case, I am breaking these in right now. I will do a 48 hour break in and then do serious listening.

Next to the Ultrasone Edition 8

And...HD800 plus Grado's flagship...my current favorite dynamic headphones. [:D]

Now the flagship Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 over the ear and flagship on ear compact,plus Denon's finest the D7000. Gotta love the wood on these.

A simple headphone holder I made, on wall and can hold 18 large headphones. Used for DJ,studio monitoring and entry High-End cans.

Right now, I've got AKG 702's hooked up to a Corda Symphony DAC/Amp, but I don't have a desktop right now (it died), so I'm using the USB Connection from my laptop.

Back