So.....I got a PS3 for $100 on Ebay.

hey silver why dont u stop trolling this thread, most people are looking to get a working unit at a lower price here, some will resell or sell there broken non working unit.

For all you people having problems I hope it makes you think long and hard before you go out and try to make money at the expense of everyday blue collar workers. It's nice and dandy sitting behind a computer screen and getting a money bag to appear with that magic mouse click, but for them, it's hard, real world back breaking work.

This has to be a joke. These people are paying a market price for a good listed as broken/dead/whatever. If some working units (or at least fixable units) slip through the cracks, are the buyers to return them and apologize for trying to get a good deal?

And I don't see how they are making money at the expense of others. This eBay seller is running a business. If he happens to hit hard times because he wasn't on the ball, there is no one to blame but himself.

:rolleyes:

For all you people having problems I hope it makes you think long and hard before you go out and try to make money at the expense of everyday blue collar workers. It's nice and dandy sitting behind a computer screen and getting a money bag to appear with that magic mouse click, but for them, it's hard, real world back breaking work.

I hope you sleep well at night knowing that it's YOU that would put them out of business, NOT US.

Before you run your mouth again, think about the fact that their auctions went for well above $125 before you opened your piehole and tried to get them to test their stuff better. NOW their auctions are going for LESS MONEY because people are leery of buying anything from them now.

Go away and don't comment in this thread anymore. Go figure out a way to live with yourself while finger pointing at others like it's our doing that they may or may not go out of business. (I suspect WON'T because like I said earlier, their game console sales are less than 1/5 of their total auctions.) They're also posting under 2 or 3 identities, each selling different things. Go whine somewhere else, troll, and take business economics 101 while you're at it and realize how wrong you are.

WTF? is he retarded? i have no idea what hes even complaining about , blue color worker? wth

He probably ordered 10 and none work and that's why he's mad :D

hahaha. Get out of this thread you moron. You have no idea how you've hurt their business.

You are a clown and a snitch. Please go away and die somewhere.

Anyway, the one "no video" I saw left ends in a couple hours. Wish me luck!

I don't know dude, I bought 3 and sold off two to make $600. I am about to take half of that money to Ikea and get a new desk :D:D:D.

O btw, most of the warehouse workers are like kids coming out of high school needing a part-time job, so I don't feel bad at all.

Im pretty sure these workers get paid by the hour, whether they are "testing" ps3's or loading pallets of broken electronics that their company bought BY THE POUND.

You know nothing, since you posted you're too young to remember xp coming out, why dont you go back to your job at hot dog on a stick and STFU

Hehe...sliverjazz sounds like the morons on the feedback for this guy who complain that the items they buy don't work, EVEN though it stated clearly that fact or that it may need work on the auctions.
If you look at the site it even says that the auctions are geared for those who need parts or are mechanically inclined, so it's not like this guy doesn't know that people won't try to fix the stuff he sells. If you get it to work it's great, if not, you just had bad luck that time.
Even if you buy a PS3 on this site for $100-150 and have to send it in for repair, $250-300 total isn't that bad a price imho for a working PS3. (Maybe for a 40GB though due to it being cheaper in price and not BC)
Get a working one for half that and your golden. :p

Silverjazz is a douche. Anyways I got mine. It came 30 min ago, and it came with original box (Auction Said It Dont), and anyways it wont read a disc, but I have the new laser with me.

Will fix it when I am free, right now I will enjoy demos xD

Anyways the date is November 2007, and I can say it was a christmas gift.

*Ignoring Silverjazz comment*

Let's get back. I just wanted to give u an update on my analysis:D

Well, at first I thought my second one has a power problem. It is quite strange as it worked all of a sudden last night on s-Video..and then I tested the HDMI and it worked too on my 24inch monitor. I didn't know what i did but I went straight back to 0 when I tried to do the update via internet..yeah..the wireless was a breeze as well. I guess halfway or so...it just shutdown and heard those three beeps now..and flashing red. So, now I have two problems...those three beeps and whenever I can get pass those three beeps..by simply letting it rest (unplugged from wall) and then starting it back up, it works...and maybe switching out AC cords but I think just leaving it unplugged for like 5 minutes works. Well I have it running right now just to see if it would magically show video. Nothing yet.

Other things I found out. Well I told you earlier, I don't think anything is going to the I/O ports such as the USB ports. My thumbdrive doesn't light up when I plug it in..and the controller blinks letting me know its not connected even tho i have it. Hmm....I hooked it up to the television earlier and str8 into the wall...and nothing......a flicker of course...I tested it using s-video as i only have hDMi on my gateway monitor. I also realized after plugging audio In into my computer and television (just to make sure I didn't have anything muted on the Line in)...that i am not receving sound as well.

Auction said bad hard drive, and no video output. I formatted the hard drive, but I don't think it is the hard drive.Same thing going on with my other one..and that has no hard drive and no power goin to USB. It's almost as if the ps3 freezes immediately when I turn it on. I don't think it is an overheating issue and we do have the A/C on. The only thing i can think of is bad firmware upgrade. When I tried to upgrade via the thumbdrive last night..it gave me an error..so i thought...yeah..well I didn't format the hard drive...but I tried again over wireless and I think that's why it restarted, because it was trying to write to the hard drive. I don't really know if that HD was defective or not but I formatted it and I should be getting a new one tomorrow but I think this one works just fine from my computer's standpoint of view.

I just wish there was a way to clear the firmware manually or something. the firmware doesn't reside on the HD (right?), so it must be some ROM thats messed up.

Any ideas..anyone.does my observation sound plausible...It has to be either a power or firmware/ROM problem....but hey..I am going to FIGURE this out!

EDIT: In other news, I got my 99cent Alpine 12" subwoofer. The description (after reading the many "speaker blown") said item is not working. What the hell tho, I got it for 99cents plus the $16 shipping. I got it in original box...and can you believe everything is still sealed..manual...brackets..etc...the subwoofer wasn't sealed..but it looks like it hasn't been touched. Oh well, I am going to research the internet to see how I can do a quick test if this is working as i don't have an amp yet.

I called Sony about a replacement caddy + screws; someone's supposed to call me back.

Either I'm getting the wrong person, saying the wrong thing, they're clueless, or they don't give them out or sell them. *shrug* Which surprises me because I'm sure I'm not the first person who's called and wanted to get a new one. (Especially since the screws apparently strip out really easy, rendering the thing practically useless.)

I just wish there was a way to clear the firmware manually or something. the firmware doesn't reside on the HD (right?), so it must be some ROM thats messed up.

Any ideas..anyone.does my observation sound plausible...It has to be either a power or firmware/ROM problem....but hey..I am going to FIGURE this out!

Yeah, they really should have a way to update the firmware without having to boot to XMB first. Like a bootable cd image or something that loads straight off the cd drive, flashes it, and then boots into the XMB. Mine was fixed with a firmware update/flash.

after reading through this thread and how moronic sliver is, I'm actually pretty surprised nothing has "happened" to him... i know quite a few people that wouldn't put up with his 12 year-old nonsense for a minute. ;)

may have to save up some pennies, get a broken on and repair it. hell, like it was stated before, worse comes to worse it's 250-300 to send back to sony for a new one. still a hell of a deal :D

ALERT!!!

It seems this is going to be a DEAD DEAL now...I was watching a few that had"Corrupt Hard Drive"and they have now ENDED EARLY with no winner meaning it was pulled by the seller..I probably wouldnt risk any more purchases with this seller.Also there is some asshat "e*****q"who is bidding these through the roof and has 0 feedback(prolly sliverjizz).I think this seller is definitely screening these and now knows what to look for so now dead is dead as proven by the last few posters who cant get these running.

The asshat running bids up..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380054806152&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=025

SLIVERJIZZ..I got my PS3 for $76,it works like new and there aint shit you could do about it.I have since bought a Dualshock 3 and MGS4 and am loving it.But like its been said before,you are so worried about this guys bottom line,well,how much money do you think he will make now with no one bidding on his items..You should be banned but if nothing else,you will be a pariah on these forums..Asswipe!!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

I'm glad that you just showed all of us that you have no fucking idea what your talking about.

DAMN UPS! My package is supposed to be here today but now we dont get packages til like 6pm...I'm so impatient lol :(

Fellas.....

Even if he ruined it with that seller...... You young Padawan's know what to hunt for now.....
".....Use the Force....."

:)

Ok, I got some updates. Apparently you can download FULL GAMES on your PS3!

So I dont event ave to replace the laser!

On another note the system is running fine! Left it on for 2 hours idle updating some system version. Anyways I plan to keep it on all night and see if its working good. Mine did have the Warranty Seal Intact, has a date of November 2007, and came with original box.

Upon inspection of the box, it looks as if the unit was purchased from Best Buy.

On another note the PS3 was packaged in some tape, and has a lot of residue left on the case. How can I remove this?

Also is the PS3 silent? Mine is really silent at first I thought the fans dont work.

Ok, I got some updates. Apparently you can download FULL GAMES on your PS3!

So I dont event ave to replace the laser!

On another note the system is running fine! Left it on for 2 hours idle updating some system version. Anyways I plan to keep it on all night and see if its working good. Mine did have the Warranty Seal Intact, has a date of November 2007, and came with original box.

Upon inspection of the box, it looks as if the unit was purchased from Best Buy.

On another note the PS3 was packaged in some tape, and has a lot of residue left on the case. How can I remove this?

Also is the PS3 silent? Mine is really silent at first I thought the fans dont work.

You can download full games off the PSN store like Warhawk, Tekken and whatever else is on there, but you can't download games like MGS4 or Uncharted. You're still going to need a working laser for those.

The 2ndturn ones ship out of Irvine, Ca so it may not be the same person.

Just becareful what kind of cloth you use to wipe it as the finish gets fine scrathes in it very easy. I wouldn't put goo be gone on it, but I used to use the microfiber cloth that came with my Samsung DLP to clean it. A paper towel willscratch it up if you look in the light.

lol so thanks to silverjizz now all their PS3s are magically in working condition ?

Whered all the AS-IS go ?

EDIT: Nvm I got it, 2ndturn closeouts was the AS-IS, was 2ndturn always with so much stock of working PS3s ?

I was about to hop on and see if I could sell some for money but now it seems they have cought on. They also have another account bumping all of the prices :mad: Isn't that illegal? The same person will up bid all of the auctions when they are sub 50$.

Anyone else notice that all the 40gbs have disc read errors? Could it be a firmware thing? Or do they possibly test ps2 disc?

Hah, get this. I put the PS3 in the freezer for about an hour and turned it on. I was able to get the XMB display and even put a dvd movie in and see it. This lasted for about 2 minutes before the screen image, since I ejected and went back to the main menu, froze and wouldnt let me see anything anymore.
I think the person before me left it on too long and overheated it.
Not sure what to do now. I am going to be calling sony tomorrow and ask them if there is anything I can try other than spending the $149 to fix it. Doubt they would anyway, I have taken it apart now.
Wonder if I should just take it apart and water cool the bitch in a PC case.

*Ignoring Silverjazz comment*

Let's get back. I just wanted to give u an update on my analysis:D

Well, at first I thought my second one has a power problem. It is quite strange as it worked all of a sudden last night on s-Video..and then I tested the HDMI and it worked too on my 24inch monitor. I didn't know what i did but I went straight back to 0 when I tried to do the update via internet..yeah..the wireless was a breeze as well. I guess halfway or so...it just shutdown and heard those three beeps now..and flashing red. So, now I have two problems...those three beeps and whenever I can get pass those three beeps..by simply letting it rest (unplugged from wall) and then starting it back up, it works...and maybe switching out AC cords but I think just leaving it unplugged for like 5 minutes works. Well I have it running right now just to see if it would magically show video. Nothing yet.

Other things I found out. Well I told you earlier, I don't think anything is going to the I/O ports such as the USB ports. My thumbdrive doesn't light up when I plug it in..and the controller blinks letting me know its not connected even tho i have it. Hmm....I hooked it up to the television earlier and str8 into the wall...and nothing......a flicker of course...I tested it using s-video as i only have hDMi on my gateway monitor. I also realized after plugging audio In into my computer and television (just to make sure I didn't have anything muted on the Line in)...that i am not receving sound as well.

Auction said bad hard drive, and no video output. I formatted the hard drive, but I don't think it is the hard drive.Same thing going on with my other one..and that has no hard drive and no power goin to USB. It's almost as if the ps3 freezes immediately when I turn it on. I don't think it is an overheating issue and we do have the A/C on. The only thing i can think of is bad firmware upgrade. When I tried to upgrade via the thumbdrive last night..it gave me an error..so i thought...yeah..well I didn't format the hard drive...but I tried again over wireless and I think that's why it restarted, because it was trying to write to the hard drive. I don't really know if that HD was defective or not but I formatted it and I should be getting a new one tomorrow but I think this one works just fine from my computer's standpoint of view.

EDIT: In other news, I got my 99cent Alpine 12" subwoofer. The description (after reading the many "speaker blown") said item is not working. What the hell tho, I got it for 99cents plus the $16 shipping. I got it in original box...and can you believe everything is still sealed..manual...brackets..etc...the subwoofer wasn't sealed..but it looks like it hasn't been touched. Oh well, I am going to research the internet to see how I can do a quick test if this is working as i don't have an amp yet.

bump....

I think I am going to try the warranty repair service and see if they will accept it.

EDIT. To the poster above me..LOL....oh my goodness..I am going to try this right now..lol

You guys are so funny. PS3 popsicles for everyone!

And yeah, pretty much this deal is dead unless you buy with intentions of replacing the laser.

oh my gosh...I can't beleive I am doing this...lol....1 minute so far...

EDIT: 2 mins

Back